152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 120 of 239 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Steel Pokémon Master Bulletproof Scales's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

I read most of the posts here as "I want it" or "I'd rather have something else", loosely covered in biased arguments... Maybe it's me hoping GF break loose from the rigid pattern they're burying themselves in, but I can't but shake my head when most of the posts I see here look like:

"LOL at people who deny R/S remakes. everyone understanbd that GF will do remakes of my favorite games because its the pattern and they will make money. you will be proven wrong and I will be proven right."

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

mod note:Guys, while it's okay to disagree, can I please remind everyone to be civil, and to not make any personal remarks to other users (whether they be aimed at specific members or users a whole)? Thanks.
    Last edited by hurristat; 1st November 2011 at 07:49 PM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chriiiis View Post
    Taking my post the wrong way and adding 'bro' at the end does not make you seem cool or anyless rude/arrogant there. I in no way meant to be rude or arrogant, I simply used the caps to put emphasis on what I was trying to point out.

The 3DS came out in March, while Rumble Blast came out in Japan in August? Even though it would take a lot less effort to make than a core game, you honestly think it would've taken a couple months to make and on a brand new handheld at that? I'm saying that because it seemed you were using the handheld's recent release as a way to imply it being too early for a core game. I was trying to say that the Pokemon was one of the first franchises to get the 3DS development kit(which was a fair amount of time before it's release), so they could've been working on the games, if they are the ones mentioned for Spring, for longer than you think.

In all honesty, I feel you were the one sounding rude/arrogant there.
    You think that was to make me look "cool"? It's the internet - everybody's added "bro" into a sentence at one time or another. It's common knowledge that emphasis in typed paragraphs is most commonly expressed with italics, not just by changing the words to have capital letters.

I didn't say that it only takes a couple of months to create an entire game for a console like the 3DS - or any console, for that matter - I said that it would take a lot longer to make one of the main series games due to the amount of detail, quality of graphics, etc, in order for said game to be successful with the fanbase. If what you said about Pokémon having the development kit for the 3DS since 2008 is true (which you yourself could not confirm), then that still doesn't mean that the Ruby and Sapphire remakes are going to be for that platform, as they would not have been working on it since then - they have had, what, 3 or 5 games completed and released since then (amazingly rough guess - I don't feel like looking it up)? I'd guess that they would have started work on the remakes mid-way through, or towards the end of, Black and White, if at all.

In all honesty, I feel the same way regarding how you're responding. There really was no point in adding that to the end of your post.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

It was reported back in February 2010 that The Pokémon Company had a 3DS Development kit.

Oh and guys, I already told y'all to cut it with the personal comments...

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Baseball Bat View Post
    You think that was to make me look "cool"? It's the internet - everybody's added "bro" into a sentence at one time or another. It's common knowledge that emphasis in typed paragraphs is most commonly expressed with italics, not just by changing the words to have capital letters.

I didn't say that it only takes a couple of months to create an entire game for a console like the 3DS - or any console, for that matter - I said that it would take a lot longer to make one of the main series games due to the amount of detail, quality of graphics, etc, in order for said game to be successful with the fanbase. If what you said about Pokémon having the development kit for the 3DS since 2008 is true (which you yourself could not confirm), then that still doesn't mean that the Ruby and Sapphire remakes are going to be for that platform, as they would not have been working on it since then - they have had, what, 3 or 5 games completed and released since then (amazingly rough guess - I don't feel like looking it up)? I'd guess that they would have started work on the remakes mid-way through, or towards the end of, Black and White, if at all.

In all honesty, I feel the same way regarding how you're responding. There really was no point in adding that to the end of your post.
    Like how it was not needed at the beginning of your other comment? It also seemed like you used bro there to direct it at me in a 'smart' way...Btw, like you said, italics is commonly used, but that doesn't mean everybody uses them. I use bold letters when I feel like putting emphasis on a small part. I could've just bolded the whole response if I wanted to sound rude/arrogant, which I wasn't trying to be. At that, I will end my own statements regarding this situation, seeing as I am not here to add drama.

Back on topic, I wasn't trying to shoot down the thought of it being a spin off, I even like spinoffs such as MD and Colosseum/XD for that matter. I was just trying to point that the 3DS being released not too long ago(around a year) doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be spinoffs to fill in until 6th gen. At this point, we have almost no way of knowing what will be released this Spring.

@Josha, no worries, I'm done with the personal comments now.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Like how it was not needed at the beginning of your other comment? It also seemed like you used bro there to direct it at me in a 'smart' way...Btw, like you said, italics is commonly used, but that doesn't mean everybody uses them. I use bold letters when I feel like putting emphasis on a small part. I could've just bolded the whole response if I wanted to sound rude/arrogant, which I wasn't trying to be. At that, I will end my own statements regarding this situation, seeing as I am not here to add drama.

Back on topic, I wasn't trying to shoot down the thought of it being a spin off, I even like spinoffs such as MD and Colosseum/XD for that matter. I was just trying to point that the 3DS being released not too long ago(around a year) doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be spinoffs to fill in until 6th gen. At this point, we have almost no way of knowing what will be released this Spring.

@Josha, no worries, I'm done with the personal comments now.
    In a joking, jovial way, yes. We've never talked before - why would I call you "bro" while being serious, anyway? In response to how you could have "just bolded the whole response if I wanted to sound rude/arrogant" - that wouldn't work, as you already bold every paragraph you type anyway, as well as giving it colour. I don't have anything against that, I just thought I'd point out that you're already doing it.

I'm confused - shoot down the idea of what being a spin-off? I haven't said that anything should be a spin-off, I've been talking about the current spin-offs, not that anything should be one. At the same time, what I've been saying all along still applies as a counter.

