Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature - Page 9

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Thread: Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

Default Re: Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

I list this feature as one I wanted most but never knew I wanted so badly. I've treated my Pokemon on par with real pets since Pokemon red. I remember when I first beat Blue and the E4 how proud I was not just for myself but also my team. So to see a feature that makes them more life like, and my bond more personal. Ill happily take it.

And on the topic of men petting their pets. I kiss my dog on the forehead all the time. It's cool cause that's what bro's do. Forehead kisses! *sand crabs away*

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior of Fire View Post
    As for evasion, I honestly don't know how that works exactly, but I think it's like a second form of accuracy reduction/supplement by affecting the Pokémon without the hard accuracy change.
    Evasion is basically just a negative Accuracy multipler. One Double Team has the same effect (in one-on-one battles) as one Sand Attack; one X Accuracy will counter one Double Team.

I wonder if you can talk to your pokemon in pokemon-amie using the microphone feature....
    LadySasaki likes this.
    "Why shoot something once when you can shoot it 46 more times?" - Urdnot Wrex

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    As for evasion, I honestly don't know how that works exactly, but I think it's like a second form of accuracy reduction/supplement by affecting the Pokémon without the hard accuracy change.
    Evasion is basically just a negative Accuracy multipler. One Double Team has the same effect (in one-on-one battles) as one Sand Attack; one X Accuracy will counter one Double Team.
    Besides a negative multiplier, I'd say a passive one as the big difference. Accuracy relies on the attacker, while evason relies on the target.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Blog Entries

I don't mind evasion or crit rate changes but I just hope evasion doesn't rise too much. The game already has lots of luck based features.

Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper View Post
    Besides a negative multiplier, I'd say a passive one as the big difference. Accuracy relies on the attacker, while evason relies on the target.
    Yeah, that too. Which is what makes evasion boosts so annoying in practice -- switching your Pokemon just doesn't do you any good.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyGaga View Post
    I don't mind evasion or crit rate changes but I just hope evasion doesn't rise too much. The game already has lots of luck based features.
    And the fast pace of battle (as measured from turn 1 to KO) doesn't help it any. When most competitive attacks can take out an opponent in 2-3 hits, a sudden critical makes a huge difference.

On the other hand, if battles were longer (e.g. all Pokemon being able to endure more hits) then this diminishes ("averages out", if you will) the role of luck, but it also diminishes the importance of Speed.
    NoirGrimoir likes this.

Blog Entries

I've always kind of wished that things like evasion and critical were a little more controllable. This is a bit of a tangent, but in a game I used to play quite often (Ragnarok Online) Critical and Dodge were both mostly controlled by the same stat (Luck). The higher your luck, the higher your crit-rate and dodge-rate, and the more likely your character was to dodge an attack that would otherwise hit, or land a critical hit that did superior damage by bypassing defense (if I recall). Evasion measured how possible it was for something to hit you at all, and was something else entirely from Dodge. It had mostly to do with your evasion (based mostly on Speed) vs. the attacker's Accuracy (based mostly on a stat call Dexterity).

ANYWAYS, my point is that I have always wished the pokemon concepts of critical and dodge were more controllable and individual, rather than even across the board, with the exception of a few attacks, and I'm glad that Game Freak seems to be moving somewhat in that direction, by taking advantage of Pokemon-Amie.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Urilikya View Post
    I wonder if you can talk to your pokemon in pokemon-amie using the microphone feature....
    That would be awesome. I'd love to be able to "chat" with my Golurk and tell him I adore him...

Seriously, this feature has me so excited it ain't even funny. I can't wait to start bonding with my "kids"! XD
    UnovaCastaway and Phoenixon like this.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Urilikya View Post
    That would be awesome. I'd love to be able to "chat" with my Golurk and tell him I adore him...

Seriously, this feature has me so excited it ain't even funny. I can't wait to start bonding with my "kids"! XD
    At least it might have better conversation than a Geodude. Guy's seriously got the brains of a rock.
    "Why shoot something once when you can shoot it 46 more times?" - Urdnot Wrex

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

All I can say is, Brock would be proud. ;)
    Lugiafanatic likes this.

Blog Entries

I still hoping that bonding with this feature can increase IV's we don't really need MORE ways to increase ev's. The minigame looks fun enough but I hope certain foods and playing methods can increase IV's

If they make it hard enough it would be perfectly fair
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    I still hoping that bonding with this feature can increase IV's we don't really need MORE ways to increase ev's. The minigame looks fun enough but I hope certain foods and playing methods can increase IV's

Increasing IVs is something that shouldn't be done, since those are the "Individual Values" of each specific Pokémon and are like their DNA (you know, in code form). Plus there's also the fact that Hidden Power's type and power is calculated by the Pokémon's IVs makes it a huge problem to do so.
    Phoenixon likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post

Increasing IVs is something that shouldn't be done, since those are the "Individual Values" of each specific Pokémon and are like their DNA (you know, in code form). Plus there's also the fact that Hidden Power's type and power is calculated by the Pokémon's IVs makes it a huge problem to do so.
    I'm gonna call bullshit on that.

1. IV's is a fan term half of IV's are randomly generated kinda pokes a whole in the DNA thing

2. They are recalculating the HP to add a new type anyways don't see the point

3. IV's is an incredibly unfair system that encourages cheating it has it's purpose for single player but making it hard enough to raise them protects that. Playing casually is really unfair because someone will be more lucky. Playing with breeding is possible but people are better breeders then others or just cheat or RNG. The only way to get a fair match is through Battle sims
    Urilikya likes this.
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

The point of IV's is that they are supposed to be dictated by luck. They are part of what makes individual Pokemon different from each other.
    Phoenixon likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    The point of IV's is that they are supposed to be dictated by luck. They are part of what makes individual Pokemon different from each other.
    And they would still be different from each other until the IV's are raised which would be a hard process thus they are still earned. The purpose for single player would remain intact and the only thing that IV's do for the metagame is sink your time, reward cheating and ultimately prevent people from playing the metagame which is fucking bullshit.

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast