152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 110 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 3582
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion

If anything, I'd say that Junichi Masuda's tweet confirms that the games are not currently in development. As I said in the thread discussing the Bulbapedia report on the tweet, if GameFreak were working on it at the moment, wouldn't they be sworn to secrecy until the games were ready to be formally announced?

EDIT: bluesun's translation of the tweet:

‘Thank you! Your thoughts have been recieved. R/S are a very important work for me too. I want to create something good. Thank you!!’.
    Last edited by Joshawott; 12th October 2011 at 07:55 PM.
    Saiga likes this.

So right now they're still not confirmed.

I think more islands are exactly what Hoenn needs. I'm sure there are plenty of people who loved the extensive surfing with nothing of value in between, I however found it tedious and annoying.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Trophies

Follow Pokelova on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest370 View Post
    And I thought I was the only one who liked the water paths...

I hope that Game Freak expands the diving areas in the remakes by adding more wild Pokémon and hidden underwater caves.
    Maybe there could be deep-sea diving areas, which you get to by diving while you're already underwater! It could contain high-levelled rare-ish water Pokemon, and only accessible close to Evergrande City. And maybe through the deep-sea diving, you could access some off-the-map extra island?
    Pokelova's Shiny Collection

El_
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    If anything, I'd say that Junichi Masuda's tweet confirms that the games are not currently in development. As I said in the thread discussing the Bulbapedia report on the tweet, if GameFreak were working on it at the moment, wouldn't they be sworn to secrecy until the games were ready to be formally announced?
    What I'm thinking happened, is that after development of HG/SS or even B/W was done then they seriously considered the idea of remaking Hoenn. The reason why they considered it as opposed to go ahead and work on it is because Hoenn is very much unlike the first two remakes and does not really need to be remade.

I think that they will start or already have started early development for it, but on the 3DS instead of the DS with a reveal in generation 6.

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Hoenn is very much unlike the first two remakes and does not really need to be remade.
    And why is that? There are many reasons Hoenn needs to be remade.

1. it is the only region not in 3D
    2. It is the only region without the Day-Night System
    3. It is the only region without the P/S split
    4. DS and DSL are harder to find now which means no Pal Park for most people( Debatable)
    5. RSE games are harder to find now.
    6. RSE Battery problems( Not as bad as GSC but still hurts not to be able to plant berries or catch swarming pokemon)
    Georgie Pie, sonic10158 and Setra like this.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    It would be nice if they took the idea of "Game Corner" literally rather than doing those Wifi minigames in Gen IV, and instead change it into an arcade-type building of sorts to play minigames.
    Agree. Sort of like Neopets, where you play mostly non-gambling oriented games to win currency. (or even the Dream World games, in the handheld itself)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky505 View Post
    And why is that? There are many reasons Hoenn needs to be remade.

1. it is the only region not in 3D
    2. It is the only region without the Day-Night System
    3. It is the only region without the P/S split
    4. DS and DSL are harder to find now which means no Pal Park for most people( Debatable)
    5. RSE games are harder to find now.
    6. RSE Battery problems( Not as bad as GSC but still hurts not to be able to plant berries or catch swarming pokemon)
    All invalid and irrelevant because Hoenn wasn't as popular as the first two regions. Sorry.

Would be fantastic if Brendan/May and Wally got more attention this time around. Given them both a full team of six before battling the Elite Four would be nice, just do more with them.

As well as that, like Johto did with its Regional Dex, I wouldn't mind if some Sinnoh evos of Hoenn Pokemon were included this time in the Regional Dex, and unlike in HGSS, actually used on pre-National Dex NPC teams. Aroma Ladies/Wally with Roserades, Guitarists/Triathletes with Magnezones, Psychics with Gallade, Phoebe with a Dusclops and a Dusknoir instead of two Dusclops, that Pokemaniac on Route 114 evolving his Rhydon through rematches, Glacia with a Froslass to replace one Sealeo...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravarian View Post
    All invalid and irrelevant because Hoenn wasn't as popular as the first two regions. Sorry.
    One could say that you are equally invalid as they were on different platforms, so you can't really fully compare them(due to the bigger variety of reasons that would lead players not to have them). Btw, does them being the best sellers on the GBA mean nothing to you? Does that really scream 'unpopular'?

As stated before and is obvious, he didn't CONFIRM anything about them being remade, so it doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't in development. I'm not jumping on you here, just saying that there's a chance they have already started and are being worked on. There is nothing 'announced' still.

I think it's more on the lines of trying to make things fair. Also, if the EU version of the game doesn't have something the US version does, then people will import it from there, meaning Nintendo of Europe lose money.
    You could just as easily say that Nintendo of America would lose money(although not as much) due to people importing Japanese games, etc. There are really people like that, especially ones who know a bigger variety of languages. I'm saying that because the Japanese games got the game slots, while others did not. Even though there are the language differences, I would consider that unfair as the game slots also bring back memories.

I'm not saying V flip wasn't good, as it was very addicting as well, but the slots were nice as well(for those who could/can access them)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chriiiis View Post
    As stated before and is obvious, he didn't CONFIRM anything about them being remade, so it doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't in development. I'm not jumping on you here, just saying that there's a chance they have already started and are being worked on. There is nothing 'announced' still.
    But if you look at Masuda's track record, any kind of comment regarding a current project is a big taboo for him. So if anything, his post does not support the theory that remakes are being developed right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    But if you look at Masuda's track record, any kind of comment regarding a current project is a big taboo for him. So if anything, his post does not support the theory that remakes are being developed right now.
    True, but it also does not mean they are just merely a thought at this moment. We can't really make out much from what was said, regardless.

EDIT: If they truely have not started development though, it would be both saddening(because of anticipation) and great, as I would prefer them to be for the 3DS anyways.
    Last edited by Chriiiis; 14th October 2011 at 02:24 AM.

Whatever they're doing they'll clearly won't be telling the fans anything
    And about the game slot, I think they should remove Voltorb Flip (I hated it) and come up with something that will make everyone happy
    sonic10158 likes this.
    "Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigour; stringent are they; inviolate they shall be. If at my individual convenience I might break them, what would be their worth??" - Charlotte Brontë ; Jane Eyre

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eevee_lotion View Post
    Whatever they're doing they'll clearly won't be telling the fans anything
    And about the game slot, I think they should remove Voltorb Flip (I hated it) and come up with something that will make everyone happy
    I wouldn't be happy if they got rid of Voltorb Flip :/

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

They should just add a mix and match card game lol or just put being able to buy coins back in.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

But remember guys, this isn't a thread to discuss the validity of remakes. Whether they are or are not in production this very instant, we have to at least pretend that they are going to happen.
    Last edited by Joshawott; 14th October 2011 at 07:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

I wouldn't like them adding Voltorb Flip, for the sole reason of them being in HGSS. I want something new. Slots were boring, the same was card flip and roulette. This has a lot to with the fact that I despise any game (but not only games, virtually anything) that is solely based on chance, whereas Voltorb Flip didn't rely on chance, but on what you could deduce. However, I do wish they come up with something new and interesting.

But Voltorb Flip is better than anything though.