152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 178 of 239 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimchikid View Post
    They might have to change the typing chart (poison/water)
    ... Why? There's no reason for them to up and change the type chart when it's been steady since gen II. There's also no reason for them to move RS remakes into a new generation just so they could change it- they could easily just hold off on it until gen VI.

Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

I think I'd prefer remakes over sequels/prequels. They wouldn't be able to really do a Memory Link-styled thing with the originals if they did a sequel as well as they did it with B2W2, especially if the games were ported over to 3DS. Besides, I think part of the point of remakes is to be able to get previous-generation Pokemon onto the current game (like with FRLG and HGSS), and since the GBA and DS are quickly becoming more and more obsolete, it would just be more intelligent to do a remake. At least, that's just my opinion.
    Hidden Mew likes this.
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Tumblr | Twitter | Playthrough Blog

Fennekindle ==> RainbowSylveon

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Id honestly rather have a remake of Hoenn. I can't really see how there would be a sequel of those games since the story is finished when you complete the games and nothing is really open ended like in BW. I prefer Hoenn how it was in RSE and would be fine with just a remake.

Add Chiss on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper View Post
    They might have to change the typing chart (poison/water), and to do that they'd have to stop battles between the two games.

Another thing to consider- Who said they have to be sequels? Why not prequels?
    Ex. You go out as a young trainer (maybe like young Norman) and are all cool. Then you battle team rocket, but near the end of the game they split into two opposing factions and escape into the shadows. (Magma and Aqua)
    It would also give us a chance to see Flannery's predecessor, a different elite four, and maybe even some pokemon made extinct by the time of Ruby/Sapphire.
    No. Just no.

First of all, if you played the originals, you'd know already that Norman and his family lived in Johto prior to the events of the games, so you wouldn't be able to travel through the Hoenn region as him. Second, why Team Rocket? Why not an original Team? Linking Team Rocket with Teams Plasma and Aqua the way you did is just ridiculous, if you consider that Team Rocket can't disband nor split before the events of those games, since they happen at the same time as FRLG and by that time, TR is still around as one Team (and even when they disband at the end of HGSS, they don't split, they truly disband once and for all). I wouldn't mind a prequel to any of the already existing games, but not the way that you suggest, your ideas simply don't work.
    You're right. Hmm.... an original villainous team splitting would be better.
    I did play the originals multiple times, and from my experience Norman's family moved there while he was at the gym already. Even if he did live in Johto, that doesn't rule out that he might have lived in Hoenn before he moved to Johto.
    But still, Norman was just a name I threw out there. You could be Steven Stone or even Archie/Max depending on the version! Heeeeeeey...... >:D

Oh and @YamiiDenryuu take a look at this: Summarizing the opinions on the Poison type against the Water type
    VeggiePopper likes this.

Blog Entries

Because Gamefreak is going to be basing major franchise decisions on a random thread on some fan forum, right? :/

Anyway, how about this: Instead of a sequel or remakes, we have an entirely new story in the Hoenn region. It can reference the story from the original three games, but less than sequels would, so you don't need to be familiar with the original games and there's no need for a Memory Link type thing.

Add Chiss on Facebook

What I meant was that was showing points on why they might do it, not that that would persuade them to do it.

Egh, I don't think that would be a good idea. All the nostalgia factor would go away. (Plus, if it were prequels then they wouldn't have to do memory link either.)

It would be nice to not only see Sinnoh evolutions, but just regular Sinnoh Pokemon. I can imagine having a Toxicroak on my team...

With the combination of B2/W2 and the Dream Radar... there are some missing legendary Pokemon (not including events) Maybe we will see them in the next set of games.

I
    Mewtwo
    Legendary Birds

II
    Legendary Beasts

III
    Weather Trio

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by epic_tepig View Post
    It would be nice to not only see Sinnoh evolutions, but just regular Sinnoh Pokemon. I can imagine having a Toxicroak on my team...
    They can put Shellos in as he was orignally going to be in Gen III... he would fit...
    sonic10158 and Isaac Gravity like this.
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

I want there to be some kind of event that involves the space ship. Even if you don't personally go up into space, maybe let us at least see a rocket launch.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Groudon & Kyogre event in Japan

A new event has been announced for Japan. In Pokémon Centres across the country, you'll be able to receive Groudon or Kyogre in your games. If you have Black 2, you will be able to receive the Pokémon Groudon whereas if you have White 2, you will receive the Pokémon Kyogre. It is unknown if these events have anything special. They will run from November 21st 2012 to January 10th 2013

This is from Serebii on the Serebiiforums.

So does this mean no RS remakes or could they be toying with us to make us believe there won't be any.

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post
    So does this mean no RS remakes or could they be toying with us to make us believe there won't be any.
    They have no reason to trick us. If remakes were on the agenda for this generation, this event wouldn't be happening.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post
    They have no reason to trick us. If remakes were on the agenda for this generation, this event wouldn't be happening.
    Well we don't have Rayquaza -shrug- honestly at this point I have no fucking clue what's going to happen... we could get them or we could not we'll see when GF gives us info on the next game... they do adore trolling us fans
    Rocky505 likes this.
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

I have a theory about the next remake :

Remember that in Heartgold and Soulsilver their assimilate things of cristal like Eusine subplot ? in III generation games the emerald changes greatly affects the plot
    and assimilate it with ruby and saphire will change too much things , my theory is that will not have a ruby and saphire remake , but a Emerald one .

only to finish , this page of wikipedia : Emerald - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

''Gray is the normal saturation modifier or mask found in emerald; a grayish-green hue is a dull green hue''.
    Last edited by Rodx; 14th November 2012 at 11:53 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Well we don't have Rayquaza
    Rayquaza was distributed twice in Japan earlier this year. Actually, this is the second time this year that Groudon and Kyogre are being distributed, too.