152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 146 of 239 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cilan56 View Post
    I think they should keep Gen V completely on the DS to avoid a whole annoyance of trading and such between the games. Completely my opinion - I totally respect the arguments otherwise.

I actually really hope they emphasize the art in the Hoenn remakes. Hoenn is supposed to warm and tropical per se, and I'd like to see a thorough representation of that via tropical trees and the right color scheme. Goodness, I can't wait to hear an upgraded version of the Gym Leader theme from Gen III.

This might sound kind of silly, but Gen III was the only generation where I didn't find exploring the water tedious. I think it was the whole idea of fast encounters. Remember how *slow* Diamond and Pearl's encounters were? It made finding Pokes a nightmare.

I LOVED Dive too. I just LOVE DIVE so much. Exploring the bottom of the sea was an honest-to-goodness pleasure and honor for me.
    I agree, Exploring the ocean floor in Hoenn was really neat, think of how it would be in a 3DS remake of R/S. I think it would be way more awesome then before.

Blog Entries

Remember how *slow* Diamond and Pearl's encounters were? It made finding Pokes a nightmare.
    That was actually a direct result of D/P's crappy 30 fps framerate, but you're completely right. Slowed down battles were the first thing I noticed after releasing Chimchar for the first time in my first Pearl file and needless to say, I wasn't pleased.

Funny thing is, I myself would have never realised that people complained about water routes of all things, at least before I started attending the forums. Do people don't know what Repels are for or something?
    White FC: 1678-3054-7710
    Black 2 FC: 3053 3827 7149

Black 2

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

^ Nobody wants to waste their money on numerous repels over pokeballs and potions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    ^ Nobody wants to waste their money on numerous repels over pokeballs and potions.
    That's theor own damn fault so they should'nt complain f they are to cheep to buy repels they are even cheeper then Potionss!
    eevee_lotion likes this.
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

Money in Pokemon is as common as dirt. I played through RSE about 15 times now and I have never found myslef in a situation where I couldn't buy Poke Balls, Repels and all kinds of medicine on top of a few TMs from Game Corner.
    eevee_lotion likes this.
    White FC: 1678-3054-7710
    Black 2 FC: 3053 3827 7149

Black 2

I don't want 8 HMs.
    The fewer , the better simply because theses HMs are useful in a single situation, and then they're nothing!
    Especially 3 WATER HMs in R/S/E, I was forced to have 2 water Pokes just to sort everything out :@!
    Annoying, just plain annoying!
    El_ likes this.
    "Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre

El_
    Blog Entries

Definitely agreed. Thats truly the only thing that I hated about the Hoenn region, the amount of HMs and needing to use them. I personally hate the idea of HM slaves, because it kinda takes away from my personal playthrough experience.

So hopefully the HMs will be marginalized like they were in B/W in any future R/S/E remakes.
    eevee_lotion likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Not to mention that with the exception of Surf and Waterfall, the HM moves are useless in battle (Body Slam outclasses Strength, Cut is laughable, Rock Smash is weak, and Dive gives your opponent a chance to switch out a Pokemon who resists water moves).
    eevee_lotion likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Gunaydin on Tumblr

I'm yet to play BW, what exactly is the new system?
    Ooh! I can't wait to see Dive and Surf on 3/DS! I think they should tone down the water Pokes' encounter rate, but it's not that big of a deal. There are Repels and they're not that expensive. I hope we can run in Forrtree and Pacifilog. Oh, keep Pokeblocks, keep the old contests. I wonder what they'll do for Wi-Fi, I hope it supports WPA encryption like BW. Buuuut. I'm most of all looking forward to Dive. My favorite out of battle HM ever.
    This...is Meowth's dream. Meowth strides all over the globe scattering invitations to other Pokémon, insisting they come to "Meowth's Party". At this wonderful party, guests are packed in like sardines as Meowth climbs up the stage with its faithful guitar. It strikes a chord, pauses, and then rocks their world.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eevee_lotion View Post
    I don't want 8 HMs.
    The fewer , the better simply because theses HMs are useful in a single situation, and then they're nothing!
    Especially 3 WATER HMs in R/S/E, I was forced to have 2 water Pokes just to sort everything out :@!
    Annoying, just plain annoying!
    Just use one water Type to learn them all Surf and Waterfall are excellent have plus it makes sense to have 3 Water HM's in Hoenn it IS a tropical islan chain... plus Dive is better then Whirlpool... But yeah only 3 HM's were any good.

Fly, Surf and Waterfall

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by rubinek View Post
    Money in Pokemon is as common as dirt. I played through RSE about 15 times now and I have never found myslef in a situation where I couldn't buy Poke Balls, Repels and all kinds of medicine on top of a few TMs from Game Corner.
    Now, I have my opinions on RSE, and I'll leave them at the door, but can you honestly say it's a good thing for a game, any game, that focuses so much on water routes to have so laughable pokémon selection in those routes. Oh hey, use repels! How fucking boring is that, having to retort to repels because all you fucking see is Tentacool and Wingull.

Now, if they decided to put some interesting pokémon in the water (ruling out Dive here) for once (Hoenn would be great for this, seeing it has a lot of it), surfing could get less tedious. Hoenn has potential, it would be a shame to it get wasted.

That said, I can't really see how you can get in financial problems in pokémon unless you somehow catch every pokémon you find and use only potions or something.

Blog Entries

Follow Gunaydin on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Just use one water Type to learn them all Surf and Waterfall are excellent have plus it makes sense to have 3 Water HM's in Hoenn it IS a tropical islan chain... plus Dive is better then Whirlpool... But yeah only 3 HM's were any good.

Fly, Surf and Waterfall
    Don't forget Dive! D:

I'm wondering, will they have the original slots and roulette? Or the Voltorb Flip? Voltorb Flip pisses me off, it's just Minesweep. ._____.
    This...is Meowth's dream. Meowth strides all over the globe scattering invitations to other Pokémon, insisting they come to "Meowth's Party". At this wonderful party, guests are packed in like sardines as Meowth climbs up the stage with its faithful guitar. It strikes a chord, pauses, and then rocks their world.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lumos or Nox View Post
    Don't forget Dive! D:

I'm wondering, will they have the original slots and roulette? Or the Voltorb Flip? Voltorb Flip pisses me off, it's just Minesweep. ._____.
    Dive is kinda meh... better then most but notas go as the others.. they might just do some version on Voltorb Flip

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Just use one water Type to learn them all Surf and Waterfall
    I forgot which Pokes I had, but the main one couldn't learn one of the three water type HMs
    Same thing in HG also
    BTW, I <3 SURF!
    "Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Thanks to some law (I think in Europe, or maybe Australia), GF had to stop using Slots. I doubt we'll ever see the slots again