152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 132 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion *READ FIRST POST*

Why not, instead of releasing a remake of Ruby and Sapphire, just releasing a remake of Emerald. And then, same with FireRed and LeafGreen. Just release WaterBlue, or something. (Apologies for the lame name). So the release would be just them two. Just a suggestion.

Oh, and according to the Bulbapedia timeline, the Hoenn and Kanto stories occur at the same time. So, if GameFreak make the remakes so you can traverse to Kanto after beating the Elite Four in Hoenn, the final challenge would be Red, because he would be the current champion of Kanto.
    Last edited by Joshawott; 21st November 2011 at 03:00 PM.

back for now... returnofmastercrazyhand's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add returnofmastercrazyhand on Facebook
    Visit returnofmastercrazyhand's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by a0161613 View Post
    Yeah, you're a little bit of an troll aren't you. Go use a dictionary and come back when you are grown up. I would buy a Gen V remake of Kanto but it would have to be more than just a port of what was in HG & SS. And like most sane people, I would want to see Hoenn remade first.
    i'm not a troll i'm on the topic my,did you even READ the other posts?
    some dude thought you couldn't remake a remake, so i told him you can and he replied that they were straight up ports not remakes.
    read before you reply
    back on topic i want a collusuem/xd remake on top of R/S/E and FR/LG
    OK the person above me double posted and I get in trouble first? lame
    I claim pokemon magmaruby, aquasapphire, ultra red, and super blue versions
    text only sigs are dumb.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by master crazy hand View Post
    i'm not a troll i'm on the topic my,did you even READ the other posts?
    some dude thought you couldn't remake a remake, so i told him you can and he replied that they were straight up ports not remakes.
    read before you reply
    back on topic i want a collusuem/xd remake on top of R/S/E and FR/LG
    OK the person above me double posted and I get in trouble first? lame
    Not to minimod, but you're still technically off-topic. The thread is for RSEmakes, not Colloseum, XD, or FRLG.

---

On topic, I'm hoping that GF will be announcing (or at least hinting at) RSEmakes at Jump Festa. :D I've talked with people about how GF might want to use these games as a buffer between BW and Gray, because BW were hyped so much already and Gray will probably be hyped even more. RSEmakes will be easy moneymakers, and also give GF a bit of a rest-period between Unova games.

Also, the Dream World has been releasing a lot of berries that were previously intended for Pokéblocks. Could this mean RSEmakes are soon? :D I know people have said before that the berries aren't a sure sign, but they aren't worth all that much to sell to Maniacs in BW... so what other reason do we need these berries for besides Pokéblocks? #wishfulthinking

I wonder if we'll see any DW ability 'mons in-game in RSEmakes? :D Like the Friday Musharna and such in BW. I'd love for, like, a 1-2% chance of your starter having its DW ability. That would be awesome, and I would probably spend a month or so resetting for a DW-ability Torchic. XD

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

That would be a nice feature. Maybe they'll find some way to encorporate hidden abilities in game. I do think this would be a good time to release the remakes as well. It would satisfy a lot of Pokemon fans and give them some time to finish Gray, while they make more profit off the remakes. I honestly would like to see the remakes released soon, it would be something new and different and give you a second chance to explore an older, but updated region.
    Kingmate likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

A good time to release remakes? Is really remakes - new game - remakes beneficial to any game series, and especially something as repetitive as pokémon? I would hardly call such nostalgia-focus beneficial to anything. Except perhaps for profits, but you must excuse me for thinking about other things than Gamefreaks economic prospects when considering what the next game should be. I doubt they'll go bankrupt if they were to release a third version...

I wonder if we'll see any DW ability 'mons in-game in RSEmakes? :D Like the Friday Musharna and such in BW. I'd love for, like, a 1-2% chance of your starter having its DW ability. That would be awesome, and I would probably spend a month or so resetting for a DW-ability Torchic. XD
    That would be awesome, but I will be using a month, more or less on an Unburden Treecko.

I'm really excited about the hopefully Ruby & Sapphire remake. The story line should be like in Emerald. Battle Frontier, Rayquaza vs. Kyogre & Groundon scene, Magma Hideout and Wallace as Champion. Hopefully an event with Deoxys on Birth Island.

Hoenn was always my favorite region. I restarted my Sapphire over about 20 times. Sometimes to just enjoy the game and pokes, sometimes to go through the main game without evolving my starter. Let me just tell you dudes and dudettes, Torchic doesn't have advantages againts most of the Gym Leaders.

