152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 177 of 239 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Quote Originally Posted by S-connoisseurCilanXZ View Post
    I personally think a sequel would be best as Nintendo likes to supprise the fans, as shown by when they released sequels to BW instead of a third version. On another note, apparently data for generation 3 key items still exists in the coding of B2W2, I wonder if it is possible that the data for Generation 3 contest ribbons is still there somewhere?
    source: Bulbapedia Beta Pokemon games B2W2 section also, sorry it is a little offtopic.
    *Game Freak, not Nintendo (Sorry, just my OCD kicking in :P )*

Honestly, the story of RSE concluded with RSE. So, I don't see how they could make a sequel.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    I personally think a sequel would be best as Nintendo likes to supprise the fans, as shown by when they released sequels to BW instead of a third version. On another note, apparently data for generation 3 key items still exists in the coding of B2W2, I wonder if it is possible that the data for Generation 3 contest ribbons is still there somewhere?
    source: Bulbapedia Beta Pokemon games B2W2 section also, sorry it is a little offtopic.
    *Game Freak, not Nintendo (Sorry, just my OCD kicking in :P )*

Honestly, the story of RSE concluded with RSE. So, I don't see how they could make a sequel.
    Actually he was kind of right: Nintendo are the ones who like to surprise us, Game Freak... not so much (remember, it was because of Nintendo's Satoru Iwata that we had sequels in B2W2, if Masuda had had it his way, we would have had instead dual-Grey versions).

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

In the case Of rs remakes
    I'm Positive Wally will be more involved in the story.
    The Regi's will most likely be more involved in the game, I think they might add an archologist-like npc researching them (Comparable to Eusine)
    They need to add a night and day feature as it was missing from the originals.
    I also think it will be released after the first gen 6 games, as there's no way it would end up on ds, It's too late, and if they release it in gen 5 on the 3ds, i don't see how they are gonna get online and friend codes working well with the ds games, it would be a mess.
    They got to bring back the battle frontier from emerald, it was awesome.
    There will probably be legendarys all over in post game, I love to think about where they might place them, Think About finding lugia in a hidden underwater cave. awesomeness
    Secret Bases were the best in Ruby and Sapphire and must be brought back.
    I think you should get the whirlpool HM post game like rock climb in hgss, Hoenn is MADE for whirlpool, a whirlpool could block the entrance to sky pillar.
    Have the contests with the mechanics from rs, and you win hoenn ribbons again.
    Have your normal rival fully evolve there starter and not quit on you when you reach lilycove city.

I kinda also Wish that they would make an older event legendary obtainable in game, freeing it from being so hard to get. it probably won't happen, but they could make them really hard to get like maybe if you got all the gold symbols in the battle frontier you would be rewarded with a ticket to birth island or something.

It would be awsome if you could go to sinnoh post game, but thats very unlikely.
    Dread Advocate likes this.
    Thinking of a good sig is too hard, it can stay like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by User Hidden View Post
    But if they do this, you can end up with Groudon strengthening the sunlight after the sun has set...

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by User Hidden View Post
    But if they do this, you can end up with Groudon strengthening the sunlight after the sun has set...
    maybe that event will take place in the day (even if it is night time, that part of the game will still be during the daylight in the game).

Let's say you are playing the hypothetical remake at 10:00 PM, up until just prior to the story's climax (can't remember if it happens before or after the Sootopolis Gym), it will be the usual night time. But, once you trigger the events, it will become daytime just for then until the climax ends (when Maxie/Archie change their ways and everything becomes all fine and dandy again). Then it will go back to using the system's clock to determine what time of day it is.

Sinnoh or any major region as post-game will never happen.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

El_
    Blog Entries

I don't see how sequels would ever work for RSE, and I'd really hate it if GameFreak did something like give Groudon/Kyogre alternate formes in order to promote them >_> That may have worked with Kyurem and BW2, but I don't think it can be easily pulled off with Hoenn.

I'm curious as to how the Emerald plot line would be handled in remakes, but I guess Rayquaza would simply get the spotlight in an expanded post-game story, while letting Groudon/Kyogre have the main game story.

Thinking something like: When you confront Groudon or Kyogre for the first time, just like Kyurem in BW2 you aren't allowed to capture it. This is so they will have a role later on in the game ie post game. Post game, the Emerald events play out, and afterwards you are allowed to catch Groudon/Kyogre depending on the version, and Rayquaza.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

battle connoissuer

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    I don't see how sequels would ever work for RSE, and I'd really hate it if GameFreak did something like give Groudon/Kyogre alternate formes in order to promote them >_> That may have worked with Kyurem and BW2, but I don't think it can be easily pulled off with Hoenn.

I'm curious as to how the Emerald plot line would be handled in remakes, but I guess Rayquaza would simply get the spotlight in an expanded post-game story, while letting Groudon/Kyogre have the main game story.

Thinking something like: When you confront Groudon or Kyogre for the first time, just like Kyurem in BW2 you aren't allowed to capture it. This is so they will have a role later on in the game ie post game. Post game, the Emerald events play out, and afterwards you are allowed to catch Groudon/Kyogre depending on the version, and Rayquaza.
    I am sure they can make sequels, they just have to be able to suprise the fans to make the game sell, although they may have to pull off something absurb such as new forms for Groudon and Kyogre, the idea is cool but I worry about what could go wrong. They could possibly use memory link to incorporate the Emerald elements into the game, also, I like your idea of catching the legendaries in the postgame. On another note, I have a gut feeling that they are teasing us with the Hoenn pokemon merchandise, the unova Leauge starting very soon and the fact that Gamefreak or Nintendo (not sure which) is apparently taking part in the Jump Festa event in december, either they are teasing us or we could have a new major game just around the corner :)
    Last edited by S-connoisseurCilanXZ; 2nd November 2012 at 04:58 PM.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

While R/S sequels sounds cool on paper, I think I'd prefer remakes. Considering that people were able to play through remakes of R/B and G/S, I think it would only be fair to give them a chance to play through R/S with some updates during and after the storyline as well. Besides that, sequels to ten year old games that most kids probably didn't play might not be the best idea.

battle connoissuer

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    While R/S sequels sounds cool on paper, I think I'd prefer remakes. Considering that people were able to play through remakes of R/B and G/S, I think it would only be fair to give them a chance to play through R/S with some updates during and after the storyline as well. Besides that, sequels to ten year old games that most kids probably didn't play might not be the best idea.
    It has to be a fresh experience otherwise it will not sell very well, besides they can always use memory link to show newer fans what happened in the orignals. Of course, they can always do a kind of alternate version similar to a 3rd version but with a slightly different version of the story among other things, but that might be percieved as lazy which it is sort of is, besides they have to suprise the fans and make it refreshing otherwise it may go the way of FrLg which did not go as well as it could of due to the only noticeable change aside from Sevil Islands being the presence of a female player character who is evidently non-canon

Quote Originally Posted by S-connoisseurCilanXZ
    besides they have to suprise the fans and make it refreshing otherwise it may go the way of FrLg which did not go as well as it could of due to the only noticeable change aside from Sevil Islands being the presence of a female player character who is evidently non-canon
    Not sell well? That is definitely not true.

FRLG sold just fine. It sold almost 12 million (11.82 to be exact). The ONLY gba games (that includes non-Pokémon games) to sell more than that was Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire. HGSS sold even more than FRLG did. It sold 11.9 million, which is the highest selling Pokémon games outside of Black and White.

So, no, they could make remakes and have no problems with it selling.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

It has to be a fresh experience otherwise it will not sell very well, besides they can always use memory link to show newer fans what happened in the orignals. Of course, they can always do a kind of alternate version similar to a 3rd version but with a slightly different version of the story among other things, but that might be percieved as lazy which it is sort of is, besides they have to suprise the fans and make it refreshing otherwise it may go the way of FrLg which did not go as well as it could of due to the only noticeable change aside from Sevil Islands being the presence of a female player character who is evidently non-canon
    I don't think that's true either. For the kids who didn't get into the video games until the fourth or fifth generation, playing through a remake of R/S would be a fresh experience for them. I played the original R/B/Y, as well as G/S/C, and playing the remakes still felt like a fresh experience for me due to the combination of not playing the original games for years, the updated graphics and the new material they added into the storyline. As far as I know FR/LG sold fine and HG/SS did really well, so I don't think that they need to change things up for these remakes either.
    PKMN Trainer Faye likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    Besides that, sequels to ten year old games that most kids probably didn't play might not be the best idea.
    I never really thought about that. New players could just buy BW if they wondered what happened before B2W2, but they obviously can't simply buy RSE at a store. However, B2W2 did do a really great job of explaining the events of BW. I don't care either way, though. these games are highly likely, and I'm simply waiting for them to announce it. I hope it would be for DS so it could communicate with BWB2W2. If it's a sequel, they definitely shouldn't include the Regi's because they are obviously in Unova. If they make a remake, they should put them in, but make a simple way to see and then obtain them, maybe roaming. And then all three in your party bla bla regigigas. Also, I would hope they include pokemon that have been unobtainable for awhile, especially Dialga, Palkia, and Girantina. I find it odd that they made a big deal with the Shadow Triad giving you those orbs when you couldn't even get them in the game anyway. And obviously a Jirachi and Deoxys event. And maybe a Celebi one, because I just want a Celebi :)

N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N N !!!!!!!!!!!

There's no way they'd make a game for a DS in 2013, Game Freak can't stay in the past forever.

But, who says a Pokémon Game on the 3DS couldn't connect to BWB2W2? There is already software on the 3DS (Dream Radar, or whatever it is called) that connects to B2W2, so there's always the possibility they could.

Add Chiss on Facebook

They might have to change the typing chart (poison/water), and to do that they'd have to stop battles between the two games.

Another thing to consider- Who said they have to be sequels? Why not prequels?
    Ex. You go out as a young trainer (maybe like young Norman) and are all cool. Then you battle team rocket, but near the end of the game they split into two opposing factions and escape into the shadows. (Magma and Aqua)
    It would also give us a chance to see Flannery's predecessor, a different elite four, and maybe even some pokemon made extinct by the time of Ruby/Sapphire.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Kimchikid View Post
    They might have to change the typing chart (poison/water), and to do that they'd have to stop battles between the two games.

Another thing to consider- Who said they have to be sequels? Why not prequels?
    Ex. You go out as a young trainer (maybe like young Norman) and are all cool. Then you battle team rocket, but near the end of the game they split into two opposing factions and escape into the shadows. (Magma and Aqua)
    It would also give us a chance to see Flannery's predecessor, a different elite four, and maybe even some pokemon made extinct by the time of Ruby/Sapphire.
    No. Just no.

First of all, if you played the originals, you'd know already that Norman and his family lived in Johto prior to the events of the games, so you wouldn't be able to travel through the Hoenn region as him. Second, why Team Rocket? Why not an original Team? Linking Team Rocket with Teams Plasma and Aqua the way you did is just ridiculous, if you consider that Team Rocket can't disband nor split before the events of those games, since they happen at the same time as FRLG and by that time, TR is still around as one Team (and even when they disband at the end of HGSS, they don't split, they truly disband once and for all). I wouldn't mind a prequel to any of the already existing games, but not the way that you suggest, your ideas simply don't work.
    sonic10158 likes this.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136