Okay, I'm done too. I enjoyed that. Sorry for seeming rude - I get too involved in discussions.

Oops, I meant put CAPS, and that it seemed like 'smart' way as in you thinking I was a 'fool', lol(not an argument).

Back on topic, it just seemed you were implying that the rest of the games for a while, on the 3DS at that, would be spin offs, until 6th gen. I just hope it's something interesting. If a spinoff, hopefully it's a Mystery Dungeon or something like Colosseum(could be used to test a main type game on this handheld).
    Last edited by Chriiiis; 28th October 2011 at 08:50 PM.

I wish they could change around how you have to navigate the region to complete the game. I also want them to introduce a Pokemon like red Gyrados in HG/SS, maybe a shiny Wailord or something right around where the top of Mossdeep is maybe? Just thinking of ideas.

I think a more elaborate secret bases system would be interesting. Also maybe expand a bit more on the abandoned ship would be interesting

Blog Entries

Anyone find it interesting that Alteria is being promoted now? kinda random plus Bannete bei g for Hallowee and of course the new TCG pack feturing Rayquaza... Hoenn seems to be getting a bit of attention
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Oops, I meant put CAPS, and that it seemed like 'smart' way as in you thinking I was a 'fool', lol(not an argument).

Back on topic, it just seemed you were implying that the rest of the games for a while, on the 3DS at that, would be spin offs, until 6th gen. I just hope it's something interesting. If a spinoff, hopefully it's a Mystery Dungeon or something like Colosseum(could be used to test a main type game on this handheld).
    You said that the 3DS development kit arrived in 2008, so if GF wanted gen V on the 3DS it would have made B/W in 3DS
    "Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Anyone find it interesting that Alteria is being promoted now? kinda random plus Bannete bei g for Hallowee and of course the new TCG pack feturing Rayquaza... Hoenn seems to be getting a bit of attention
    I totally saw that too! :o I hope this means some sort of announcement is forthcoming...

...and since there's supposed to be a new game this spring (whether it's RSEmakes or something else) we should be getting some news soon! I mean, there won't be time to advertise and get people excited if news doesn't come out soon!

El_
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    I still put the odds of the 3rd version being for the DS or 3DS at 50-50; perhaps it was meant to be for the DS, but due to the console's not-exactly-perfect start, Nintendo are making GameFreak port it to the 3DS?
    Its better if its released on the DS in order to close off gen 5 on it. Gen 6 of coarse will be on the 3DS, so theres honestly no real reason to move the 3rd version over on the 3DS right now. I can see getting more sells being a reason but the 3DS isn't really doing that bad right now.

A port might just happen though, it would be better than it being 3DS exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletproof Scales View Post
    "LOL at people who deny R/S remakes. everyone understanbd that GF will do remakes of my favorite games because its the pattern and they will make money. you will be proven wrong and I will be proven right."
    True. I love Hoenn, but I don't want it to lock GF into an endless stream of remakes. If thats the case then simply release R/S/E on the VC along with the other Pokemon classics.

If it is going to be remade though, then it might be 2015/2016 release on the 3DS in gen 6. Releasing remakes right now is way too early going off of the idea that the last ones were 6 years apart. Releasing them right now would also mean they will be on the DS, which isn't a good idea imo since it would be better off on the 3DS.

As for the idea that it will move the series over to the next platform, I highly doubt that GF will move the series over to the 3DS in the middle of Gen 5, so its best to simply let it finish first.

In short, its much simpler to release the 3rd B/W version now and end Pokemon on the DS. After that Gen 6 can kick off on the 3DS just like how a new gen usually kicks off on a new console, and then they could possibly release R/S/E remakes.

I think if they were to bring back walking Pokemon in the remakes, there could be some really cool interactions.

Like in Lavaridge the old ladies talk about different things that happen when you bring a Pokemon in. Now those things could really happen!

I know it's not a big part of the game, but the small things count too!
    My official Black 2 team.

Some days it's a good day to die. Other times it's just a good day to have breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by eevee_lotion View Post
    You said that the 3DS development kit arrived in 2008, so if GF wanted gen V on the 3DS it would have made B/W in 3DS
    I said they were one of the first to get a 3DS development kit and that I pretty much wasn't sure of an exact date, but it had to have been at least a year or 2 before the handheld came out(08 does seem kind of a stretch, maybe 09ish). We also know that they pretty much started on BW almost immediately after DP were finished(sometime in 06) so that would've been near 3 years worth of work gone?

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post

As for the idea that it will move the series over to the next platform, I highly doubt that GF will move the series over to the 3DS in the middle of Gen 5, so its best to simply let it finish first.

In short, its much simpler to release the 3rd B/W version now and end Pokemon on the DS. After that Gen 6 can kick off on the 3DS just like how a new gen usually kicks off on a new console, and then they could possibly release R/S/E remakes.
    Don't we still have 3 unreleased Gen 5 Pokemon though(Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect)? I mean I know they could release them all at once if they wanted, but I kind've doubt that they would do that. Maybe they could release them a few months apart from each other, but that still seems unlikely. I guess I could be wrong. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Verona View Post
    I think if they were to bring back walking Pokemon in the remakes, there could be some really cool interactions.

Like in Lavaridge the old ladies talk about different things that happen when you bring a Pokemon in. Now those things could really happen!

I know it's not a big part of the game, but the small things count too!
    That does seem like an interesting point to bring back Pokemon following us, although some people would still like some kind of toggle option.
    Last edited by Chriiiis; 29th October 2011 at 11:48 AM.