152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 174 of 239 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

I think it should be used on both 3DS and DS, like previous games. I like the idea of a remake and I think that all the legendaries should be found in the post game.
    Down Here!

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

I think that there should only be RS remakes with Emerald examples. For example, using Wallace as the champion, and fighting Steven in the post game (this would anger many people, but I don't care), the SootoplisMossdeep Space Center event, and the Battle Frontier.
    Thepiplupstory likes this.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4fghan View Post
    The inevitable RS remakes will happen. The question is, however, on what system?
    Anyways, adding onto my previous post, these games should have Birth island and Navel rock, and an event for the Space/Time trio. There should be no more than 14 legendaries in the games.
    I still think it will definitely be on the 3DS only. They shouldn't keep on staying behind with their major games being on Nintendo's outdated system: the DS.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

If anything, this could happen:
    R/S remakes on the DS, and the Emerald remake on the 3DS. The only difference would be version exclusives & the system. Story wise, it would be exactly the same.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Why would they hold on to the DS? The DS is pretty much dead at this point and Game Freak needs to move to the 3DS as soon as possible. Nintendo is most likely pressuring them to put games out on the 3DS and Id say a 3DS Pokemon game is in development now, whether that's R/S remakes or Gen 6 or even both on some level. Also why would they make an Emerald remake when they can put features from Emerald into Ruby and Sapphire remakes just like what was done with features from Crystal in HG/SS? I think that's most likely what will happen.

I don't see any reason to do just a Hoenn remake. Gamefreak can simply add the Emerald elements into the two games. Fact is, more money will be made off of two games then off of one. I personally would prefer for Steven to be champion, but I wouldn't fret over it too much. I think that Juan should be the optional challenge battle though.
    My official Black 2 team.

Some days it's a good day to die. Other times it's just a good day to have breakfast.

Blog Entries

I kind of like the idea of one remake version having RS's last GL and champion setup and the other having Emerald's. BW already introduced the idea of having version-exclusive gym leaders, why not expand on that?

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    I kind of like the idea of one remake version having RS's last GL and champion setup and the other having Emerald's. BW already introduced the idea of having version-exclusive gym leaders, why not expand on that?
    I actually really like having that idea! It even supports the whole land vs. sea thing. Ruby could have Steven, who is primarily ground/steel/rock, while Wallace can be in Sapphire because he represents water (or vice versa).
    My official Black 2 team.

Some days it's a good day to die. Other times it's just a good day to have breakfast.

Blog Entries

There's R/S/E Trainer Battle music in BW2 maybe we are getting Gen III remakes.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Due to Genesect's early reveal and distribution (August in Japan, October internationally) despite it being in the next movie, it's clear that Generation V has ended with Black 2/White 2. The next generation will most likely began in Japan next year with the release of a new primary pair on the Nintendo 3DS.

GameFreak have already moved forward to the 3DS with Rhythm Hunter HarmoKnight and I doubt Satoru Iwata would even let them release a DS game in 2013 (I imagine B2W2's June release was to allow for a 2012 international launch). People really need to stop being in denial about this; the next Pokémon games (and thus, any subsequent remakes) will be for the 3DS, not the now outdated DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Due to Genesect's early reveal and distribution (August in Japan, October internationally) despite it being in the next movie, it's clear that Generation V has ended with Black 2/White 2. The next generation will most likely began in Japan next year with the release of a new primary pair on the Nintendo 3DS.

GameFreak have already moved forward to the 3DS with Rhythm Hunter HarmoKnight and I doubt Satoru Iwata would even let them release a DS game in 2013 (I imagine B2W2's June release was to allow for a 2012 international launch). People really need to stop being in denial about this; the next Pokémon games (and thus, any subsequent remakes) will be for the 3DS, not the now outdated DS.
    There's also the fact that RS' 10th anniversary was ignored in favor of BW2, unlike when HGSS' came out on GS' 10th anniversary and this played a part in their advertisement.

Unfortunately some people just refuse to acknowledge that RSE remakes probably won't happen this generation. In some of the arguments over the subject I've been in, their devotion to the concept was nearly religious...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post

There's also the fact that RS' 10th anniversary was ignored in favor of BW2, unlike when HGSS' came out on GS' 10th anniversary and this played a part in their advertisement.

Unfortunately some people just refuse to acknowledge that RSE remakes probably won't happen this generation. In some of the arguments over the subject I've been in, their devotion to the concept was nearly religious...
    FRLG weren't released on RG's 10th anniversary either. If anything, I think HGSS' being in the year of GS' 10th was coincidence. The adverts I saw focused on the nostalgia of the originals, not the anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by $onyhater21 View Post
    There's also HGSS and DPt music in B2W2. So by that logic, we should get HGSS and DPt remakes.
    Last edited by Joshawott; 30th September 2012 at 11:58 AM.

There's also HGSS and DPt music in B2W2. So by that logic, we should get HGSS and DPt remakes.
    The gym leader/E4/Champion themes from all the previous games are in the World Tournament, but only Hoenn has the regular trainer theme in the data as well.
    Platinum FC: 0259 6242 5799

Pearl FC: 5240 8395 8578

Heart Gold FC: 0432 0519 2219

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Golbat-Man View Post
    The gym leader/E4/Champion themes from all the previous games are in the World Tournament, but only Hoenn has the regular trainer theme in the data as well.
    So? One track hidden in data (I have yet to hear it in game) does not make a remake hint. Remakes might happen at some point, but not in Gen V.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Golbat-Man View Post
    So? Platinum had the RSE main theme as a hidden track, and HGSS had the Route 101 theme yet we never had Hoenn remakes during Gen IV. Just like the RSE theme in Platinum, the Hoenn trainer music in BW2 probably is there for testing purposes (i.e. for adjusting previous games music to BW2's soundfont), that's why unlike the other odler themes, this one is not used in-game, just like Joshawott pointed out.

Even then, I don't get what does that has to do with a remake to begin with. We've seen previously that some random dummied/hidden data does not mean "undisputable proof", remember when we found "Johto" as a possible location for catching Pokémon in DPPt hidden in the game data, yet when HGSS were released, such data was not used; instead, Pokémon from the latter games would only display "Faraway Land" when traded to the former, despite that "Johto" was already available. Thus, in a similar way, even in Hoenn remakes come out during Gen V, most probably they won't use this track you are refering to, so calling it undisputable proof is moot.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136