Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!) - Page 168

View Poll Results: When would you like R/S/E Remakes

Voters
410. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this generation

    195 47.56%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

    152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

    16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

    47 11.46%
Page 168 of 239 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

  1. #2506
    I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,286

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    I'm fine with them remaking or porting Emerald only, but I don't want it to be just some digital download. I want an actual 3DS card of it.
    Steelrush and Dread Advocate like this.

    Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

  2. #2507
    Simpler times ahead
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,365
    Blog Entries
    164

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    I'm fine with them remaking or porting Emerald only, but I don't want it to be just some digital download. I want an actual 3DS card of it.
    Digital Downloads of all upcoming Pokemon games would be a godsend though, as transferring Pokemon would be a walk in the park. Have RSEmakes in the system? Pop B2 into the game slot, and BAM, instant transfer. No need for 2 systems, and none of the pal park bull of the last gens. Physical will release along side it, but DD is definitely the way to go for Pokemon games. And even if there is no DD, Nintendo will hopefully allow digital instals of games soon.
    VeggiePopper likes this.

  3. #2508
    We all change The_Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    On the internetz
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    I also prefer actual 3DS game cards, but I think the Emerald Anniversary edition idea mentioned before would only be DD. From what I read, the game wouldn't be a full remake. It would just be Emerald with some updates and changes to make it work on its new platform. To get an actual release like with a game card and such, it would have to be a full fledged remake from scratch, but it wasn't. It was just a port with slight changes and additions.

    Aside from that, I wouldn't mind if all pokemon games had DD available like ^ said, but I too prefer having a physical game card. I don't mind buying DD games if a physical copy isn't readily available (like with Virtual Console games), but with new full games, I always prefer physical cards/discs.

  4. #2509
    Registered User Thepiplupstory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Distortion World
    Posts
    60
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    I personally think that they should make Ruby and Sapphire remakes, and then an Emerald Sequel. Although thats not like to happen, but they might do sequels because they di with B2W2.
    They definitely need to have a way to catch Hoenn pokemon because at this point you have to go through Pal Park, and Poketransfer. But, if they continue the remakes pattern, then they would have to do it again in G6 for Sinnoh, which would be weird because they are still playable even on 3DS and some stores still even sell Diamond and Pearl at this point. Unless of course they do DPPt sequels.

    But, you all notice how some events are rushed, the Anime is really short, especially compared to the Diamond and pearl series (52 episodes between just two badges) and B2W2 is coming out in America only a few months after the Japanese release. They actually might be rushing this generation so they could have Gen. 6 for 3DS out sooner.

    Another idea is that, what if they waited till gen. 6 and then made a remake for Hoenn and Sinnoh in one game, like GSCHGSS Did with Kanto and Johto. Except instead of pushing Sinnoh out as a Post-game plot like Kanto, they can make so you completely start over with new pokemon when you go there.
    But something really big might be happening, like I said how everything is being rushed, especially the anime. I personally feel that Unova is supposed to be like a new series, like the new Kanto even, because everything feels like a new start.

    But I really would love an RSE remake and/or sequel because the first game I played was Sapphire and you can't directly get Generation 3 pokemon into generation 5.
    Last edited by Thepiplupstory; 18th July 2012 at 02:14 PM.

  5. #2510
    Registered User Floris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Thepiplupstory View Post
    Another idea is that, what if they waited till gen. 6 and then made a remake for Hoenn and Sinnoh in one game, like GSCHGSS Did with Kanto and Johto. Except instead of pushing Sinnoh out as a Post-game plot like Kanto, they can make so you completely start over with new pokemon when you go there.
    But something really big might be happening, like I said how everything is being rushed, especially the anime. I personally feel that Unova is supposed to be like a new series, like the new Kanto even, because everything feels like a new start.
    generation 5.
    Shut up and take 500% of my money!
    Thepiplupstory likes this.
    My YouTube Vids (Pokémon White 2, Randomized Emerald and soon Platinum)

    -Why don't use Pokémon who you like instead of powerful ones? You'll have fun in every battle and winning gives more satisfaction!

  6. #2511
    Registered User ZetaZaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    As much as I love RSE, I think it's too soon for remakes. We need to see what the 6th Gen will bring us first. I'm glad they didn't remake it in the 5th Gen as it wouldn't have much improvement, just slightly better visuals. I think that the game is fine as it is for now. 1st and 2nd Gen had their reasons. I'd love seeing some sort of a sequel though.

