• No, I'd prefer them in Gen 6

152 37.07%
  • No, wait till Gen 7

16 3.90%
  • No, i dont want r/s/e remakes

47 11.46%
Page 10 of 239 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree1414Likes

Thread: Pokémon Remake Discussion (Read First Post!)

V20

Default Re: Ruby and Sapphire Remake Discussion *READ FIRST POST*

Having grown up with Hoenn, all I'd really love to see would be it remastered in every way so it could be new again (and be given a second chance); maybe a better storyline. Oh, and of course some features more recently introduced, but thats an obvious. ;)

I think a remake would be better off being a sequel. Having it take place at the same time would raise too many timeline questions and possibly take away from the oppertunity to rediscover Hoenn. If it were the same I doubt many that have the origanals would buy the new ones.
    Poptarts and milk. :3 Yummm.
    Diamond FC is: 1033-9547-5106, use for all trades and battles in gen IV.
    White FC is: 1592-4476-9385, all trades for gen V.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Free View Post
    I think a remake would be better off being a sequel. Having it take place at the same time would raise too many timeline questions and possibly take away from the oppertunity to rediscover Hoenn. If it were the same I doubt many that have the origanals would buy the new ones.
    I disagree because:

1. Why would it bring timeline questions? Remakes doesn't have to be contemporaneous with other games from their generations. It has been done, but there's no logical argument proving that that is a rule. So a remake could be done and keep its original place in the timeline.... Not to mention that it has never been really clarified when RS take place for a start.

2. Many, many people who bought the original GSC also bought HGSS. Not only that, most of us fangasmed when they were announced, and I think FRLG despite being remakes, outsold RS (original games), not too mention that for many new fans it would still be fresh, so I'm sure people would buy it (whether they are buyers of the originals or not. Game Freak and Nintendo don't care WHO buys their games as long as they sell).

Not that I support a remake, just proving that you're arguments don't apply very well here.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

infinite 1up's Scizor_Technician's Avatar

I'd like it to be a sequel with a fresh story, new characters but lost of past characters making appearances. An upgraded pokewalker would be nice, as well as an option to have a Pokemon follow you. Some sort of mini game should be incorporated aswell, like the pokeathlon but different. The battle frontier should stay untouched. I think if nintendo want the remakes to be a success they need to fix everything that was wrong with RSE and make it an original and interesting addition. Simply remaking the games won't be enough for RSE because just didn't have the positive reception and don't have the nostalgia that RBY and GSC had.

You can read my fic; A Deadly Breach here.

Platinum FC: 2321-2981-5085

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scizor_Technician View Post
    RSE don't have the nostalgia that RBY and GSC had.
    RSE will have it soon, maybe as soon as the 3DS is released: given that this console will replace the whole DS line (instead of being concurrent and all of them compatible with each other like previous DS incarnations), it will render the GBA totally obsolete.

What I mean is that the DSi is not a new handheld, but a redesign of a console that does have in its original model GBA playability, so with the DSi and DS/Lite being the same console, we are still techincally able to play 6th gen games (that is, GBA games) on the current 7th gen handheld (that is, the DS, via the original models). But this will change the day Nintendo stops making games for the DS, forcing people to buy the 3DS, which will have no GBA compatibility thus leaving RSE totally unplayable in current generation handhelds. That's when fans will cry and beg for a Hoenn remake.

Plus, the game is already 8 years old (2002-2010), the same age RGB were when FRLG were released (1996-2004).

Which reminds me... next month Pokémon will be 15 years old!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper View Post
    I think FRLG despite being remakes, outsold RS (original games)
    Not quite. FRLG were the second-highest selling GBA games, ahead of Emerald and behind Ruby and Sapphire.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the correction! ^_^ (that's why I said "I think"). Anyways my my point from that post still stands, isn't it?

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scizor_Technician View Post
    Simply remaking the games won't be enough for RSE because just didn't have the positive reception and don't have the nostalgia that RBY and GSC had.
    R/S have nostalgia for the new generation of kids who played it as their first Pokemon game.

I love how people act like no new kids first got into Pokemon during R/S.

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Which reminds me... next month Pokémon will be 15 years old!!
    Me too!!!

But I hope it's a sequel, or at least has a bigger post-game. That was one of the only bad things about Ruby/Saphire.

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    R/S have nostalgia for the new generation of kids who played it as their first Pokemon game.

I love how people act like no new kids first got into Pokemon during R/S.
    OH MY GOD, YES.
    I had been playing Pokémon since the RGBY days, but it was in Gen III that I fully learned to grasp the mechanics, and was really the first time a Pokémon game carried any emotional weight with me. It's not that I don't feel nostalgia with the first two generations, it's just that there's so much more with RSE.

By the way, GameFreak had better not eff up the music. If they do what they did with HgSS, and a) avoid DPPt's grating synthiness, as well as b) throw in a method of listening to the music in its original format, all shall be good.

Is that So? Lo? Sis? Steel_Justice's Avatar

They could expand some areas like they did with the johto remakes. If they do they could include some gen 4 or 5 legendaries and pokemon. The pokemon following you thing was cool and I hope that returns. Enhanced rematches with the elite four and a place to rebattle gym leaders (battle zone and saffron dojo) with new pokemon would also be cool. Fixing up May/Brendan so they complete their teams for battling you like a true rival would be icing on the cake.

Blog Entries

Personally, I'd like a remake.

I don't mind the lack of a "time system," however if they were going to implement a wider variety of pokemon, it'd probably be a plus. Higher rates at different times and all.

I think the variety should be spread out more. Ruby and Sapphire added a lot of pokemon, yet Zigzagoon can be encountered on almost every route. Perhaps a more balanced spread would be nice.

I enjoyed the "friendly rivalry" that was in this game, but the newest games have played it to death (I want to kick Barry in his stupid energetic face.) So, a less friendly Wally or May/Brenden wouldn't hear any objections to me.

I really like this map's layout, but if there's this much water, the pokemon that you could only get by fishing should rise to the surface. (Instead of just Tentacool, Wailer, Sharpedo, Luvdisc, and even Relicanth should be encounterable.)

Regigigas is a fraud.

I really liked the two bike system in this game. Perhaps more areas should require these bikes, expand on the premise.

The Safari zone would need an overhaul. I really didn't like this one.

Overall, this is one of my favorite maps, games, and storylines. I'd love to see a remake made.

EDIT: And pokemon following you would be sweet~ n____n

Blog Entries

For the names, I came up with Secret Ruby and Hidden Sapphire (I was going to make it secret sapphire but then when you say SS they might confuse it with soul silver)
    So SR/HS

Offline for a while HexagonStephen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As others have said, add in time, a day/night cycle and a seasonal cycle. Of course, there may be some problems trying to fit in a lot of the newer features from after generation 3 games. Like the addition of a Pal Park. Would they need to make a new area just for it? I also think they should include the original Battle frontier, since at the time I am posting this, they haven't confirmed any information on a Unova Battle Frontier. As far as the story goes, I am wondering, will it take place at the same time as the Unova games, or the Kanto games? How would the Teams operate if this were true? I also had an idea about if the RSE remakes were real, would Brendan and May still be the same? Would Juan be a gym leader, and what about Steven and Wallace? I also had an idea about Wally becoming Champion or at least a Gym Leader. But these were only fan boy ideas.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HexagonStephen View Post
    I also had an idea about Wally becoming Champion or at least a Gym Leader. But these were only fan boy ideas.
    Wally replacing Norman would make sense, and allow for a fluid story without the previous characters (Brenden and May.)

Page 10 of 239 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast