Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!) - Page 162

View Poll Results: When would you like R/S/E Remakes

Voters
410. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this generation

    195 47.56%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

    152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

    16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

    47 11.46%
Page 162 of 239 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

  1. #2416
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    I think they COULD wait until Gen VI... could you imagine Hoenn on the 3DS? beautiful...
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

  2. #2417
    zzz YamiiDenryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    1,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnSilver View Post
    Id like to ask why several people here dont want these remakes on the 3DS? What's wrong with it being on that system.
    Because they don't own 3DSes yet, probably.

  3. #2418
    Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    22,013
    Blog Entries
    199
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Pokemon is moving the the 3DS eventually, most likely with Gen 6 which may be out in a year or two. The DS is an outdated system and I think after BW2, Game Freak is going to move away from the DS an put Gen 6 on the 3DS and then make RS remakes for that system as well.
    sonic10158 likes this.

  4. #2419
    I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,286

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Since Game Freak is doing the onixpected now-a-days, maybe at the E3 3DS presentation tomorrow, they could announce RS remakes for the 3DS?

    Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

  5. #2420
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Since Game Freak is doing the onixpected now-a-days, maybe at the E3 3DS presentation tomorrow, they could announce RS remakes for the 3DS?
    I don't know Sonic... B/W2 isn't even out yet but it would be kinda cool
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

  6. #2421
    ε(´3`)з crystallineEntropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    5,095
    Blog Entries
    152

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnSilver View Post
    Id like to ask why several people here dont want these remakes on the 3DS? What's wrong with it being on that system.
    And what's wrong with it being released in Generation 5, exactly?

  7. #2422
    Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    22,013
    Blog Entries
    199
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Nothing really, I was asking what the DS could do for a remake that the 3DS cant and why it would be better for the old system vs the new one.

  8. #2423
    ε(´3`)з crystallineEntropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    5,095
    Blog Entries
    152

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by PkmnSilver View Post
    Nothing really, I was asking what the DS could do for a remake that the 3DS cant and why it would be better for the old system vs the new one.
    That much I can agree with. It would be better for the 3DS, though it will probably be released in generation 5.

  9. #2424
    Hψ=Eψ H-con's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    63°25′50″N10°23′42″E
    Posts
    4,676
    Blog Entries
    52
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Exor View Post
    And what's wrong with it being released in Generation 5, exactly?
    Extending generation V would be rather unfortunate for pokémon's shift to the 3DS. A pokémon DS game in 2012 is acceptable, but if we're going into 2013, then it would get too late, considering how long the 3DS would have been out at that time. In addition, shifting to the 3DS in generation V would be a mistake, at least if done on remakes. Development of those games would take serious amount of work and would stall out generation VI. That, and there is no actual need for both remakes and more games in generation V when BW2 have come out, making the shift to 3DS easier and then making remakes more viable.

    That's why gen VI is a better option if you want them.
    sonic10158 likes this.

  10. #2425
    ε(´3`)з crystallineEntropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    5,095
    Blog Entries
    152

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Exor View Post
    And what's wrong with it being released in Generation 5, exactly?
    Extending generation V would be rather unfortunate for pokémon's shift to the 3DS. A pokémon DS game in 2012 is acceptable, but if we're going into 2013, then it would get too late, considering how long the 3DS would have been out at that time. In addition, shifting to the 3DS in generation V would be a mistake, at least if done on remakes. Development of those games would take serious amount of work and would stall out generation VI. That, and there is no actual need for both remakes and more games in generation V when BW2 have come out, making the shift to 3DS easier and then making remakes more viable.

    That's why gen VI is a better option if you want them.
    Why must generation 6 come out really soon? I never understood why people think generation 5 is going to be the shortest generation, it only makes sense for it to be the longest. The gap between generations has only been widening, so by this logic Generation 6 won't be released until late 2014 or 2015. 2016 is a possibility too, really, though it's less likely. That seems like plenty of time to get the R/S remakes in there.

    And is it really so bad to start Pokemon on the 3DS with remakes?

  11. #2426
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    27

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Exor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Exor View Post
    And what's wrong with it being released in Generation 5, exactly?
    Extending generation V would be rather unfortunate for pokémon's shift to the 3DS. A pokémon DS game in 2012 is acceptable, but if we're going into 2013, then it would get too late, considering how long the 3DS would have been out at that time. In addition, shifting to the 3DS in generation V would be a mistake, at least if done on remakes. Development of those games would take serious amount of work and would stall out generation VI. That, and there is no actual need for both remakes and more games in generation V when BW2 have come out, making the shift to 3DS easier and then making remakes more viable.

    That's why gen VI is a better option if you want them.
    Why must generation 6 come out really soon? I never understood why people think generation 5 is going to be the shortest generation, it only makes sense for it to be the longest. The gap between generations has only been widening, so by this logic Generation 6 won't be released until late 2014 or 2015. 2016 is a possibility too, really, though it's less likely. That seems like plenty of time to get the R/S remakes in there.

    And is it really so bad to start Pokemon on the 3DS with remakes?
    No, it can't possibly be so bad to start Pokemon on the 3DS with remakes, especially if the remakes just so happen to blow everybody away with what content they're able to translate from the new and improved hardware.

    Yet someone is bound to whine about it anyways, so I've decided to just let them. (Definitely not pointing any fingers; I haven't seen much yet that actually constitutes as whining, and if I have, I don't remember it.)

  12. #2427
    Hψ=Eψ H-con's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    63°25′50″N10°23′42″E
    Posts
    4,676
    Blog Entries
    52
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Exor View Post
    Why must generation 6 come out really soon? I never understood why people think generation 5 is going to be the shortest generation, it only makes sense for it to be the longest. The gap between generations has only been widening, so by this logic Generation 6 won't be released until late 2014 or 2015. 2016 is a possibility too, really, though it's less likely. That seems like plenty of time to get the R/S remakes in there.

    And is it really so bad to start Pokemon on the 3DS with remakes?
    A 2013 launch of a DS game to last out to at least 2014 on the DS is something that's just not viable. The AR searcher and Pokédex Pro is evidence enough that they want to shift over to the 3DS and give an incentive to actually buy it. By 2015, the 3DS have been out for what, 4-4.5 years? Are you implying we're going to go that long without a main series pokémon game?

    Point is, I don't see them using more resources developing a remake as the first game for the 3DS instead of using already existing tech, and even then, remakes takes a considerable effort to make, HGSS being the prime example. I don't see how they could divert extra resources to making a new set of remakes while simultaneously making BW2 and developing gen VI and the engine for the 3DS. It doesn't add up. That is why I'd rather want them to use the resources to develop gen VI for the 3DS, and launch that in late 2013. Yes, it will short down gen V, but honestly, that would have been expected, seeing how it uses the same console as gen V. There is little to no signs that gen V will be longer than gen IV the way I see it.

    I don't see how remakes can't wait, but actual new content can't? What is so imperative with getting them this generation, so that the patterns the fanbase drools over can be followed, patterns that have no continuity? I honestly don't see why it can't wait until at least gen VI.
    sonic10158 and bennett like this.

  13. #2428
    (-, - )…zzzZZZ Reila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,370
    Blog Entries
    59

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Exor View Post
    Why must generation 6 come out really soon? I never understood why people think generation 5 is going to be the shortest generation, it only makes sense for it to be the longest. The gap between generations has only been widening, so by this logic Generation 6 won't be released until late 2014 or 2015. 2016 is a possibility too, really, though it's less likely. That seems like plenty of time to get the R/S remakes in there.
    I agree.

    By the way, the Magma and Aqua caves in B2W2 may be one more hint for RSE remakes in Generation V.

  14. #2429
    Lurker Zistal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    417

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantiz View Post

    By the way, the Magma and Aqua caves in B2W2 may be one more hint for RSE remakes in Generation V.
    If anything, they imply the opposite.

    Why go through the trouble of creating important, Hoenn-related version exclusive locations if we're just going to go to the actual region and get the exact same content next year?
    YamiiDenryuu likes this.

  15. #2430
    (-, - )…zzzZZZ Reila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,370
    Blog Entries
    59

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    If you say so ^^

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •