152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 163 of 239 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Ugh... I was joking about those caves being Hoenn hints... who would take the seriously? -__-

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantiz View Post

By the way, the Magma and Aqua caves in B2W2 may be one more hint for RSE remakes in Generation V.
    If anything, they imply the opposite.

Why go through the trouble of creating important, Hoenn-related version exclusive locations if we're just going to go to the actual region and get the exact same content next year?
    type of advertisng or getting newcomers used to it JK. But remember Platinum gave us minor stuff pointing to HGSS so it's possible there maybe something in B2W2 that'll point to RS remakes.

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

I'd LOVE remakes, and as soon as possible! R/S/E were my favorites and still stand and the games I enjoyed the most. The only problem is that they still feel very RECENT to me, unlike all generations before them.

Blog Entries

I hope that no one is seriously expecting to see remakes next year rather than a new generation, considering that we know Genesect is going to be revealed soon. Time constraints are the only reason why they would choose to reveal three event Pokémon so close together.
    Last edited by Silktree; 15th June 2012 at 08:41 AM.
    The_Doctor likes this.

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I hope that no one is seriously expecting to see remakes next year rather than a new generation, considering that we know Genesect is going to be revealed soon. Time constraints are the only reason why they would choose to reveal three event Pokémon so close together.
    People can hope for whatever they want until we get new info.

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

I honestly don't get why people think Pt and HGSS happen at the same time. With Pt being the canon version, it means there was no Red Gyarados report. I know there's that guy who says he filmed the Red Gyarados, but we don't know if he meant recently. For all we know, he meant when it happened he was there, and now he's here to film another event. And I don't know how people think FRLG and RSE happen at the same time, either. That's just silly and grgh. OTL But opinions, tralala...

I think the biggest hint is the version-exclusive magma/aqua caves in B2W2. Seriously. If the HGSS speculation page can claim that the floors of the DPPt Pokemon center are hints for HGSS, then this is a major MAJOR hint for RSEmakes. I don't care if they come before or after Gen VI, as long as they show up.
    SuperSqueaky likes this.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Oh boy, here comes this long list...

First of all, everything updated to Black/White style, seasons, time, "taller" sprites, those things must be covered. The Pokedex, it would have the same 202, nothing added from Unova, except evolved forms and pre-evolved forms of Pokemon that were in the Gen III Pokedex (Froslass, Rhyperior, Chingling, etc.). Now the thing is, remaking them with the same characters and story would interfere with the Pokemon Timeline: Gen I/III > Gen II/IV > Gen V (BW) > Gen V (B2W2), remaking this would assume that Gen I, III, and V are the same, which won't make sense as Cynthia mentions events from Platinum, that Team Rocket guy, etc.

So this will be more of a sequel, you might start in a different town a new location perhaps? A-ha! Dead South of the route connecting Fortree and Mauville there is an empty island that is rather large in size, we could start there! The only changes (just so it doesn't interfere with the timeline) would be character design, mention of the previous "Hero", or better yet Brendan and May could appear in game themselves. Also Norman wouldn't be your father since you are a new character, rival could be a complete new design, Gym Leader order would have to change if you start there...

Now the Legendaries, everything Emerald offered you + other minor Legendaries from other regions, I could see them sticking in Regigigas for sure, anything else is fair-game too I suppose. Another interesting idea I had, in Hg/Ss you can get a Hoenn starter from Steven. This time around you can get a Sinnoh starter from Cynthia. Oh yes and Steven is the Champion with Wallace as an Elite Four (Kicking one of the first three out, although I must admit I like the first one).

Ruby and Sapphire with Emerald clothes.
    Wally, battling a little bit more since he is a rival.
    Battle Frontier(couldn't expierenced in the stoopid emulator).
    Elite Four with varied pokemon PLEEZ.
    Sounds great.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmpoleonProd View Post
    Now the thing is, remaking them with the same characters and story would interfere with the Pokemon Timeline: Gen I/III > Gen II/IV > Gen V (BW) > Gen V (B2W2), remaking this would assume that Gen I, III, and V are the same, which won't make sense as Cynthia mentions events from Platinum, that Team Rocket guy, etc.
    Remaking Gen III shouldn't bother the timeline, unless the games themselves have things or quotes etc mentioning the events of BW or Gen IV
    The_Doctor likes this.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries

It's about time people accept trading as gameplay and story segregation. We have BW and BW2 able to trade with each other with no restrictions, all you need is the C-Gear. Unless specific plot elements call out to it, trading is simply a mechanic.