I'll be waiting patiently for the remake C:
    Georgie Pie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    A good time to release remakes? Is really remakes - new game - remakes beneficial to any game series, and especially something as repetitive as pokémon? I would hardly call such nostalgia-focus beneficial to anything. Except perhaps for profits, but you must excuse me for thinking about other things than Gamefreaks economic prospects when considering what the next game should be. I doubt they'll go bankrupt if they were to release a third version...
    Yes it is benifical. Ill take DPP as an example. Before HGSS, to get Johto pokemon (and thus complete the Dex) was a bit of a nightmare, depending on were you lived etc. Getting Lugia, Ho-oh and the Johto starters was almost impossible. Relesing HGSS (and before it, FrLg) was a dream come true, cause those pokemon became redily avalible. While not as important for BW (because Hoenn pokemon can be found in past generations and migrated over with some ease) people may not have access to them, because they are a new player or dont have people to traded with etc.

No, they wont go bankrupt if they decide to play the 3rd game card they would sell just as well as RS. GF are in a position were the franchise is so popular, that any mainstream game will sell well.

Also, 3rd gen is getting somewhat old now. I mentioned new players before, they will get the chance to play RS, much like newer players get to play Zelda OoT now.

Blog Entries

Wouldn't it be cool of Pokémon that were migrated from the original R/S/E games to the R/S/E remakes would unlock something? Maybe they would have DW abilities?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingmate View Post
    Yes it is benifical. Ill take DPP as an example. Before HGSS, to get Johto pokemon (and thus complete the Dex) was a bit of a nightmare, depending on were you lived etc. Getting Lugia, Ho-oh and the Johto starters was almost impossible. Relesing HGSS (and before it, FrLg) was a dream come true, cause those pokemon became redily avalible. While not as important for BW (because Hoenn pokemon can be found in past generations and migrated over with some ease) people may not have access to them, because they are a new player or dont have people to traded with etc.

No, they wont go bankrupt if they decide to play the 3rd game card they would sell just as well as RS. GF are in a position were the franchise is so popular, that any mainstream game will sell well.

Also, 3rd gen is getting somewhat old now. I mentioned new players before, they will get the chance to play RS, much like newer players get to play Zelda OoT now.
    In adition GF hs been moving away from the PalPark for years... B/W were pretty much made for thr DSi which is incompatible fwiththe GBA and the nextame will most lickley be put on thr 3DS... so transfering is almost impossible for newer fans who have to get a DSphat/lite and a copyof R/S neither of which is being made anymore remaking R/S will make Gen III pokemonn vastly easierto get. we didn't NEED HG/SS it was 100% fanservice an nothing is wrong with that..
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kingmate View Post
    Well, that certainly explains why they decided to put Hoenn legendaries and starters easily obtainable in HGSS then. With gen IV-V trading requires the same as gen IV internal trading, the conditions are radically different back when Johto pokémon were scarce (Ho-Oh/Lugia being event, Johto starters being generally rare, not like now), making the comparison on those terms pretty moot.

However, that's not what I meant. My question was whether a game series like pokémon benefits from having two of three games launched in three years being remakes. I still can't really imagine why anyone would want this. I would certainly be a lot more positive towards remake if it hadn't been gen III fans that keep shouting about how they want them now (that, and more changes than HGSS introduced to Johto, I could mention a lot that should be changed in Johto, the same goes for Hoenn, I would prefer a sequel though). If they were to release a remake in, say, 3-4 years from now, I wouldn't really have any issues with it at all.

This seems to me like older fans forcing their opinion on younger players, but maybe that's just me. Every kid doesn't have to play all the games in the series to appreciate it. This isn't just visible in pokémon, I feel that generally 90-kids often act like their opinion is superior on matters like these, and that their childhood was superior. I should make it clear that I despise nostalgia though, most certainly in video games. Keeping to a nice formula isn't nostalgia (provided some change and additions over the years), but shamelessly reusing content for the sake of nostalgia is not positive.

Any game series, especially pokémon, isn't benefited from having remake-new game-remake in three years. As much as I wouldn't prefer a "standard" third version (sequel or something completely new, though I don't think the latter is realistic), I would take that over a remake, as it has the most potential to add something to the series.
    Owain likes this.

Norway (NO! I do NOT ride on a polar bear to school!)

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion *READ FIRST POST*

Quote Originally Posted by Chriiiis View Post
    If the names are different, I wouldn't mind. As for a game with both Hoenn and Kanto in it, that would be a must by there. Everyone is talking about how a remake of FrLg wouldn't be worth making on it's own AND people have wanted something else with Hoenn, I would see that as a great compromise. It would bring both Gens (not regions, as Kanto has been caught up, just not the storyline). Perhaps your rivals from the one you start at can join you in your journey to the other region so you can have more rivals, lol.

In order to prevent the mess of what levels the pokemon in the 2nd region would be, you could be made to 'start over' in the 2nd region, with your first region's Pokemon being inaccessible until you beat the 2nd region's E4. I don't know if it's just me, but that annoyed me in Johto.

I like the idea of rivals following you, and also the idea of pokemon levels. Nice thought!

back for now... returnofmastercrazyhand's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add returnofmastercrazyhand on Facebook
    Visit returnofmastercrazyhand's Youtube Channel

i want more hints to REmakeS of R/S/E and i too hope the's the annoucment at jump festa
    remakes of ruby and sapphire must be made!!!!
    I claim pokemon magmaruby, aquasapphire, ultra red, and super blue versions
    text only sigs are dumb.

Blog Entries

Well, that certainly explains why they decided to put Hoenn legendaries and starters easily obtainable in HGSS then. With gen IV-V trading requires the same as gen IV internal trading, the conditions are radically different back when Johto pokémon were scarce (Ho-Oh/Lugia being event, Johto starters being generally rare, not like now), making the comparison on those terms pretty moot.

However, that's not what I meant. My question was whether a game series like pokémon benefits from having two of three games launched in three years being remakes. I still can't really imagine why anyone would want this. I would certainly be a lot more positive towards remake if it hadn't been gen III fans that keep shouting about how they want them now (that, and more changes than HGSS introduced to Johto, I could mention a lot that should be changed in Johto, the same goes for Hoenn, I would prefer a sequel though). If they were to release a remake in, say, 3-4 years from now, I wouldn't really have any issues with it at all.

This seems to me like older fans forcing their opinion on younger players, but maybe that's just me. Every kid doesn't have to play all the games in the series to appreciate it. This isn't just visible in pokémon, I feel that generally 90-kids often act like their opinion is superior on matters like these, and that their childhood was superior. I should make it clear that I despise nostalgia though, most certainly in video games. Keeping to a nice formula isn't nostalgia (provided some change and additions over the years), but shamelessly reusing content for the sake of nostalgia is not positive.

Any game series, especially pokémon, isn't benefited from having remake-new game-remake in three years. As much as I wouldn't prefer a "standard" third version (sequel or something completely new, though I don't think the latter is realistic), I would take that over a remake, as it has the most potential to add something to the series.
    This is not a place to debate weather or not remakes will be remade H-con you would know this if you looked at the first page
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    This is not a place to debate weather or not remakes will be remade H-con you would know this if you looked at the first page
    That I can agree with, though looking at your previous post, I could really be saying the same to you. I was pointing out how stupid it is to put remakes so close, I did say that I wouldn't mind RS remakes, just in three-four years or so. More original content is needed before that. I'd say that's on-topic.

That I can agree with, though looking at your previous post, I could really be saying the same to you. I was pointing out how stupid it is to put remakes so close, I did say that I wouldn't mind RS remakes, just in three-four years or so. More original content is needed before that. I'd say that's on-topic.
    Other stuff does come out inbetween, that's where spin offs come in. If you are specifically talking about core games, you'd have to take that up with GF then. I don't really mind them as I never have a problem with main games. My guess would be that they only want the 'new' stuff coming in with the introduction to new gens and would prefer that those are spaced enough apart. A 'sequel' to an older game would kind of fit in I presume, but then that would require even more work on their part than they have now(how *fill in a region* would have changed overtime and be enough to be considered 'new') and it would be kind of a mess if they didn't implement it in right. They probably just leave the 'original' stuff to spin off creators.

I'm perfectly fine with what is going on now, just wish they would take some extra time though to make the games as good as they could be(which is made obvious by BW obviously being rushed). I don't see RS remakes being too quick to come out if they are being introduced in Spring, as this Gen is still most likely a couple years from being over and then the next would occupy another year + if anymore remakes were being considered. I just hope that the RS remakes come out as good as they can be though, which is why I wouldn't mind waiting a year or so more.

Btw, it's a 'pattern' anyway you look at it. Not only is it 'remake/new/remake' or so you say, that keeps going on so it could also be seen as 'new/remake/new', or mixed up as it was with RS/FrLg/E.