Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!) - Page 169

View Poll Results: When would you like R/S/E Remakes

Voters
410. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this generation

    195 47.56%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

    152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

    16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

    47 11.46%
Page 169 of 239 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

  1. #2521
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Turtlelot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Don't see Main games beinf released digitaly... people forget the only reason HG/SS were made was to cash in on nostalgia they didn't need to be remade because you could already get all the Johto Pokemon... HG/SS as cool as they are were cash-in's the only remakes we really needed was FR/LG... R/S are completely unplayable on the current handheld (the 3DS) and they aren't being sold anymore... so remaking R/S would be pretty profitable for not only pure nostalgia but as a way to bring Hoenn to the kids who started after it...
    To be fair, both things you said can go both ways. We can get all of the Hoenn pokemon on the current DS titles, and GSC were not compatible with the DS.
    Pretty much the point... any argument that can be used against R/S remakes could have been used against HG/SS being made (which they were)... R/S cannot be played on the 3DS (or the DSi...) which is the current handheld. Hoenn is also they only region not to be seen in with 3D graphics among and the only game without the P/S Split which makes Gen III games almost unplayable to me since I'm so used to the P/S split now.

    R/S being remade would be a cash-in for the nostalgic and people who haven't ever played the games... and honestly I don't see a problem with that... any main series pokemon game is guaranteed to sell over 5+ million copies anyway so they will more then make up the cost it takes to make them
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

  2. #2522
    Master of Conjectures Zorocario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Celadon City, Kanto
    Posts
    2

    Thumbs down Not gonna happen.

    Here's my opinion: I doubt they will come out with remakes.

    Let's face it, we can already migrate Pokemon from our Generation III games onto our Generation IV games, and afterwards transfer the same Pokemon onto the Generation V games. So there isn't really any point to making a remake of Ruby/Sapphire.

    Generation III has already introduced what a remake is like. You can't exactly make a remake of what introduced remakes because then we'd still be producing games for the original DS, and that wouldn't really be good marketing for Nintendo/Game Freak/Whoever else is involved. Of course, we could wait for Generation VI to happen after Genesect's movie is out and done, but I don't want to get into that.

    Bottom line, we're not exactly done with Generation V, and just because there's a Twitter post of Junichi Masuda considering the remake request doesn't mean it will actually happen. And that is all I have to say concerning the matter. Feel free to tell me what you think. Or not.

    -Zorocario
    The_Doctor likes this.

  3. #2523
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Not gonna happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Here's my opinion: I doubt they will come out with remakes.

    Let's face it, we can already migrate Pokemon from our Generation III games onto our Generation IV games, and afterwards transfer the same Pokemon onto the Generation V games. So there isn't really any point to making a remake of Ruby/Sapphire.

    Generation III has already introduced what a remake is like. You can't exactly make a remake of what introduced remakes because then we'd still be producing games for the original DS, and that wouldn't really be good marketing for Nintendo/Game Freak/Whoever else is involved. Of course, we could wait for Generation VI to happen after Genesect's movie is out and done, but I don't want to get into that.

    Bottom line, we're not exactly done with Generation V, and just because there's a Twitter post of Junichi Masuda considering the remake request doesn't mean it will actually happen. And that is all I have to say concerning the matter. Feel free to tell me what you think. Or not.

    -Zorocario
    one HUGE gaping massive hole in your argument though... you have to have the Gen III games to send over pokemon and you need a DSphat/lite also if you don't have either your screwed... and that argument could also be used against HG/SS you could get every Gen II Pokemon (sans Celebi) without an event The beasts were in FR/LG Ho-Oh and Lugia could be caught in Collo/XD (hell you HAD to catch Lugia it was required to beat the game... so why was HG/SS made again? you could already get all the Pokemon without events so HG/SS in the scope of things was unnecessary
    Javier952 likes this.
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

  4. #2524
    Master of Conjectures Zorocario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Celadon City, Kanto
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Not gonna happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    one HUGE gaping massive hole in your argument though... you have to have the Gen III games to send over pokemon and you need a DSphat/lite also if you don't have either your screwed... and that argument could also be used against HG/SS you could get every Gen II Pokemon (sans Celebi) without an event The beasts were in FR/LG Ho-Oh and Lugia could be caught in Collo/XD (hell you HAD to catch Lugia it was required to beat the game... so why was HG/SS made again? you could already get all the Pokemon without events so HG/SS in the scope of things was unnecessary
    Yeah, but what are the odds Pokemon fans aren't to have any of the Pokemon games from Generation III, IV, and V?
    You didn't HAVE to catch Lugia in XD, you're thinking about Reshiram/Zekrom in Black and White. If you ended up knocking out Lugia, then he would just reappear to be battled again like any other Legendary Pokemon.

    But hey, you don't even need the Generation III games just to get Hoenn starters; (which is most of the case for R/S/E) Steven already gives you the choice of one of the starters in HG/SS. You're basing your argument more on what Pokemon are obtainable in the Generation II, which is sort of irrelevant to my argument, so I'll only regard the first part of your argument.

    -Zorocario

    EDIT: Yeah, it might be a pain just to transfer with 2 DS systems, but once a main series game is made for the 3DS, (Because it WILL happen, the original DS can't live forever.) it will provoke people to buy a 3DS and therefore they can finally trade within Generations.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 23rd July 2012 at 06:15 PM.
    The_Doctor likes this.
    Genesis: Welcome, Trainer. I've been waiting. It takes strength and courage to challenge raging darkness, but it takes heart and soul to be the light and hope of the Pokémon world, for humans AND Pokémon. Before you challenge me, I'd like to know. What do you pursue? Is it the dream of power? Or is it merely the satisfaction you get from bonding with Pokémon? Either way, are you up to the task to take me on? Enough talk, take position! My Lucario grows impatient, as do I. En garde!


  5. #2525
    Registered User Elso579's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    62

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Well regardless of what is said above I belive that a remake is entirly possible. I would however like it to be a sequal to R/S/E. And their are people who don't own the older handhelds so they don't have the backwards compatibility to Gen. 3 infact I don't even own a working GBA anymore. I do however want to see features in B/W/B2/W2 in a sequal. Poketransfer should be inputed, as should the dream world which could be located on one of the many unused island on the map. Also all of the Gen. III features should be kept or improoved. As far as pokemon are concerned I like what HG/SS did. It took advantage of new pokemon while FR/LG prevented you from even getting crobat or blissy until you got the natl. dex. I want some new characters but don't go overbord replace the champeon a few of the gym leaders and maybe a completely new E4, also build the E4's character some you didn't meet any E4 members outside of battle at all.
    I am Elso. That's all I can tell you.

    My FanFics:
    FireRed&LeafGreen Chronicles (Archived and unfinished) http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/firered-leafgreen-chronicals-129743/#post4222761

    A Legendary Spirit Book One http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/legendary-spirit-book-one-pg-13-a-136706/

  6. #2526
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    9
    Add BrendanEatsCereal on Google+
    Visit BrendanEatsCereal's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Asumming that they do make them I think they would add day and night features as well as the seasons.
    I think pokemon like spheal would only appear in winter and the volcano would become snowy as well and no numels would be in the grass. The cave of origins being either icy or magma like. Shoal Cave would have low tied at day high tide at night. Evoloutions would be added much like HG and SS. Like Roselia being able to evolve into Roserade. Mirage Island would be amazing to see if it was there. They could add more pokemon while diving!
    Dread Advocate likes this.

  7. #2527
    Registered User Elso579's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    62

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Oh yes I forgot about diving I want to see more places to dive as well as an implementation of seasons which would work handily with hoenn's diverse climet.
    I am Elso. That's all I can tell you.

    My FanFics:
    FireRed&LeafGreen Chronicles (Archived and unfinished) http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/firered-leafgreen-chronicals-129743/#post4222761

    A Legendary Spirit Book One http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/legendary-spirit-book-one-pg-13-a-136706/

  8. #2528
    Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Glasgow, UK
    Posts
    545
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    I think a remake is still a possibility, but I also don't think Game Freak have decided where to go with it either. I think they're leaving it fairly open-ended so they have the option to do it or not (Groudon / Kyogre not being available in the wild in B2/W2 is a trivial but nonetheless interesting little hint).

    I've actually been wondering if they'll go ahead and do a Ruby 2 / Sapphire 2, or perhaps go for a 3DS-only remake of Emerald and not go down the two versions route.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

  9. #2529
    Because I can. Caseydia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,790

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    I really don't want any remakes especially with RSE. My favorite was Emerald after Crystal ofcourse. Why not just make a Battle Revolution remake with the newer Pokemon. I want to see Oshawott in 3D.

  10. #2530
    is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cheaters anywhere
    Posts
    872
    Blog Entries
    18
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    For me, if a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald remake (tentatively Ruby 2/Sapphire 2) could be coming, I'd expect some features I'd like to see:

    *All-new story (entirely new story with all-new characters)
    *Day and Night features, with some different Pokémon appear during different times
    *Expanded and revamped Hoenn PokéDex with more Pokémon, just like New Unova PokéDex in Black 2 and White 2
    *Revamped Hoenn map in 3D
    *More than 6 Pokémon the trainer can carry
    *Quadruple battles (8 Pokémon in each battle, 4 in each side)
    *More move tutors available

    As Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness was set 5 years after Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and Pokémon Colosseum, I'd expect Cipher would visit Hoenn about years after Pokémon XD (with a reconstructed team), but they will have a battle conflict between Team Magma and Team Aqua...

    But... These will be possible in Generation VI or future instead of Generation V, so we might not expect RSE remakes in Generation V as Pokémon in RSE/FRLG games can be transferred into Generation V BW/B2W2 games via Generation IV DPPt/HGSS games.

  11. #2531
    Registered User Chriiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: Not gonna happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    one HUGE gaping massive hole in your argument though... you have to have the Gen III games to send over pokemon and you need a DSphat/lite also if you don't have either your screwed... and that argument could also be used against HG/SS you could get every Gen II Pokemon (sans Celebi) without an event The beasts were in FR/LG Ho-Oh and Lugia could be caught in Collo/XD (hell you HAD to catch Lugia it was required to beat the game... so why was HG/SS made again? you could already get all the Pokemon without events so HG/SS in the scope of things was unnecessary
    Yeah, but what are the odds Pokemon fans aren't to have any of the Pokemon games from Generation III, IV, and V?
    You didn't HAVE to catch Lugia in XD, you're thinking about Reshiram/Zekrom in Black and White. If you ended up knocking out Lugia, then he would just reappear to be battled again like any other Legendary Pokemon.

    But hey, you don't even need the Generation III games just to get Hoenn starters; (which is most of the case for R/S/E) Steven already gives you the choice of one of the starters in HG/SS. You're basing your argument more on what Pokemon are obtainable in the Generation II, which is sort of irrelevant to my argument, so I'll only regard the first part of your argument.

    -Zorocario

    EDIT: Yeah, it might be a pain just to transfer with 2 DS systems, but once a main series game is made for the 3DS, (Because it WILL happen, the original DS can't live forever.) it will provoke people to buy a 3DS and therefore they can finally trade within Generations.

    I know I'm a bit late on this(haven't been on this forum in who knows how long...) but you were implying that we don't need remakes because of being able to get all Gen III Pokemon(whether it be by having them available or being able to transfer all the way up to Gen V), look at your last post. What Artic was trying to say is, by that logic, we had no need for Gen II remakes, seeing as all of that Gen's Pokemon were obtainable within Gen III(regardless of the Gen itself being cut off). Pokemon availability doesn't really play a big role in determining whether or not we'll get remakes is all I'm saying. If anything, the fan base wanting them really badly had an effect there; which is a reason as to why we'll likely see these.

