152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 184 of 239 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    Um, it still is the 10th anniversary of Pokémon Emerald
    I'm contesting the distortion of facts that you asserted, claiming it was the 10th anniversary of Gen III, which was incorrect. Your admittance that "it's still Emerald's 10th anniversary" does you no favour. I'm not denying it's the 10th anniversary of Emerald am I, as opposed to you, who claimed it to be the 10th anniversary of Gen III in your original post. So I see no reason in you reminding me of this fact that was not only stated in your post, but in mine.

I'm also not contesting the idea that Game Freak can release RSEmakes at any point (which again, was mentioned in my post), so why you bother repeating that Game Freak can do whatever they want does not make any sense either. Saying "If Game Freak wants, they can release the games at some indeterminate point in the future" doesn't actually help your point either, especially when that very same logic can be reversed as "If Game Freak wants, they can release it never". So yes, I can never understand why people bother pointing out that fact as if its their saving grace.

Also wondering why speculation of a game we do not know will exist is in the Pokemon XY forum and not in the general Videogames forum where it should be, @Joshawott. The remake discussion wasn't even in the BW or BW2 forum before it merged with the video games forum.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 12th January 2013 at 01:30 PM.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Te 10th Anniversery of Emerald is a good time to release it considering the games will probably include things from Emerald such as the Battle Frontier. They probably never planned on releasing RS remakes on Gen 3's true 10th anniversery considering that Gen 6 was in the works( though RS remakes could very well be being developed at this time as well) and they needed to be working on it to release on the 3DS, though it would have been a nice time to release them otherwise. Personally the best scenario now is for the remakes to be released around Emerald's 10th anniversery in 2014.
    Tsutarja likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    I'm contesting the distortion of facts that you asserted, claiming it was the 10th anniversary of Gen III, which was incorrect. Your admittance that "it's still Emerald's 10th anniversary" does you no favour. I'm not denying it's the 10th anniversary of Emerald am I, as opposed to you, who claimed it to be the 10th anniversary of Gen III in your original post. So I see no reason in you reminding me of this fact that was not only stated in your post, but in mine.
    So, I was wrong. What am I even supposed to say here?

I'm also not contesting the idea that Game Freak can release RSEmakes at any point (which again, was mentioned in my post), so why you bother repeating that Game Freak can do whatever they want does not make any sense either. Saying "If Game Freak wants, they can release the games at some indeterminate point in the future" doesn't actually help your point either, especially when that very same logic can be reversed as "If Game Freak wants, they can release it never". So yes, I can never understand why people bother pointing out that fact as if its their saving grace.
    Because that fact is true. And I have no idea why GF would go against releasing RSEmakes when they know they will make money with it, especially given the 3D setting which would do wonders with Hoenn. I'm only saying, 2014 is the best possible time to release the remakes because it's the tenth anniversary of Emerald, the final main game that is closely tied to gen 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    Te 10th Anniversery of Emerald is a good time to release it considering the games will probably include things from Emerald such as the Battle Frontier. They probably never planned on releasing RS remakes on Gen 3's true 10th anniversery considering that Gen 6 was in the works( though RS remakes could very well be being developed at this time as well) and they needed to be working on it to release on the 3DS, though it would have been a nice time to release them otherwise. Personally the best scenario now is for the remakes to be released around Emerald's 10th anniversery in 2014.
    Yes, I fully agree with you. That's what I was saying, 2014 is the best year for the remakes.

"50 HP has been restored" Fresh Water's Avatar

Never got immersed into Hoenn too much, so a remake might freshen things up a bit (especially in 3D; the cool weather-related effects). Fingers crossed for a remake in 2014!

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Also wondering why speculation of a game we do not know will exist is in the Pokemon XY forum and not in the general Videogames forum where it should be, @Joshawott. The remake discussion wasn't even in the BW or BW2 forum before it merged with the video games forum.
    Back when we were moving threads from the VG forum to the XY Forum following the announcement, it was decided that as any possible future remakes would take place in Gen VI until we know otherwise, that it be moved to the place where Gen VI is being discussed.
    Also because the RS Fanboys will come to the XY Forum to bitch about how the announcement wasn't remakes.

