152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 131 of 239 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Registered User AnchorsWillDrownUs's Avatar

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

I wouldn't mind remakes at all. I think that it's much better to make a remake, than to strain creativity trying to make something entirely new. But whenever remakes are made, it's nice that they're often longer, and have a lot added to them. If I was remaking Ruby or Sapphire, after the Elite Four I would add an entirely new section that included hours upon hours of more game play. That way players could enjoy the old game, but then have a ton of new surprises in store for them.

^ Pokethlon + Battle Frontier + Contests(with online/wifi available) included with whatever you were thinking of and we have a beautiful post game.

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion *READ FIRST POST*

The Battle Frontier kinda annoyed me. I mean, Sure, it finally explained why Gallade was Psychic/Fight and Medicham was Fighitng/Psychic (so you couldnt use them both in one of the games, apparently. So neither would be able to do double because its a type requirement...Jerks.) But it was never a satisfying answer.

As for the pokewalker? Id need to see some alternative to agree with you. See, for reasons that arent important right now, health problems keep me inactive. You know how depressing is when youre so sick you cant get beyond the first tier of pokewalker items and pokemon? Really depressing. Though it did let me feel a bit happy keeping my raichu close by..Im not sure why...But yeah, that was always really upsetting for me. And I have working legs!

Imagine if say, someone who got into video games as a way to distract from say, paralysis. Strawman argument, yes, but i do think its a valid point to conisder. These games mean a lot on not just a fun, but emotional level to many people, myself included. Theres already so many things we can't do, its never any fun to get excluded because you simply cant move around that easy. I believe this is among the major reasons Pokewalker was discontinued and the Global Link became the primary distribution for events. Its less cruel.

But on the matter of things like, pokeathlon and others? Definetly should include that. They really do have to worry about Feature Inflation: its my name for when you continue to pack new features into new versions of the game, because your base rightfully expects that, while also trying to cram in everything from the old versions to make your base happy. This ends up massively bloating and distracting from a major part of the game.

They have usually mitigated these things they had to remove quite well...But not so much in Black and White. I mean the Dream World is great, but its also not nearly as entertaining. The pokeatholon was fantastic, because of its level of interaction and it really did create a vibrant world where you didnt have to battle to have fun...The musicals while cute dont stand up to that.

Still, feature bloating is a serious problem. Ever played world of warcraft/ They had to blow everything up, literally, in an attempt to stop the feature bloating.

I think the whole capsule system is a bit too complicated
    Maybe your rival could introduce you to walking with Pokémon?
    And then you get the option if you want your Pokémon to walk with you or not and which on you want to walk with you
    The option could just be accessed in Menu - Pokémon and then whatever Pokémon you want to walk with
    A bit like registering a Key item
    You can register a Pokémon to walk with, or non at all

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

What if instead of that you can access the walking option by selecting the Pokemon and there will be an option in the menu that lets you choose to walk with that Pokemon. Then it could say something like " Do you want( pokemon's name) to walk with you?" and say yes and the Pokemon will be let out of its Pokeball to walk with you.

Norway (NO! I do NOT ride on a polar bear to school!)

I know this sounds a bit stupid, but couldn't it have been a remake of BOTH R/S and FR/LG? Names would be for example RedRuby and BlueSapphire. I mean, a game where you could choose wether to be Red/Leaf or Brendan/May. If you chose Red/Leaf, you would play the storyline of FR/LG, but after you defeat Blue, you can travel to Hoenn, where you must face the eight gym leaders of the region in order to challenge the elite, with the Hoenn protoganist of the opposite gender as the champion, Steven being possible to fight in meteor falls and Wallace and Juan switching roles in the two games, as with Iris and Drayden in B/W. It would be the same if you chose to be Brendan/May, except travelling to kanto and facing the leaders there, and Red/Leaf as the champion. Things like day/night, seasons, triple battles and touch screen is obvious.
    sonic10158 and eevee_lotion like this.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Maybe they can add the feature Brock talked about in the anime episode "Mystery at the Lighthouse", where you can switch out pokemon by pressing the white button on your pokedex, which activates the system which makes the exchange. Sure would make my life easier in terms of training different pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraGuy View Post
    I know this sounds a bit stupid, but couldn't it have been a remake of BOTH R/S and FR/LG? Names would be for example RedRuby and BlueSapphire. I mean, a game where you could choose wether to be Red/Leaf or Brendan/May.
    If the names are different, I wouldn't mind. As for a game with both Hoenn and Kanto in it, that would be a must by there. Everyone is talking about how a remake of FrLg wouldn't be worth making on it's own AND people have wanted something else with Hoenn, I would see that as a great compromise. It would bring both Gens (not regions, as Kanto has been caught up, just not the storyline). Perhaps your rivals from the one you start at can join you in your journey to the other region so you can have more rivals, lol.

In order to prevent the mess of what levels the pokemon in the 2nd region would be, you could be made to 'start over' in the 2nd region, with your first region's Pokemon being inaccessible until you beat the 2nd region's E4. I don't know if it's just me, but that annoyed me in Johto.

eevee_lotion and AuraGuy like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chriiiis View Post
    If the names are different, I wouldn't mind. As for a game with both Hoenn and Kanto in it, that would be a must by there. Everyone is talking about how a remake of FrLg wouldn't be worth making on it's own AND people have wanted something else with Hoenn, I would see that as a great compromise. It would bring both Gens (not regions, as Kanto has been caught up, just not the storyline). Perhaps your rivals from the one you start at can join you in your journey to the other region so you can have more rivals, lol.

In order to prevent the mess of what levels the pokemon in the 2nd region would be, you could be made to 'start over' in the 2nd region, with your first region's Pokemon being inaccessible until you beat the 2nd region's E4. I don't know if it's just me, but that annoyed me in Johto.

That sounds okay... except that what about Johto? That was my main complaint about FRLG. Don't introduce a region, and then pretend it doesn't exist. :/ I don't know how a good way to handle another Kanto game would be...

Blog Entries

i recall I suggested that instead of having RS remakes, we'd have one game for FrLg remake and the other one RS. (Possibly, to add a twist, they would be based on the third version more... as in, Pikachu starter. It'd be unique, and they could limit only one of the traditional starters for you to get anyways.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

A Ruby and Sapphire remake that you can go to Kanto and Johto? I'm sorry, if they have that many regions in one pack, I wouldn't think they'd have the room in the cartridge to put a lot of stuff in the regions, they'd all probably be stripped of a lot of stuff like Kanto was in Gen II. That's why I'd prefer a lot of new stuff in a remake where the ONLY main region is Hoenn

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I think the Ruby and Sapphire remake should remain close to an original games. Kanto wasnt in the original games, so why would it be in the remake of Ruby and Sapphire. It dosent make a whole lot of since. This is supposed to be a game focusing on Hoenn. Id prefer it not include Kanto or any other region other than Hoenn alone and Im sure Kanto or any second region wont be included.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Pie View Post
    That sounds okay... except that what about Johto? That was my main complaint about FRLG. Don't introduce a region, and then pretend it doesn't exist. :/ I don't know how a good way to handle another Kanto game would be...
    I meant in the sense that you just continue your journey with the 2nd region just being full of high level pokemon. I'm just saying I prefer starting over once the first region is done(when 2 are in the same game) and then get a fresh start on the 2nd, with the first pokes being saved for after the 'real' end of the game(beating the 2nd elite four).

Btw, when I was talking about Kanto, I meant the actually Gen I and not just the region. It would be a little irritating to just make it on it's own again(since it's kind of small), so I meant that I wouldn't mind if Gen I appeared again with it's original plot, but as long as it is introduced with another region(in this case Gen III). Hope you get what I mean.
    AuraGuy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriiiis View Post
    I meant in the sense that you just continue your journey with the 2nd region just being full of high level pokemon. I'm just saying I prefer starting over once the first region is done(when 2 are in the same game) and then get a fresh start on the 2nd, with the first pokes being saved for after the 'real' end of the game(beating the 2nd elite four).

Btw, when I was talking about Kanto, I meant the actually Gen I and not just the region. It would be a little irritating to just make it on it's own again(since it's kind of small), so I meant that I wouldn't mind if Gen I appeared again with it's original plot, but as long as it is introduced with another region(in this case Gen III). Hope you get what I mean.
    But we have had 4 games with the region in it. Although you are talking about the storyline it sorta gets boring when you gone through it 3 times....

Quote Originally Posted by Kingmate View Post
    But we have had 4 games with the region in it. Although you are talking about the storyline it sorta gets boring when you gone through it 3 times....
    I meant that I wouldn't mind them if they were implemented that way, not that it is necessarily a 'want'.