152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 156 of 239 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Default Re: When should R/S/E Remakes come?

Quote Originally Posted by Javier952 View Post
    Yet, we dnt know how an overworld 3DS game would look like. I mean, look at Unova's graphics. im pretty sure Hoenn would look amazing with Gen 5's graphics
    The 3DS is a lot more powerful than any DS (The 3DS has the power of almost a Wii, whereas the DS is about as powerful as a Nintendo 64). So I think it is obvious that Hoenn would be even more amazing on the 3DS than the DS. If the DS can produce BW quality graphics, imagine what a system that is a LOT more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchipedia View Post
    I say we've had enough bloody remakes. If they're going to do another Hoenn game, it should have an entirely new plot. And they should make a better effort to tie it into the other games.
    I completely disagree. So far, every other region is in 3D, so Hoenn should be too. If you don't want a remake, then don't buy it. Like said before, if the other 2D games got remade, it isn't fair for R&S not to.

I do think a DP remake would be out of the question, though.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Yet, we dnt know how an overworld 3DS game would look like. I mean, look at Unova's graphics. im pretty sure Hoenn would look amazing with Gen 5's graphics
    The 3DS is a lot more powerful than any DS (The 3DS has the power of almost a Wii, whereas the DS is about as powerful as a Nintendo 64). So I think it is obvious that Hoenn would be even more amazing on the 3DS than the DS. If the DS can produce BW quality graphics, imagine what a system that is a LOT more powerful.
    Even so BW graphics are more than enough to make Hoenn look stunning

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchipedia View Post
    I say we've had enough bloody remakes. If they're going to do another Hoenn game, it should have an entirely new plot. And they should make a better effort to tie it into the other games.
    I completely disagree. So far, every other region is in 3D, so Hoenn should be too. If you don't want a remake, then don't buy it. Like said before, if the other 2D games got remade, it isn't fair for R&S not to.

It's far too early to talk about DP remakes.

Personally, I'd like Hoenn remakes for Gen6 - on 3DS. The whole Hoenn region is almost completely in harmony with grasslands and forests and much more nature - not to mention the vast ocean and underwater routes. The graphics would be totally awesome on 3DS, and I'm looking forward to that :)

Besides, they already created TWO sequels for BW, so I'm guessing that's enough for Gen5 - maybe they'd release another Ranger game or so, but RSE remakes would be better in Gen6

Blog Entries

Yup, Gen VI sounds good to me. We don't need remakes every single generation.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

They will come if GF decides to make Gen VI games incompatible to Gen V games. It hurts, but it's the only way for them to be possible. I suggest Gen VI using only Unova Pokemon while the returning ones while the pre-Gen V Pokemon will all be available in the post-game and the R/S/E remakes.

Blog Entries

Visit VirtualAnomaly's Youtube Channel

That's actually a hard decision. I would like them to be out this generation, but having them come out for the 3DS would be pretty cool...

While I'm not sure WHEN RSE (preferably Emerald) remakes should come. I do know that they should be released when GF does away with the DW (or creates some kind of compromise). Seriously, I LOVED the fact I could take care of my berries in-game that was one of the fun features RSE ran with and currently, a feature that messes with one of DWs few redeeming factors.

In-game berry growing using DW growth mechanics would be sweet. But I don't think DW is going anywhere atm and I wouldn't want something well known to Gen III be removed at the cost of it.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

The way things going I wouldn't mind them in gen 6.

Blog Entries

I'm of the predominate idea that they'll make them when they make them. It doesn't matter what gen it's in. I think the people who are pushing for the 3DS have forgotten just how much a console can last after it's successor has popped up. It took a long time for the GBA to give way fully to the DS. I understand, though, that the 3DS does still need something that will make it more than just a "meh" system. I still have faith that it can do this in time. The DS didn't catch wind for a while, either. It may be inevitable that a 3DS pokemon game will be made, but only time will tell when. I agree that a new gen would have to happen first, if it really is that complicated to transfer data from DS to a 3DS game. You speak as if we face a second gen 2-3 barrier. I'd like to know what makes you think that.
    Step into the Fairy circle

B2W2 coming June 2012 in Japan
    B2W2 coming September-October(ish) WW

Then a remake could come around the same time in June 2013 and October 2013 and then go back to doing the September March releases for Gen 6 or what ever they like

I'm assuming that's a typo, because so far no main series region is 3D. Generation I, II, and III were pure 2D, Generation IV was 2D with some scaling to give it the illusion of depth, and Generation V had some 3D elements mixed into a mostly 2D game. So if they are to remake all the "2D" games, that would include Generation IV and even Generation V. Personally, I don't think they're ever going to switch the main series to pure 3D. The 3DS is capable of it, but I think it's a really a style thing, not a question of whether or not the system can handle it.

But you just talked about how the 3DS's capabilities come close to the Wii's... surely if Generation IV was remade for the 3DS then it would have improved graphics / more features. I don't really see why Generation IV and V shouldn't qualify for remakes.

Here's what I think... Generation I was remade so that the Kanto Pokémon could be obtained in Generation III (which had no compatibility with Generation I or II). Generation II was remade, probably out of demand for it, since the cartridges no longer work unless you go through the trouble of replacing the battery and all that. Generation III is playable on the older DS through the GBA slot, and even compatible with later generations so you'd think a remake would not be necessary. However, the newer 3DSs don't have GBA slots, not to mention the clock / berry problem, so I see that as reason enough to remake Generation III as well. I really don't see any reason to remake Generation IV or V though, seeing as they are / will be compatible with future generations, they are playable on the newer DSs including the 3DS, and there really isn't anything wrong with them. A remake would serve no real purpose other than to just add some new features and improve the graphics.

So now the question is when should the remake be released? Well, if it gets releasd at all, I'd say they should wait until Generation VI. Generation V has the sequels, and releasing remakes would just be cramming too much into the generation (you could argue that we never got a third version so it's really not that much more, but I feel that these sequels are pretty much new games in themselves despite not being in a new genertion).

Then there's the question as to whether or not the remakes of Generation I should be remade as well... personally I think that they should, if Generation III is to be remade. Ignoring the clock problem (since I don't think FireRed / LeafGreen had a clock) they still have all the same problems as Generation III (limited compatibility with future generations and playability if you don't have the really old DS). If they are not remade then the old (better) Kanto (3 years before HeartGold / SoulSilver) and the Sevii Islands will be the only regions not playable on the DS (except for the really old DSs that aren't made anymore).

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn View Post
    But you just talked about how the 3DS's capabilities come close to the Wii's... surely if Generation IV was remade for the 3DS then it would have improved graphics / more features. I don't really see why Generation IV and V shouldn't qualify for remakes.

Here's what I think... Generation I was remade so that the Kanto Pokémon could be obtained in Generation III (which had no compatibility with Generation I or II). Generation II was remade, probably out of demand for it, since the cartridges no longer work unless you go through the trouble of replacing the battery and all that. Generation III is playable on the older DS through the GBA slot, and even compatible with later generations so you'd think a remake would not be necessary. However, the newer 3DSs don't have GBA slots, not to mention the clock / berry problem, so I see that as reason enough to remake Generation III as well. I really don't see any reason to remake Generation IV or V though, seeing as they are / will be compatible with future generations, they are playable on the newer DSs including the 3DS, and there really isn't anything wrong with them. A remake would serve no real purpose other than to just add some new features and improve the graphics.

So now the question is when should the remake be released? Well, if it gets releasd at all, I'd say they should wait until Generation VI. Generation V has the sequels, and releasing remakes would just be cramming too much into the generation (you could argue that we never got a third version so it's really not that much more, but I feel that these sequels are pretty much new games in themselves despite not being in a new genertion).

Then there's the question as to whether or not the remakes of Generation I should be remade as well... personally I think that they should, if Generation III is to be remade. Ignoring the clock problem (since I don't think FireRed / LeafGreen had a clock) they still have all the same problems as Generation III (limited compatibility with future generations and playability if you don't have the really old DS). If they are not remade then the old (better) Kanto (3 years before HeartGold / SoulSilver) and the Sevii Islands will be the only regions not playable on the DS (except for the really old DSs that aren't made anymore).
    About the cramming too much into one Gen., as i've stated before, instead of remaking ruby and sapphire, they could remake emerald and balance things out

And about the Gen 1 remakes, i think thts a good idea, that way every generation could be played on the current consoles

And for me, i never actually finished playing Firered because my brother lost it so to play them with good graphics not that horrible 3rd Gen graphics would be amazing :D

El_
    Blog Entries

If they have to remake FRLG just to go along with Hoenn, then they shouldn't remake Hoenn at all. There isn't much evidence anyways that says the Kanto/Hoenn game's events happen around the same time like it does with DPP/HGSS. Two pairs of remakes in a single gen is ridiculous.

Only Hoenn, and only in Generation 6 should it be remade.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

We never said to remake both in one generation

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn View Post
    I'm assuming that's a typo, because so far no main series region is 3D. Generation I, II, and III were pure 2D, Generation IV was 2D with some scaling to give it the illusion of depth, and Generation V had some 3D elements mixed into a mostly 2D game. So if they are to remake all the "2D" games, that would include Generation IV and even Generation V. Personally, I don't think they're ever going to switch the main series to pure 3D. The 3DS is capable of it, but I think it's a really a style thing, not a question of whether or not the system can handle it.
    yes, I meant the depth. Gens I-III didn't have it, but IV and V do. I consider that a pseudo-3D.

Now that I think about it, I'd rather the RS remakes use the Emerald plot (where you fight BOTH Aqua and Magma) or just do Emerald.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc