152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 160 of 239 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Are we still getting gen III remakes?

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn View Post
    Even though Generation II Pokémon were all available (making remakes in order to specifically obtain them unnecessary)... the games themselves were not compatible.
    Yes, they were. Almost every Gen II Pokemon was available in Diamond and Pearl, with the exception of starters and legendaries, which could be transferred from Gen III games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Not all Johto Pokemon were available during Gen III and Gen IV (keep in mind that not everyone has the GCN games).
    The Gamecube games are part of Gen III.

And there were precisely two Pokemon that could only be obtained in the Gamecube games prior to HGSS. I don't buy that Lugia and Ho-Oh being harder to come by than most legendaries somehow made Gen II remakes "necessary". If GF were that concerned about two Pokemon being hard to find, they could have had a distribution event, or put them in Platinum. Making a whole new set of games just for these Pokemon seems like an awful lot of trouble to go to when there were easier options available.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

RSEmakes or RSEquels? I think the latter flows better. I'm hoping for event data for Slateport Gymleader Brendan (alluded to ingame) to support this theory.

At this point, two main versions plus a third version doesn't seem all that marketable compared to sequels, however, I don't think sequels are the right way to go for Gen VI. I've speculated we may wind up playing a game that, while taking place in the same region, will have the PC start at opposite ends depending on the region and telling two halves of the same story, with a link/password system similar to the Zelda Oracle games. This would be a new way of telling a story, while maintaining the overall game play and keeping the series fresh.

However, what about a second set of games for Gen VI? I believe RSEquels will fill that void, and that remakes will cease to be necessary as the originals will be available via eShop, modified not only to allow wireless trade, but also facilitating transfer of Pokemon between Gen I-III games to Gen VI. Its not that out of the question. Transfer from Gen I to II required the Pokemon gaining a new stat, so I'm sure with enough effort (and given that it would have been two decades worth of technological advancement), that they'll be able to transfer the Pokemon.

As much as I loved the original RSE and want a remake, a sequel for it sounds even better to me. I would be happy with either. My main beef is that I just want to revisit Hoenn with updated graphics, it would look amazing!

Blog Entries
    Follow FinalSynFrey On Twitter
    Visit FinalSynFrey's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
    As much as I loved the original RSE and want a remake, a sequel for it sounds even better to me. I would be happy with either. My main beef is that I just want to revisit Hoenn with updated graphics, it would look amazing!
    Adding more to the story from the original would be nice, not just remaking the entire game structure with new graphics.

I personally still play Emerald on my iPhone through an Emulator because my GameBoy SP's battery has died. I also have a DS Lite to play my old GBA games, but sadly Its broken. Hopefully this summer, I can get It fixed.

I look forward to the remakes! :)

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

I like the idea of throwing remakes out the window for sequels. I would like a sequel for Kanto(Happens between RGBY-GSC)

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Blog Entries

Yeah, sequels have potential to be better than remakes.

A sequel for Sinnoh in Generation VII would make my life a little happier.

Blog Entries
    Follow FinalSynFrey On Twitter
    Visit FinalSynFrey's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mantiz View Post

Its not all about new graphics, we want a sequel too.
    Who knows, many years from now, they might do a sequel for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

Blog Entries
    Follow voicerocker On Twitter
    Visit voicerocker's Youtube Channel

How would sequels for the older games even work?

A Platinum 2? Wouldn't Giratina already be captured by the PC from the first game? How could you expand on a game like? It's clear that sequels were planned all along for Black and White, which had people saying the ending was felt short and lacking. Because of the way they planned this generation, sequels work. The first 4 generations weren't planned to have sequels. All the stories of those regions and Pokemon have been told and finished.

Remakes will be fine. I haven't seen many negative comments about remakes in general, and as seen by the huge demand for R/S/E remakes, some people now think remakes will occur every generation. But no, I don't think we'll see sequels to previous generations.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinalSynFrey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantiz View Post

Its not all about new graphics, we want a sequel too.
    Who knows, many years from now, they might do a sequel for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.
    Graphics aren't that important, what would please me the most is the sound quality (which sucks in RSE, because GBA sound chip = shit)
    The Nintendo DS technology would me more than enough to receive well made remakes or sequels of Generation III.

For Sinnoh, it would probably happen only in Gen VI or maybe VII... who knows.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

I would like the desert and also Mt. Chimney to be a lot larger in the hopeful remakes or sequels. Why? I like exploring volcanoes and deserts! Also, I would like to be more to the Regi's sidequest, maybe with more backstory than was given in the past, maybe putting a fourth ruins that is discovered after the three we know of are scavenged (after you catch Regirock, Registeel, and Regice) that is much larger than those and actually has a whole complex dedicated to it, and it houses a Regigigas

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

I am wondering if the Ruby/Sapphire remakes would feature Team Rocket as post elite 4 storyline antagonists and the player discovers that the Rockets had been playing both off the Aqua's and the Magmas

Question Who else wants remakes of RSE for 3DS?

I don't have a 3DS, sadly, but if they made a remake of RSE for the system, I would SO want to get one. Sure, they haven't actually made a Pokemon RPG for the 3DS yet, but personally, I'm thinking that if they're going to make good use of all the extra features on it, then why now try tricking out the "MagmaRuby" and "AquaSapphire" remakes FIRST and THEN, once they're familiar with all the cool stuff they can program in, run an original...

Wait. Something even cooler just hit me in the forehead...

If they can do a sequel to B&W on DS, why not add a "sequel quest" to MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire? I seem to remember hearing that RSE came up short on the post-game content, so a specifically 3DS-designed bonus stage would ROCK! (I'm sure a lot of more experienced players out there have a zillion reasons why I'm wrong, not the least of which is that the player would have to suffer through the entire original remade game before getting to the new content/sequel...)

Hey, maybe as the sequel quest, the player could encounter the team they haven't encountered before (Magma for AquaSapphire, Aqua for MagmaRuby), and the disbanded team could make a comback, and we'd see both teams fight each other for the fate of the environment itself. In this epic clash, legendary Pokemon from gens IV and V would appear (as well as from I and II), leading to a near Poke-pocalyspe that, stereotypically, the player just barely manages to prevent by the power of his/her friendship with his/her Pokemon. (grins)

I'd buy a 3DS for that one.
    bennett likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

@Nuvakat; I've merged your thread with the remake discussion thread, as it is a more suitable place to discuss possible remakes.

Blog Entries
    Follow voicerocker On Twitter
    Visit voicerocker's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Who else wants remakes of RSE for 3DS?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvakat View Post
    I don't have a 3DS, sadly, but if they made a remake of RSE for the system, I would SO want to get one. Sure, they haven't actually made a Pokemon RPG for the 3DS yet, but personally, I'm thinking that if they're going to make good use of all the extra features on it, then why now try tricking out the "MagmaRuby" and "AquaSapphire" remakes FIRST and THEN, once they're familiar with all the cool stuff they can program in, run an original...

Wait. Something even cooler just hit me in the forehead...

If they can do a sequel to B&W on DS, why not add a "sequel quest" to MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire? I seem to remember hearing that RSE came up short on the post-game content, so a specifically 3DS-designed bonus stage would ROCK! (I'm sure a lot of more experienced players out there have a zillion reasons why I'm wrong, not the least of which is that the player would have to suffer through the entire original remade game before getting to the new content/sequel...)

Hey, maybe as the sequel quest, the player could encounter the team they haven't encountered before (Magma for AquaSapphire, Aqua for MagmaRuby), and the disbanded team could make a comback, and we'd see both teams fight each other for the fate of the environment itself. In this epic clash, legendary Pokemon from gens IV and V would appear (as well as from I and II), leading to a near Poke-pocalyspe that, stereotypically, the player just barely manages to prevent by the power of his/her friendship with his/her Pokemon. (grins)

I'd buy a 3DS for that one.
    Pokemon's jump to the 3DS wouldn't be with Remakes because remakes don't sell as well as a totally new generation. Since many Pokemon fans still don't want to buy a 3DS, it would be best to release a totally new game first, THEN go with remakes. And if remakes came first on the 3DS, you couldn't use any new Pokemon introduced in Gen 6 with it. It would be like if HeartGold and SoulSilver had come out on the DS before Diamond and Pearl.

The problem with sequels for older games is that those stories were designed to be finished, unlike Black and White which were always intended to have sequels. In Ruby, Team Magma was defeated and Groudon was captured. Emerald aleady told the story of Rayquaza, so how could you add to that? Sure, we could expect them to put in extra Pokemon, like how Groudon Kyogre and Rayquaza were added to HG/SS, but that would be as close to a side quest as we'd probably get.

Your "Poke-pocalyspe" would be far too much for one game. It's interesting to think about, but that seems like something they'd only do if they were going to end the franchise.
    bennett likes this.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami

Default Re: Who else wants remakes of RSE for 3DS?

Quote Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
    Your "Poke-pocalyspe" would be far too much for one game. It's interesting to think about, but that seems like something they'd only do if they were going to end the franchise.
    That's very true, particularly for a remake. Maybe a completely original series set in the previously visited regions? But that's outside the scope of this particular topic that my own topic has been merged into (thanks, Green!)