152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 153 of 239 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha922 View Post
    Assuming you're someone who started playing post Gen I.

Not saying they should have FR/LG Remade, because that would be redundant.
    Still Kanto has just been done to death already... I'm tired of it... Give it a rest and maybe go back in Gen VII
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

I actually really like that Kanto has been in every generation thus far, though I know that this generation may be the one to change that. :\

Visit Apex's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post

Still Kanto has just been done to death already... I'm tired of it... Give it a rest and maybe go back in Gen VII
    Generation......7....? Don't you think the year (just a guess) 2019 is a little too late? I'll be in my mid-20's...and perhaps not even into pokemon by then anyway...

SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post

Generation......7....? Don't you think the year (just a guess) 2019 is a little too late? I'll be in my mid-20's...and perhaps not even into pokemon by then anyway...
    I meant VI but then again two gen's without Kanto would be a dream... they need to give it a rest honestly... They have shoved it down our throats for over 10 years....

追放されたバカ

I'm really hoping that Game Freak find a way to bring Kanto into Gen 5. I doubt they will as I think they're trying to be different this Gen and got rid of every single familiarity a fan would have apart from the 8 badges concept (even then they screwed around with different gym leaders)

Having Kanto, and indeed Oak in a generation, is a familiarity that makes you think even in 2012 that game you played all those years ago in 98 is still relevant and being involved in the series now. Even if they don't bring in Kanto, they need to bring in Oak, but I really hope for Kanto.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keldeo94 View Post
    I'm really hoping that Game Freak find a way to bring Kanto into Gen 5. I doubt they will as I think they're trying to be different this Gen and got rid of every single familiarity a fan would have apart from the 8 badges concept (even then they screwed around with different gym leaders)

Having Kanto, and indeed Oak in a generation, is a familiarity that makes you think even in 2012 that game you played all those years ago in 98 is still relevant and being involved in the series now. Even if they don't bring in Kanto, they need to bring in Oak, but I really hope for Kanto.
    Hasn'tKantoo been done enough already though? If you want to play Kanto go play HG/SS...I'd personally prefer Hoenn as Kanto has become a huge base-breaker... a lot of fans (myself included) are sick of Kanto

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

It would be fine to not revisit Kanto in any form till Gen 7, I personally think it should be given a rest, me and other fans have grown tired of seeing Kanto in every generation, why not revisit Hoenn instead, that would give fans a chance to revisit a region that hasnt gotten any attention for a long while. I personally think Kanto could stand to have a rest for this generation and maybe the next.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

And why would they add Kanto to gen V? It makes little to no sense. Shoving Kanto into a Unova game is certainly not happening, and if there is to be a remake this gen (something I doubt, but whatever), it's not going to be Kanto, I think that' fairly reasonable. Making a separate game for Kanto is well out of the question.

I certainly wouldn't be too negative towards a return to Kanto, but not as a remake. It should be something fresh (The same goes for Hoenn for that matter, but that's not the issue atm) and new to qualify for that. A direct Kanto-remake would actually be rather sad.

I should find the notion that Gamefreak subscribes to the pattern of deliberately putting Kanto into every generation a bit silly. Some people see patterns where there isn't necessary one, or I should at least say a forced pattern. It's not like they could have dropped Kanto from HGSS either.

追放されたバカ

Well at the moment Kanto has been in 4 out of 4 generations, that's a 100% success rate, when something happens 4 times in a row, it's not unreasonable to follow suit the 5th gen will have it too. Everyone is certain there will be Pokemon Gray, it was certain almost as soon as Black and White were announced and that too is based on the assumption made over the previous 4 gens of having a 3rd version where everything is improved.

I actually don't think Kanto will be in Gen 5, but that is only because I see no avenue for them to do down to implement it. But saying that, no one predicted Firered and Leaf Green, no one predicted you'd be able to travel to Kanto in Gold and Silver. Kanto is the heartland of Pokemon it is the origin from which all else derives, as I said in my above post, if not Kanto, then I at least expect Oak to worm his way into Gray as he did in Platinum, he has visited Unova in the anime, that or maybe visit Estelle or whatever her name is (the one who runs the Pokebox system in Hoenn? Lostelle? I can't remember. But Oak might visit them in RSDS, or reference how he obtained the Jade orb he gave you in HGSS by having him find it in RSDS or something.

Blog Entries
    Follow GoldeenTail On Twitter Add GoldeenTail on MySpace
    Follow GoldeenTail on Tumblr

Kanto is totally not going to be in gen V, lol. Unless game freak gonna remake FR/LG as well as RSE, but that would be a waste.

WOW TRANSFORMERS IS A DUMB SERIES LOL. GT GROW THE FUCK UP.
    Tumblr / My eggs /My blog / deviantart

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I personally think that they should wait to remake Kanto again during a milestone anniversary (25th perhaps).
    YamiiDenryuu likes this.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Remake of frlg will not happen
    A game that goes to kanto years after HGSS could happen (and not just 3 years, im talking about 20-30 or so)
    Apex likes this.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    A game that goes to kanto years after HGSS could happen (and not just 3 years, im talking about 20-30 or so)
    I really like this concept. Actually, I think this could be a reason to bring Kanto into Generation V. Not that I think they should.. I'm all for nostalgia, but I'm not quite sure that the familiarity of Kanto would fit in with Unova. Hoenn would be a different story, since it hasn't been revisited at all since R/S/E. What I want to see more than anything else, is another game with more than one region. Not saying I think this is even remotely going to happen, but wouldn't it be cool if in Gray, Skyla could fly you to Hoenn on her plane? Wouldn't that be awesome?

Visit Apex's Youtube Channel

That's something I've brought up in the past.

For example, the League would be based off of HGSS's league, but, of course, 25 years later.

SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonGirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    I really like this concept. Actually, I think this could be a reason to bring Kanto into Generation V. Not that I think they should.. I'm all for nostalgia, but I'm not quite sure that the familiarity of Kanto would fit in with Unova. Hoenn would be a different story, since it hasn't been revisited at all since R/S/E. What I want to see more than anything else, is another game with more than one region. Not saying I think this is even remotely going to happen, but wouldn't it be cool if in Gray, Skyla could fly you to Hoenn on her plane? Wouldn't that be awesome?
    As Gen 5 is pretty much a reboot of the series and seems very similar to what would be a 1st Gen, as it starts completely fresh, all new Pokemon, region in a brand new country, and with a lot of story to still tell, I believe Gen 6 will be set in this "distant region" that Looker spotted N flying to on his Dragon. I believe this region will be the region we explore mainly in Gen 6, and at the end of that game, maybe we will have a post E4 Unova to explore.

Just as Kanto had the useless pier in Vermillion City which gained a use in Gen 2 the counterpart is likely to be the Pier in Castelia city, and instead of a train linking the regions, as N "flew" you will likely have to take a plane between the regions via Mistralton