152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 159 of 239 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikaminccino View Post
    The only reason I want a remake or even a port for that matter is because I want to say goodbye to those inbuilt batteries once and for all.
    I agree. Although Im pretty sure the original red/blue didnt have in-built batterys? if they did, mine arent dead yet. But still, RS remakes arent nessesary no, but the advances made since then have made my favourite generation seem a bit pathetic. I want to run in buildings. Thats literally all I want.
    Generation I did have a battery... that's how saving worked. However, there was no clock feature, so the battery was not constantly being drained, even when the game was turned off (like Generation II), so most people's haven't died yet.
    Generation III saves the games to flash memory so a battery is not needed for saving purposes (Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald have one for the clock though... I'm not sure if FireRed / LeafGreen have one at all).

Personally, I see where Pikaminccino's coming from, but I don't exactly agree with it. I want remakes or ports because the games are fun and I'd like to be able to play them on a newer system... the battery itself doesn't really matter much (especially if I'm done with the game and could care less if the battery dies or even leaks... and if I'm not done with the game then I'd still prefer to be able to play it on the newer system anyway, regardless of any technical problems caused by a battery (i.e. even if there was no battery or no problems caused by the battery, I'd still like a port))

Spiderman! Spiderman! SpiderMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All I want is to run in buildings with new sprites. That. Is. All.
    Currently Playing:
    Pokemon Gold
    Spyro The Dragon
    Lego Racers
    MW3
    Dead Island

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Anyone find it odd that Steven is the only RSE character returning in BW2 so far. I know they could reveal other Hoenn people next issue but why would they only show Kanto Gym Leaders and one Sinnoh one.

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Blog Entries

There is no reason to delay the remakes for Gen 6.

I think they will release it next year for both DS and 3DS, since it is still Generation 5.

Blog Entries

Default Are we still getting gen III remakes?

With black 2 and white 2 breaking traditions, did our chances of getting gen III remakes dropped?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Are we still getting gen III remakes?

Again, Gen III remakes will only happen if GF doesn't make Gen VI compatible to Gen V on purpose like they did with the original Gen III games.

I don't see why we wouldn't. I'm sure we will get them at some point.. although I honestly would not be surprised if they scrapped the remake thing and just released a sequel for Ruby/Sapphire, or if they just released an Emerald remake instead.

Remakes are easy money for GF/Nintendo. They just update the game and add new things, they don't have to come up with storylines and all that since they are already there. Of course, updating it to current graphics will have to involve them re-doing everything so its not an easy task but its easier than them creating a brand new game. They can make great money from remakes so I don't see why they wouldn't do it. Not to mention a lot of people's GBA cartridges of the games have had the battery die, and the fact that GF will move onto the 3DS soon making Gen III incompatible on their current gaming system as the 3DS has no GBA slot.

But all that still doesn't mean we'll get a remake for sure, because they can easily just revisit Hoenn in a future game as a side region or whatever to rule out the chances. But I still don't see why they would do that when they could just make its own remake/sequel and make more money that way. I'm sure Hoenn will be revisited soon one way or another though, whether its in its own remake or not. If we do get a remake, I don't think we will get it this generation though. I'm not really sure, but I just think getting it in Gen VI seems more likely.
    sonic10158 likes this.

Blog Entries

If B2W2 end up being more successful and better received than FRLG and HGSS were, I think it would be a mistake to release remakes as opposed to incorporating Hoenn into new games. If Game Freak are rewarded for doing something new involving Unova, why wouldn't the same thing happen with an old region like Hoenn? Fans are far too eager to encourage repetition, but Game Freak seem to know better than that.

But if this thread is strictly about the current generation, then I don't expect anything at all to be done with Hoenn. I don't see why they would release DS games in 2013 or release 3DS games as part of Generation V. Neither possibility makes nearly as much sense as releasing Generation VI next year. What I can see happening is a port release of the GBA versions that would be compatible with B2W2, using the transfer system already designed for the AR Searcher application.
    Joshawott likes this.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Definitely not any time soon. Maybe in Gen VI.
    sonic10158 likes this.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

To answer this question objectively: We don't know if we will even get remakes of Ruby and Sapphire; never mind when or if Black 2/White 2 has increased or decreased our chances.

As for my personal opinion, I don't think we will see any other main series games in Generation V after Black 2/White 2. The earliest year I will put down for a possible RS remake pair is 2015.

Blog Entries

I think it depends on Black and White 2 being or not successful.
    Maybe a sequel to Generation III games would be a better choice than remakes.

That being said, I don't think we will meet the remakes (or sequels) in this generation, what is a shame and a good thing at the same time.

Blog Entries
    Follow FinalSynFrey On Twitter
    Visit FinalSynFrey's Youtube Channel

Its quite possible we will get the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald remakes, but could be until Gen Six.

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Again, Gen III remakes will only happen if GF doesn't make Gen VI compatible to Gen V on purpose like they did with the original Gen III games.
    There's absolutely no reason to assume that. Gen II remakes happened despite every Gen II Pokemon being available by other means. They didn't happen because they were necessary, they happened because people thought they'd be fun and GF figured they'd be able to make some money from them.

And while we're at it, Gen III wasn't incompatible with Gen II on purpose. There was literally no way to send data from a Game Boy cart to a GBA cart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Miltank View Post
    There's absolutely no reason to assume that. Gen II remakes happened despite every Gen II Pokemon being available by other means. They didn't happen because they were necessary, they happened because people thought they'd be fun and GF figured they'd be able to make some money from them.
    Even though Generation II Pokémon were all available (making remakes in order to specifically obtain them unnecessary)... the games themselves were not compatible. And now that the 3DS (and the DSi for that matter) can no longer play GBA games... that means that Generation III (including FireRed and LeafGreen) have more of a reason to be remade. Of course, that's not the only reason... there was still a good chance of them being remade even if they were 100% compatible and playable on the current system.
    Oh, and the battery thing with Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald gives them more reason to make remakes. However, there is a problem... Red / Blue were able to be remade because Generation I and Generation III literally took place at the same time. This is canon, despite not many references to Generation I being made in Generation III. Same for Generation II and Generation IV. Now we got Generation V which definitely takes place after Generation I / III... a remake would not be able to fit into the timeline. A sequel could work... or the remake could be made but break the tradition of remakes taking place in the same time period as the main games, so it's still not impossible.

And while we're at it, Gen III wasn't incompatible with Gen II on purpose. There was literally no way to send data from a Game Boy cart to a GBA cart.
    It wasn't completely impossible... it could have been done indirectly through the GCN. GCN was compatible with GBA (by directly hooking up the GBA) and it was compatible with GB games through the GameBoy Player (and maybe even through the GBA itself, although it was never done so I don't know if it was possible or not). I'd bet if they really wanted to they could have figured out a way of connecting the GB Player to a Stadium-like GCN game, allowing a player to transfer the Pokémon data from Generatio I and II to the GCN game... then have the GCN game take the data and convert it to a format used by Generation III (improvising for the non-existant stats, like how Generation II was able to split Special to Special Attack and Special Defense despite those stats being non-existent in Generation I)... and then the player would just transfer the data onto Generation III.
    Last edited by Xenidal; 18th May 2012 at 08:31 AM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Miltank View Post
    Not all Johto Pokemon were available during Gen III and Gen IV (keep in mind that not everyone has the GCN games).