• No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 3 of 239 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion *READ FIRST POST*

Yea that would be awesome for remakes! Ruby and Sapphire are really fun and you can tell by my pic that I love them. The thing I didn't like about them was the graphics. So if they remade them with new graphics and features like HGSS I would be soooooooooooooooooooooo happy! And I hope people agree with me!
    We need HM Dive back too! It wouldn't be Hoenn without it. Also I think some Gym Leader/Elite Four clothing redesigns would be good. ALSO they need to bring back PokéNav.
    Last edited by CyndaCynda; 2nd January 2011 at 08:38 PM.
    Yay Cyndaquil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

Eh, some of these are ideas others mentioned. But anyways:

Hoenn can return to its orignal TMs for the most part, with the latter 45 being somewhat the same: the Emerald tutor moves that are on TMs can remain as TMs (Dream Eater, Explosion, Psych Up, Rock Slide, Substitute, Swagger, Swords Dance, Thunder Wave). The move tutors from FRLGE would come back, as would the tutors for Draco Meteor and the Elemental Hyper Beams and Oaths.

Regarding story changes, well:
    ~In Ruby, you battle TAqua a bit, though TMagma remains the main antagonist.
    ~The same/opposite goes for Sapphire.
    ~The gyms use the Emerald Roster. Norman and Winona are swapped, though. Surf becomes useable with Norman's badge.
    ~Juan is the 8th gym leader. Your battle with him gets interrupted. How? The first time you battle him, you defeat him. (He doesn't give you the badge just yet.) However, after the main conflict is resolved with Kyogre/Groudon, he reveals tht he didn't use all of his pokemon--he had one more in store, before he was interrupted (Kingdra). You battle him again. He is harder this time.
    ~One you foil the antagonist team, the Regis can be found.
    ~After beating Wally, Wally tells you to see your dad. Norman is available for another challenge. Beating him fetches you a TM.
    ~Sidney has the same team, Mightyena, Shiftry, Absol, Catcurne, & Crawdaunt.
    ~Phoebe has the following team: Dusclops with Evolution Stone/Wonder of Evolution; Banette; Froslass; a Michievous Heart Sableye; Dusknoir.
    ~Glacia has the following team: Sealeo with Evolution Stone x2; Glalie; Froslass; Walrein.
    ~Drake has the following team: Shelgon with Evolution Stone; Flygon; Altaria; Kingdra; Salamence.
    ~Steven is the Champion, and has the following team: Probopass; Metang with Evolution Stone; Aggron; Magnezone; Skarmory; Metagross.
    ~After defeating the Elite 4/Steven, Latios or Latias become available (your pick). There is a new feature: they can be reset. There will be two characters in a certain pokemon center. They will ask you how your search for the one you picked is going. Talking to them resets the health and EVs of the wild runner. Also, showing them the pokemon will get you the Soul Dew item.
    ~After defeating the Elite 4/Steven, there is a minor plot with the secondary antagonist and the opposite legendary (TA in Ruby, TM in Sapphire).
    ~Once you battle this team, the opposite legendary is available for battle and capture, at level 70, as is Rayquaza.
    ~Wallace is available for battle after you foil the secondary antagonist team, and has the following team: Starmie; Swampert; Tentacruel; Gyarados; Kingdra; Milotic. (This is a high average BST team.)
    ~Once Wallace is defeated, Lugia and Ho-oh can be captured at level 70. Lugia requires 3-ish (I dunno) Silver Qualification thingies, and Ho-oh requires one Gold Qualification thingie.
    ~There is more backstory regarding the Regis.
    ~Regigigas is available at level 75, if you have all 3 Regis present.
    ~There is backstory available on Jirachi. Jirachi is available for capture, at level 30.
    ~There are meteors to change the form of Deoxys. Deoxys is available for capture, at level 30.
    ~The seasons and day and night are present.
    ~The Battle Frontier is present in some form--it's my requirement for Lugia and Ho-oh, so it's got to be.
    ~Berries can be grown in Hoenn.
    ~Some of the rarest berries are available in game.
    ~The classic contests return.

