152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 176 of 239 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Quote Originally Posted by MayonakaSora View Post
    I'd love Hoenn remakes but only if they are on the 3DS. No more DS games
    I know that's right! I wanna see a game close to PokePark 2 designs for the Pokemon. Maybe they can really do some interactions with each other.

Visit Apex's Youtube Channel

If anything, the first 3DS pokemon version on the 3DS will be Gen VI. So either the remakes are next and coming out on the 3DS, or Gen VI is coming out next and remakes would be after that. They aren't going to open up a new system that way. It's common sense.
    ~Dreamscape~ likes this.

SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

I just wanted to go over some things I've been noticing with the pokemon games.

-Items cannot be transferred from Gen IV/III, but Shoal Shell, Shoal Salt, and the glass flutes are in B/W and B2/W2 even though they are useless beyond being sold.
    -Diving has been conspicuously underused in the GenV games seen thus far.
    -Even though the Regis and Lati@s can be caught in B2/W2, the Regis cannot be obtained with their DW abilities. Also, their inclusion doesn't rule them out from appearing in the same generation twice, as seen with the legendary birds in Platinum and HG/SS.
    -Each generation lasts approximately three years before the next. In Japan, R/S was released in 2002, D/P in 2006, and B/W in 2010. We're only two years into Generation V, meaning remakes would be likely for next year and GenVI in 2014.
    -Even though you can transfer pokemon from previous generations, Gamefreak still finds ways so that players can obtain every pokemon in each generation, such as the PokeRadar in GenIV. Kyogre/Rayquaza/Groudon and the Hoenn starters cannot be obtained in GenV so far with or without DW abilities. Magazine promotions don't count.
    -A Team Magma and Team Aqua grunt can be seen in B2/W2.
    -In the B2/W2 soundtrack, one can find an unused and remixed Hoenn trainer theme in addition to the Hoenn Gym Leader/E4/Champion music used in-game at the World Tournament. Trainer themes for the other regions are absent from the OST.
    -Skyla is said to mention a desire to battle Winona.
    -All Hoenn pokemon have different sprites in Gen V. Pokemon of other generations have had their sprites changed as well, but only Hoenn has had all of their sprites changed.

And a bonus bit of speculation:
    -Mewtwo, the Kanto starters, and the legendary birds cannot be obtained in GenV so far, let alone with DW abilities. My dream would be for Gamefreak to remake Emerald and Blue since doing R/G again would be redundant, and R/S have tons of story-based differences between games.
    Platinum FC: 0259 6242 5799

Pearl FC: 5240 8395 8578

Heart Gold FC: 0432 0519 2219

Quote Originally Posted by Golbat-Man View Post
    -Diving has been conspicuously underused in the GenV games seen thus far.
    There really isn't anywhere worth using it in Unova besides the Abyssal Ruins.
    -Even though the Regis and Lati@s can be caught in B2/W2, the Regis cannot be obtained with their DW abilities. Also, their inclusion doesn't rule them out from appearing in the same generation twice, as seen with the legendary birds in Platinum and HG/SS.
    DW abilities are irrelevant. The legendary birds are also an invalid comparison, as they are not Johto's trio.
    -Each generation lasts approximately three years before the next. In Japan, R/S was released in 2002, D/P in 2006, and B/W in 2010. We're only two years into Generation V, meaning remakes would be likely for next year and GenVI in 2014.
    Gen 1 - 1996/1999, Gen 2 - 1999/2002. The only reason Gens 3 and 4 lasted as long as they did was because of remakes. Remove them from the equation known as Gen 5, and things will be wrapped up in just 2013.
    -Even though you can transfer pokemon from previous generations, Gamefreak still finds ways so that players can obtain every pokemon in each generation, such as the PokeRadar in GenIV. Kyogre/Rayquaza/Groudon and the Hoenn starters cannot be obtained in GenV so far with or without DW abilities. Magazine promotions don't count.
    As time goes on and more Pokemon are added, it will get harder and harder to feature every single Pokemon in a single generation. So long as backwards compatibility and the GTS are prevalent, Gamefreak is under no obligation to try stuffing them all in.
    -A Team Magma and Team Aqua grunt can be seen in B2/W2.
    About as relevant as the ex-Rocket grunt in BW1, or the ex-Galactic grunt who's now a Team Plasma member.
    -Skyla is said to mention a desire to battle Winona.
    One female Flying type Gym Leader who's #6 makes a reference to another female Flying type Gym Leader who's #6? *Gasp!* Meanwhile, Rowan and his study of evolution are mentioned while Sabrina and Crasher Wake actually appear in-person.
    -All Hoenn pokemon have different sprites in Gen V. Pokemon of other generations have had their sprites changed as well, but only Hoenn has had all of their sprites changed.
    Those sprites were made nearly three years ago. Things have changed since then, and if they were ever an indicator of what was planned they probably aren't now.
    And a bonus bit of speculation:
    -Mewtwo, the Kanto starters, and the legendary birds cannot be obtained in GenV so far, let alone with DW abilities. My dream would be for Gamefreak to remake Emerald and Blue since doing R/G again would be redundant, and R/S have tons of story-based differences between games.
    Pls no. Save it for Gen 6.
    VeggiePopper likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Golbat-Man View Post
    No. The length of a generation does not determine how many game releases it has. The amount of game releases determines the length. Gamefreak is not going to arbitrarily tack another game set onto Gen 5 to make it fill out some arbitrary amount of years.

Blog Entries

Regarding legendaries with hidden abilities, so far only the Kami trio, Lugia, Ho-Oh and the Creation trio have been unlocked via the Dream Radar. Chances are that the remaining ones won't simply be catchable in a new main series game, either. Being distributed via a Ranger-like game is one possibility, and there's always the Dream World.

Default What are your names for RS remakes?

I don't think this kind of thread has been started yet. Anyways, what names would you give for RS remakes? I'd love to know!

Rules:
    • No flaming - this means: no arguments on RS remakes or of Gen V (or that newer gens suck, or are better than others).
    • Always assume that every Pokemon game is gonna get remakes
    • This thread is about your ideas, if you have one to share that's from someone else, then note on it that it is from someone else and give them credit
    • Have fun!

Anyways, mine: GroundRuby and SeaSapphire; LavaRuby and AquaSapphire
    My White 2 friend code is: 0691 3073 3453
    PM me if you want to add me to your pal pad.

Clubchloe1- The Girl who has a Resolute forme Keldeo thats Level 82 with good EV's and is not afraid to use it

Follow bubbie on Tumblr

Thumbs up Ruby and Sapphirre Remakes?

Would anyone else but me love to see 3rd gen remakes? They were my favorite in the series, though I know plenty of people who though it was stupid. In my opinion, 3rd gen had the best Pokemon designs, and the Hoenn was best region. I loved how much ocean there was and Fortree City was awesome. Not to mention Sootopolis City and all those dive spots? I think a 5th gen remake would be incredible. They already gave us 1st and 2nd gen remakes so why not?

Follow scarlettpeony on Tumblr

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphirre Remakes?

I stand by my feelings and say I want a Gen 3 remake. Of all the games, I say I have probably played that one the most times. It was also, at the time, the one I enjoyed the most. Even though the originals had failings like no difference between day/night (or rather, no light change) and the like... I loved it all the same. Probably my biggest reason for wanting a remake is because I think it has got to a point now where the Hoenn games can not be played to their full capacity because the internal batteries have run dry on are cartridges so time-based events will no longer occur. It would be able to play, for example, the storyline of Pokemon Emerald within the Ruby/Sapphire remakes with the DS graphics.

That said, I have a few questions. Given that BW/BW2 are supposed to be based in the distant future from the previous games (On the time-line, RSE probably happened at the same time as LGFR) - so would you want to play as Brendan and May again, or would you like to see them have different characters and a different villainous team - or at least a team that is affiliated with the previous two baddies? In other worlds, would you want a full remake or a sequel to the Hoenn region?

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scarlettpeony View Post
    I stand by my feelings and say I want a Gen 3 remake. Of all the games, I say I have probably played that one the most times. It was also, at the time, the one I enjoyed the most. Even though the originals had failings like no difference between day/night (or rather, no light change) and the like... I loved it all the same. Probably my biggest reason for wanting a remake is because I think it has got to a point now where the Hoenn games can not be played to their full capacity because the internal batteries have run dry on are cartridges so time-based events will no longer occur. It would be able to play, for example, the storyline of Pokemon Emerald within the Ruby/Sapphire remakes with the DS graphics.

That said, I have a few questions. Given that BW/BW2 are supposed to be based in the distant future from the previous games (On the time-line, RSE probably happened at the same time as LGFR) - so would you want to play as Brendan and May again, or would you like to see them have different characters and a different villainous team - or at least a team that is affiliated with the previous two baddies? In other worlds, would you want a full remake or a sequel to the Hoenn region?
    Just because the Unova games are set later doesn't mean RSE remakes have to.
    VeggiePopper likes this.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by scarlettpeony View Post

I prefer seeing a sequel over standard Pokémon remake because Gen V sets in the distant future from Gen III. Yes, all new different player characters with same starter Pokémon choice (Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip) would be a cool choice. Different villainous teams can be possible (or maybe reconstructed Team Magma and Team Aqua). I would like to see all new Pokéthlon and Pokémon Musical in Hoenn region but only thing is Pacifidlog would likely been destroyed.

Follow towny On Twitter Add towny on Google+
    Visit towny's Youtube Channel

I've always just thought that R/S/E should be left alone and not remade, it was one of the most different games to the others in the series. If it were to get a remake, it shouldn't be a full remake, just a game based in the Hoenn, maybe like what B&W2 is to B&W

battle connoissuer

I personally think a sequel would be best as Nintendo likes to supprise the fans, as shown by when they released sequels to BW instead of a third version. On another note, apparently data for generation 3 key items still exists in the coding of B2W2, I wonder if it is possible that the data for Generation 3 contest ribbons is still there somewhere?
    source: Bulbapedia Beta Pokemon games B2W2 section also, sorry it is a little offtopic.
    Last edited by S-connoisseurCilanXZ; 30th October 2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: giving a source

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by S-connoisseurCilanXZ View Post
    I personally think a sequel would be best as Nintendo likes to supprise the fans, as shown by when they released sequels to BW instead of a third version.
    In that case, since we're all expecting sequels, they'd have to do something else to surprise us.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    In that case, since we're all expecting sequels, they'd have to do something else to surprise us.
    ...Prequels?

With Flannery's grandfather as the Lavaridge Gym Leader, and...um.... yeah I can't think of anything else in Hoenn that would be of interest. Maybe not.