152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 181 of 239 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Visit szmty's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Maybe - JUST MAYBE - they could remake the Hoenn region as the first Generation 6 games? It's not entirely impossible. We don't need to go through all that Aqua vs Magma storyline, and we don't need to have the same starters, characters, facilities etc as exactly as they were previously. The Hoenn region could be based years after the RSE plot, with new player characters. Brendan and May could be later battle-able like Red in post-game.

Some of the gym leaders will still be gym leaders, others could retire - like Wattson who was fairly old in the RSE games. Some of the cities or towns could have undergone changes - like Mt. Chimney exploded or Sootopolis got submerged. Fortree could have prospered into a forest maze.

As for the E4, I guess none of them would need replacing (Drake could still be there as the formidable elder). However, I'm still not sure who should be the Champion. Maybe Wally COULD be the champion. Steven could be the CEO of Devon who travels around the region a lot (and showers you with Devon products everywhere), and Wallace could be the Contest Judge or something (if they ever bring back Contests).

Just my thinking
    You've got a very, very good point there. Everyone gets pleased. New generation AND back to Hoenn!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Maybe - JUST MAYBE - they could remake the Hoenn region as the first Generation 6 games?
    The first games for the 3DS will not be remakes.
    XDD they only revealed there's going to be a new pokemon game for 3DS - they haven't revealed if it's going to be the main series or not. Also, they could stick with the DS for one more year.
    You really think all this hype would be put towards a spinoff? And the DS is deader than disco by now. They're *not* going to be making any new games for it.
    sonic10158 likes this.

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

Maybe - JUST MAYBE - they could remake the Hoenn region as the first Generation 6 games?
    XDD they only revealed there's going to be a new pokemon game for 3DS - they haven't revealed if it's going to be the main series or not. Also, they could stick with the DS for one more year.
    You really think all this hype would be put towards a spinoff? And the DS is deader than disco by now. They're *not* going to be making any new games for it.
    all this hype is self inflicted, it could easily be a "spin off" i agree wth making gen 6 the remakes but only if the hoenn section actually gets a story line. Gen 3 was the best gen IMO for games (at that time obvs) pokemon designs and the anime so why not make a massive game with 2 regions i bet everyone would love it, but of course unlike SS/HG the story continues when you go to the next region it would be the longest and best story in a pokemon game EVER.

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

How could it be a spin off if Game Freak had to do with some of the announcing. Heck it could be their first ever spin off by game freak but that doesn't seem worthy of being announced worldwide.

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post
    How could it be a spin off if Game Freak had to do with some of the announcing. Heck it could be their first ever spin off by game freak but that doesn't seem worthy of being announced worldwide.
    Not only that, but it could also be another crossover project like Pokemon Conquest.

Nobody works for Game Freak here, and even if somebody did, they wouldn't be blabbing around such important details. We don't know anything - nobody's sure of anything. We're all speculating and merely expecting things. There's no guarantee that any of our speculations would come true. Nothing might happen.

But in the same sense, anything could happen. For me, I'd really love it if the announce the Hoenn region as the first Gen6 games. It could happen - it might not happen. It's my speculation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyVenomoth View Post
    all this hype is self inflicted, it could easily be a "spin off"
    Self-inflicted? There's a message telling us to look forward to major news on basically every language's version of Pokemon.com. They'd never do that for a spinoff- if nothing else, the gap between the japanese release and the localization would be long enough that multiple-language simultaneous countdowns would be stupid.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyVenomoth View Post
    all this hype is self inflicted, it could easily be a "spin off"
    Self-inflicted? There's a message telling us to look forward to major news on basically every language's version of Pokemon.com. They'd never do that for a spinoff- if nothing else, the gap between the japanese release and the localization would be long enough that multiple-language simultaneous countdowns would be stupid.
    Did you just not read what I posted?

There's no guarantee that any of our speculations would come true.
    So there's no reason to say "That won't happen in a million years" to speculations. I can be wrong, you can be wrong, heck everyone's speculation could be wrong and GF could announce something entirely unexpected. There's no need to tell someone their speculation is wrong - because speculations are mere expectations in the first place and there's no right and wrong in the act of guessing.

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

From the amount of advertising they're doing for this announcement, it seems like more than just a spin-off and I think Game Freak know that fans would be disappointed if they made such a big deal to even create a 4-day countdown just to result in a spin-off that half of the audience wouldn't even play.
    Dread Advocate likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

More guesses: they could have developed the Hoenn remakes for Wii.

Nobody knows for sure what might happen

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

I highly doubt that would be put on a home console

though it would be slightly more likely to be on the Wii U, since it's the new system. Game Freak can't stay in the past and stick to dead systems forever afterall

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post

I highly doubt that would be put on a home console

though it would be slightly more likely to be on the Wii U, since it's the new system. Game Freak can't stay in the past and stick to dead systems forever afterall
    Part of the reason why Generation 1 sold well was because the consumers couldn't afford the expensive "new" consoles, so they chose Pokemon since it was released for the "old" consoles most of them already had. The 3DS is still expensive to many people, and most pokemon fans would already have a DS since Gen4, so they could still release the Hoenn remakes or Gen6 on the DS

El_
    Blog Entries

Hoenn remakes or Gen6 on the DS
    Oh no they couldn't, unless they suddenly want to shoot themselves in the foot. We've already had two Gens on the same console and I highly doubt that will be repeated with a third, seriously thats just ridiculous.

Gen 1 sold so well because it was Pokemon's very first steps into the world, it can't be compared really. It was innovative in its own way hence why it set the standard for today. Do what any regular person does: Save up money and buy one later. This excuse that people are too lazy to go out and buy another handheld needs to stop, it really does. You people must have avoided the Gameboy Advanced & Nintendo DS as well, since most people back in the day had a Gameboy Color you must have figured Pokemon would always stay there...

On the topic of remakes, I dunno why anyone would want RS remakes on the DS. BW2 pushed the graphics for Pokemon on the DS to the limit so not much else can be done. I'd much rather have remakes after Gen 6 debuts, like around 2015 likely. Would look far better on the 3DS, and theres the chance that a few Hoenn Pokemon might get Evolutions themselves in Gen 6.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Hoenn remakes or Gen6 on the DS
    Oh no they couldn't, unless they suddenly want to shoot themselves in the foot. We've already had two Gens on the same console and I highly doubt that will be repeated with a third, seriously thats just ridiculous.

Gen 1 sold so well because it was Pokemon's very first steps into the world, it can't be compared really. It was innovative in its own way hence why it set the standard for today. Do what any regular person does: Save up money and buy one later. This excuse that people are too lazy to go out and buy another handheld needs to stop, it really does. You people must have avoided the Gameboy Advanced & Nintendo DS as well, since most people back in the day had a Gameboy Color you must have figured Pokemon would always stay there...
    First of all - no. I fully know the advanced technology, and I won't be surprised if Nintendo is developing yet another new console that'll be released some ten years later or so. Softwares would definitely be updated, and of course we know Pokemon would do so as well. We're not living in the 60s or something.

Second, that backstory of Generation 1 is pretty true. I said being compatible for "old consoles" was the partial reason why Pokemon sold well, not the main reason. If you're skeptical, look it up yourself.

Third, you're speaking as if people who don't save money are lazy, and people who can save money and buy what they want are regular people. Hey, even regular people can't always get what they want no matter how thrifty they are. Everyone has their own problems with money, and not every single pokemon fan can afford every single console Nintendo is planning to release in the future.

This is getting off topic. At least we'll know tomorrow what Game Freak had been hiding all this time. But really, I don't think Hoenn remakes are bad at all, and the DS isn't THAT outdated so that they can't release a new game for it. Until tomorrow, all of our guess are just... guesses.

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

I think they would use the 3DS before moving onto the Wii U for several reasons.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

the DS isn't THAT outdated so that they can't release a new game for it. Until tomorrow, all of our guess are just... guesses.
    Remember who is holding the Direct, it's Iwata (well, probably Masuda as well). Now tell me, is sounds rather odd that the man that wants Gamefreak over to the 3DS is holding a conference for new DS games for one of their most popular franchises in 2013. If that sounds like a reasonable guess, then please do elaborate on it, because I certainly can't wrap my head around it.
    sonic10158 and El_ like this.