152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 167 of 239 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    So apparently, in B2W2, the Team Rocket Grunt from Cerulean City is no longer living in his house. He's replaced with a happily married couple (and a Sound Designer). The couple? The woman was a former Aqua Grunt, and the man a former Magma grunt. Or Archie got gender reassignment surgery.

Translation via @bluesun
    Roughneck♂: I wanted to expand the land, but I realised that it would cause problems for the Pokemon that live in the sea... oh, keep this a secret from my love!
    Ranger♀: A long time ago, I tried to expand the seas, but in doing so the Pokemon living on land would decrease. If that happened, the Pokemon of the seas would surely be sad... ah! keep this a secret from my darling!

I'd say RSEquels are more likely, especially since a sequel following up the Emerald plot makes more sense. I'd personally want them to release Emerald on the 3DS virtual console so that you can do a Memory Link with it
    From this point on, sequels over remakes are likely. Not because of B2W2, but because of what Gen 5 brought in terms of the gyms mostly, and the plot.
    -People would not be able to get used to split Marts/centers after gen 5. While they would be remakes, they would have to retcon things to put them together.
    -They would need an explanation for the gyms getting special buildings when it was a more unified look when the games take place in the canon.
    -Getting people used to the region would be great with sequels that are more focused plot wise, ala Unova. I know that sounds sad, but lets face it, kids of today would be fucking lost unlike the kids we were 10 years ago.
    -Sequels would allow mossdeep to get numbed. Another factor that remakes would be bad for. Mossdeep was a freaking difficulty curve from hell, and emulating it would be brutal.

On the downside, new characters would be introduced, as Brendan/May would be 18 or so in the current time span, let alone any future time spans.

I'd personally want them to release Emerald on the 3DS virtual console so that you can do a Memory Link with it.
    I don't think that Ruby and Sapphire or Emerald would work with a virtual console release. At least not the way they are. They would probably have to make some changes.

If Ruby/Sapphire:
    1. Make trading possible with the 3DS infrared connection somehow.
    2. Toss the National Pokedex because it couldn't be completed anyways.
    3. Connect the clock in RS to the 3DS clock.

If just Emerald:
    1. Make trading possible with 3DS infrared connection somehow.
    2. Toss the National Pokedex because it couldn't be completed anyways.
    3. Connect the clock in Emerald to the 3DS clock.
    4. Re-include Pokemon that were obtainable in RS, but not in Emerald (Surskit line, Meditite line, Seviper, Solrock, and Roselia) http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Emerald_Version#Missing_Pok.C3.A9mon

Unless these changes were made, they probably couldn't be released on VC; and if they were released on VC without these changes, they would be broken games.
    8ther likes this.

I think they should bring back the poketch and make the C-Gear interchangeable with it on the bottom screen.

(KING WITH PORTALS
    NOW YOU'RE THIN)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Unless these changes were made, they probably couldn't be released on VC; and if they were released on VC without these changes, they would be broken games.
    Though I didn't say it (since its not really the topic), I thought those changes were implied. Personally, I had also assumed changing Emerald so that all Hoenn Pokemon would be available in it without trading since its a single-version release.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 13th July 2012 at 12:52 PM.
    The_Doctor likes this.

Ambitious Creator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Steelrush On Twitter Add Steelrush on Facebook Add Steelrush on MySpace
    Add Steelrush on Linkedin Follow Steelrush on Tumblr Follow Steelrush on Flickr Visit Steelrush's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by TheCapsFan View Post
    Yay, my favorite debate thread is back! :D

RSEquels, RSEmakes, I don't really give a shit as long as we go back to Hoenn before Gen VII.
    I don't blame you at all, I feel almost 100% the exact same way.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Though I didn't say it (since its not really the topic), I thought those changes were implied. Personally, I had also assumed changing Emerald so that all Hoenn Pokemon would be available in it without trading since its a single-version release.
    That's cool. I thought they were pretty obvious, I just wanted to make sure by listing them. I don't know which I would prefer though. I kinda hope they just do Ruby and Sapphire remakes instead of a sequel. A sequel (after Emerald VC release) would be okay, but whatever. As long as we go back to Hoenn in a good way within the next 2-3 years.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

I'm curios to why anyone would say sequels are more likely when you consider that on the 3DS, the GBA games would be inaccessible (unless a port to the eShop happens, of course), and in a franchise that revolves so much around kids, I doubt it would be a good idea to make sequels without having the previous game that they build upon, and I honestly don't see them both spending effort on launching them on the eShop and then making another Hoenn-game for the 3DS. I would rather have just eShop release and be done with it, though I find the notion of just having remakes in gen VI a much more reasonable guess than both a eShop release and a sequel.
    The_Doctor and sonic10158 like this.

^ Yeah, I think RSEmakes are much more likely than RSEquels too. I think RSEquels would be awkward, plus people can just deal with whatever changes are made.

I don;t know how hard GF can wrk, but perhaps they can do both RSEmakes and RSEquels on the 3DS platform!
    My YouTube Vids (Pokémon White 2, Randomized Emerald and soon Platinum)

-Why don't use Pokémon who you like instead of powerful ones? You'll have fun in every battle and winning gives more satisfaction!

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I dont really see them making sequels for RSE, they havent done that for anything except B/W so far. Id rather just revisit Hoenn to be honest, updated with 3DS graphics and game mechanics.

Ambitious Creator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Steelrush On Twitter Add Steelrush on Facebook Add Steelrush on MySpace
    Add Steelrush on Linkedin Follow Steelrush on Tumblr Follow Steelrush on Flickr Visit Steelrush's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Frost View Post
    I dont really see them making sequels for RSE, they havent done that for anything except B/W so far. Id rather just revisit Hoenn to be honest, updated with 3DS graphics and game mechanics.
    And have our Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon there too?
    :D

Quote Originally Posted by Steelrush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Frost View Post
    And have our Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon there too?
    :D
    Maybe some, but definitely not until post-game. Until post-game, I think that the regional pokedex should remain very similar to the original. Of course they would need to add the new evolutions to Hoenn native pokemon that were introduced in Gen IV (Ex: Gallade). But other than that, it should stay mostly the same.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

I would like them to keep the "roaming legendaries" to a minimum. The idea to me just seems like a lazy way to put them out. Like the Legendary Birds in D&P, it just seemed to me that GF decided at the last minute "hey, lets put three past legendaries in the game just for the heck of it!"

I'm fine with them putting both Latios AND Latias as roaming legendaries, but no more please! If they add Regigigas and Manaphy/Phione (fingers crossed), include side quests involving them that take longer than 2-3 minutes to complete.

Also, I would like to see Game Freak put in an actual side quest for Deoxys, and not just some Wifi giveaway.
    Dread Advocate likes this.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    I would like them to keep the "roaming legendaries" to a minimum. The idea to me just seems like a lazy way to put them out. Like the Legendary Birds in D&P, it just seemed to me that GF decided at the last minute "hey, lets put three past legendaries in the game just for the heck of it!"

I'm fine with them putting both Latios AND Latias as roaming legendaries, but no more please! If they add Regigigas and Manaphy/Phione (fingers crossed), include side quests involving them that take longer than 2-3 minutes to complete.

Also, I would like to see Game Freak put in an actual side quest for Deoxys, and not just some Wifi giveaway.
    This. Especially Regigigas. Regigigas must be included in-game with a connection to the Regis (of course). Manaphy and Deoxys would also be great side quest additions, especially if they take more than an hour. A Deoxys sidequest would go great with the Mossdeep Space Center. Whether we go to the moon as many hoped back in the day, or if Deoxys crashes down into Mossdeep, it would be great.

How would everyone feel about Emerald getting the Four Swords: Anniversary Edition treatment? The anniversary of Ruby and Sapphire is approaching, and such a game could well accomodate it.

Basically, instead of completely remaking the game, or releasing it directly on the Virtual Console, making an enhanced port for 3DS and distributing it through the digital service of the platform. (I wouldn't completely discount DSiWare, especially because the game is in a 4:3 aspect ratio which they probably wouldn't change; but, obviously, a 3DS-directed release is much more likely even with that in mind.)

So, Pokémon Emerald: Anniversary Edition.

A port would allow many things a direct release that would work under 3DS's GBA emulator wouldn't. First and foremost, all the connectivity problems wouldn't be an issue. With the Global Link, PokéTransfer and many other (potentially future) options that would only require the use of the game's save, it's not hard to think of a way of transferring Pokémon from Emerald: Anniversary Edition to newer versions. As a native 3DS game, it would be able to use 3DS's wireless infrastructure for trades and battles as well -- even StreetPass and SpotPass, which could allow a revised way of distribution to the game's special events, and otherwise unobtainable Pokémon, like Jirachi. Other minor technical issues, like the clock, can also be managed thanks to this.

Also an interesting potential is the fact for the same reason (the game being a native 3DS game rather than an emulated ROM image) is that they could touch upon details of the games and enhance it in various ways. Who doesn't want to see a Jirachi event? Wouldn't it be great if Courtney was battleable, unlike in the original Emerald? Wouldn't the Trainer Hill work beautifully with SpotPass, for not only the original partly unaccessible trainers from the Japanese e-Reader sets, but also new ones? Even online features wouldn't be too hard to implement, and that is especially interesting to consider, because it would become the first and only way of experiencing the Gen3 game mechanics online (unlike the Gen2 ones, which are possible in the Japanese version of Crystal). It's not hard to imagine other kinds of enhancements; from technical ones, to even story tweaks and additions.

Regarding the availability; obviously, Emerald has to be the version to be released -- releasing an Anniversary Edition of all Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald wouldn't have much sense. Several things can be done. One idea is determining the wild Pokémon appearing in each player's game in a similar way to how it was determined whether Latios or Latias would be obtainable in Emerald. For example, choosing a Ruby-based or a Sapphire-based wild Pokémon roster in the introduction of the game or, more interestingly, literally moving the Eons determing question at the begin of the game. Another idea would be having all Hoenn's Pokémon families available in the game. The Gen1 remakes could (and should!) also get a similar treatment to what I describe, which would enable the National Pokédex to be completed, if use of events through, say, SpotPass is also made.

I'd personally be very happy with something like this! It wouldn't be as raw as a Virtual Console release, and would be able to have elements a remake would introduce -- optimizing the game all-around. At the same time, it would take neither take as long to make as a remake, nor tire the series promotion-wise. It would be a wonderful way to (re)experience the RSE (and the RGB/FRLG one as well later, hopefully!) adventure!
    Last edited by Ash_Pokemaster; 15th July 2012 at 11:50 AM.