Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!) - Page 158

View Poll Results: When would you like R/S/E Remakes

Voters
410. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this generation

    195 47.56%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

    152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

    16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

    47 11.46%
Page 158 of 239 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

  1. #2356
    Turtles All The Way Down Continent Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Zwolle, Netherlands
    Posts
    587
    Add Continent Turtle on Facebook
    Visit Continent Turtle's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    I think if they do a remake of Ruby/Sapphire, they should do it in style. On the 3DS, and in a POV like Zelda. Actually see the trainer moving would be satisfying. And the Pokémon battles are long past the point where they can't be done in 3D. Heck, Pokémon Stadium had full 3D battles, and N64 cartridges were around 64MB at the time, or so I thought. I now there are a lot more Pokémon now, but it can be done. They can do a game like that on a 4GB 3DS cartridge like RE:Revelations uses, if they need too. I think this would be a huge step forward, and I expect them to follow B2/W2. I only don't know if we should count them as Gen V or Gen VI, but it would also be a nice experiment, so they don't screw up a Gen VI game on 3DS. That's all, thanks for reading.
    I claimed Leavanny!
    I claimed Albert Wesker!
    I claimed Ghirahim!

  2. #2357
    Registered User voicerocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    149
    Blog Entries
    1
    Follow voicerocker On Twitter
    Visit voicerocker's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Continent Turtle View Post
    I think if they do a remake of Ruby/Sapphire, they should do it in style. On the 3DS, and in a POV like Zelda. Actually see the trainer moving would be satisfying. And the Pokémon battles are long past the point where they can't be done in 3D. Heck, Pokémon Stadium had full 3D battles, and N64 cartridges were around 64MB at the time, or so I thought. I now there are a lot more Pokémon now, but it can be done. They can do a game like that on a 4GB 3DS cartridge like RE:Revelations uses, if they need too. I think this would be a huge step forward, and I expect them to follow B2/W2. I only don't know if we should count them as Gen V or Gen VI, but it would also be a nice experiment, so they don't screw up a Gen VI game on 3DS. That's all, thanks for reading.
    If they were to do that, they would first use it in a new Generation. They aren't going to introduce a big change like that in a remake of an older title. Though, supposedly Game Freak likes using 2D sprites for the Pokemon main series, so they might not change it.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami

  3. #2358
    Registered User Saiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    582

    Default Re: When should R/S/E Remakes come?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    I want them to end the cycle of remakes with HGSS. RB/GSC being remade makes sense as they were cutoff from the other generations unlikes Gen III which still has compatibility with the newer games.

    If the RSE games are so old that they need a remake, well then obviously so do the FRLG games. They're in the same generation. If FRLG doesn't need to be remade? Neither does RSE.
    Your logic is pretty bad. FR/LG are remakes, of course they don't need to be remade.
    Doesn't matter. They're just as outdated, so if RSE need to be remade then so would FRLG.
    Grass Type Warrior likes this.

    Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

  4. #2359
    ε(´3`)з crystallineEntropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    5,094
    Blog Entries
    152

    Default Re: When should R/S/E Remakes come?

    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    I want them to end the cycle of remakes with HGSS. RB/GSC being remade makes sense as they were cutoff from the other generations unlikes Gen III which still has compatibility with the newer games.

    If the RSE games are so old that they need a remake, well then obviously so do the FRLG games. They're in the same generation. If FRLG doesn't need to be remade? Neither does RSE.
    Your logic is pretty bad. FR/LG are remakes, of course they don't need to be remade.
    Doesn't matter. They're just as outdated, so if RSE need to be remade then so would FRLG.
    lolno. The point is that R/S have yet to be remade, while R/B have been remade. Remaking a remake would be completely pointless at this point in time.

  5. #2360
    I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Aspertia City
    Posts
    1,413
    Blog Entries
    66

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    In my opinion, further remakes of games that have already been remade should be saved for major milestone anniversaries (like another Gen I remake for the 25th anniversary).
    El_ likes this.

  6. #2361
    Ѵαηqμίşℎℯr ℴƒ ℳℴrℸαℓş Black Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Shearpoint
    Posts
    2,432
    Blog Entries
    168

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    I think they should make R/S remakes just like they did with S/G.

  7. #2362
    Registered User Saiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    582

    Default Re: When should R/S/E Remakes come?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    lolno. The point is that R/S have yet to be remade, while R/B have been remade. Remaking a remake would be completely pointless at this point in time.
    That's really not much of a point. Gen I-II were outdated. If Gen III isn't outdated, it doesn't need to be remade. Not every game needs a remake just because it hasn't been remade before. Do DPPt need a remake because they have been yet to be remade? How about BW or BW2?
    Sir Turtlelot likes this.

    Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

  8. #2363
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    775

    Default Re: When should R/S/E Remakes come?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    lolno. The point is that R/S have yet to be remade, while R/B have been remade. Remaking a remake would be completely pointless at this point in time.
    One of the main arguments for wanting a Ruby / Sapphire remake is that "Hoenn is the only region not playable on the DS".
    However, people are forgetting about the Sevii Islands, which are also not playable on the DS. Additionally, the Kanto that's playable is the downgraded version put into HeartGold / SoulSilver as a bonus.
    For that very reason, a remake or FireRed / LeafGreen is just as necessary as a remake or Ruby / Sapphire.
    I'm not really sure what other reason anyone would have for thinking that a Ruby / Sapphire remake is necessary but a FireRed / LeafGreen remake is "pointless" other than "it should be remade for the sake of being remade and Red / Blue were already remade so they don't need another".

  9. #2364
    ε(´3`)з crystallineEntropy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    5,094
    Blog Entries
    152

    Default Re: When should R/S/E Remakes come?

    Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    lolno. The point is that R/S have yet to be remade, while R/B have been remade. Remaking a remake would be completely pointless at this point in time.
    That's really not much of a point. Gen I-II were outdated. If Gen III isn't outdated, it doesn't need to be remade. Not every game needs a remake just because it hasn't been remade before. Do DPPt need a remake because they have been yet to be remade? How about BW or BW2?
    My point is that remaking a remake would be, how do I put it, stupid. My reasoning for R/S being remade is that they're pretty outdated at this point, while D/P are still kinda new.

    Just because in your opinion R/S shouldn't be remade, you don't need to ruin things for Hoenn fans.
    @dannyjenn; No, a FR/LF remake is not as necessary. It's difficult to explain why, but it's not.

    And who cares about the Sevii Islands? That was just some little bonus in FR/LG. And you're acting like Kanto being in HG/SS means nothing. Can we have one frickin generation without Kanto in it?


    Okay, here's two legit reasons to remake it that I haven't mentioned before.

    1. Hoenn games don't have access to Wi-fi. Every other region does.

    2. Hoenn, believe it or not, has these things called fans. Surprising, isn't it? There's a ton of people that love R/S that really want to see it remade. Why exactly do you want to disappoint all of them? I don't think you're going to explode if R/S remakes are made. What's the big deal? R/S are going to be remade, and if you have such a problem with that, you just shouldn't buy them.
    Last edited by crystallineEntropy; 30th April 2012 at 01:30 PM.

  10. #2365
    Registered User Saiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    582

    Default Re: When should R/S/E Remakes come?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    My point is that remaking a remake would be, how do I put it, stupid. My reasoning for R/S being remade is that they're pretty outdated at this point, while D/P are still kinda new.
    There are plenty of games that have been remade more than once, because the remakes themselves become outdated. Using the argument that RSE is outdated works equally well for FRLG, who are just as outdated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    Just because in your opinion R/S shouldn't be remade, you don't need to ruin things for Hoenn fans.
    I really don't see how I'm ruining it for other people by expressing my own opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    No, a FR/LF remake is not as necessary. It's difficult to explain why, but it's not.
    RSE remakes aren't strictly necessary either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    And who cares about the Sevii Islands? That was just some little bonus in FR/LG. And you're acting like Kanto being in HG/SS means nothing. Can we have one frickin generation without Kanto in it?
    So you say not to ruin it for Hoenn fans, without considering that Sevii Islands and Kanto have their own fans? I liked Sevii Islands, and was disappointed that they weren't included in HGSS. HGSS Kanto is nothing like having an actual game and adventure set in Kanto, rather then it merely being post game content. And can we have one frickin generation without a remake in it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    Okay, here's two legit reasons to remake it that I haven't mentioned before.

    1. Hoenn games don't have access to Wi-fi. Every other region does.
    How's that different from FRLG not having access to Wi-fi? Saying Kanto has access to Wi-fi because of HGSS is ridiculous, and I don't even see the connection between regions and Wi-fi anyway... it's not like the Wi-fi involves the region in anyway, and you can still use all the Gen III mons you want on the current Wi-fi.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    2. Hoenn, believe it or not, has these things called fans. Surprising, isn't it? There's a ton of people that love R/S that really want to see it remade. Why exactly do you was to disappoint all of them? I don't think you're going to explode if R/S remakes are made. What's the big deal? R/S are going to be remade, and if you have such a problem with that, you just shouldn't buy them.
    You really think I'd be surprised with the existence of Hoenn fans when I see them everywhere trying to force their agenda down my throat? It's obvious how many people want RSE remakes because the truth is they won't shut up about it. No, I'm not going to explode if they get remade. I just don't want them to be remade. I'm sure you're not going to die either if the games don't get remade. I'm not trying to disappoint anyone, I couldn't care less about them getting their hopes up for remakes that aren't being confirmed. I just don't want Gamefreak being trapped in the cycle of remaking every game.

    There is no real difference between RSE remakes and FRLG remakes: Same generation, just as outdated, both have fans that enjoy the games and would like to see them remade. Remakes of remakes are only as stupid as remaking a game "just because".

    Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

  11. #2366
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    775

    Default Re: When should R/S/E Remakes come?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    And who cares about the Sevii Islands? That was just some little bonus in FR/LG.
    I actually have no idea if the Sevii Islands were any good or not (I've never played FireRed / LeafGreen). I was pointing out that they are a region not playable on the DS... maybe not a main region but still a region. People like me who do not have access to FireRed / LeafGreen or people who just love the Sevii Islands are missing out on a remake since they were only featured in one game (and that one game is not playable on the DS exept for the really old DSs that aren't made anymore).

    And you're acting like Kanto being in HG/SS means nothing.
    I'm not saying it's nothing, I'm saying it is not the "main" Kanto. They took Kanto, then removed a lot of the stuff from it to shorten it up, then included it as a bonus to the Johto games. In some respects Kanto in HearGold / SoulSilver isn't much different than the Sevii Islands are in FireRed / LeafGreen.

    2. Hoenn, believe it or not, has these things called fans. Surprising, isn't it? There's a ton of people that love R/S that really want to see it remade. Why exactly do you was to disappoint all of them? I don't think you're going to explode if R/S remakes are made. What's the big deal? R/S are going to be remade, and if you have such a problem with that, you just shouldn't buy them.
    Like Saiga said, Kanto and the Sevii Islands has its own fans.
    Also I'm not at all against a Ruby / Sapphire remake... all I'm saying is that it is not strictly needed in the sense that Generation I and II needed remakes (Generation I needed one for compatibility with Generation III, Generation II needed one because everyone's cartridges died).
    And I'm also saying that if Ruby and Sapphire are remade I see no reason why FireRed / LeafGreen shouldn't be remade either.

  12. #2367
    Registered User Floris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Guys, the discussion of RS remakes was banned before, because it turned into a giant circular flame war. I see that exact thing happening here! It may not be very bad now, but it's starting to look more and more like a flame war!
    sonic10158 likes this.
    My YouTube Vids (Pokémon White 2, Randomized Emerald and soon Platinum)

    -Why don't use Pokémon who you like instead of powerful ones? You'll have fun in every battle and winning gives more satisfaction!

  13. #2368
    I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,286

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Im fine with just an Emerald remake. Then give remakes a break for a while.

    Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

  14. #2369
    Relax and have fun. The Power of Pika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    690
    Blog Entries
    221

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    The only reason I want a remake or even a port for that matter is because I want to say goodbye to those inbuilt batteries once and for all.

    LG and FR, DPPt, HG and SS and BW don't have batteries within the cartridges. LG and FR have no clock thus no battery. The other games the clock is ran off the DS itself thus no battery.

    RSE still has a clock battery. My RS battery is actually dead. So if I want to use my favourite features again (secret base battles, berry growing for contests and daily items) I'd have to replace the battery which required opening up the cartridge. Also that message everytime I turn on the game is annoying and I have a massive concern that if I don't replace the battery eventually that in the long run the battery will leak. It's never good keeping a dead battery in anything for years and years on end.

    I can't help imagining a point where all regions won't need a battery in the cartridge.

    I can dream can't I?^-^

    My name is Daffy Duck, I worked on a Merry-Go-Round, The job was swell,
    I did quite well,Till the Merry-go-round broke down.
    (Hoo-hoo! Hoo-hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo-hoo!)

  15. #2370
    Spiderman! Spiderman! SpiderMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    38
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikaminccino View Post
    The only reason I want a remake or even a port for that matter is because I want to say goodbye to those inbuilt batteries once and for all.
    I agree. Although Im pretty sure the original red/blue didnt have in-built batterys? if they did, mine arent dead yet. But still, RS remakes arent nessesary no, but the advances made since then have made my favourite generation seem a bit pathetic. I want to run in buildings. Thats literally all I want.
    Currently Playing:
    Pokemon Gold
    Spyro The Dragon
    Lego Racers
    MW3
    Dead Island

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •