152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 137 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

I highly doubt 2 remakes would happen in one generation. I think its safe to say R/S would probably get remade first, then in a few generations we'll see another Kanto game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceking View Post
    I think instead of remakeing R/B again they should just port them to the 3DS as virtual console games.
    That's one of the things I've been waiting for, all of the older Poke games up to Emerald being in the eshop; would make my day.

I really hope there will be ZERO remakes in Gen. VI. Just imagine DP remakes. kinda lame
    Dread Advocate likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriiiis View Post
    That's one of the things I've been waiting for, all of the older Poke games up to Emerald being in the eshop; would make my day.
    They would cost quite a bit each, and gen 3 is still played a fair ammount still, and they just remade Gold and Silver last gen, so Red and Blue would be the only ones I think we would see.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

I would like to see Emerald be on the 3DS virtual console and Ruby and Sapphire get remakes (with elements from Emerald of course).

And put RBY and GSC on the virtual console too, because I would love to play those, but the internal batteries are all dead :(

What I wonder is, if they happen to make R/S remakes:

1.) How would they implement Emerald's story there (since they will obviously place almost all of the elements from Emerald)? Ruby and Sapphire's story only revolves around Groudon and Kyogre respectively without MUCH mention on Rayquaza, since at that point they still didn't officially reveal Rayquaza's relation to Groudon and Kyogre yet, while on Emerald, Rayquaza was the center of attention there. Maybe they will still implement the same Emerald story and features, just that the version-mascot of each version of the remakes will be given much attention than its counterpart, only below Rayquaza when it comes to roles. If this happens though, it means that Kyogre will also be available in the Ruby remake and vice-versa. This also applies to Team Aqua and Team Magma

2.) I've already mentioned this before, but how would they implement the Jade Orb, Embedded Tower, and Mr. Pokemon and Professor Oak's possession of the Red, Blue, and Jade Orbs that were present from HGSS on the R/S remakes? I guess, at the same time, we will know it's place in the timeline thru these.

3.) I've also mentioned this before: The Juan-Wallace-Steven-Gym Leader-Champion-position situation. In HGSS, Steven said that he is the champion, whereas in Emerald, Wallace is the champion and Steven is a wandering trainer, how would they handle these in the R/S remakes.

Anyway, I guess one of the advantages of making R/S remakes is the inclusion of the move tutors from Generation III which will make a comeback in the said remakes IF there will be. :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceking View Post
    I think instead of remakeing R/B again they should just port them to the 3DS as virtual console games.
    Meh.

I wanna see R/S with B/W graphics and sound quality or even better... not just a port on Virtual Console.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou View Post
    Meh.

I wanna see R/S with B/W graphics and sound quality or even better... not just a port on Virtual Console.
    No no, I want Ruby and Saphire remakes. I want Red and Blue to be ported to the virtual console.

Blog Entries

Given that we haven't seen a single Pokemon game on the VC I don;t see a main game on it... Hobnestly give Kanto a break and it can make it's retern in VI Because I want Water Blue/Thunder Yellow (I think that'd) be the title) and MAYBE see D/P remakes in VIIsince by then ir'll be 2018 if both V and VI last 4 years and we'll centin;y might have a new game consile by then (4DS?) and it might not be ab;e to play DS games putting D/P in the same spot R/S is now)
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

The Wii's virtual console has Pokemon games. I just don't think we've given the 3DS VC time to add them.

They could always add games, and I have heard that they WILL expand it eventually (adding games, and even including games from SEGA handhelds too, like Game Gear games)
    Chriiiis likes this.

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    The Wii's virtual console has Pokemon games. I just don't think we've given the 3DS VC time to add them.

They could always add games, and I have heard that they WILL expand it eventually (adding games, and even including games from SEGA handhelds too, like Game Gear games)
    None of those Pokemon games on the Wii VC are main games. People were also saying they hope they add the Stadium games to the Wii VC but they didn't. Chances of a main pokemon game on the VC are slim. Our best bets are the TCG game and the Pinball ones.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post
    None of those Pokemon games on the Wii VC are main games. People were also saying they hope they add the Stadium games to the Wii VC but they didn't. Chances of a main pokemon game on the VC are slim. Our best bets are the TCG game and the Pinball ones.
    THANK YOU!!!! somebody FINALLY agree's with me... but it'd love a new collo game thouygh I miss IOrre and since it is based on Arizona it'd fit right with Unova
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

The reason Stadium and Stadium 2 were most likely not made available on the Wii Virtual Console is their reliance on the Gameboy games and the incompatibility with the transfer pak. The incompatibility with hardware needed to play the game is probably the same reason Hey You Pikachu! wasn't either. However, every other N64 Pokémon spin-off was released.

In regards to the possibility of Pokémon games appearing on the 3DS Virtual Console, keep in mind that the majority of games made available so far were released before 1996. The full Japanese list is:

So really, aside from 1 Gameboy game (which is merely an enhanced port of old Game & Watch titles) and the 4 Gameboy Colour titles (only 1 of which being available outside of Japan...guess which one it is?), there have been no Gameboy Virtual Console titles made during the year, or in year's following RG's original release that have been released on the Virtual Console. The huge amount of games from 1989-1992 is most likely because Nintendo is trying to pace the Gameboy's lifespan throughout the 3DS'.
    Last edited by Joshawott; 2nd December 2011 at 12:54 PM.
    Silktree, H-con, Chriiiis and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingmate View Post
    They would cost quite a bit each, and gen 3 is still played a fair ammount still, and they just remade Gold and Silver last gen, so Red and Blue would be the only ones I think we would see.
    Would be great still to be able to play all of the games on one handheld, so I wouldn't mind if they weren't cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post
    You speak as if the Wii VC is dead, which it isn't, lol.

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Chriiiis View Post
    [COLOR="#ff8c00"]

You speak as if the Wii VC is dead, which it isn't, lol.
    It pretty much is because of the Wii U next year.