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion *READ FIRST POST*

I'd be fine with Hoenn games this gen, now that the game has progressed enough to make changes or updates more apparent. This is dependent, however, on new evos for a lot of the lackluster non-evolving Gen III Pokemon.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

I'm not against the idea of more remakes (although, personally I will probably pass on them since RSE are my least favorite games); however, I don't get why so many people claim to know for sure that such games will be released in 2014 or that 2014 is the best year to release them, when we've clearly seen that since Gen III, the year following generations debut we don't get new games. I'm aware that patterns can be broken (and that, for starters, most of these so-called pattern aren't even real, just us seeing things when there's none), but this is one of the patterns I do like to keep. And here's why:

Given that every generation debuts with a pair of new games games (new region, new Pokémon, new story, et al), and -with the exception of Gen V's B2W2- said pair is the only NEW game for that generation, it is obvious and logical that such pair (and their third version to an extent) is the game the generation is identified to. When we speak of Gen III we think 'Hoenn' or 'RSE', not 'FRLG' or 'Kanto again', when we speak of Gen IV we inmediatly assume we're refering to the Sinnoh story and so on. With this in mind, its logical and natural that in the future, Gen VI will be tied to XY. Because of this, since the original pair is the one that defines the Generation, it's the one game that preserves, so it's given more time to shine on its own and that's why we always get the next relase (remakes, sequels or third version) until 2 years after the original pair's debut. How much would XY would shine if only a few months after its release, RSE remakes are announced and released only a year after the Generation's debut? That would not be fair, neither for the original pair nor for the Generation as a whole.

So no, I don't want RSE remakes to overshadow XY by being released in 2014. The guys at Game Freak know what they do and there's a reason why they never release main series games the year after that of the generation's debut and I hope and expect them to keep this tradition. No RSE remakes until 2015 please, no matter how awesome they may be.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

Remakes are most likely going to get a release in 2015, I can't see them releasing X & Y near the end of 2013 and then a few months later go on to reveal RS Remakes, as the above said it would overshadow X & Y which would kill sales.

If they leave it for a year without any major announcement as they have done in the past, that allows sales of X & Y so sky rocket, maybe a couple of spin-offs as per and then by the end of 2014 or early 2015 build up to the next major announcement as they did for X & Y which will most likely either be Remakes or something else.
    VeggiePopper likes this.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I don't know if R/S remakes would overshadow X/Y since I imagine more people would be more interested in brand new Pokemon over an upgraded version of a previous game, but I don't see a 2014 release for the games either. It would just be a bit too soon after X/Y and they might want to focus more on the new Pokemon from that game before jumping into remakes, which is why I think a 2015 might be more likely to happen.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

The release date is up to GF, not something we can worry about.

LOL just thinking about how the Weather Trio arc would look like on 3D is getting me excited all over again. Kyogre causing floods everywhere and Groudon causing droughts everywhere! The cities around Sootopolis would have direct effects and the graphics would make it totally EPIC. I really want to see the weather crisis on 3D

looking forward to RSE remakes than XY? XDD

Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Blog Entries

I'd like to see RSE remakes no earlier than 2 years after XY (so 2015). I really don't want Pokemon to become a franchise that releases a main game every year. I feel that B2W2 wasn't really given a chance to age/mature before XY was announced.
    VeggiePopper and Cabecote like this.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I don't know if R/S remakes would overshadow X/Y since I imagine more people would be more interested in brand new Pokemon over an upgraded version of a previous game, but I don't see a 2014 release for the games either. It would just be a bit too soon after X/Y and they might want to focus more on the new Pokemon from that game before jumping into remakes, which is why I think a 2015 might be more likely to happen.
    Actually, you said the same as me: that 2014 would be too soon and that we want to focus on XY and the new Pokémon, and that's EXACTLY why a 2014 release for the remakes would oveershadow XY: since it would be too soon, it wouldn't allow the games to grow on us, plus it would bring focus back to the old Pokémon, again, before the new Pokémon grow on us.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper View Post
    Actually, you said the same as me: that 2014 would be too soon and that we want to focus on XY and the new Pokémon, and that's EXACTLY why a 2014 release for the remakes would oveershadow XY: since it would be too soon, it wouldn't allow the games to grow on us, plus it would bring focus back to the old Pokémon, again, before the new Pokémon grow on us.
    I agree that it would be too soon, but I'm not sure if R/S would have that much of a negative impact on the sales for X/Y. There would probably be a whole year gap if they did release the games in 2014, but I think that Nintendo and Game Freak would want to keep the focus on the new generation for a bit longer, especially if the sixth generation is going to last longer than the fifth generation did.

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Time difference between the release of October 2013 (XY release) and December 2014 are too short for releasing RS remakes, so RS remakes (I refer them to as Ruby 2 and Sapphire 2, or R2S2) will not coming until 2016 or 2017. Somebody says that's too late, but this could be good enough for R2S2. After XY, we should focus on 3rd version or sequels instead of RS remakes, as XY already have many old Pokémon included. The 3rd version will not ready until 2015, and R2S2 will be delayed until 2016 or 2017. And DS lifespan will come to its 10th year in 2014 (the end of DS?), 2017 could not be too late for 3DS lifespan (6 years).

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

I think they'll be released in mid 2015, but I wouldn't rule out december 2014 yet.

Anyway, that doesn't matter, what matter is, HOENN IN 3D!
    kingdragon33 and Yato like this.