@FairyRed;
    Jasmine's dialogue and subsequent trade makes Platinum contemporary to HgSs.

Anyone who's played DPPt contests will know that none of the top-tier coordinators(Jasmine, Johanna, Fantina) participate in Master Rank until after the Elite 4, even if you've gotten Master Rank by your fourth badge.
    Erika: "Hi, Jasmine. I heard Whitney from Goldenrod City said you were too plain and should look more fancy. Is that true?"
    Jasmine: "Yes... I'm thinking maybe I should participate in this Contest in Sinnoh to try and be more vibrant..."
    Erika:"How did it go?"
    Jasmine: "I couldn't bring myself to go to the Contest."
    Erika: "Oh, I see... Then why don't you try putting on something especially gorgeous?"
    Jasmine: "Ah, yes! Maybe I can bring myself to enter the Contest!"
    Now this is said in Kanto, when registering Erika's phone number. What's interesting is Erika asking "How did it go?", as it implies Jasmine had gone to Sinnoh and not participate in the contest. This is in line with her very first appearance in Sunyshore City, before the league. I had already noted earlier that Jasmine does not appear in Master Rank contests until post-league.

Now we know she participates post-game, and Erika had convinced her to "[put] on something especially gorgeous" to bring up her confidence so she can join the contests. This suggests that Jasmine goes back to Sinnoh. This suggests that while the player was going on getting their gym badges in Johto, Jasmine had taken a little vacation and returned to talk about it with Erika in Kanto.

Now what is even more interesting is the trade Jasmine offers you post-game after her rematch, in which she trades you her contest Pokemon, Rusty. Yes, Rusty does not have its Contest moveset, but that is a simple oversight of Game Freak, given that Rusty's moveset isn't special and is dependent on what level its traded at (i.e., level up moves) and is hardly an argument against its validity. It's the simplest assumption to make, whereas other people who try to refute this point try to claim Jasmine has multiple Steelix named Rusty, ignoring that having multiple with the same nickname contradicts the purpose of nicknaming in the first place. Jasmine, therefore, intertwines the events of Platinum and HgSs.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 30th June 2012 at 01:16 AM.
    The_Doctor and Saiga like this.

I don't get why people believe that if Game Freak releases two games in the same generation it means their story lines are contemporaneous .-.

Blog Entries

Because dialogue often points to it? I mean, the Outrage posted some evidence right there.

Sure, we shouldn't go crazy trying to build a timeline but but on what we're given I think it's safe to say D/P/Pt and HGSS are contemporaneous. Generation III on the other hand, I don't really know about.
    Last edited by Ambipom666; 30th June 2012 at 04:15 PM.
    The_Doctor likes this.
    Kanto's Route 23 doesn't exist in the Johto games!

My ideas for a more game-faithful Best Wishes! series.

The Jewel Party

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion *READ FIRST POST*

I hope we get RSEmakes in gen 6. I think that BW2 are the last Gen 5 games, and that Gen 6 will be released in 2013 on 3DS. After that, I bet RSEmakes will be made. I for one can't wait because Sapphire was my first ever Pokemon game. :D

Since you guys seem to be talking a bit about a Pokemon timeline, I think it goes something like:

RSE-FRLG-HGSS/DPPt-BW-BW2
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 30th June 2012 at 07:59 PM.
    sonic10158 likes this.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

To be honest, as much as I enjoyed Ruby and Sapphire, I hope that the remakes use the Emerald plot where you fought Aqua at Slateport, then you fought Magma at Mt. Chimney, etc.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

There is no way for me to even begin to explain how overjoyed I would be if they re-made Ruby and Sapphire! I started with pokemon Yellow, completely missed Johto, and the first game I actually understood what I was doing was in Sapphire. I would love if they also made sure to keep the secret bases you were able to make!
    The_Doctor likes this.
    (For Trading and Battling) SoulSilver FC: 0603-9660-9297

(For Item Trading) Diamond FC: 1720-7301-7349

Bashing your head into someones fist is a legitimate fighting style.... Jimmy had TWO broken hands, I only had ONE fractured skull *Scoreboard*