152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 185 of 239 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post

I agree that it would be too soon, but I'm not sure if R/S would have that much of a negative impact on the sales for X/Y. There would probably be a whole year gap if they did release the games in 2014, but I think that Nintendo and Game Freak would want to keep the focus on the new generation for a bit longer, especially if the sixth generation is going to last longer than the fifth generation did.
    They would, because XY would stop being "the latest games" too soon. For good and bad, in the bussiness, if you're not hot news, you're old stuff and don't sell as much. I'm not sayingg I support that, but that's how the industry works.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper View Post
    They would, because XY would stop being "the latest games" too soon. For good and bad, in the bussiness, if you're not hot news, you're old stuff and don't sell as much. I'm not sayingg I support that, but that's how the industry works.
    It's true that X/Y wouldn't be the latest games anymore and that might be too soon, but I don't think it would significantly damage the sales for X/Y since I thought that the new generations tend to sell more than the remakes. In any case, I don't see R/S remakes happening next year just because it would be too soon for another batch of main series games a year after X/Y come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper View Post
    It's true that X/Y wouldn't be the latest games anymore and that might be too soon, but I don't think it would significantly damage the sales for X/Y since I thought that the new generations tend to sell more than the remakes. In any case, I don't see R/S remakes happening next year just because it would be too soon for another batch of main series games a year after X/Y come out.
    Platinum still sold plenty for another year after Hg/Ss until B/W were announced, you're right. R/S had the best sales, Fr/Lg had the next best, same goes for D/P and Hg/Ss.

Now for my thoughts: The games should be sequels, taking place a long time after Ruby and Sapphire. I'm going to take a second to calculate that... R/S is with Fr/Lg on the game's timeline, so Ss/Hg/D/P/Pl is 3 years ahead. B/W is like 5-6 years ahead, and B2/W2 is another 2 years, so 11 years... Wow, that would bring A LOT of changes, obviously it would be in full 3D like X and Y, would have seasons, day and night, everything you would expect from a DS Pokemon game.

The Pokedex would be the same one, but with all pre-evolutions and evolutions added in that were made in Gen IV and after. I.e. Rhyperior, Budew, Roserade, etc. Any addition to an evolution line of a Pokemon in R/S/E should be added, including any made in Gen VI for X and Y.

Some things would have to change, like areas becoming bigger/smaller like Mt. Moon breaking down from Fr/Lg to Hg/Ss, random things like that. Character replacements, maybe Gym Leader replacements, etc. Also! If we're playing sequels, the player characters Brendan and May should be characters you meet throughout the game, May being a contest star, and Brendan being the Champion. I want the contests to be more of an anime-like style, with a tourney tree with battles that are instead scored by how the move performs, instead of the damage done, May could be the final person you compete against, and likewise they should make the Pokemon League an actual tournament that takes place, also like in the anime, after finding your way through Victory Road, a 32 or 64 person tournament including some known characters like rivals, unselected player-character, etc. If you win the tournament, Brendan will be waiting as the Champion. Steven could either be absent, a DLC character, or a post-game trainer again. If they want, they could add in a Gen VI version of the PWT, so you can battle anybody who might be replaced.

Like B2/W2, sequels should also include at least a couple new towns, I actually spotted some nice areas on the Hoenn Map, inbetween Rustboro, Lavaridge, and Fallabor, there is some decent space that could be used for a new city for the player to live in, akin to Aspertia City, now it isn't even a bad area for starting out because it's close to the 1st and 4th Gyms, the order you battle the gyms could be tweaked a bit, to accommodate for the new city. Another good location is that huge island southeast of Mauville, but northeast of Slateport, you could make a Humilau Town-ish location, that is accessible by a Tubeline bridge or by ship, either way.

Sequels should also keep the Emerald bits of the plot, like both Legendaries appearing, Battle Frontier, etc. Like Hg/Ss kept Crystal events in the game, like the roaming Suicune.

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by EmpoleonProd View Post
    Now for my thoughts: The games should be sequels, taking place a long time after Ruby and Sapphire. I'm going to take a second to calculate that... R/S is with Fr/Lg on the game's timeline, so Ss/Hg/D/P/Pl is 3 years ahead. B/W is like 5-6 years ahead, and B2/W2 is another 2 years, so 11 years... Wow, that would bring A LOT of changes, obviously it would be in full 3D like X and Y, would have seasons, day and night, everything you would expect from a DS Pokemon game.
    I like the idea of remake sequels to the RSE. Konami done the similar treatment to the Road Fighter game with many graphical and feature improvements, so Game Freak will follow the steps of remaking the RSE as a sequel to the original story. Yes, since B2W2, I'm hoping for the remake sequels instead of just remake for the RSE.

The Pokedex would be the same one, but with all pre-evolutions and evolutions added in that were made in Gen IV and after. I.e. Rhyperior, Budew, Roserade, etc. Any addition to an evolution line of a Pokemon in R/S/E should be added, including any made in Gen VI for X and Y.
    Personally, I would like Eevee return to Hoenn Dex since his absence. Eevee was absent in Hoenn Dex due to no Eeveelutions introduced in Gen III, and his "rival", Pikachu, continues appearing in every PokéDex until being entirely absent in Unova Dex (where Eevee was included). I'm hoping Eevee, along with his evolutions(including Gen VI ones), making a return to Hoenn Dex.

Some things would have to change, like areas becoming bigger/smaller like Mt. Moon breaking down from Fr/Lg to Hg/Ss, random things like that. Character replacements, maybe Gym Leader replacements, etc. Also! If we're playing sequels, the player characters Brendan and May should be characters you meet throughout the game, May being a contest star, and Brendan being the Champion. I want the contests to be more of an anime-like style, with a tourney tree with battles that are instead scored by how the move performs, instead of the damage done, May could be the final person you compete against, and likewise they should make the Pokemon League an actual tournament that takes place, also like in the anime, after finding your way through Victory Road, a 32 or 64 person tournament including some known characters like rivals, unselected player-character, etc. If you win the tournament, Brendan will be waiting as the Champion. Steven could either be absent, a DLC character, or a post-game trainer again. If they want, they could add in a Gen VI version of the PWT, so you can battle anybody who might be replaced.

Like B2/W2, sequels should also include at least a couple new towns, I actually spotted some nice areas on the Hoenn Map, inbetween Rustboro, Lavaridge, and Fallabor, there is some decent space that could be used for a new city for the player to live in, akin to Aspertia City, now it isn't even a bad area for starting out because it's close to the 1st and 4th Gyms, the order you battle the gyms could be tweaked a bit, to accommodate for the new city. Another good location is that huge island southeast of Mauville, but northeast of Slateport, you could make a Humilau Town-ish location, that is accessible by a Tubeline bridge or by ship, either way.

Sequels should also keep the Emerald bits of the plot, like both Legendaries appearing, Battle Frontier, etc. Like Hg/Ss kept Crystal events in the game, like the roaming Suicune.
    Nice idea. Hoping Game Freak do this way.

The 'unShiny' Umbreon! unShinyUmbreon's Avatar

To start off I love Sapphire and Ruby versions. The setting was nice and tropical, the storyline was great, and the pokemon were awesome! (Still are).
    I most recently found my old GBA versions of them along with Emerald. I've been playing all of them!
    Now if they remake them, I'd be VERY happy. Although, I hope they change up the look of the towns to be something maybe bigger and more "brought out". And if they're only doing S/R then I would definately like to see the frontier again, but with the battle area's having just the frontier brains, almost like a gym just without access trainers. That's just my opinion though.
    Team Sylveon! Team Fairy!

Blog Entries

PLEASE use the G5 engine. I'm not that fond of the G6 one, and I don't want the G5 one to go yet...

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Incoming Mortar View Post
    PLEASE use the G5 engine. I'm not that fond of the G6 one, and I don't want the G5 one to go yet...
    Why would they use the Gen 5 engine on the 3DS? It would make more sense to use Gen 6's engine as that would be the current Gen.
    Charazemma likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ninfia View Post
    Why would they use the Gen 5 engine on the 3DS? It would make more sense to use Gen 6's engine as that would be the current Gen.
    Screw it. Don't want it anymore. G6 engine is horrible.

Blog Entries

So you didn't enjoy playing through X and Y, huh?

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Gen 6 isn't even out yet. All we have is a few Pokemon and a two minute trailer. Nobody can make judgements about the graphics, mechanics, or anything yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    Are you a time traveler or did i miss something

Blog Entries

What? I thought you were the time traveler, since you otherwise seem to be so bent on calling the gen VI engine terrible without knowing anything about it.

Blog Entries

What? I thought you were the time traveler, since you otherwise seem to be so bent on calling the gen VI engine terrible without knowing anything about it.
    Yeah, I was over exaggerating. G6 engine is fine. Still want one last game in G5, tho.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I was over exaggerating. G6 engine is fine. Still want one last game in G5, tho.
    How can you tell that it's fine or that the G5 engine is better when the games do not even exist yet? D:
    Owain and sonic10158 like this.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Okay, listening to the RSE soundtrack again, and I'm starting to think a remake of the best gen might not be the best idea ever. I think I know now how those gen 2 purists felt. I mean sure the story will expand, and perhaps even make some more sense, but the feel of the game will be.....off. Tinny trumpets lended such a hand to giving it a certain feel, that their absence just won't feel right. Not to mention, if HGSS are anything to go by, the more grandiose songs might not be executed to the right tone. Worse would be a GBA player's existence, cause the knowledge of obtaining such at a late point might drive me mad. D:
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....