Well, that's about it on my part.
    bennett likes this.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

Blog Entries

While i would love for the original-style contests to return (the only ones i liked to do) i don't think it will happen :(

Unrelated: A Latios/Latias in-game encounter could account for the lack of a way to obtain Soul Dew in 5th gen

Another thing i just thought of:

On Sapphire (as an example) you meet Team Aqua on Mt. Chimney doing their volcano thingy, but Team Magma is there also, supposedly helping you.

What if you got to do a tag battle? You and Maxie vs Archie and one of his admins or something like that

Thumbs up Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion *READ FIRST POST*

Quote Originally Posted by Karpi View Post
    Another thing i just thought of:

On Sapphire (as an example) you meet Team Aqua on Mt. Chimney doing their volcano thingy, but Team Magma is there also, supposedly helping you.

What if you got to do a tag battle? You and Maxie vs Archie and one of his admins or something like that
    ^I approve of this idea.

Oh and I would really love if we could create Secret Bases Underwater.

Blog Entries

Since they chronologically take place before Pokemon BW, I want Dream World to return, though a bit later into the game so we can see its development with Devon Corporation's technology. Also take out the lame limitations. As for the berries online, it wouldn't make sense that the generation that introduced most of the series' berries to be locked up in Dream World. Instead, I want RS-Dream World to give us access to the e-card berries and obviously the rarer stat-up berries that aren't available in-game.

For the plot, I want it to follow Emerald's plot very closely with both teams being the villain. However, there will be separate focuses depending on the version, with Ruby focusing more on Magma and Sapphire on Emerald. I see this focus more as a post-game plot where you learn more about Maxie/Archie's motives post-game. The opposite team could also act as though they're "good guys" earlier in the game before the reveal that they're bad guys as well. Perhaps they can even twist it up a bit with Team Magma being the "good guys" in Ruby and Aqua in Sapphire before its revealed that they're also after the legendary Pokemon.

It would also be nice if they gave Jirachi a backstory in these games. Perhaps a post-game plot. You don't actually catch Jirachi, but the plot alludes to it and a future WiFi event, kind of like the Lunar Wing plot but more expanded.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Baron Brixius On Twitter

Would like those games to have something similar to Underground, only located underwater. And Pokeshifter being able to transfer items with pokemon.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

One thing I want to see is that Hoenn is seriously revamped envinronment-wise, so it looks like a massive tropical paradise (albeit with the northwestern corner looking relatively the same from what it did in RS), with all sorts of tropical plants everywhere, even on those islands out in the ocean. Also, coral reefs in the underwater sections are a must. A Regigigas event in the Sealed Chamber activated by finding all the Regi's would be nice, too.

This might sound a little strange but I would like the remakes to include a Pokewalker as did the remakes of Gold and Silver. I really enjoyed the Pokewalker.

Blog Entries

I would want those to be the covers. I also want to see some great gen 3 vs sprites.

And maybe make Dialgia only avalible in Sapphire and Palkia only avalible in Ruby and you have to get both to get giratina.

Blog Entries

Make the journey like a re-visit, like what they tried to do in GS but failed.

Perhaps, if they go with the re-visit idea, they could have some sort of new team, or neo-Magmen/Aquariums going about. Then again, they tried that with GS and failed too.

One thing I know for certain; they should have a Pokedex like in DPPt/BW where you only have to see the Pokemon. It was ridiculous in the originals how some of the Pokemon don't even appear in game at all.
    bennett likes this.

Blog Entries
    Add OverlordRuby on Facebook
    Follow OverlordRuby on Tumblr

Like a lot of people here, I want the new games to be a sort of sequel.
    ~Some Gym Leaders and/or E4 members could retire and have new people that were important to the plot in the originals take over. (someone else already said that, but I'm repeating it because it an awesome idea)
    ~There should be some sort of climate change, with most of Hoenn becoming warmer (besides the north) or colder (besides the south)
    ~Pokemon evos should be revised (budew-roselia-roserade, not just roselia)
    ~Pokemon from Black and White should be available
    ~Pokemon should be able to walk with you
    ~Get rid of the stupid battle tents (was that only in emerald?), and only have contests in one place (Lilycove)
    bennett likes this.

Blog Entries

What I would like to see.

Old Features
    -Secret Bases Return.
    -Pokemon Following you feature returns.
    -Pokemon Contest.
    -Feebas needs max beauty to evolve again however you have to trade it with Clean Scales as well.
    -Pokeblocks return.
    -Emerald Battle Frontier returns with revamped rosters.
    -Pokenav Returns.

New Features
    - You are now able to visit other people's secret bases over Wifi.
    - The Day Care Couple raise the EV's of your Pokemon when you leave them with them.
    - Altering Cave now serves a purpose post game if you bring the Griseous Orb there received from Steven you unlock a new area and Giratina is found there.
    - You are able to use the Space Station in Mossdeep city to battle Deoxys a special item would be given over Wifi in order to battle it.
    - You are able to customize the Safari Zone again like in HGSS some Gen 1,2,4,5 Pokemon can be found there.
    - If you return the Meteorite to Prof.Cosmo in Fallabor Town Bagon will be present in Meteor Falls they're very rare though.
    - Prof.Birch will request that you find him a certain Pokemon during the game after you get the certain Pokemon he will reward you with rare items. Post Game he will allow you to pick from Snivy,Tepig and Oshawott.

Gym Leader Roster Changes/Elite 4 Rosters

Roxxane- Nosepass(15),Anorith(13)- TM:Knock Down
    Brawly- Makuhita(20),Meditite(18),Machop(18)-TM:Bulk UP
    Wattson-Manetric(24),Plusle(23),Minun(23)- TM:Volt Change
    Flannery-Torkoal(29),Vulpix(25),Camerupt(27) - TM: Nitro Charge
    Winona-Altaria(33),Swellow(30),Tropius(30),Skarmory(31) - TM:Aerial Ace
    Norman-Slaking(38),Kecleon(35),Zangoose(35),Vigoroth(36)- TM:Facade
    Tate&Liza- Solrock(43),Lunatone(43),Claydol(41),Xatu(41)- TM:Psycho Shock
    Juan-Milotic(49),Kingdra(46),Swampert(46),Luvdisc(45),Lombre(46)
    TM: Boiling Water
    *Norman is know the 6th Gym Leader and Winona is the 5th.

Sidney-Absol(50),Mightyena(47),Sharpedo(49),Shiftry(47),
    Phoebe-Dusclops(52),Sabelye(51),Banette(50),Shedninja(50)
    Glacia-Walrein(54),Glalie(51),Castform(51),Sealeo(51)
    Drake-Salamence(56),Kingdra(54),Flygon(54),Sceptile(53)
    Wally-Gardevoir(59),Delcatty(55),Altaria(56),Magneton(57),Huntail(56),Roselia(46)
    *Wally is the new Champion.

Team Aqua & Team Magma Changes
    - Team Magma now uses the Numel/Camerupt,Slugma,Aron,Vulpix,Torkoal and Zubat line
    -Team Aqua now uses the
    Wingull,Marill,Carvanah,Wailmer,Zubat and Clampearl line.
    -Post Game Team Magma Pursues Latias and Team Aqua purusues Latios.
    -Your rivals are more involved in the Aqua/Magma plot.
    -At one point in the game you must disguise as Team Aqua/Magma and your rival the opposite team in order to spy.

* I'll do everything else later Rival Rosters, Gym Leader and Elite Four Rematches, Frontier Brains, and Post Game battles.
    bennett likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow GoldeenTail On Twitter Add GoldeenTail on MySpace
    Follow GoldeenTail on Tumblr

Surfing speed should speed up to compliment the huge waters. Even though this may sound pointless, but I'll like different sprites for each pokemon when surfing. HGSS did give us indivisual walking sprites, so why not go the extra mile?
    Last edited by GoldeenTail; 22nd February 2011 at 10:24 PM.

WOW TRANSFORMERS IS A DUMB SERIES LOL. GT GROW THE FUCK UP.
    Tumblr / My eggs /My blog / deviantart

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

I see this bringing a lot of epicness into the games.

Like Ruby and Sapphire themselves, the remakes each exclusively hold one of the mascot legends at the climax of the game: Groudon in the Ruby remake, and Kyogre in the Sapphire remake. Of course, I would also like to see their cataclysmic battle displayed in Emerald, complete with Rayquaza descending from the sky to break up the fight. (You saw the cutscene in Emerald. Imagine the revamp... whoa.) In the Ruby remake, Kyogre retreats, while a restless Groudon is found in the Cave of Origin with a cutscene depicting it rising out a lava pool it created, roaring and ready to fight at Lv.45. Post-game, Kyogre is found in areas where it causes heavy rainfall, and you fight it at Lv.70, just like in Emerald. In the Sapphire remake, switch Groudon and Kyogre around, give Kyogre water instead of lava, and for finding Groudon, the areas where you find it have intense sunlight. And to mitigate the problem Emerald had with Rayquaza making the Elite Four way too easy, it won't return to the Sky Pillar until you beat the Elite Four.
    bennett likes this.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Blazaking EX View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that a sequel would probably be much better than a remake.
    While I do agree with you that I would rather a sequel than a remake (set in BW's time to keep up with the current Generations events), this thread is called "RS remake Discussion", not "Future Hoenn games discussion" or "RS sequel discussion", I think discussing sequels should be relegated to a different thread and focus on the story we already have when posting in this very thread.

That been said, and back on topic, considering that every remake thus far has updated gameplay mechanics to then-current standards, I say that if Hoenn remakes are done, seasons and Dream World would be a given (just like HGSS benefitted from GTS); storywise, DW might be justified through Devon Corp. and its famous employee (if they come before Grey, Grey could say DW was developed by Devo, just improvised by Makomo, not unlike what Emerald did in regards to Bill's PC system). Apart from that, this is what I'd like to have in such a game:

Storyline/continuity changes:
    -Just like HGSS had some Crystal-original plots, Hoenn remakes would feel refreshing if they receive some of Emerald's additions to the plot: mainly both Teams being villains but with one acting behind the scenes -and pretending their helping you, only to reveal their true intention near the game's climax- so the focus is kept on each version's respective Team and mascot; and Scott meeting you throughout your journey.
    -While I want Aqua and Magma to keep their original goals (in order for the game to be truly considered a remake and not fall into retcon/reboot troubles), their ACTS and schemes to achieve them must be way more threatening to keep up with BW's epic story, otherwise it wouldn't be as good received by new fans.
    -Improve Wally's and Brendan's/May's roles. Both need more appareances and fullfleshed plots.
    -No more timeline/continuity retcons. Retconning Emerald into taking place at the same time Red's journey happened was lame IMO; retconning the remakes into BW's time period would be even worse.
    -Keep Emerald's Battle Frontier instead of sharing a new one with Unova's third version.
    -Feature the Regi's (maybe along with Regigigas) and/or Lati@s as part of the plot after the E4 (like Heathran in Platinum).
    -Keep RS's League (a type-themed Champion is anticlimactic, let alone sharing their type with a previous Leader. While Steven was also type-themed, his team was less Steel typed, plus Steel brings more challege that water) but don't erase Juan. Instead he can be given a new role, like making him a recurring character along with Steven (or playing Steven's Emerald role). Alternatively, I think Wallace could be the original Sootopolis Leader but after beating him he gets replaced by Juan (due to Wallace retiring because of shame or to focus in contests, W/E), but you can only fight him after beating the League for the first time; then you must beat Juan (after a post-E4 sidequest) in order to earn the right to rechallange the E4 (just like in FRLG you need to beat Sevii to rechallenge the League, you must beat the Kanto Leaders to rechallenge Johto's E4 and you have to beat Stark Mountain before rechallenging Sinnoh's E4).
    -This might be a bit of a stretch, but with your family living IN LITTLEROOT and Norman being PETALBURG's Leader, to keep up with the "maturity" of Gen V, they might make your parents explicitly divorced, with your mom living with you in Littleroot and Norman LIVING (not just working) in Petalburg.
    -If we want Kanto not to die (which to an extent includes me), the games might feature Kanto references or even cameos -the first thing that comes into my mind is revealing the origin of Hoenn's Dex: it is the only one whose origin is never told to the player, plus, excluding the current Unova dex, Hoenn's is the only one not developed by Oak, so both issues (Hoenn dex origin not revealed, no Oak mention in regards to that particular dex and no Kanto characters in Gen V) might be adressed with Oak appearing in RSE's remake and telling us he again developed or co-developed Hoenn Pokédex. Bruno might also appear as it's stated in Emerald that he and Brawly train together.
    -And speaking of that, we need to be told when the hell does this story takes place! Does it happen right before or right after FRLG? Does it happen during (that is, simultaneously) FRLG? Does it happen between FRLG and HGSS (like say, in the second of the three years that happen between each one)? Or does it take place after HGSS-DPPt (like I originally thought and somehow still want to think)? TELL US THE TRUTH GAME FREAK!

Gameplay changes:
    -With so many water routes, Hoenn deserves to have at least some of them frozen when winter comes. And of course, lots of weather changes (I thought of water because that's what Hoenn is famous for). How about berries growing faster in summer and slower in winter (with spring and autumn retaining the original growth rates).
    -Completely redone/revamped dungeon maps, i.e. instead of giving GBA Petaburg Woods a coat of paint and that's all, make a brand-new forest (that is, a new map) but located between Petalburg and Rustboro so it can be recognized as Petalburg Woods, and so on with every route and dungeon. Think of Zelda games: most of them take place in Hyrule and retain the same places and location, but each individual place gets a new map in every game so to keep fresh. Like how in Yellow they gave Cerulean Cave a brand-new map.
    -Emerald's Battle tents.
    -Redesigned and harder Gyms puzzles.
    -Gen IV's evolutions for those Pokémon that are part of the Hoenn dex (and not only some of them -what HGSS did-, but ALL of them).
    -Triple Battles to be included. How about Brendan, May and Wally against Archie, Maxie and another baddie?
    -Emerald's Gym rosters and rematches.
    -Emerald's Call system AND FRLG/DPPt's VS Seeker.
    -Of course, just like HGSS brought back Apricorns, RSemakes need berries and Pokéblocks back.
    -Berry crushing and Pokéblock making should involve an all-new minigame (which might or might not use the touch screen and 3D, assuming the game would come out on the 3DS).
    -The comeback of walking Pokémon and a PokéWalker-like real-life device.
    -Introduce a new key item that lets you move faster while on water (waterski? anyone?).
    -New ways of getting non-Hoenn Pokés. I'm tired of Prof. X giving you the starters (Birch giving away Johto's in Emerald and Oak giving away Kanto's in HGSS), and I'm even more tired (in-universe, it doesn't makes much sense really) of swarms, time-capsules/palparks/shifters and Safari Zone expansions. I think Dream World and a well thought post-E4 area (but NOT located in Hoenn) is enough.

Aesthetic/Other changes
    -A FMV anime-styled intro (but keeping the original concept of RSE original intro sequence) and cutscenes, and a full orchestrated soundtrack.
    -New clothes for the characters. Summer clothes must be based off of Emerald's outfits (which cover less of the characters skin and are looser) and Winter clothes being based off of RS outfits (which look heavier). And artwork for both looks (currently I've seen no artwork depicting Touya and Touko in their winter attires). AND PLEASE, CLARIFY BRENDAN'S HEAD. PLEASE.
    -Speaking of that, keep May. I'm almost sure that if they make such a game, they would indeed keep her, I just write this to clarify that I like May and want her back.
    -New Pokémon artwork, even if Gen V's style still is similar to Gen III in regards to Pokémon.
    -If it comes for the 3DS -and thus, there is enough ROM, fully animated BATTLES (not just animated Pokémon).

I think that's all I'd like to have in a Hoenn remake. At least all that comes to my mind.
    Last edited by VeggiePopper; 28th December 2010 at 08:08 PM.
    bennett likes this.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Page 3 of 239 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast