• No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 24 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion (READ FIRST POST)

It should be a sequel that happens at the same time a B/W, that would be so cool :D

Brendan/May are the "new Red"
    Walking pokémon return
    N and Wally are actually twins - Dun-Dun-Duuuuunn
    And please, give Pacifidlog a purpose, you can beat the whole game without even entering Pacifidlog.

Follow Chika on Tumblr

What will become of the Pokenav? In RSE, it had a Hoenn map, Match Call (Or Trainer's Eyes if you're playing RS), Ribbons, and Condition. Ribbons and Condition would most likely be moved onto the Pokemon pages themselves like in DPP since that's just a lot more user-friendly... but that just leaves a Hoenn map and Match Call, which is pretty much just a watered down version of a Pokegear.

Borrowing features from the C-gear... Xtransceiver would probably stay and trade, battle, and FC trade obviously would. Maybe feeling check for the heck of it, but I can see them leaving that out just to make it a bit different from the C-gear. Not like it's a feature that anyone really cares about. Due to the way Hoenn is structured, I can't really see Entralink working at all.

Instead of polls for the pass-by feature, it could be an auto-mix-record feature, so you could see the names and stories of people you passed by on TVs and see their secret bases. (+Battle them once you beat the Elite Four.) There'd be an option to turn auto-mix-record off if you didn't want people seeing your secret base or whatever for whatever reason, though.

Onto the main point I want to make with this-- Game Sync and the Dream World. By now, I'm going guess that most you know that despite all of the 5th gen Pokemon having Hidden Abilities (bar a few special cases like Archeops since it has a hindering ability), none of them have actually been released, and they most likely never will be for BW. This is probably because when encountered in-game after sending them from the Dream World, they use the overworld sprites from HGSS. The catch is that only a small handful of 5th gen Pokemon have received their overworld sprites. (All of the legends minus Genesect, Volcarona, Munna, Musharna, Patrat, Petilil, Cottonee, Minccino, Krookodile, Zorua, and Deerling. Darmanitan Zen Form, too, if you want to count that.) Just junk data? Possibly.

However, if walking sprites returned in the RSEmakes... (Which they SHOULD, because that was an awesome feature.) They'd have to make 5th gen overworld sprites anyways for the rest of them, which would clear any problems had with the sprites. Perhaps the DW can detect if it's a BW or RSEmake, so that it knows which Pokemon it should make available for capture there.

About Game Sync. A lot of you probably already know this, but there is a guy in the Devon Building that talks about how he was trying to see the dreams of Pokemon, but it hasn't been working for him. Well... we now have the Dream World. Since he works for Devon, it'd make perfect sense why Game Sync is available in the Pokenav. Maybe a new floor is added to the building to research dreams and he becomes the one in charge of that.

One problem is, though, where would you capture the Pokemon from the Dream World? At first I thought of changing the path in Artisan Cave in the Battle Frontier so it leads there instead of just back to the Frontier or just making a new island accessible entirely, but that would be pretty late game unless there's teleporting to it like in BW. However, BW had the Entralink, and with RSEmakes it would seem odd to make you be able to teleport there just to get your DW Pokes... So I thought that making some place accessible to the left or right of Petalburg Woods would seem the most logical. It's a forest, is accessible very early in the game, and it's right next to Rustboro, so the Devon scientists can do their research. Works out pretty well for me.

Back to mainly focusing on the Pokenav... it would probably have some major redesign. I mean, aside from a few similarities the GSC and HGSS Pokegears hardly look alike. I have somewhat of an idea for it that I may get around to sketching later...

Also, aside from features borrowed from the C-gear, unless you want to count auto-mixing-records, I can't really think of any entirely new features for it. xD

Edit: I can still see a possible way they can pull off the Rayquaza cutscene without it needing to be an Emerald remake. The plot goes on as it normally would've, then at the climax, you fetch Rayquaza, like in Emerald. Rayquaza comes to Sootopolis; cutscene happens. However, Archie/Maxie take full power with the orb to control Groudon/Kyogre, too much for Rayquaza to handle, in that it's only able to stop one legend-- the non-mascot of the version your playing. The ones that it's able to stop goes back to where it came from. The player character needs to calm Groudon/Kyogre down in order the save Hoenn, which would obviously be Groudon in the Ruby remake and Kyogre in the Sapphire one. This is where the player character is able to capture the version mascot.

This would of course be if they think Rayquaza's plot and/or the cutscene are important enough to add into the remakes. It is pretty iconic being the first ever cutscene in the main series during the plot, but then again, we all know what happened to the iconic first playable female character... Honestly, I feel it would just be a wasted opportunity if they DIDN'T somehow include the cutscene. Pretty much anyone that played Emerald would agree that that cutscene was beyond epic and seeing how cutscenes have VASTLY improved 500% in BW, I just can't imagine how stupid it would be to NOT have it.

/ramble ramble
    Last edited by Chika; 4th April 2011 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Cutscene

"We understand ideals like love and dreams
    But reality in front of your eyes isn't so easy."

Blog Entries

I hope they expand the Pokedex like they did in HGSS. I could see them adding some Pokemon like Dusknoir or Gallade since they are evolutions of Pokemon like Dusclop and Kirlia who are normally obtained in Ruby and Saphire.

They should change the location of some of the Pokemon too. I think Bagon should still be found in Meteor Falls but found on the first floor but have a very low chance of appearing.

I predict that the remakes will come after Black and White OR after Grey.

I personally would prefer sequels over remakes. HGSS was good but not great, and I think that seeing a ruined Hoenn would make a Hoenn-setting game more compelling. To be honest, I found more replay value in third versions like Emerald and Platinum than in HGSS.

Still, there's a difference between making another Emerald and a follow-up game. Although Emerald featured a combined plot and a new climax, it still had the same setting and such as Ruby/Sapphire. Wouldn't it be wicked to include the same Hoenn, yet vastly different?

Imagine a storyline similar to that of Pokemon Adventures's Yellow chapter -
    It has been several years since the calming of Groudon/Kyogre and the induction of Pokemon Trainer Brendan/May into the Hall of Fame. Recently, TV news stations have been reporting that figures such as Professor Birch, Steven Stone, Wallace and Champion Brendan/May have sudden gone missing. At the same time, seemingly cataclysmic natural disasters are occurring throughout Hoenn, with volcanic eruptions and earthquakes/floods and hurricanes rocking cities and towns. Initially you want to just get your 8 badges like any other trainer, but your new mission is to investigate the heart of this matter, find out if Team Magma/Aqua have a role in this trouble, and discover the true horrors being created by what seems to be the legendary weather Pokemon of Hoenn.

Many BW features hinting toward REmakeS are hint toward RSEquels just as well, maybe even more so. For instance, as BW is supposedly a couple years after Gen II/IV, it would only be sensible to make a new game contemporaneous with it. One thing I am really looking forward to is the appearance of huge, mountainous landscapes in the Ruby variant sequel and underwater towns in the Sapphire variant sequel, similar to how Black is more urban and White more rural. Although this could also apply for remakes, I could also see the presence of the C-Gear in BW as something that can easily be turned into a sub-function in the PokeNav, as well as the Xtransceiver overwriting the Match Call. Also, we just might get a way to obtain berries without having to enter the as-of-now-nonexistent-Dream World or from in-game Rangers.

So, consider this: Would you want an extended remake or a totally new sequel to one of the most acclaimed pair of Pokemon games out there? In game terms, would you want a FRLG or a GS in response to your RB?
    Last edited by PH1RESTRIKE; 9th April 2011 at 09:51 PM. Reason: added more points
    I return after a 2-year hiatus to get a warning on my sig. Thanks for the welcome back >_>

Follow Chika on Tumblr

As cool as a sequel would be, I honestly don't see Game Freak making one. Hoenn's been too outdated to the point where a lot of new kids in the Pokemon fandom don't even know it exists, and hence wouldn't be terribly interested in a plot that revolves around 8 year old games that came out before or just around the time they were born.

It would probably be safer to just pull another remake. People that played the original RS can come back to see the improvements while the younger fans (or that huge bunch that just skipped over RS) can fully and easily understand what's going on without any prior backstory. (Especially since unless the case of sibling handy-downs or just the need of a cheaper DS and the like, all of the younger kids are getting DSi/DSiXL/3DS's instead of the original/Lite.)

With GS, it was different. There was only one set of Pokemon games prior to it and if you played Pokemon at all before they came out, you knew all of Kanto's story. The time gap between RS and now would just be confusing to the younger ones since there's been three sets of game since Emerald came out-- DPP, HGSS, and BW.

I am really liking that mountainous Ruby and underwater Sapphire idea, though. Hopefully it won't be anything like the rushing of BW to be able to even use the version exclusive areas.

if they did make a remake they should include the pokeradar it was frustrating not being able to get generation 5 shinies easily
    Attention Everyone i have moved to serebii forums due to the fact tht the new forums are really slow so if I ever made a trade offer to you my name on serebii is juan8913 like always so just friend request me or PM/VM me Bye bulbagarden!

Follow Chika on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by juan8913 View Post
    if they did make a remake they should include the pokeradar it was frustrating not being able to get generation 5 shinies easily
    If it's any consolation, the Masuda Method in BW was increased to 6 times the normal odds. (It was only 4 times in 4th gen.)

Anyways, I kind of hope they give Cynthia a break.
    (Unsure if that needs spoilers, but better safe than sorry.)

Do you guys think that there'll be some sort of bundle in the RSEmakes? The original release of FRLG had the Wireless Adapters and HGSS had the Pokewalkers. The Wireless Adapters were an update of the Link Cable, the Pokewalkers were an update of the Pocket Pikachu GS, so the RSEmakes get... updated Battle e-Cards? That's really the only thing I can think of that would fit with what RS had. Assuming they're on the 3DS, maybe they could some how make use of the argumented reality and have cards for those. (I'm not really sure if I know where to stand on them being on the DS or 3DS yet though.)

Blog Entries

I just hope they make the remakes for DS, because I don't want to buy the 3DS. :P

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I just hope they make the remakes for DS, because I don't want to buy the 3DS. :P
    You'll have to eventually if you want to continue playing the latest Pokemon games. Nintendo will eventually move Pokemon on to the 3DS, and if you don't have one you'll be left behind.
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I'd guess that remakes would be on the 3DS.

Both Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl debuted on their consoles 2 years after their console's launch. The 3DS was launched this year, so I don't expect a 3DS Pokémon game to appear until 2013.

GameFreak wouldn't want a repeat of Generation V - having to struggle with making the games not seem too similar to the previous games due to being on the same console as them. That's why I think Gen V will stay on the Nintendo DS. When you then think about how the first main series Pokémon 3DS game is most likely due out in 2013, and the next main series Pokémon game is expected for 2012, it makes me think that we'll get the following rough timeline:

2012: BW Third Version (DS).
    2013: Gen VI Primary Pair (3DS).
    2014: R/S Remakes (3DS).

Blog Entries

Of course they will move and make pokémon games for 3DS, but probably only in Generation VI, don't you agree? R/S remakes would be part of the Generation V which started on DS and should end on DS, I guess.

Or do you think they will skip one Generation (GenV) without remaking R/S? Basically, what I meant was that I don't care about buying a 3DS to play Pokémon, but I prefer to let this to the supposed Generation VI.

The only way I can see for the remakes being released only for 3DS is being left for a new generation.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

People amaze me. We will have to buy the latest console sooner or later. You can't expect them to keep making games for an extremely outdated system. If such people had their way, we would still be getting Pokemon games for the freaking Gamr Boy in an age of the 3DS and other shit.

Follow Chika on Tumblr

I could see them using Pokemon's popularity to get people to buy the 3DS. You want new Pokemon games? Go buy our products so you can have the system play it on.

With split generations... it has happened before, to an extent. GS was intended to be played on a GBC, but it was still playable on an original GB. When Crystal came along, it was a GBC exclusive. If you kept onto your original GB, you were forced to upgrade if you wanted Crystal.

Maybe they'll pull another GS with us here on these RSEmakes. Still compatible with the original DS, but if you want some of the features it has for the best experience, you need to upgrade to the 3DS.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkipper View Post
    Maybe they'll pull another GS with us here on these RSEmakes. Still compatible with the original DS, but if you want some of the features it has for the best experience, you need to upgrade to the 3DS.
    This is what I meant, but I guess the other guy above misunderstood me.