If they are going to be remade, I hope they keep Emerald's battle Frontier locations and challenges but update things a bit and add some new stuff. We had the PWT give Hoenn's Gym Leaders a breath of fresh air, the Frontier Brains need that treatment too. I personally want to beat Lucy down in Gen V style after that crushing loss in Emerald.
Come on, make the underwater routes more interesting. Let us find items down there, and maybe trainers who are also diving. Also, let us find more Pokémon different from Clamperl and Relicanth.
Hmm, this is an interesting topic I haven't seen before o.o
Well, the best remakes that could ever be made imo are RSE remakes, with the following features:
- Animated sprites
- Expanded array of Pokemon including those from generations IV and V, preferably only encountered after the Elite Four are defeated.
- Seeing as how my favorite game ever was Emerald Version, I have to say that I would really love to see dual evil teams again. This is why I've been rooting for an Emerald remake and not RS remakes :/
- Considering that the current generation of Pokemon fans includes people of all ages, I would love to see the evil teams act and talk a bit more seriously and overall violently. That would be so epic!
- In the music department, I would really wish for the same Generation 3 music with a small upgrade, possibly a bit more technical? Idk, but not the exact same, preferably an edited version. Different sound tracks will ruin the experience for me.
- OMG! Like, I can imagine it now, Sootopolis City with Generation V graphics! O.o
And Fortree City too! GAAAAAH!
- For the love of God preserve dive and make it epic this time! The dive in BW was dumb and very limited. Make it a whole lot more interesting. Plus the graphical abilities they have can make diving such a great experience!
That is all :]
I'd love Hoenn remakes but only if they are on the 3DS. No more DS games
I'd rather it be DS than 3DS because no matter what anyone says the 3DS sucks and I'm only getting one as an emergency precaution.
Anyway, back on topic, I wouldn't mind it to be an RS remake if they include most of the Emerald Features. Then, if we incorporate the normal 5-handhelds-a-gen rule, an Emake is more likely.
Now, what would I want to see...
Well, Ribbons being re-obtainable, for a start. Especially the Hoenn Contest Ribbons. Only Pal Park'd pokemon can get those and PokeBlocks were so hard to do properly. Perhaps the Contest Hall could be updated so you can do normal AND super contests, so Gen V pokemon have the chance to get those ribbons.
I'd also love to see some of the places like Littleroot and Mauville with new graphics. Hm, oh and maybe add a few extra locations, like maybe do what happened with the Battle Fronteir of Sinnoh; make all the other areas.
It'd also mean the return of BERRIES~
Seriously, I hate how we can only get Berries in the Dream World. I want my Pamtre Berries to improve beauty!
On that note, bring back contest stats. Granted a Prism scale is easier for Feebas but it feels sad that any effort getting my pokemon to be beautiful, cool, smart etc has been wasted even if they aced the master ranks.
I miss the secret bases, if they make an RSE remake I do hope they bring them back and improve them. Like add new types of furniture, new pokédolls, etc. and playing capture-the-flag with your friends is cool too, they should combine it with entralink to make it more epic.
But the overworld needs to keep this style:
They only need to improve the quality of the 3D models and make high res sprites.
I also do not believe that they will release a main Pokémon game next year.
I can see Generation VI debuting in the early months of 2014.
@Edit: A MC creation feature would be very nice for the new games, like the one in Dragon Quest IX:
Fortunately they do not make use of CG/anime cutscenes in the franchise, so there would be not problems in adding the feature.
I'd love a R/S/E remake :D
I would like some things to be changed.
Not as many tentacool
And maybe make the pokemon a bit easier to level.