Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature - Page 3

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Thread: Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

Default Re: Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

I like this
    I might be a man, but I have the right to like petting my cute Pokemons dammit.

Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

I think this new feature is adorable. I loved it when KH3D did it, and the animations and stuff look absolutely adorable... I'm probably going to play with it so much. xD
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Tumblr | Twitter | Playthrough Blog

Fennekindle ==> RainbowSylveon

Blog Entries

I know for a fact that some people will claim to hate this feature. I also know for a fact that they will be petting the shit out of their Fennekin every chance they get.

This feature is even more than I expected us to get, and I love it! I can't wait to dote on my pokemon. I think petting your Trubbish will be hilarious.
    Silverwynde likes this.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Default Re: pokemon amie-the new bonding feature

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    However, is Pikachu going to be the only Pokémon that says it's name while the others just use their in-game cries? That seems a bit unfair, but it is the mascot after all. Not mention that something similar happened in Pokémon Yellow. Anyway that aside, this looks like a cool feature that I'll definitely be using.
    THANK ARCEUS Pikachu is the only one. Probably what I hate the most from the anime are their anime cries, they're just weird and IMHO they don't make sense even for Pokémon. So I'm glad only Pikachu is getting its anime cry. Also, that would be unpractical given that:

1. We're getting a simultaneous international release. Re-recording cries in different languages would delay the games, and it's not worth it.

2. The international version of the game is exactly the same everywhere but Japan, which means that the carts contains all the language's script data, they game just adjusts itself to the language the D3S is set to. Thus that would mean that apart from the multilanguage text, the games would have to include 4 different cries (English, French, German and Italian) of recorded voice per Pokémon, and with more than 700 Pokémon now, it's simply too much space, it's not worth it. Pikachu on the other side, apart from being the series mascot, has the same name in all the world, thus this is not an issue for it.

3. Since this is a special feature, and given that it would feel awkward that one Pokémon's cry is its own name, but not with the rest of the species, most probably it will only say its name in its anime voice in this minigame, not unlike the walking Pokémon feature in DPPt that onlye xisted in Amity Square but not outside that location.

4. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I replayed the trailer several times and I SWEAR Snorlax had a different cry than the one it's had since the beginning, which means that finally, they updated the cries.

Anyway, that was a bit offtopic. But back on topic, as of now I feel slightly dissapointed. As I understood from the trailer's description, it seems that this mechanic is simply the replacement to Contests, Super Contests and Musicals from the previous games, with the added effect that it boosts frienship. Now don't get me wrong, it looks fun as hell, but with the current information, I feel like it's not the "OMG it TOTALLY revolutionized the game!!!11ONEONEONE" big shake up that Masuda promised. Of course, it's too soon to get to a conclusion, but with the provided elements, that's the way it looks. Especially since this would not be the first time Masuda promotes an irrelevant gimmick as the next big thing (anybody remembers how the interchangeable Keys from B2W2 totally transformed the franchise? Yeah...) just to build hype.

All in all, only time will tell, but even if I'm right and this ends up being just another gimmicky minigames, I say it looks enjoyable and surely I will give it a try. After all, as gimmicky as it was, I loved Pokéathlon to death. Also, it's stil the first time since walking Pokémon that we get to actually interact with our Pokémon, so I can't wait to check it by myself.

P.S.: Kudos for the pun on the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfyre View Post
    The "friendly pokémon may perform better in battle" bit is the only thing rubbing me the wrong way about this Pokémon-Amie thing. If petting your pokémon does give it significant stat boosts, then it's pretty much not optional.
    That is, unless you can get said boost though several ways, much like every other stat boost in the series.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Blog Entries

So just a mini game that increase friendship and allegedly EV's. Lame I wanted raisable IV's
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

Iv's are based on "genetics", making them raisable would defeat the whole purpose.
    Nyx, Silverwynde and SobriquetP like this.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

With Lady Rainicorn too! Miss Mew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    So just a mini game that increase friendship and allegedly EV's. Lame I wanted raisable IV's
    Hey, Mr. Putdown, it only makes sense. Consider how OVERPOWERED every damn thing would be if things could have IVs raised. Did you consider the metagame?

Either way...... Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dear Arceus I've wanted this soooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Silverwynde likes this.

Somebody please check out my RP!!! Claimer of moody and present!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveewithwings123 View Post
    Hey, Mr. Putdown, it only makes sense. Consider how OVERPOWERED every damn thing would be if things could have IVs raised. Did you consider the metagame?

Either way...... Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dear Arceus I've wanted this soooooo bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Overpowered? Cosidering metagame? I cause it could be considered overpowered for the single player but multiplayer since everyone is has them they would be EVENLY powered. IV's as they are now are basically a giant keep out sign to non veterans.

Though it is possible this thing can raise IV's by unlocking postgame food.
    Johtohfiller likes this.
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Simmer down there. Raisable IVs? That's breaking a dam there. Now seeable IVs THAT will remove reduce a lot of unneeded frustration and wasted time.

EDIT: Keep in mind that IVs aside, Base Stats, Natures, Movepool and other factors are real breadmakers for competitive monsters. Many players these days willingly evade IVs (can't say I blame them) and focus on EVs and other factors for battle builds.
    Last edited by Isaac Gravity; 11th June 2013 at 03:02 PM.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2837 9558 6665. Player Name: Valens

3DS FC: 2466 - 3213 - 3790
    Friend Safari: Fairy: Kirlia, Spritzee, Floette

Great to see they're taking advantage of the versatility of models over hand-drawn sprites.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Nyx

I wonder if that's the rumored mini-game that raises EVs.

Default Re: pokemon amie-the new bonding feature

Gamefreak should just replace natures and IVs with this bond system. Since they are emphasizing caring and friendship like the anime, every Pokemon should be able to reach its potential.

Excessive breeding for natures and IVs seem like a puppy mill sort of tactic and would go against what they are trying to promote.

Yes you can control natures and IVs if you know how but I prefer to control what happens after I get a Pokemon not before.

Some randomness should still be there in the stats but if it's too little then it's a waste of time to program; if it's too much then you'll be back where you started.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    Iv's are based on "genetics", making them raisable would defeat the whole purpose.
    Only a 3 get passed down anyways so they are really that strong genetics and them not raisable just encourages cheating. Even in casual it's an incredibly unfair system
    Johtohfiller likes this.

Blog Entries

Can't wait to pet my feed and play with my Wailord in the park! (;
    Urilikya likes this.
    claims ~ greninja ~ dark aura ~ stick ~ sail fossil ~ rest

team black

Registered User Mamasoftshellturtle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Mamasoftshellturtle on Facebook
    Visit Mamasoftshellturtle's Youtube Channel

I instantly love this idea. I get to pet them!
    Amyda Nakornsrithammarajensis

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast