152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 171 of 239 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4fghan View Post
    - You encounter N, post game, as a cameo. He flies off with Reshiram (Ruby) or Zekrom (Sapphire) after mentioning he must return to Unova because he senses something wrong is going on (The games take place before BW2, but they're G6 because these are 3DS games).
    This could only work if said games were sequels to R/S instead of just remakes. Ruby/Sapphire take place at the same time as Red/Blue. Because of this, Ruby/Sapphire take place three years before Gold/Silver, and there is evidence in Black1/White1 that Black1/White1 take place some time after Gold/Silver.

Having this cameo in R/S remakes instead of sequels will cause problems with the timeline, unless Game Freak is willing to ruin the timeline, which I doubt they'd do.
    Hm? I always thought R/S and B/W took place during the same time. Strange.

As far as I know, there's no completely confirmed canon order to the games aside from sequels like GSC and BW2

I would really look forward to a remake of Emerald, greatest Pokemon of all time in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    As far as I know, there's no completely confirmed canon order to the games aside from sequels like GSC and BW2
    No, there is canon evidence but it's obscure.
    Here's the timeline that I know about:
    RBY and GSC are 3 years apart (because they're sequels)
    RBY and FireRed/LeafGreen occur at the same time (re-makes)
    GSC and HeartGold/SoulSilver occur at the same time (re-makes)
    HeartGold/SoulSilver and Black/White are several years apart (enough time for Caitlin to physically age and the Rocket guy to get married and quit Team Rocket)
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum occur before Black/White (because Cynthia mentions being defeated by the protagonist of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum)... I'm guessing maybe a few years apart at most
    Black/White and Black2/White2 are sequels

The only main-series games I'm not sure about are Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald... I don't remember coming across anything to place them on the timeline, but I may have missed something (especially if something was mentioned in FireRed/LeafGreen, since I haven't played those). I've heard that Generation I and III occur at the same time, but that may be a false assumption due to the Generation I remakes being included in Generation III (the same could be said about Generation IV... clearly Generation II and Generation IV (minus HeartGold/SoulSilver) did not occur at the same time)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    No, there is but some is a little obscure.
    Here's the timeline that I know about:
    RBY and GSC are 3 years apart (because it they're sequels)
    RBY and FireRed/LeafGreen occur at the same time (re-makes)
    GSC and HeartGold/SoulSilver occur at the same time (re-makes)
    HeartGold/SoulSilver and Black/White are several years apart (enough time for Caitlin to physically age and the Rocket guy to get married and quit Team Rocket)
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum occur before Black/White (because Cynthia mentions being defeated by the protagonist of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum)... I'm guessing maybe a few years apart at most
    Black/White and Black2/White2 are sequels

The only main-series games I'm not sure about are Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald... I don't remember coming across anything to place them on the timeline, but I may have missed something (espeically if something was mentioned in FireRed/LeafGreen, since I havent played those)
    Just adding a couple of points:

The Rocket guy in BW was replaced by a Magma/Aqua couple in B2W2. Whether this means Rocket guy and his family are no longer canon is debatable, but the fact that they were replaced by characters with a similar concept implies that they were retconned to something that leaves the timeline a little vaguer.
    The Red Gyarados is mentioned in DP but not Pt, which means that all of Gen 4 takes place around the same time... although the third versions are usually considered the "canon" ones, so that's also debatable.

I also could have sworn RSE and FRLG referenced each other somehow, but I'm blanking on that at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post

The Red Gyarados is mentioned in DP but not Pt, which means that all of Gen 4 takes place around the same time... although the third versions are usually considered the "canon" ones, so that's also debatable.
    Actually, it's still mentioned in Platinum. Just not in the beginning of the game.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Blog Entries

The Rocket guy in BW was replaced by a Magma/Aqua couple in B2W2. Whether this means Rocket guy and his family are no longer canon is debatable, but the fact that they were replaced by characters with a similar concept implies that they were retconned to something that leaves the timeline a little vaguer.
    I don't see why you would think that when the more plausible explanation is that the Team Rocket grunt moved elsewhere after two years.
    sonic10158 likes this.

TheAussie Rayquaza Master Brayquaza64's Avatar

Visit Brayquaza64's Youtube Channel

I'm hoping that the Ruby and Sapphire remakes strongly recreates Pokemon Contests to a much larger extent and really makes something spectacular. The remakes would probably have to be quite a dramatic reconstruction and since the Hoenn Region is on an island, opening more areas might not be as easy. However the opening of New smaller islands and towns would be great. Also it would be cool to see if the Underwater area is repeated with something extra, like you have to chase Pokemon underwater or something.
    Ohh! and if the Battle Pyramid could Fly to different parts of the Hoenn region and the Battle Frontier was even larger, that would be awesome.

I can see the remaking of Ruby and Sapphire to be a big job, trying to keep the original style with new features. I hope they do something really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I don't see why you would think that when the more plausible explanation is that the Team Rocket grunt moved elsewhere after two years.
    If they play the exact same role then it does seem kind of like it was retconned. Although it sounds like a pointless one, this wouldn't be the first time they've done so.

Blog Entries

If they play the exact same role then it does seem kind of like it was retconned. Although it sounds like a pointless one, this wouldn't be the first time they've done so.
    None of these grunts have a real role to speak of; their cameo appearances only serve to reference the old, now-disbanded teams. Since the Team Rocket grunt served his purpose in Black and White, he was replaced (but not retconned out of existence) in the sequels to avoid repetition. I fail to see how this makes the timeline vague; there are other NPCs in Unova that have left their houses for the sake of change.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    None of these grunts have a real role to speak of; their cameo appearances only serve to reference the old, now-disbanded teams. Since the Team Rocket grunt served his purpose in Black and White, he was replaced (but not retconned out of existence) in the sequels to avoid repetition. I fail to see how this makes the timeline vague; there are other NPCs in Unova that have left their houses for the sake of change.
    Cameo appearance or not, it's still part of the canon. Now, I've never played Black2/White2 so maybe I'd have to see it in context, but it's one thing for them to just get rid of the Rocket guy because he served his purpose (which you are suggesting) and another thing to replace him with an almost identical character (which suggesta a retcon).

Blog Entries

Cameo appearance or not, it's still part of the canon. Now, I've never played Black2/White2 so maybe I'd have to see it in context, but it's one thing for them to just get rid of the Rocket guy because he served his purpose (which you are suggesting) and another thing to replace him with an almost identical character (which suggesta a retcon).
    You realize this is a sequel right? It's like saying all the stuff they left out or replaced in GSC Kanto was no longer canon. People move houses. There is a house on Village Bridge that constantly gets different couples visiting it considering whether to buy it or not. The Rocket Grunt clearly moved from Kanto to Unova. Yet its so much easier to believe a character who has existed in multiple games and three generations has been retconned out of existence, than it is to say "they moved"?

The Rocket Grunt wasn't replaced by an almost identical character, their roles are similar, but its just like how every Professor has the "same role" but didn't retcon the previous one out of existence. It's nowhere near comparable to things like Dude having his role replaced by Ethan or Lyra in the remakes, and then not existing. The fact that these games are sequels means their canons do not contradict. It's not as if they're taking the same exact role in an updated version of the game. There are two years between their roles, they aren't occupying the same point in space-time that makes their mutual existence incompatible.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 17th August 2012 at 06:31 PM.

The Rocket grunt leaving Unova is a hint.
    POKEMON FORESTLEAFGREEN AND VOLCANOFIRERED.
    /Joke over

The Power of Electricity Jolty94's Avatar
    Follow Jolty94 On Twitter Add Jolty94 on Facebook

Wouldn't it be more reasonable to compare the hard facts that are there in all the 5th Gen games? For example; there's only one Pokémon that was created when they introduced the 3rd Generation that had relation to a Pokémon from another Generation, which was Azuril. That is the only flaw of the fact that 5th Gen and 3rd have a lot in common. For example, the idea of not connecting the Pokémon in them to other previous generations by Evolution or baby form, except Azuril, again. Another interesting fact; they brought Dive back, it doesn't have much use in BW, which hints that it must mean they set up for R/S remakes if anything. So everything is available if they choose to.

I personally think it would be a great decision for them, especially for 2013, as it will mark the 10th Anniversary of the original R/S. Plus, who doesn't love Hoenn?
    Thepiplupstory likes this.
    N is finished yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolty94 View Post
    Wouldn't it be more reasonable to compare the hard facts that are there in all the 5th Gen games? For example; there's only one Pokémon that was created when they introduced the 3rd Generation that had relation to a Pokémon from another Generation, which was Azuril. That is the only flaw of the fact that 5th Gen and 3rd have a lot in common. For example, the idea of not connecting the Pokémon in them to other previous generations by Evolution or baby form, except Azuril, again. Another interesting fact; they brought Dive back, it doesn't have much use in BW, which hints that it must mean they set up for R/S remakes if anything. So everything is available if they choose to.

I personally think it would be a great decision for them, especially for 2013, as it will mark the 10th Anniversary of the original R/S. Plus, who doesn't love Hoenn?
    You're forgetting Wynaut

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.