152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 133 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

I hope we get to see some great views from the Cable Car that goes up to the top of Mount Chimney, not just an image of yourself

Or, if RSE remakes end up on the 3DS (Which I kinda doubt), maybe at the top of the mountain, there will be pairs of those binoculars, like you see at national parks, that when you look into them, you can ACTUALLY see what your character sees, and you can use the gyroscope in the 3DS to look around. Man, I would love to see Lavaridge Town, Fallarbor Town, Meteor Falls, and even Mount. Chimney's mountainside!

I know this would kind of defeat the purpose of a remake, but I'd want the same graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbertCressLover View Post
    I know this would kind of defeat the purpose of a remake, but I'd want the same graphics.
    Well, updated graphics wouldn't be the only benefit the DS/3DS technology would bring. All the additions and changes to the franchise made in 4th and 5th Gen as well are there. The Physical-Special split, new evos for Hoenn Pokemon that can be used on NPC teams (and they removed that annoying can't evolve Pokemon into Pokemon that didn't exist in the original gen that FRLG had in HGSS and I would love to go around Hoenn with a Roserade, Gallade, Magnezone, etc.) As well as incorporating the touch screen, the fully animated battles from BW, the new items, abilities and movesets that can make Gym Leaders, Elite Four and the like more challenging, the ability to change around NPC teams so that overused Kanto Pokemon appear less and Hoenn (and maybe some Johto Pokemon) get more spotlight.

Giving Brendan/May as rivals more attention and a bigger part in the story (like they gave Silver more to do in HGSS) and having the build up with Wally reaching Victory Road from his humble beginnings more attention as well (like actually battling him more than once before Victory Road, something I wish was in the originals and he can evolve his Roselia and Magneton too, perhaps give him a sixth Pokemon like a Flygon or Masquerain). I like all three characters a lot, but I've seen complaints about their role and I think they deserve bigger parts to play in the game. Also I like how Rowan and Juniper showed up a lot throughout their games, and think Birch could have more of a role too (he's supposed to not like sitting in a lab all the time, so why not have random cameos or the like of him exploring various routes and researching? He stays too close to Littleroot, whereas Rowan in particular was in several places, even a place like the Spear Pillar...)

Giving Team Aqua and Magma more varied teams of Pokemon to use, including the Grunts as well would be nice and keep the battles fresh, something I think Team Plasma and the Rockets (in GSC/HGSS) could have used. Also Archie and Maxie need bigger and better teams to set them further apart from the Grunts/Admins. Secret Bases can have even more decorations added into the game, and perhaps raise the decoration limit as well (and no Underground bases either, the original bases). Same for contests, the additions in DP can stay in DPPt as far as I'm concerned. And the Battle Frontier too, keep the original Brains and the Facilities, but updated with 4th/5th Gen Pokemon, new moves, items, etc.)

Something updated graphics could help with is the sea routes/diving underwater. With the latter, the DS/3DS tech can work wonders (like instead of fishing for Corsola, perhaps have a large coral reef somewhere and have them be common appearances in there, would look awesome). They could do all sorts of pretty things with Hoenn's already scenic environments. Character sprites can be updated too (like the wonderful job OoT 3D did with Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, etc.) using the better technology to update their looks will still having them the way it was intended for them to appear and remain easily recognisable and on-model. Preferably with Brendan retaining his Emerald outfit, and May her RS one. There's a lot of neat things they can do with the originals with all the added technology benefits since when Emerald was made that could make Hoenn an even bigger delight to adventure through that it currently is now on the GBA.

Blog Entries

Follow Gunaydin on Tumblr

Honestly, I want sequels. But I wouldn't mind remakes. I'm not sure if they'll be released before or after Grey, but I'm sure that they will be released before the start if Gen 6.
    Look: Gen 3: Core, remake. Gen 4: Core, remake. Gen 5: Core, remake.
    It's just a patten that is likely to be fufiled. I personally don't want a 3DS remake, although the games would look great on 3DS, would it truly be a remake? It's just too different.
    This...is Meowth's dream. Meowth strides all over the globe scattering invitations to other Pokémon, insisting they come to "Meowth's Party". At this wonderful party, guests are packed in like sardines as Meowth climbs up the stage with its faithful guitar. It strikes a chord, pauses, and then rocks their world.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Chriiiis View Post
    Btw, it's a 'pattern' anyway you look at it. Not only is it 'remake/new/remake' or so you say, that keeps going on so it could also be seen as 'new/remake/new', or mixed up as it was with RS/FrLg/E.
    Pattern? There is no pattern. That's just wishful thinking at best. Looking at "patterns", one might deduce from gen III that remakes should come before the third version, but looking at gen IV, that makes no sense either. Two generations isn't enough to establish a pattern. I doubt Hoenn will be remade this generation. Later is not only more viable and quite frankly, better , but I think more probable as well. The focus of a game company shouldn't be on older content, it should be about taking what's good from older games and making even better games.
    YamiiDenryuu likes this.

as much as I wish for RSEmakesto be released: two points make line, not a pattern.
    sonic10158 and Zspara like this.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

People talk patterns this patterns that, if its happened this way before then its gotta happen the same way again. Personally I think there is no pattern. H-con is right. The remakes could be released at any time. It could happen after Gray, before Gray or not during Gen 5 at all. They could easily be released during Gen 6 leaving Gen 5 with no remake at all.
    H-con likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    People talk patterns this patterns that, if its happened this way before then its gotta happen the same way again. Personally I think there is no pattern. H-con is right. The remakes could be released at any time. It could happen after Gray, before Gray or not during Gen 5 at all. They could easily be released during Gen 6 leaving Gen 5 with no remake at all.
    I still think that something will happen in gen5 concerning a remake, and that it will be RS, although I do agreee with you in saying that there could be no remake at all. (during gen5)
    Last edited by Kingmate; 23rd November 2011 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Clearing up sentacne meaning

Blog Entries

Thats not what I mean, I mean the R/S remake may be made after Gen 5 not that there wont be one. I think there definately will be.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Due to the large increase in discussion of the possibilities of remakes other than Ruby/Sapphire, it has been decided to expand this thread to include other potential remakes (Excluding Generation IV and Generation V). The thread rules are on the first post, but here they are just for convenience:

• Respect other users and their opinion, do not participate in flamewars, and keep discussions civil.
    • Comments that merely state whether or not one wants remakes are considered spam.
    • For the purpose of the discussion, discussion on the validity of remakes is a no-no. Assume that all remakes are going to happen and discuss what new features you would like to see et cetera.
    • Discussion of remakes of games from Generation IV (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver) and Generation V (Black/White) are a no-no
    • Do not address rulebreakers yourself. Report them.

Failure to comply with these rules will result in spam, or potentially flaming/trolling infractions. Repeated offenders will be dealt with severely. And if these rules are broken enough times, the ban will be reinstated.

Blog Entries

FR/LG remakes aren't going to happen... Why would thety remake a remake? Please change it back tojust R/S the FR/LGthng is stupd.

D/P won't be remade anytime soon either They are playable on the 3DS I say they'll wait till at least Gen VII. And It's FAR to early to talk aout B/W remakes they haven't been out a year world-wide
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

Follow Gunaydin on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    FR/LG remakes aren't going to happen... Why would thety remake a remake? Please change it back tojust R/S the FR/LGthng is stupd.
    FRLG remakes are more likely to be sequels, or it could possibly be a BY remake intstead, which in my opinion is close enough. I think that it is very unlikely, but it's still possible. But I digress.
    We were told to assume it's going to happen and discuss it; I really don't see what's so stupid about that.

D/P won't be remade anytime soon either They are playable on the 3DS I say they'll wait till at least Gen VII. And It's FAR to early to talk aout B/W remakes they haven't been out a year world-wide
    Well, this is why I assume it's against the thread's rules to discuss it.
    This...is Meowth's dream. Meowth strides all over the globe scattering invitations to other Pokémon, insisting they come to "Meowth's Party". At this wonderful party, guests are packed in like sardines as Meowth climbs up the stage with its faithful guitar. It strikes a chord, pauses, and then rocks their world.

Blog Entries

D/P remakes? They havent even remade R/S yet. That'll be a few generations down the line. Probably not till Gen 7 or 8. Im still going to assume R/S are first then other remakes.

FR/LG remakes sequels I want a LOT of stuff
    - A cave where there is wild Pokémon up to level 90
    - Super powerful Elite 4, but I want the same people
    - Improved gyms where there is new challenges, where the same gym leaders remain
    - New rival, new champion
    - When you become you actually stay a champion
    That's about it for now
    "Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Did I only mention FRLG? Nope I didn't =3. Earlier this year there was a (false) rumour of a 3DS remake of Pokémon XD which has sparked interested in those games. Also, who says only main series games can be remade? You never know with Pokémon.

Also in regards to DP, discussion of Generation IV and V remakes isn't allowed simply because the idea of them at this point is silly.