I thought it would be a good idea to put Galactic boss Cyrus in the game after you beat the pokemon league. But I see no way of him making his exit from the Distortion Realm.
2. While we have little evidence, all the evidence we have points to Gen 6 starting in 2013. It's quite obvious to me actually. Just look at the facts: Genesect's early announcement, Nintendo pressuring GF into moving onto the 3DS, the anime going faster than ever and almost being over in Japan (Ash already has 8 badges there), and even more reasons than I care to explain because at this point, there is no argument for a 2014 Gen VI.
What I would prefer in the R/S/E remakes:
- Yes, this probably sounds trivial, however, one of my favorite features of HG/SS was the first Pokemon in my team being able to come out of his/her pokeball and follow my character from behind.
If that isn't included in the Ruby/Sapphire remakes, Game Freak can say goodbye to me supporting them.
- Migration/transfer feature:
This needs to be included, I would love to have my Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon with me through my next journey in Hoenn. Again, if Game Freak doesn't put this in, I'll stop buying their games.
- This probably won't be likely, but I'd love it if Silver could play a role in the games. He's an a-hole at the start (although he turns cool later on), however, it'd boost the quality of the games if he was in them, and could be fought (just as long as he doesn't replace May/Brendan). He certainly has the coolest battle music.
- Additional regions:
As with HG/SS, it would be nice if you could visit the Sinnoh or Unova regions (or both) in the Ruby/Sapphire remakes. The player could take a boat-cruise over there and go on another adventure (and possibly catch Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem).
The battle frontier was a bonus added in Emerald, Heart Gold, Platinum, and Soul Silver to give the player something to do after they're finished with the elite 4.
In HG/SS versions, the player can explore the Kanto region, has the pokelathon competition, the pal park, and can capture Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza (after collecting the Kanto gym badges) in an area that wasn't even in gold/silver/crystal versions.
I think Game Freak should do stuff like that with the Ruby/Sapphire remakes, and have something like that tower in Johto (where the player catches the Hoenn legendary Pokemon), where they could catch Dialga, Palkia, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Giratina, and other Pokemon like them as well.
- Clock-based feature having a role once again:
One thing about G3 that I didn't like was the of the "time-of-day" function being removed. In G4, it regained significance once again. Like before, the time of day based on the clock-setting affected the light during the day and night, when Pokemon appear, when you could battle certain gym leaders again, and this time even the music was affected.
I think it would be cool if this was included in the Ruby/Sapphire remakes.
- Team Aqua and Team Magma having a more interesting agenda than just altering the world's landmass/sea level:
This logic is stupid. Expanding the land mass or flooding the planet doesn't make it a better place. Archie and Maxie must have been dropped when they were little. Cyrus, Ghetsis, and even Giovanni know better than that.
Team Galactic, Team Plasma, and even Team Rocket's plot was much more interesting and intuitive then those poorly illustrated ideas.
I mean really, these guys are just plain dumb; unintelligent agenda, incredible fanaticism, and a blind faith in an idea that can damage the planet beyond repair.
Also, I wonder how it would effect the story if N played a role in this...
- As for the graphics, I don't know if I'd rather see them in the overworld sprite form, or in 3D model rendering like in Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness.
- Probably the most important requirement: These games should be on the 3DS, that system has unbelievably advanced hardware. The remakes would definitely gain a massive boost in quality from what the 3DS has to offer.
Overall, I think Game Freak should make these games. It would really benefit them if they invested in this, along with us as well.
Last edited by Steelrush; 9th July 2012 at 02:19 PM.
Yes new areas are very likely. Every remake and 3rd game since crystal gave us a new area/areas to explore.
"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"
I just wonder how large the new areas will be and wheter or not we can surf between them. I never really cared for having to use the ferries in the sevii isles
I wouldn't mind if they were on the DS, as long as they were compatable with BW and BW2. Thats if it's in Gen V that is.
I would hate if they started out Gen VI with the remakes. Wouldn't feel right, plus, it would screw the whole system for awhile.
I'd love to see R/S/E remakes, they are some of my favorite Pokemon games. DS/3DS doesn't really matter to me, I have both. As long as they continue making the games compatible I'll be happy.
i think they need:
day and night (stated earlier but VERY much needed in the games)
to make mirage island have more chances to appear (idk how i just know the island annoys me)
and maybe something where rayquaza and deoxys meet and you have to catch one to fight the other(and you can catch both but only have to get one)
wutever i just hope they make the remakes...
So apparently, in B2W2, the Team Rocket Grunt from Cerulean City is no longer living in his house. He's replaced with a happily married couple (and a Sound Designer). The couple? The woman was a former Aqua Grunt, and the man a former Magma grunt. Or Archie got gender reassignment surgery.
Translation via @bluesun
I'd say RSEquels are more likely, especially since a sequel following up the Emerald plot makes more sense. I'd personally want them to release Emerald on the 3DS virtual console so that you can do a Memory Link with it.Roughneck♂: I wanted to expand the land, but I realised that it would cause problems for the Pokemon that live in the sea... oh, keep this a secret from my love!
Ranger♀: A long time ago, I tried to expand the seas, but in doing so the Pokemon living on land would decrease. If that happened, the Pokemon of the seas would surely be sad... ah! keep this a secret from my darling!