• No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 52 of 239 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Junichi Masuda explicitely said with Victini's unveiling that he wants fans to meet the mythical Pokémon in a different way than before, which was why Victini was given away to the public 9 and a half months before its movie will debut in cinemas. We could easily get a situation like:

September 2010 - Victini revealed.
    February 2011 - Full Movie Title Known - Victini and the Dark Hero - Zekrom / Victini and the Light Hero Reshiram.
    September 2011 - Keldeo Revealed.
    February 2012 - Meloetta Revealed. Full Movie Title Known (Featuring both Keldeo and Meloetta). (Or, we could even get 2 movies like last year, one featuring Keldeo & Kyurem, and another featuring Meloetta and Kyurem)
    September 2012 - Genesect Revealed.
    February 2013 - Gen VI Pokémon (Co-Star of new movie) revealed.
    September 2013 - Gen VI Released.
    Why would they reveal the 3 remaining event Pokemon almost 10 months before the movies are released? O_o I think Victini was an exception to the rule...The Pokemon company usually reveal the event Pokemon in February or so to create hype for the movie that will be released in July. Revealing them in September is such a waste of a marketing tool.

I do however agree with you on Nintendo probably wanting to release the next gen games on the 3DS soon. Anyone know how old the DS was when D/P were released in Japan?

I guess if the next gen games are destined to be released in 2014 then GAMEFREAK and other game developers can just spam us with a bunch of spin-offs in the mean time...

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Frugrow View Post
    Why would they reveal the 3 remaining event Pokemon almost 10 months before the movies are released? O_o I think Victini was an exception to the rule...The Pokemon company usually reveal the event Pokemon in February or so to create hype for the movie that will be released in July. Revealing them in September is such a waste of a marketing tool.

I do however agree with you on Nintendo probably wanting to release the next gen games on the 3DS soon. Anyone know how old the DS was when D/P were released in Japan?

I guess if the next gen games are destined to be released in 2014 then GAMEFREAK and other game developers can just spam us with a bunch of spin-offs in the mean time...
    Because Junichi Masuda said that this time he wants fans to discover the mythical Pokémon in a different way. It wouldn't be a waste of a marketting tool at all; we're still getting loads of Victini merchandise filling the Pokémon centre stores, Victini in the Red Collection and giving away V-Create Victini as a bonus for pre-booking tickets.
    One difference is that unlike Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect, Victini can be caught in-game; however, like how they held back with V-Create, they can first give away Keldeo without being able to unlock Secret Sword (So the movie one will be able to access the event), and Meloetta without being able to learn Relic Song - or just give them event-only moves.

The DS was 2 years old when DP were released. If Gen V is released in 2013, then it will be on the same time scale.

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by TheCapsFan5000 View Post
    Since we're talking about the E4, I think the edition of Hydregion and/or Garchomp would make a good team for Drake (if he returns). There have been so many (fairly) good dragon-type Pokemon released in the last two generations, so they should add some in for the remakes.
    I really hope they don't do that -- I want them to stick with the Hoenn pokedex.

One thing I hope a remake does, is show the Elite 4 a lot more - Hoenn's Elite need to be more memorable.
    Definitely -- there was no interaction with them until you actually reached the Elite 4. I want to interact with them beforehand.

Well, they added the Kimono girls into the HGSS story, as well as the Giovanni event...
    Well that was not so much a plot point as it was a way to work Lugia/Ho-Oh into the plot.

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Still, it's kinda annoying when an E4 member has more then one of the same Pokemon. Like Glacia having two Sealeo and Phoebe having two Dusclops and two Bannette.
    I mean, battling Sideny and Steven is fun because they has 5/6 different Pokemon.

Blog Entries

@GatoRage: That it is. I would want that for the first time around against them, the teams would be tweaked just enough to not have any duplicates.

I'm sure that if you take a look at GenIII and older pokemon, you can build full 5 pokemon teams for both of them.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Looking at the Hoenn dex, Sableye, Bannette and Dusclops are the only Ghost-types there, so why they made a Ghost-type E4 member is beyond me. Same with ice, aside from Regice, the Snorunt and Spheal lines are the only ice-types in the dex.

Blog Entries

Speaking of Phoebe, why WASN'T she at Mt. Pyre?? They go to the trouble of mentioning those are her grandparents up top and yet that's all you ever know... She should appear there after the Team Aqua/Magma event to give the player advice on challenging the pokemon league.

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Karpi View Post
    Speaking of Phoebe, why WASN'T she at Mt. Pyre?? They go to the trouble of mentioning those are her grandparents up top and yet that's all you ever know... She should appear there after the Team Aqua/Magma event to give the player advice on challenging the pokemon league.
    I suppose that would be a good idea - she could provide the player with interesting backstory, either on the legends of Hoenn, her family or w/e if they choose to interact with her.

Alternately, I think if they did sequel Hoenn games that would also be a good idea; they could have Phoebe secede from the E4 but have her appear in Mt. Pyre every Wednesday or whatever to battle, like how you can meet Cynthia in Undella every Spring & Summer. That way you could also give the Hoenn E4 a shake-up.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

@Joshawott I don't approve of replacing Steven from the Mossdeep Space Center plot with Tate and Liza. That tag battle was one of the coolest things in Emerald and they should keep it.

Roxanne could help in the first encounter with the evil team or something.

Maybe they could add a subplot in the Dewford cave where the Team wants to get to Steven to get info about the Meteorite since he's a collector of rare rocks. Brawly could help there.

Norman could show up in all sorts of places to encourage the player and also at Sootopolis during the crisis because he's worried or something.

Flannery can help at Mt. Chimney.

Can't think of anything for Winona. The Weather Institute could be expanded maybe?

Can't think of anything for Tate and Liza

Keep Juan as the Gym Leader and Wallace could do the same stuff he does in Emerald.

Glacia should get Froslass. Froslass is more "ice-y" than she is "ghost-y", at least in my eyes. o3o

Phoebe could get both Dusclops AND Dusknoir.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpi View Post
    Even though I say this, I want to see Glacia with a Froslass. I also never understood why Phoebe didn't have a Shedinja, but I'll let that one slide...
    I guess Phoebe didn't have a Shedinja because of the frustration one player could have on the off chance that they forget/by chance didn't have an SE move. It happens when you least expect it after all. >> -glares at Battle Frontier-
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    I agree, they did this with Agatha in FireRed and LeafGreen, so it wouldn't be unlikely.

Man, I really hope they do remake Ruby and Sapphire.

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

I guess Phoebe didn't have a Shedinja because of the frustration one player could have on the off chance that they forget/by chance didn't have an SE move. It happens when you least expect it after all. >> -glares at Battle Frontier-
    I really hope that wasn't the reason, aftr all its suppsoed to be the elite four, not the weak four :/ Besides, Shedinja's got five weaknesses, its not like its hard to kill if you go prepared, which you;re supposed to for the E4 :/

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    I agree, they did this with Agatha in FireRed and LeafGreen, so it wouldn't be unlikely.
    It would also be phail :( If they just gave her Sableye, Banette evo, Dusknoir & Shedinja that's be enough for a team (as Unova has shown us).

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

Blog Entries

Going to go out on a limb here:

Phoebe's new team could be:

Sableye
    Dusclops
    Dusknoir
    Banette
    2nd Banette

I don't think she will get Shedinja (after discussion) or Froslass (because Glacia will have one)
    Speaking of Glacia, if they swap a Glalie for a Froslass, she still also has 2 Sealeos, so the double Banettes wouldn't be that big of a deal

Blog Entries

At this point, considering the lack of certain types of Pokemon and the new standard given by Unova, I think they can use the same battle format as BW with four Pokemon (since most were doubles anyway) but with much higher levels due to all of them being the same levels, probably having Drake's team's levels with all their Pokemon except their main being at level 53, and the main one being at level 55. Let's be honest here, when we look at their team, only Sidney has all unique Pokemon (and can even have six unique Pokemon) if you count pre-evolutions at doubling up, everyone else had three species at most in RS, and Drake managed a fourth in Emerald.

With that said, I think their teams should be this (Italics indicate the main Pokemon at level 55, spoilers indicate the additional Pokemon post-E4, who's levels will increase by 12 and 15 having the non-main Pokemon at level 65 and the main Pokemon at 70)

Sidney
    -Mightyena
    -Cacturne
    -Sharpedo
    -Absol

Phoebe
    -Sableye
    -Banette
    -Shedinja*
    -Dusknoir

Glacia
    -Glaceon
    -Glalie
    -Frosslass
    -Walrein

Drake
    -Altaria
    -Flygon
    -Kingdra
    -Salamence

Steven (level 60's and 63, level 75's and 78)
    -Skarmory*
    -Cradily
    -Armaldo
    -Claydol
    -Aggron*
    -Metagross

Personally, I want Wallace to stay as 8th gym leader with a Juan cameo.

Glacia, unfortunately is still screwed by Hoenn unless they want to put Eevee in the Pokédex and give her Glaceon, which I think would be for the best.

The level range for the Elite 4 puts them stronger than the Unova Elite 4 and arguably places them in Bruno's power tier in comparison to the original Kanto Elite 4.

The five-level jump and six Pokemon team should probably be enough of a challenge for trainers who managed to get through the Elite 4.

Rematch teams also use Dream World abilities and improved AI

EDIT: Postgame, I want this trainer to show up

You still get a message in the news about a blue (Ruby) or red (Sapphire) Pokémon zooming around the region. However, it doesn't become active in the wild as a roaming Pokémon until you go to a specific route and meet up with it face to face like the encounter with Tornadus and Thunderus. You're guided to that route by a phone call from your opposite gendered rival.

When you arrive to that route, you meet your rival, and then Latios/Latias flies in front of you and takes specific interest in you, then flies away. Then this trainer flies down on her dragon, being the opposite-version dragon of yours and gives a much-needed background story to these dragons, as well as claiming that she plans to catch it. It becomes a roaming Pokemon at that point.

Once it's captured, no matter which route, the girl comes back again, talks about how she wanted it and thought it was amazing you caught it. She then proposes a challenge to you, a battle between your two dragons and asks you to meet on top of Sky Pillar (if Rayquaza was not caught yet, it won't be there anymore until after this event is fulfilled) after you bond with your dragon and train it properly. You get to the Sky Pillar, with your Lati@s in your party and she challenges you to a one-on-one battle between the two dragon. If you win the battle, she gives you the Soul Dew and gives more background info on the Soul Dew and the dragons, before flying off.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 3rd July 2011 at 12:43 AM.

Blog Entries

I really hope they don't have the Elite Four have four pokémon each, that would put them closer to the childishly easy difficulty level of the Unova E4. I don't think they'll do that anyway, as the reason the Unova E4 were so laughably easy seems to be that there's a whole lot more stuff after them (Reshiram, N, Ghetsis) instead of just the Champion.