152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 136 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Quote Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
    Wait due to baseball matches? Oh Japan, you so silly!
    Baseball game went into extra-innings. It happens all the time with sporting events here; if a football (or 'soccer' to the Americans) match goes into extra time, it sometimes affects the schedule.

But...R/S remakes wouldn't have new Pokemon, so what would make it not just Generation V if the console has no effect on it?
    Thing is, there has never been a Pokémon generation split between two consoles (and before anyone brings it up again - although Gold and Silver worked on a Gameboy, they were marketed as Gameboy Colour games). The main thing is though, GameFreak don't have to release a Ruby/Sapphire remake only "before the third version" or "directly after the third version". In my opinion, the timeline will go something like this (Japanese release dates):
    2012: Unova 3rd Version (DS)
    2013: Generation VI Primary Pair (3DS)
    2015: Ruby/Sapphire Remakes or Gen VI Third Version (3DS)
    2016: Ruby/Sapphire Remakes or Gen VI Third Version (3DS; Whichever wasn't in 2015).

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Thing is, there has never been a Pokémon generation split between two consoles (and before anyone brings it up again - although Gold and Silver worked on a Gameboy, they were marketed as Gameboy Colour games). The main thing is though, GameFreak don't have to release a Ruby/Sapphire remake only "before the third version" or "directly after the third version". In my opinion, the timeline will go something like this (Japanese release dates):
    2012: Unova 3rd Version (DS)
    2013: Generation VI Primary Pair (3DS)
    2015: Ruby/Sapphire Remakes or Gen VI Third Version (3DS)
    2016: Ruby/Sapphire Remakes or Gen VI Third Version (3DS; Whichever wasn't in 2015).
    Crystal was exclusively GBC though, so in that way it would be 'different' than Gold and Silver because of them being playable on the Gameboy, so you can't really call it a 100% group. Just like they don't have to be only 'right' before/after a third 3rd version doesn't mean they wouldn't be(not saying they will), we can only really just go by whatever.

If they do hold back the RS remakes for Gen VI and finish off Gray/Gen V on the DS, one thing that wouldn't make sense, imo, is the Pokedex 3D app, as it is based off of Gen V Pokemon. Unless they could pull off getting those models on the DS, what would be the point in them releasing it this early, or at all for that matter, when they could have saved it for the Hoenn/Gen VI region's Pokemon?

By that, I mean that if they are just going to leave Unova on the DS, what is the point in having models for the next console when it could have been used for Pokes whose regions would actually start off that console, to promote them? Something doesn't add up here...

In any case, I would hope RS remakes/Gray are as great as they can be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    It wouldn't make sense for Gray to be on the 3DS, as the other members of its trio (B&W) aren't. Now, R&S remakes aren't part of that family, so it wouldn't matter.
    Wait... I thought Gold and Silver were playable on the regular Gameboy and Crystal was only playable on the GBC I may be wrong that's what someone told me. R/S remakes will be on the 3DS no doubt about it.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fullbring View Post
    Wait... I thought Gold and Silver were playable on the regular Gameboy and Crystal was only playable on the GBC I may be wrong that's what someone told me. R/S remakes will be on the 3DS no doubt about it.
    Gold and Silver were just GameBoy Color games that were backwards compatible with the GameBoy. They were advertised as GBC games back in the day, and the games' boxes had "GameBoy Color" on it (Like where DS games' boxes have Nintendo DS written on the left side).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chriiiis View Post
    Crystal was exclusively GBC though, so in that way it would be 'different' than Gold and Silver because of them being playable on the Gameboy, so you can't really call it a 100% group. Just like they don't have to be only 'right' before/after a third 3rd version doesn't mean they wouldn't be(not saying they will), we can only really just go by whatever.

If they do hold back the RS remakes for Gen VI and finish off Gray/Gen V on the DS, one thing that wouldn't make sense, imo, is the Pokedex 3D app, as it is based off of Gen V Pokemon. Unless they could pull off getting those models on the DS, what would be the point in them releasing it this early, or at all for that matter, when they could have saved it for the Hoenn/Gen VI region's Pokemon?

By that, I mean that if they are just going to leave Unova on the DS, what is the point in having models for the next console when it could have been used for Pokes whose regions would actually start off that console, to promote them? Something doesn't add up here...

In any case, I would hope RS remakes/Gray are as great as they can be.
    It can be 100% though because despite Crystal being GBC-only while Gold and Silver are not, they were advertised worldwide as Gameboy Colour games, so they are officially Gameboy Colour games. They're only considered Gameboy titles by the fandom.

In regard to Pokédex 3D, if I'm honest, I can't see your point. The reason it's Unova-only is because that's what the current games, TCG sets and anime are focusing on - it's what the kids want to see. There is an "Update" button which will probably be utilised when later games are released. I highly doubt they would have been able to have all the models as a DSiWare title (heck, DSiWare is notorious for its small file size).

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Fullbring View Post
    While G/S were playable on the Game Boy they were marketed as Game Boy Color games. GF has put themselves in a bad situation not realesing them on the 3DS

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Gold and Silver were just GameBoy Color games that were backwards compatible with the GameBoy. They were advertised as GBC games back in the day, and the games' boxes had "GameBoy Color" on it (Like where DS games' boxes have Nintendo DS written on the left side).
    Plus that is like saying that the GBA main games are DS games since they can be played on the DS and Lite. And about the 5th gym in one year thing. There could be a filler season like what they did with the Orange Islands and Battle Frontier to promote RS remakes.

It can be 100% though because despite Crystal being GBC-only while Gold and Silver are not, they were advertised worldwide as Gameboy Colour games, so they are officially Gameboy Colour games. They're only considered Gameboy titles by the fandom.

In regard to Pokédex 3D, if I'm honest, I can't see your point. The reason it's Unova-only is because that's what the current games, TCG sets and anime are focusing on - it's what the kids want to see. There is an "Update" button which will probably be utilised when later games are released. I highly doubt they would have been able to have all the models as a DSiWare title (heck, DSiWare is notorious for its small file size).
    I'm not talking about what they are marketed as, I'm talking about the ability to be played on the Gameboy as to why they technically aren't a 100% group.

Also seems you missed a bit of my point on the Pokedex. It's clear they want to market BW and Unova, but what doesn't make sense to me is why they brought out 3D Unova models if they had no plan on using them anytime soon(within a couple years), there are other ways to promote it than to bring out something that isn't even going to be used soon enough. They could have saved it for an actual region that would be brought first or whenever to the 3DS; not much sense into releasing 3D models for a game that is going to be 'poor' 3D/2D(not saying the games are bad, just that they aren't really "3D").

Btw, when did I say they would use the models for a DSi title? :p I was just referring back to why it's a bit odd to put that kind of work into a free app that isn't even going to be used for the region/Gen. They could have just waited until after BW's 3rd version and used it as advertisement for the first Gen VI game to actually use them closer to the release of it.

Hmm...come to think of it, a spin off title could use it, but that's for another topic.

Fruit of Prosperity Pomegranate's Avatar

I'm not talking about what they are marketed as, I'm talking about the ability to be played on the Gameboy as to why they technically aren't a 100% group.

Also seems you missed a bit of my point on the Pokedex. It's clear they want to market BW and Unova, but what doesn't make sense to me is why they brought out 3D Unova models if they had no plan on using them anytime soon(within a couple years), there are other ways to promote it than to bring out something that isn't even going to be used soon enough. They could have saved it for an actual region that would be brought first or whenever to the 3DS; not much sense into releasing 3D models for a game that is going to be 'poor' 3D/2D(not saying the games are bad, just that they aren't really "3D").

Btw, when did I say they would use the models for a DSi title? :p I was just referring back to why it's a bit odd to put that kind of work into a free app that isn't even going to be used for the region/Gen. They could have just waited until after BW's 3rd version and used it as advertisement for the first Gen VI game to actually use them closer to the release of it.

Hmm...come to think of it, a spin off title could use it, but that's for another topic.
    For what it's worth, I have a friend who's been using the 3D models from various Pokemon games, and he noted that the ones in the 3Dex were much higher quality than the 3D models they actually used in spinoffs, even the recent ones. Seems rather strange that they'd work harder on a free piece of software over the games they actually make money on.
    Chriiiis likes this.
    "Let us go early to the vineyards to see if the pomegranates are in bloom - there I will give you my love."

Blog Entries

Regardless of their ability to be played on Gameboy consoles, Gold and Silver were marketed as Gameboy Colour games, so in the eyes of GameFreak and Nintendo, they are Gameboy Colour games. So they are a 100% group, regardless of what the fandom may say.

One theory I have for Pokédex 3D is that The Pokémon Company were using it as a testing ground to see what they can do with the Nintendo 3DS. I imagine that this is why we often see a spin-off title released for a new console before a main series. Even if GameFreak aren't going to release a 3DS Pokémon game next, they are obviously currently working on it - Black and White entered early development as soon as Diamond and Pearl were released, for example.

Blog Entries

Hmm...come to think of it, a spin off title could use it, but that's for another topic.[/B][/COLOR]
    PokéPark 2 already uses those models, and appropriately so since that game was developed by Creatures who designed the models. Whenever a console battle game is released, the models will be used there, too. Game Freak may eventually use them, but they aren't even their own creations.

It's one thing to think that the transition to the 3DS will be made in this generation, but the idea of sprites being replaced by 3D models within an existing generation is a huge stretch. That's the sort of overhaul that would be reserved for a new generation.

Regardless of their ability to be played on Gameboy consoles, Gold and Silver were marketed as Gameboy Colour games, so in the eyes of GameFreak and Nintendo, they are Gameboy Colour games. So they are a 100% group, regardless of what the fandom may say.

One theory I have for Pokédex 3D is that The Pokémon Company were using it as a testing ground to see what they can do with the Nintendo 3DS. I imagine that this is why we often see a spin-off title released for a new console before a main series. Even if GameFreak aren't going to release a 3DS Pokémon game next, they are obviously currently working on it - Black and White entered early development as soon as Diamond and Pearl were released, for example.
    Exactly, it's their creation so they can say whatever they want as official. Aside from the "it's theirs, so nothing anyone else says matters" is what I was referring to.

It's nice that they were testing it but, imo, it would've been a little nicer if it was released a bit closer to the date that it would first be used on the 3DS(like within a year or so); it just rises expectations a bit high is what I'm saying, if it is released too early. :/

Nonetheless, I wouldn't mind one bit if they decided to wait on Raunchy Ruby and Sexy Sapphire to make them great and on the 3DS, they deserve it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    PokéPark 2 already uses those models, and appropriately so since that game was developed by Creatures who designed the models. Whenever a console battle game is released, the models will be used there, too. Game Freak may eventually use them, but they aren't even their own creations.

It's one thing to think that the transition to the 3DS will be made in this generation, but the idea of sprites being replaced by 3D models within an existing generation is a huge stretch. That's the sort of overhaul that would be reserved for a new generation.
    You mean handheld wise? 3D has been here for a while, as generations don't just consist of the main games. I know Creatures made the Pokedex, but I figured that a game would be released on the actual console it was brought on(3DS obviously) in the Gen it's released in.

It's a shame they were so far into BW to not be able to convert them without using up more valuable time/money.
    sonic10158 likes this.

Blog Entries

As this is now a general remakes discussion, I'm going to post something I've been thinking they should do. Instead of remaking FR/LG, which are already remakes anyway, why not make a Yellow remake? Then they won't be constantly remaking the same games every other generation! Of course, I don't know what they'll do when they get all the way up to Generation VII.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

I think instead of remakeing R/B again they should just port them to the 3DS as virtual console games.

Going by order of games, RS should have remakes this generation. I'm not exactly for this, since I didn't care a whole awful lot for RS, however I did enjoy Emerald. Also, I like the fact that every generation has had a Kanto-based game, or the ability to go to Kanto, and I do not want that trend to end. So I have two ideas for this gen's remakes.

Idea 1: Remake Emerald and Yellow, instead of RS or FRLG.

Idea 2: Before BW's third version remake RS, and remake FRLG (or Yellow) after the third version.