    Whether they remake it or not, I'll love it for sure, even if it's a bland remake like FireRed (exactly the same game with updated visuals).

  7. #2512
    Registered User Thepiplupstory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Distortion World
    Posts
    60
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZetaZaku View Post
    As much as I love RSE, I think it's too soon for remakes. We need to see what the 6th Gen will bring us first. I'm glad they didn't remake it in the 5th Gen as it wouldn't have much improvement, just slightly better visuals. I think that the game is fine as it is for now. 1st and 2nd Gen had their reasons. I'd love seeing some sort of a sequel though.
    Well, Hoenn is the only region without the 3D graphics and animated trainer sprites, vs. sprites, etc. So it should get an updates remake, or sequel, because they can really expand on Hoenn's plot.

  8. #2513
    Doc Octillery FTW VeggiePopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Silent Bridge
    Posts
    4,489
    Blog Entries
    1
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Thepiplupstory View Post
    Well, Hoenn is the only region without the 3D graphics and animated trainer sprites, vs. sprites, etc.
    Those are mainly aesthetical improvements (and many of them were already solved thanks to the World Tournament allowing us to battle updated Hoenn trainers), not actual gameplay mechanics. Other than the physical/special types split, the current system is exactly the same as it was in Gen III. And Hoenn's plot was already wrapped up in Emerald, so I don't think that's enough to say that Hoenn remakes are "necessary" or "mandatory".

    As it's been said before, should there be Hoenn remakes waiting for us in Gen V, they would have saved Genesect for such games, since Meloetta and Keldeo's new forme were more than enough for advertising BW2, just like in Gen III they saved Doexys for FRLG and in Gen IV they saved Arceus for HGSS. But since that's not the case in this Gen, with all the event Pokémon announced and close to release, I see now way Game Freak could have a new Pokémon to advertise more Gen V games.

    Furthermore, the fact that during this Gen they're finally moving on with the Pokémon world timeline, it seems that this time they won't go back (at least for a while) to a game that in-universe, happened many, many years before. As of now, the only thing that's left is to wait for Gen VI's arrival probably next year, and hope they're still moving on. No need to go back yet.
    The_Doctor and H-con like this.


    Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

  9. #2514
    Registered User Thepiplupstory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Distortion World
    Posts
    60
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper View Post

    Furthermore, the fact that during this Gen they're finally moving on with the Pokémon world timeline, it seems that this time they won't go back (at least for a while) to a game that in-universe, happened many, many years before. As of now, the only thing that's left is to wait for Gen VI's arrival probably next year, and hope they're still moving on. No need to go back yet.
    Which is why they might choose sequels over remakes. RSE can't be bought in stores anymore and are difficult to find. Newer fans will have alot more trouble with the National Pokedex, because not all Hoenn Pokemon are found in Gen. 4 and 5. So, I think they should do a return to Hoenn either sequel or remake.

    But the World Tournament is a good point, so they at least have better sprites.

  10. #2515
    Registered User Floris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    I don't care, just give me more Hoenn and Sinnoh, wether it's a remake or a sequel, or a combination of two regions in one game, I don't care. Just give me more Hoenn and Sinnoh. Mainly Sinnoh, I like Sinnoh.
    Thepiplupstory likes this.
    My YouTube Vids (Pokémon White 2, Randomized Emerald and soon Platinum)

    -Why don't use Pokémon who you like instead of powerful ones? You'll have fun in every battle and winning gives more satisfaction!

  11. #2516
    Doc Octillery FTW VeggiePopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Silent Bridge
    Posts
    4,489
    Blog Entries
    1
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Thepiplupstory View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper View Post

    Furthermore, the fact that during this Gen they're finally moving on with the Pokémon world timeline, it seems that this time they won't go back (at least for a while) to a game that in-universe, happened many, many years before. As of now, the only thing that's left is to wait for Gen VI's arrival probably next year, and hope they're still moving on. No need to go back yet.
    Which is why they might choose sequels over remakes. RSE can't be bought in stores anymore and are difficult to find. Newer fans will have alot more trouble with the National Pokedex, because not all Hoenn Pokemon are found in Gen. 4 and 5. So, I think they should do a return to Hoenn either sequel or remake.

    But the World Tournament is a good point, so they at least have better sprites.
    Better sprites AND updated teams. What more do we want?

    Remember that New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the 3DS has been confirmed to be released both physycally and digitally, so there's no need to worry, Nintendo has climbed onto the digital release train and future Pokémon games will receive that treatment too. It's only about time that we'll get digital Pokémon games, and an enhanced port of RSE (with the Four Swords Anniversary treatment, as it has been previously suggested) would be the best way to start doing that: since it would save resources by only updating a game instead of remaking it from scratch, the risks of losing money if it doesn't do well would be minor, so it's the safest way to test the waters for that matter. And since that would be just a rerelease instead of a new "game" (in the sense that FRLG and HGSS were "new games"), there would be no need to worry with the timeline and retcon the plot.

    On the necessity to have full RSEmakes, I still don't see such necessity. There were so many changes between Gens I, II and III that by the time RS came out, even Crystal (the prevoius game, and only 2 years old by the time RS were released) looked AND PLAYED very dated: double (and later, triple) battles, abilities, natures, contest stats and the version mascot as the main focus of the story... There were so many changes, thus, Gens I and II needed to be updated if we wanted them to feel fresh again. But after Gen III, not many changes have been made. You can pick up your old GBA cartridge and, apart from the graphics, the gameplay will be exactly as it would on a brand new BW2 card. So I fail very much in seeing the "urgent necessity to update Gen III". The only reason I'd find to have Gen III games again is for Hoenn Pokémon availabiliy, but that can be esily solved with a mere updated rerelease, plus the advantages already pointed out (no need to have two systems and pass thorugh a tedious transfer mechanic). So no, please no more remakes until the franchise reinvents itself again like it did in Gen III.


    Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

  12. #2517
    Registered User Thepiplupstory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Distortion World
    Posts
    60
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Those are all good points, but it still does look and feel relatively old, but just buying it on 3DS as the same game is a smart idea. But alot of fans want complete remakes. Pokemon may have games on Digital Release, but Main series games aren't very likely. They probably would do just side series games.

  13. #2518
    Kung Fu Pancham! Rocky505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In your mom's room
    Posts
    1,232

    Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZetaZaku View Post
    As much as I love RSE, I think it's too soon for remakes. We need to see what the 6th Gen will bring us first. I'm glad they didn't remake it in the 5th Gen as it wouldn't have much improvement, just slightly better visuals. I think that the game is fine as it is for now. 1st and 2nd Gen had their reasons. I'd love seeing some sort of a sequel though.

    Whether they remake it or not, I'll love it for sure, even if it's a bland remake like FireRed (exactly the same game with updated visuals).
    It's not too soon(if it is then it is by just a few months). Hgss came out 10 years after gsc and we are nearing the 10 year mark of Rse. Frlg only came out before the 10 year mark because of fans complaints about not being able to get the classic rby Pokemon.
    Thepiplupstory likes this.

    "I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

  14. #2519
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Don't see Main games beinf released digitaly... people forget the only reason HG/SS were made was to cash in on nostalgia they didn't need to be remade because you could already get all the Johto Pokemon... HG/SS as cool as they are were cash-in's the only remakes we really needed was FR/LG... R/S are completely unplayable on the current handheld (the 3DS) and they aren't being sold anymore... so remaking R/S would be pretty profitable for not only pure nostalgia but as a way to bring Hoenn to the kids who started after it...
    Thepiplupstory likes this.
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

  15. #2520
    Fossil Expert Sir Turtlelot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cinnabar Island
    Posts
    180

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Don't see Main games beinf released digitaly... people forget the only reason HG/SS were made was to cash in on nostalgia they didn't need to be remade because you could already get all the Johto Pokemon... HG/SS as cool as they are were cash-in's the only remakes we really needed was FR/LG... R/S are completely unplayable on the current handheld (the 3DS) and they aren't being sold anymore... so remaking R/S would be pretty profitable for not only pure nostalgia but as a way to bring Hoenn to the kids who started after it...
    To be fair, both things you said can go both ways. We can get all of the Hoenn pokemon on the current DS titles, and GSC were not compatible with the DS.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •