Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!) - Page 138

View Poll Results: When would you like R/S/E Remakes

Voters
410. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this generation

    195 47.56%
  • No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

    152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

    16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

    47 11.46%
Page 138 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

  1. #2056
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,991
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post
    It pretty much is because of the Wii U next year.
    Reggie from Nintendo of America has said that the Wii and Wii U can co-exist. Also, DSiWare is still being released on a weekly basis, despite the 3DS being out.

  2. #2057
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Reggie from Nintendo of America has said that the Wii and Wii U can co-exist. Also, DSiWare is still being released on a weekly basis, despite the 3DS being out.
    Dsiware goes on the 3DS as well right? so it's not exlusive to the DSi they are slowly fasing out the DS and Wii by next year I say they will fully transision to the 3DS and the WiiU when it comes out
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

  3. #2058
    I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,286

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Dsiware goes on the 3DS as well right? so it's not exlusive to the DSi they are slowly fasing out the DS and Wii by next year I say they will fully transision to the 3DS and the WiiU when it comes out
    I hope the WiiU can play Wii VC games then

  4. #2059
    Unregistered User Kingmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    352

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Dsiware goes on the 3DS as well right? so it's not exlusive to the DSi they are slowly fasing out the DS and Wii by next year I say they will fully transision to the 3DS and the WiiU when it comes out
    This.

    They are only releasing knew DS games and DSi ware because people still use them and the majority of people havent updated yet.

    @sonic10158: It should be able to. The 3DS can use DSi ware and the WiiU can use Wii remote and Wii games so I think that it should be able to use Wii Ware/VC games, but will phase it out eventualy.
    ...

  5. #2060
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,991
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingmate View Post
    This.

    They are only releasing knew DS games and DSi ware because people still use them and the majority of people havent updated yet.

    @sonic10158: It should be able to. The 3DS can use DSi ware and the WiiU can use Wii remote and Wii games so I think that it should be able to use Wii Ware/VC games, but will phase it out eventualy.
    The fact that the 3DS 8-month sales have beat the DS' year 1 sales says otherwise. Hell, 3DS sales rose by 325% during Black Friday. So it's not like it was at the start of the year where people were holding off buying one. In terms of phasing out Wii VC games; I doubt that would happen.

    As the Wii U still uses the Wii Remote and the standard peripherals (right now it's only designed for 1 Wii U controller, because they're so darn expensive to make) I'd imagine Nintendo will have the consoles with games on the Wii VC available on both the Wii and the Wii U (like how games show up on both DSi Shop and 3DS eShop), while simply adding Gamecube games to the Wii U's shop. I'd imagine we'd also be able to transfer our Wii VC games to the Wii U using SD cards. So while we may not see a stream of new releases, I'd at least expect them to still be there. (Hell, speaking of VC Gamecube ports...update Colosseum and XD to be able to communicate wirelessly with Gen V/VI and gimme them xD)

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Dsiware goes on the 3DS as well right? so it's not exlusive to the DSi they are slowly fasing out the DS and Wii by next year I say they will fully transision to the 3DS and the WiiU when it comes out
    Indeed you can download DSiWare to the 3DS. However, DSiWare is still being made as opposed to exclusively being 3DSWare. It's not like we're getting more 3DSWare than DSiWare; heck, we're lucky if we get 1 new 3DSware title a month, but we get 1-2 DSiWare titles a week.
    Last edited by Joshawott; 3rd December 2011 at 04:49 AM.

  6. #2061
    Unregistered User Kingmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    352

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    The fact that the 3DS 8-month sales have beat the DS' year 1 sales says otherwise. Hell, 3DS sales rose by 325% during Black Friday. So it's not like it was at the start of the year where people were holding off buying one. In terms of phasing out Wii VC games; I doubt that would happen.
    There will be a point in time were they dont make WiiVC games. The Wii will die eventually.

    Also, I think that the majority of those sales are the result of Ninteny relesing Mario Kart and Mario 3D right before Christmas and dropping the price a few months ago. Also Zelda. People love Zelda. And MArio.
    ...

  7. #2062
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,991
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingmate View Post
    There will be a point in time were they dont make WiiVC games. The Wii will die eventually.

    Also, I think that the majority of those sales are the result of Ninteny relesing Mario Kart and Mario 3D right before Christmas and dropping the price a few months ago. Also Zelda. People love Zelda. And MArio.
    The reasons as to why the 3DS is selling are irrelevant. Obviously the console is selling because it has games people want. If it had no games people wanted, no one would buy it. Simples.

    So I'm not seeing your point...

  8. #2063
    Unregistered User Kingmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    352

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    The reasons as to why the 3DS is selling are irrelevant. Obviously the console is selling because it has games people want. If it had no games people wanted, no one would buy it. Simples.

    So I'm not seeing your point...
    You just basicly said what I said =).
    ...

  9. #2064
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post


    Indeed you can download DSiWare to the 3DS. However, DSiWare is still being made as opposed to exclusively being 3DSWare. It's not like we're getting more 3DSWare than DSiWare; heck, we're lucky if we get 1 new 3DSware title a month, but we get 1-2 DSiWare titles a week.
    Well the 3DS has not been out a year yet so it makes sense that;d they still be making DSiware which goes on the 3DS anyway.. the DSi is completly pointless now really. the 3DS gwts all thee DSiware and the 3DSware.. I say that e'll stop getting DSiware at the start of the year... around March I see DSiware being stopped completly
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

  10. #2065
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,991
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Well the 3DS has not been out a year yet so it makes sense that;d they still be making DSiware which goes on the 3DS anyway.. the DSi is completly pointless now really. the 3DS gwts all thee DSiware and the 3DSware.. I say that e'll stop getting DSiware at the start of the year... around March I see DSiware being stopped completly
    The DSi isn't completely pointless - Nintendo are still releasing new colours.

    We'll see what happens in March; but as of right now, the DS and 3DS are running side by side and the higher ups of Nintendo are confident that the DS can run alongside the 3DS at least for the time being and it is still doing so now. The Pokémon Company have also said that they are not going to leave DS gamers in the dark and we have yet to see what the next DS game is.

  11. #2066
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    The DSi isn't completely pointless - Nintendo are still releasing new colours.

    We'll see what happens in March; but as of right now, the DS and 3DS are running side by side and the higher ups of Nintendo are confident that the DS can run alongside the 3DS at least for the time being and it is still doing so now. The Pokémon Company have also said that they are not going to leave DS gamers in the dark and we have yet to see what the next DS game is.
    They kiinda are.. the only color I know is that pink one... and like you saif the 3DS is already outselling the DS so far I don't see them releasing stuff on the DSi for much longer a few months maybe but GF and Nintendo has to leave the DSi eventually and focus on the 3DS..
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

  12. #2067
    ピンクピンク! Gunaydin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Blue Blue Shiny Ball
    Posts
    91
    Blog Entries
    6

    Follow Gunaydin on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    They kiinda are.. the only color I know is that pink one... and like you saif the 3DS is already outselling the DS so far I don't see them releasing stuff on the DSi for much longer a few months maybe but GF and Nintendo has to leave the DSi eventually and focus on the 3DS..
    Of course the transition to the 3DS will happen; no console lasts forever. However, I fail to see why it should happen so soon. GameBoys and GameBoy Colors co-existed for awhile, granted they're not that different, but heck, people are still playing GameBoy Advanced, while DS', DS Lites, DSi's, DSi XL's and eventually 3DS' have come out. The 3DS has only been out for about 8 months, there are still many opportunities for sales to go down. There is no way the DS line will be discontinued 8 months into the 3DS line. Especially when it has been stated that, for now at least, the DS and 3DS can co-exist. Many people are going to suck the DS line dry of its milk before moving on. Simple.

    Back on topic, I'm not exactly sure I want RSE remakes to be on the 3DS. Granted, Hoenn would look brilliant on the 3DS, and I would buy a 3DS just for RSE/ FRLG/ BY remakes, but… I'm not sure, it'd just be too different to be, or at least, feel like a remake.
    This...is Meowth's dream. Meowth strides all over the globe scattering invitations to other Pokémon, insisting they come to "Meowth's Party". At this wonderful party, guests are packed in like sardines as Meowth climbs up the stage with its faithful guitar. It strikes a chord, pauses, and then rocks their world.

  13. #2068
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,991
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    They kiinda are.. the only color I know is that pink one... and like you saif the 3DS is already outselling the DS so far I don't see them releasing stuff on the DSi for much longer a few months maybe but GF and Nintendo has to leave the DSi eventually and focus on the 3DS..
    "The pink one" is still a new colour released 6 months after the launch of the Nintendo 3DS. The DSi is still selling. Sure the 3DS first 8-month sales have beaten the DS' first month sales, but that isn't indicating anything compared to how they are both doing while they both exist in the same market.

    Fact is, the Nintendo DSi is still relevant. It's still in production, new games are being made and released for it and hell, new colours are even being released. Hell, the 3DS was launched globally in the same month as Pokémon Black and White, yet Nintendo sold limited edition DSi console bundles with both games.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamarine Phoenix View Post
    Of course the transition to the 3DS will happen; no console lasts forever. However, I fail to see why it should happen so soon. GameBoys and GameBoy Colors co-existed for awhile, granted they're not that different, but heck, people are still playing GameBoy Advanced, while DS', DS Lites, DSi's, DSi XL's and eventually 3DS' have come out. The 3DS has only been out for about 8 months, there are still many opportunities for sales to go down. There is no way the DS line will be discontinued 8 months into the 3DS line. Especially when it has been stated that, for now at least, the DS and 3DS can co-exist. Many people are going to suck the DS line dry of its milk before moving on. Simple.

    Back on topic, I'm not exactly sure I want RSE remakes to be on the 3DS. Granted, Hoenn would look brilliant on the 3DS, and I would buy a 3DS just for RSE/ FRLG/ BY remakes, but… I'm not sure, it'd just be too different to be, or at least, feel like a remake.
    The thing is, that's what the definition of a remake is, it's something remade. If the remake was too close to the original then people would feel really ripped off.

  14. #2069
    I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,286

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    I see no reason to have a Blue version remake, unless they make it like the opposite of Yellow, where you get the Eevee and Your Rival gets the Pikachu.

  15. #2070
    Kung Fu Pancham! Rocky505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In your mom's room
    Posts
    1,232

    Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

    Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    I see no reason to have a Blue version remake, unless they make it like the opposite of Yellow, where you get the Eevee and Your Rival gets the Pikachu.
    That wouldn't work. They could basically just make an entire new game in the Kanto region. I do find a completely new game in Kanto more possible than another remake of FRLG/B/Y
    eevee_lotion likes this.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •