152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 186 of 239 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Guys, we don't have to worry about the release date or whatever because that's up to GF and it's nothing we can do about. When they'll release it is their choice and whatever we yell about in the posts, who cares if RSE remakes are out in 2014 or 2015? It's going to be out if GF wants to release a remake of them, and this whole argument over "RSE remakes will be released in what-year because of 'marketing-stuffies-that-none-of-you-will-understand'" logic is turning out to be tiresome and stupid. We can worry about the release date when they actually announce a remake release - for now we're not even sure if they'll even make one.

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

I want Eevee and his evolutions return to Hoenn Dex in RS sequels or remakes.

Blog Entries

I want new rosters. Wattson could use a Zebstrika, and Norman an Audino. Steven Stone looks like Bisharp or Klinklang type of guy.
    Yato likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Incoming Mortar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    Screw it. Don't want it anymore. G6 engine is horrible.
    So you didn't enjoy playing through X and Y, huh?
    Are you a time traveler or did i miss something
    What? I thought you were the time traveler, since you otherwise seem to be so bent on calling the gen VI engine terrible without knowing anything about it.
    Yeah, I was over exaggerating. G6 engine is fine. Still want one last game in G5, tho.
    How can you tell that it's fine or that the G5 engine is better when the games do not even exist yet? D:
    Mortar uses Future Sight! It's not very effective...

I want new rosters. Wattson could use a Zebstrika, and Norman an Audino. Steven Stone looks like Bisharp or Klinklang type of guy.
    They would probably merge random Pokemon into the Hoenn Dex... Who knows what though.

...Thanks, now you have me fishing out a list, lol.

On top of all the original Pokemon in the Hoenn Pokedex, these are the obvious add-ons:

1. Gallade
    2. Probopass
    3. Magnezone
    4. Budew
    5. Roserade
    6. Dusknoir
    7. Chingling
    8. Rhyperior
    9. Froslass
    10. Regigigas

Nice add-ons would be:

-Eevee and all Eeveelutions

Not sure what else.

Wattson could use Magnezone and Jolteon.
    S.S. Shadow Minun likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Awesome. Steven Stone with Bisharp would totally rock. Since he's a Steel-type master, I want to have him a full team of STEEL-types only XDD The Hoenn Fossil duo weren't bad it's just that he's titled "Steel-type master" and only has three Steel-types in his team.

So maybe his team would have

Metagross
    Aggron
    Skarmory
    Bisharp
    Excadrill
    Klinklang, Escavalier, or Scizor. Maybe Empoleon to counter Fire-types.

This would be the team if he doesn't include the Hoenn Fossil duo XDD Though I don't know. Hope there are good Gen 6 Steel-types.

Random note, but I was really disappointed when they replaced his Skarmory with Archeops. Nothing wrong with that guy, but Steven specifically said that his favorite move was Steel Wing - and Skarmory is currently the only pokemon that can learn it by level up. And it literally has steel wings...

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by EmpoleonProd View Post
    They would probably merge random Pokemon into the Hoenn Dex... Who knows what though.

...Thanks, now you have me fishing out a list, lol.

On top of all the original Pokemon in the Hoenn Pokedex, these are the obvious add-ons:

1. Gallade
    2. Probopass
    3. Magnezone
    4. Budew
    5. Roserade
    6. Dusknoir
    7. Chingling
    8. Rhyperior
    9. Froslass
    10. Regigigas

Nice add-ons would be:

-Eevee and all Eeveelutions

Not sure what else.

Wattson could use Magnezone and Jolteon.
    Eevee and his evolutions are absent in Hoenn Dex. I would like to see them return in extended Hoenn Dex, as they returned to Unova in B2W2. Imagine Sylveon in Hoenn.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think they should go for BW2 style sequels instead of the straight remake like we've seen with FRLG and HGSS. Remakes can be just as repetitive as third versions, so they should reconsider how they handle that. Now they could apply this tactic to just about any game they wanted, but since this topic is apparently geared towards RS remakes, I'll just stick with that. Here's how I imagine they could handle this game (mainly from a design perspective):

-Hoenn Dex is expanded to about 250-300 Pokemon with a large variety of types, with most of the new Pokemon added being from 4th, 5th, and 6th gen. All next gen evolutions would be added to the Hoenn Dex, as well as Regigigas.
    -You start out as a new trainer in Littleroot Town. Brendan/May's family has moved out of their old house there and to Petalburg City.
    -Weather would have an affect on the overworld much like seasons did. Sun and rain can affect the water level and cause more Grass and Fire types and Water and Electric types to appear. Sandstorm will cause sand to pile up in some places, much like the leaves in Rt. 20 in BW2. And Hail would function exactly like Winter. Weather would be much more volatile, and follow weekly cycles that you can check through TV and/or the Pokenav.
    -The storyline path would be completely different, particularly in mid game. Here's a rough sketch of what it might be like (note, that I will assume that the gyms stay the same, but it is highly likely that some will move around like BW2):

I'm going to take a stab at the regional dex later.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I think they should go for BW2 style sequels instead of the straight remake like we've seen with FRLG and HGSS. Remakes can be just as repetitive as third versions, so they should reconsider how they handle that. Now they could apply this tactic to just about any game they wanted, but since this topic is apparently geared towards RS remakes, I'll just stick with that. Here's how I imagine they could handle this game (mainly from a design perspective):

-Hoenn Dex is expanded to about 250-300 Pokemon with a large variety of types, with most of the new Pokemon added being from 4th, 5th, and 6th gen. All next gen evolutions would be added to the Hoenn Dex, as well as Regigigas.
    -You start out as a new trainer in Littleroot Town. Brendan/May's family has moved out of their old house there and to Petalburg City.
    -Weather would have an affect on the overworld much like seasons did. Sun and rain can affect the water level and cause more Grass and Fire types and Water and Electric types to appear. Sandstorm will cause sand to pile up in some places, much like the leaves in Rt. 20 in BW2. And Hail would function exactly like Winter. Weather would be much more volatile, and follow weekly cycles that you can check through TV and/or the Pokenav.
    -The storyline path would be completely different, particularly in mid game. Here's a rough sketch of what it might be like (note, that I will assume that the gyms stay the same, but it is highly likely that some will move around like BW2):

I'm going to take a stab at the regional dex later.
    1. People would probably complain about making more remakes, like "makng mre remkes is tking awy da originl brite concpt f remkes cuz it mst be don 1ce!!11!!!!
    2. Rain could drive away Fire types from where they usually are, and you would have to go to a room between the trees, like the Hidden Grotto but bigger, and go to the grass there to find them, since they're hiding from the rain.
    3. Leaves don't pile up. Snow does.
    4. Electric types would probably be neutral to the weather.
    5. "Hail would function exactly like Winter" No. Just no. Maybe the snow could come down harder and you'd be forced to walk through deep snow, like Snowpoint City.
    6. A weather channel? Great idea!
    7. I like the plot. A little confusing, but I still like it.
    8. I like the rest of your ideas.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poko907 View Post
    People would probably complain about making more remakes, like "makng mre remkes is tking awy da originl brite concpt f remkes cuz it mst be don 1ce!!11!!!!
    And that line of thinking would be baseless. Sequel remakes can allow them to expand on the regions and add new content, so you wouldn't be taking away from anything, you'd be adding onto older games that could use such improvements.

Rain could drive away Fire types from where they usually are, and you would have to go to a room between the trees, like the Hidden Grotto but bigger, and go to the grass there to find them, since they're hiding from the rain.
    I should've clarified this, Grass and Fire types would be more common in the sun and Water and Electric types would be more common in the rain.

"Hail would function exactly like Winter" No. Just no. Maybe the snow could come down harder and you'd be forced to walk through deep snow, like Snowpoint City.
    Er, what exactly do you find wrong with Winter? Aside from its length, I think even one month is too long for seasons to last. Aside from that, I think it was a good idea, it adds a new level of depth to the routes that are affected by it.

A weather channel? Great idea!
    I don't really see much of a point in having one if weather doesn't affect the overworld in some significant way. Right now, it's mainly aesthetic.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 1st May 2013 at 07:42 PM.

If only because I'm OCD, I'd like Kanto and Hoenn to be made in beautiful graphics with all the new game mechanics (ie phys/spec split being move not type based), TMs, weather and pokemon etc just to bring them up to date with the other games.

I'd like it to happen for Kanto because Kanto was my first ever region, so holds a lot of nostalgia for me. And I didn't love Hoenn first time 'round, so I'd like to give it a second chance.

Tbh I'd have been happy enough for Hoenn remakes in the 5th gen. I'd have flailed with uber fangirl joy. But now, the thought of them being remade in 3d? I'mma go into a happiness coma if that news is ever confirmed.
    Dread Advocate and Yato like this.

I breed egg move pokes & DW females.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LadySasaki View Post
    If only because I'm OCD, I'd like Kanto and Hoenn to be made in beautiful graphics with all the new game mechanics (ie phys/spec split being move not type based), TMs, weather and pokemon etc just to bring them up to date with the other games.

I'd like it to happen for Kanto because Kanto was my first ever region, so holds a lot of nostalgia for me. And I didn't love Hoenn first time 'round, so I'd like to give it a second chance.

Tbh I'd have been happy enough for Hoenn remakes in the 5th gen. I'd have flailed with uber fangirl joy. But now, the thought of them being remade in 3d? I'mma go into a happiness coma if that news is ever confirmed.
    YES!! Kanto+Hoenn=AWESOME.
    What I was thinking, which I find a cool idea, is that they should make RS remakes and then make a Pokemon YELLOW remake (don't know if it's been mentioned before.) Possible because 2016 will be the 20th Anniversary for Pokemon, and I expect them to do something special for it, like a special game. (Even though the tenth anniversary wasn't so special...)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixon View Post
    What I was thinking, which I find a cool idea, is that they should make RS remakes and then make a Pokemon YELLOW remake (don't know if it's been mentioned before.)
    Remaking Yellow is kind of pointless, we already had FRLG, a Yellow remake would basically be the same as that except with Pikachu (and maybe every other Pokemon) following you and slightly altered distribution. Again, I think going the sequel route is better because it has the potential to bring even more much needed improvements to the region. And Kanto is a region that could sure use some, I think expanding the region to Hoenn/Sinnoh standards and adding in a bunch of Pokemon to make the Kanto Dex more balanced could be a worthwhile endeavor, it would really do a lot to make Kanto feel more modern.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

It HAS to be Hoenn.

Imagine all the nature, the underwater routes, the WEATHER CRISIS - IN 3D

Actual Drought and Drizzle effect in 3D? Kyogre emerging in and out of the sea, causing floods? Groudon drying up plants wherever he steps on? Some of the routes might even change - one moment you're surfing on a route and suddenly it all dries up and you walk on it?

What other game could possibly bring out the full potential of the awesoneness of 3D?? Hoenn is the BEST

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixon View Post
    What I was thinking, which I find a cool idea, is that they should make RS remakes and then make a Pokemon YELLOW remake (don't know if it's been mentioned before.)
    Remaking Yellow is kind of pointless, we already had FRLG, a Yellow remake would basically be the same as that except with Pikachu (and maybe every other Pokemon) following you and slightly altered distribution. Again, I think going the sequel route is better because it has the potential to bring even more much needed improvements to the region. And Kanto is a region that could sure use some, I think expanding the region to Hoenn/Sinnoh standards and adding in a bunch of Pokemon to make the Kanto Dex more balanced could be a worthwhile endeavor, it would really do a lot to make Kanto feel more modern.
    That is true.. but anyway, the only reason I wanted it to be Yellow specifically is because you get all three starters. I'd be fine with a sequel in Kanto too, but I still want all three starters like in Yellow.