152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 162 of 239 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

I think they COULD wait until Gen VI... could you imagine Hoenn on the 3DS? beautiful...
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnSilver View Post
    Id like to ask why several people here dont want these remakes on the 3DS? What's wrong with it being on that system.
    Because they don't own 3DSes yet, probably.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Pokemon is moving the the 3DS eventually, most likely with Gen 6 which may be out in a year or two. The DS is an outdated system and I think after BW2, Game Freak is going to move away from the DS an put Gen 6 on the 3DS and then make RS remakes for that system as well.
    sonic10158 likes this.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Since Game Freak is doing the onixpected now-a-days, maybe at the E3 3DS presentation tomorrow, they could announce RS remakes for the 3DS?

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Since Game Freak is doing the onixpected now-a-days, maybe at the E3 3DS presentation tomorrow, they could announce RS remakes for the 3DS?
    I don't know Sonic... B/W2 isn't even out yet but it would be kinda cool
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

Id like to ask why several people here dont want these remakes on the 3DS? What's wrong with it being on that system.
    And what's wrong with it being released in Generation 5, exactly?

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Nothing really, I was asking what the DS could do for a remake that the 3DS cant and why it would be better for the old system vs the new one.

Blog Entries

Nothing really, I was asking what the DS could do for a remake that the 3DS cant and why it would be better for the old system vs the new one.
    That much I can agree with. It would be better for the 3DS, though it will probably be released in generation 5.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Exor View Post
    Extending generation V would be rather unfortunate for pokémon's shift to the 3DS. A pokémon DS game in 2012 is acceptable, but if we're going into 2013, then it would get too late, considering how long the 3DS would have been out at that time. In addition, shifting to the 3DS in generation V would be a mistake, at least if done on remakes. Development of those games would take serious amount of work and would stall out generation VI. That, and there is no actual need for both remakes and more games in generation V when BW2 have come out, making the shift to 3DS easier and then making remakes more viable.

That's why gen VI is a better option if you want them.
    sonic10158 likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    Extending generation V would be rather unfortunate for pokémon's shift to the 3DS. A pokémon DS game in 2012 is acceptable, but if we're going into 2013, then it would get too late, considering how long the 3DS would have been out at that time. In addition, shifting to the 3DS in generation V would be a mistake, at least if done on remakes. Development of those games would take serious amount of work and would stall out generation VI. That, and there is no actual need for both remakes and more games in generation V when BW2 have come out, making the shift to 3DS easier and then making remakes more viable.

Why must generation 6 come out really soon? I never understood why people think generation 5 is going to be the shortest generation, it only makes sense for it to be the longest. The gap between generations has only been widening, so by this logic Generation 6 won't be released until late 2014 or 2015. 2016 is a possibility too, really, though it's less likely. That seems like plenty of time to get the R/S remakes in there.

And is it really so bad to start Pokemon on the 3DS with remakes?

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post

Why must generation 6 come out really soon? I never understood why people think generation 5 is going to be the shortest generation, it only makes sense for it to be the longest. The gap between generations has only been widening, so by this logic Generation 6 won't be released until late 2014 or 2015. 2016 is a possibility too, really, though it's less likely. That seems like plenty of time to get the R/S remakes in there.

No, it can't possibly be so bad to start Pokemon on the 3DS with remakes, especially if the remakes just so happen to blow everybody away with what content they're able to translate from the new and improved hardware.

Yet someone is bound to whine about it anyways, so I've decided to just let them. (Definitely not pointing any fingers; I haven't seen much yet that actually constitutes as whining, and if I have, I don't remember it.)

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

A 2013 launch of a DS game to last out to at least 2014 on the DS is something that's just not viable. The AR searcher and Pokédex Pro is evidence enough that they want to shift over to the 3DS and give an incentive to actually buy it. By 2015, the 3DS have been out for what, 4-4.5 years? Are you implying we're going to go that long without a main series pokémon game?

Point is, I don't see them using more resources developing a remake as the first game for the 3DS instead of using already existing tech, and even then, remakes takes a considerable effort to make, HGSS being the prime example. I don't see how they could divert extra resources to making a new set of remakes while simultaneously making BW2 and developing gen VI and the engine for the 3DS. It doesn't add up. That is why I'd rather want them to use the resources to develop gen VI for the 3DS, and launch that in late 2013. Yes, it will short down gen V, but honestly, that would have been expected, seeing how it uses the same console as gen V. There is little to no signs that gen V will be longer than gen IV the way I see it.

I don't see how remakes can't wait, but actual new content can't? What is so imperative with getting them this generation, so that the patterns the fanbase drools over can be followed, patterns that have no continuity? I honestly don't see why it can't wait until at least gen VI.
    sonic10158 and bennett like this.

Blog Entries

I agree.

By the way, the Magma and Aqua caves in B2W2 may be one more hint for RSE remakes in Generation V.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantiz View Post

By the way, the Magma and Aqua caves in B2W2 may be one more hint for RSE remakes in Generation V.
    If anything, they imply the opposite.

Why go through the trouble of creating important, Hoenn-related version exclusive locations if we're just going to go to the actual region and get the exact same content next year?
    YamiiDenryuu likes this.

Blog Entries

If you say so ^^