152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 175 of 239 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    FRLG weren't released on RG's 10th anniversary either. If anything, I think HGSS' being in the year of GS' 10th was coincidence. The adverts I saw focused on the nostalgia of the originals, not the anniversary.
    Coincidence or not, Gamefreak just had the opportunity to do it again but passed it up. I could have sworn the 10th anniversary point got used at least once during HGSS' advertisement, though admittedly my memories of that era are fuzzy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    I could have sworn the 10th anniversary point got used at least once during HGSS' advertisement, though admittedly my memories of that era are fuzzy.
    It was used several times, most notably in the initial announcement. That's an excerpt from the Japanese Yahoo website, but the official website referenced the anniversary, as well.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    It was used several times, most notably in the initial announcement. That's an excerpt from the Japanese Yahoo website, but the official website referenced the anniversary, as well.
    The last sentence there, "... so its revival is only fitting" makes it seem like it was more of a lucky coincidence that the release happened to be on the originals' anniversary, than the games actually being done for the special purpose of celebrating the anniversary.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper View Post
    The last sentence there, "... so its revival is only fitting" makes it seem like it was more of a lucky coincidence that the release happened to be on the originals' anniversary, than the games actually being done for the special purpose of celebrating the anniversary.
    If it were pure coincidence it wouldn't be mentioned at all. Zistal's point is that if Game Freak wanted to release remakes in this generation, they would probably choose to do so around the anniversary, which isn't the case.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

If they are going to be remade, I hope they keep Emerald's battle Frontier locations and challenges but update things a bit and add some new stuff. We had the PWT give Hoenn's Gym Leaders a breath of fresh air, the Frontier Brains need that treatment too. I personally want to beat Lucy down in Gen V style after that crushing loss in Emerald.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper View Post
    If it were pure coincidence it wouldn't be mentioned at all. Zistal's point is that if Game Freak wanted to release remakes in this generation, they would probably choose to do so around the anniversary, which isn't the case.
    That's why I said lucky coincidence. Being a coincidence doesn't have to mean that they can't notice it. The coincidence lies in that they remade the games and then the planned release date coincided with their anniversary, not the other way round (the games being remade for the sake of the anniversary); the anniversary was an extra thing, but not the main thing; they were aware of it and exploited it for marketing purposes, but it was not the reason to be, that's why it's still a coincidence (unless of course, it's been proved that the anniversary was the main reason for the games being remade). But I digress.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Come on, make the underwater routes more interesting. Let us find items down there, and maybe trainers who are also diving. Also, let us find more Pokémon different from Clamperl and Relicanth.
    VeggiePopper likes this.

Hmm, this is an interesting topic I haven't seen before o.o

Well, the best remakes that could ever be made imo are RSE remakes, with the following features:
    Pokemon
    • Animated sprites
    • Expanded array of Pokemon including those from generations IV and V, preferably only encountered after the Elite Four are defeated.

Criminal Organizations
    • Seeing as how my favorite game ever was Emerald Version, I have to say that I would really love to see dual evil teams again. This is why I've been rooting for an Emerald remake and not RS remakes :/
    • Considering that the current generation of Pokemon fans includes people of all ages, I would love to see the evil teams act and talk a bit more seriously and overall violently. That would be so epic!

Music
    • In the music department, I would really wish for the same Generation 3 music with a small upgrade, possibly a bit more technical? Idk, but not the exact same, preferably an edited version. Different sound tracks will ruin the experience for me.

Graphics
    • OMG! Like, I can imagine it now, Sootopolis City with Generation V graphics! O.o
      And Fortree City too! GAAAAAH!

Extra Stuff
    • For the love of God preserve dive and make it epic this time! The dive in BW was dumb and very limited. Make it a whole lot more interesting. Plus the graphical abilities they have can make diving such a great experience!

That is all :]
    Last edited by PEDRO12; 1st October 2012 at 07:39 PM.

Hello peeps :D Click that ^^ xD

Follow ProfOaked On Twitter
    Follow ProfOaked on Tumblr Visit ProfOaked's Youtube Channel

I'd love Hoenn remakes but only if they are on the 3DS. No more DS games
    sonic10158 and Joshawott like this.

I'd rather it be DS than 3DS because no matter what anyone says the 3DS sucks and I'm only getting one as an emergency precaution.

Anyway, back on topic, I wouldn't mind it to be an RS remake if they include most of the Emerald Features. Then, if we incorporate the normal 5-handhelds-a-gen rule, an Emake is more likely.
    Now, what would I want to see...
    Well, Ribbons being re-obtainable, for a start. Especially the Hoenn Contest Ribbons. Only Pal Park'd pokemon can get those and PokeBlocks were so hard to do properly. Perhaps the Contest Hall could be updated so you can do normal AND super contests, so Gen V pokemon have the chance to get those ribbons.
    I'd also love to see some of the places like Littleroot and Mauville with new graphics. Hm, oh and maybe add a few extra locations, like maybe do what happened with the Battle Fronteir of Sinnoh; make all the other areas.
    It'd also mean the return of BERRIES~
    Seriously, I hate how we can only get Berries in the Dream World. I want my Pamtre Berries to improve beauty!
    On that note, bring back contest stats. Granted a Prism scale is easier for Feebas but it feels sad that any effort getting my pokemon to be beautiful, cool, smart etc has been wasted even if they aced the master ranks.

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

I miss the secret bases, if they make an RSE remake I do hope they bring them back and improve them. Like add new types of furniture, new pokédolls, etc. and playing capture-the-flag with your friends is cool too, they should combine it with entralink to make it more epic.
    Thepiplupstory likes this.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PikaTuesday View Post
    I miss the secret bases, if they make an RSE remake I do hope they bring them back and improve them. Like add new types of furniture, new pokédolls, etc. and playing capture-the-flag with your friends is cool too, they should combine it with entralink to make it more epic.
    I would love for it to be over wifi. I may have had friends in 2004 who played RSE, but I have since moved away and can't just go mix records with someone... And I loved playing the capture the flag

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lugia61617 View Post
    Then, if we incorporate the normal 5-handhelds-a-gen rule
    There is no such rule. Only gens III and IV had five games. Gen I had four, and Gen II had three.

Anyway, I'd love to have secret bases back. Incorporate wi-fi into them? Sounds awesome.
    VeggiePopper likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MayonakaSora View Post
    I'd love Hoenn remakes but only if they are on the 3DS. No more DS games
    I do not mind what console the remakes will be released for... Nah, okay, to be honest, I prefer the 3DS now, because I will have to buy one to play Shin Megami Tensei IV and the DS already has enough Pokémon games. They just need to keep the same "pseudo-3D" style in the overworld. The battles with 3D models, like this picture below, would be awesome...

But the overworld needs to keep this style:

They only need to improve the quality of the 3D models and make high res sprites.

I also do not believe that they will release a main Pokémon game next year.
    I can see Generation VI debuting in the early months of 2014.

@Edit: A MC creation feature would be very nice for the new games, like the one in Dragon Quest IX:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ispjdUBeSm4

Fortunately they do not make use of CG/anime cutscenes in the franchise, so there would be not problems in adding the feature.
    Last edited by Reila; 3rd October 2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: typo
    Shiny Celebi and sonic10158 like this.

Lost in the numbers :S Jacko19863's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd love a R/S/E remake :D

I would like some things to be changed.

Not as many tentacool
    Running indoors

And maybe make the pokemon a bit easier to level.
    I've claimed
    Pokémon
    Zoroark (26/9/12)

Moves
    Earthquake (26/9/12)
    Items
    Tidal Bell (26/9/12)
    DeepSeaTooth (26/9/12)
    Abilities
    Magnet Pull (26/9/12)