    Anyways, I hope we see the return of the original contests(with tweaks of course), secret bases, and berry growing. I also wonder if they plan to use Altering Cave again, Streetpass would be perfect for something like that.
    Don't you think Hoenn deserves to be at least this beautiful?


    Credit for the map goes to this person: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922

  12. #2532
    XXXXXXXXXX Dragon Char's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Tower of Mastery
    Posts
    4,816
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Not gonna happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chriiiis View Post
    If anything, the fan base wanting them really badly had an effect there; which is a reason as to why we'll likely see these.
    I'm not sure the fandom really DOES want remakes. I think it's a sort of meme meant to bash the way people try to find hints that aren't there. If they do, the only reason they do is because the other two gens got their remake, so they think a remake of this is a foregone conclusion. Everything else is up for debate. I don't really have anything to say on the matter because I'm tired of everyone shoving this idea down our throats. It'll happen when it happens.
    Step into the Fairy circle

  13. #2533
    Registered User Chriiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: Not gonna happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriiiis View Post
    If anything, the fan base wanting them really badly had an effect there; which is a reason as to why we'll likely see these.
    I'm not sure the fandom really DOES want remakes. I think it's a sort of meme meant to bash the way people try to find hints that aren't there. If they do, the only reason they do is because the other two gens got their remake, so they think a remake of this is a foregone conclusion. Everything else is up for debate. I don't really have anything to say on the matter because I'm tired of everyone shoving this idea down our throats. It'll happen when it happens.
    Shoving what down your throats exactly? Feel free to browse around some of the other forums around, there are plenty of people who enjoyed RSE and would love to see the games remade. Where have you been exactly, haha? Besides, GameFreak may not have said anything about it themselves, but there are plenty of other developers out there who have mentioned fanbases being the reason they've gone out and made certain games. I'm not classifying them as one of them, but there's nothing really out there to say that it isn't a possibility either.

    I apologize for wording that a little oddly there; What I meant was that it was likely to have had an effect, especially considering Pokemon availability is out. Of course it isn't a promise, just hope really. The people who are considering every little thing a hint/only going by the fact we've had 2 remakes so far are on their own on this; Like you seemed to be saying, you can't be sure where they really stand on the matter. I'm personally a little tired of people assuming everyone is out to force their opinions on them/act like they are speaking on behalf of all fans. By the way you worded that first sentence, you're probably one of those who couldn't care less about them; Feel free to take it any way you want.


    Going back on topic, anyone think Mirage Island will make a return with different mechanics? It was way too rare for what it was used for back in the original games.
    Last edited by Chriiiis; 27th July 2012 at 09:22 AM.
    Don't you think Hoenn deserves to be at least this beautiful?


    Credit for the map goes to this person: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922

  14. #2534
    ...Manjoume-san-da!..... Jolty Febe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    ....does it matter anymore....
    Posts
    201

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    ......yes....i hope they have a r/s/e remake......i liked the contests, battle frontier, etc and hope the implement the black/white2 features...i don't mind a new story but I'd really still like brendan and a better designed may that's still may(not like lyra/kris).....i think they maybe we should just wait until gen 6 however because gen 5 doesn't have the most changed graphics in my opinion(compared to gen 4)...so it might be better to wait for some new games that have even better graphics than black/white2...though if gray amazes me w would like r/s/e in gen V....and maybe we could bring back pokemon following us around?.....
    .....I claimed Sandslash....7/27/12.....


  15. #2535
    Registered User Chriiiis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    What's wrong with May? XD

    B2W2 look pretty much like BW, new areas aside. RSE would look nice in the current Poke graphics, but kind of doubt they would make yet another DS game(with it coming to the end of it's life). It would be a little pointless to have the pretty much the same engine as Gen V if they were to hop over to the 3DS, so I wonder how exactly they'll look on their, with yet another engine change very likely to occur. O.o
    Don't you think Hoenn deserves to be at least this beautiful?


    Credit for the map goes to this person: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.com/art/Hoenn-BW-styled-map-251951922

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •