Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature - Page 27

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Thread: Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

One thing i think it would be cool and it would improve Pokemon Amie imo is if the nature affected the way a pokemon behaves in the Pokemon Amie, like each nature would give each pokemon a different personality.
    Last edited by Norzan; 11th December 2013 at 02:36 PM.
    Zkat likes this.

Claimer of Garchomp

Wow, totally. Currently their Nature means more or less nothing outside of battle.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

Rawr! Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Been having a lot of fun with Pokémon Amie. I like to spoil my team a bit and play with them. On certain cases, I may reward "Time in Pokémon Amie" for team members that do well. Other times, I'm doing it just because I feel like it.

So far (before the third gym, by the way), two team members are at two affection: my Meowstic, Soren, and my Floette, Viridi. Both are too cute (esp. when peeking from a corner, which Soren did). :3 Next will be my Furfrou, Véronique.
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil
    Claims (other): Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)

I have been having a lot of fun with this but the game seems to have troubles recognizing my rather beardy face, so the facial recog doesn't really work that well for me.

One thing I think would be fun for this is the first time you use it it registers your face and if some one else trys to interact with your pokemon they hide and occasionally peak around the edge of the screen to see if the stranger is gone.

Blog Entries

Unhappy Re: Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

So tonight, I had one of my Golett horde in Pokémon-Amie. Don't ask me how, but the facial recognition popped off so I tried making faces at my Golett.

To my surprise, it worked. It only took a few seconds, but each face I imitated was recognized, which made my Golett super-happy. Which makes me wonder something: how can a Pokémon with no facial features immediately recognize what I'm doing? Was it just the interaction that made the little guy happy or what?

And before you ask; no, I haven't had great luck with the facial recognition. This is the first time it worked for me at all.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Frost View Post
    I have been having a lot of fun with this but the game seems to have troubles recognizing my rather beardy face, so the facial recog doesn't really work that well for me.

One thing I think would be fun for this is the first time you use it it registers your face and if some one else trys to interact with your pokemon they hide and occasionally peak around the edge of the screen to see if the stranger is gone.
    I've had problems with the facial recognition too. I can be grinning like an idiot and it'll only recognize me smiling about half the time. I don't think it's ever picked up me winking either (maybe because I wear glasses? I dunno).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WouldYouKindly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Frost View Post

I've had problems with the facial recognition too. I can be grinning like an idiot and it'll only recognize me smiling about half the time. I don't think it's ever picked up me winking either (maybe because I wear glasses? I dunno).
    I wear glasses too. Even without them, it won't detect me widening my eyes for my Furfrou. *sigh*

Blog Entries

Default Re: pokemon amie-the new bonding feature

This feature is rather useless outside if a very specific evolution and decorating itself. I'd like to see the system expanded on a bit. Personally, Id have a pokemon a friendship through this system have an effect at the Pokeball Boutique.

Since we can breed pokemon into specific pokeballs now it'd be great if, when your friendship was high enough, an NPC at the Boutique could offer to transfer your pokemon to a new pokeball. Not just this generation, but other pokeballs from older generations like the ones they have on display.
    IGN: Jraken
    FC: 4227-2083-0655
    Ditto, Lillipup, Loudred

RP Story: World Without Legends (ongoing)
    PS- I hope you like nightmares. >}
    Story Registry: Signups

Now I think about it, a neat feature that Amie could have added would have been if you could "dress up" your pokemon for battles like you could in Sinnoh Contests and Musicals. Who wouldn't want to battle with a Wooper in a Top Hat?

...okay I admit, that would be a silly idea. But still...
    Berrenta and Silverwynde like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lugia61617 View Post
    Now I think about it, a neat feature that Amie could have added would have been if you could "dress up" your pokemon for battles like you could in Sinnoh Contests and Musicals. Who wouldn't want to battle with a Wooper in a Top Hat?

...okay I admit, that would be a silly idea. But still...
    Might be silly, but at the same time, I like it.

I kept getting a ton of basic and frosted puffs from visitors, so I've decided to leave some out for them. I always wait until the previous group of three finish their stay, though, since visitors at the time would be cleared away. As for affection, my Meowstic and Furfrou are maxed out. ^_^
    Snugglefox likes this.

Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Same thing happens when it evolves into Bisharp. There are certain areas on a Bisharp that will cut you if you touch them. And don't rub a Bisharp's shoulders as it does not like that at all. (Mine took a step back, snarled and popped her blades. I all but yelled an apology.)

But Pawniard's happy displays are freaking adorable. I got a giggle seeing my Pawniard pose. So cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Jack Walker View Post
    The Facial Recognition is complete shit. So terrible.
    I've only been able to get it to work once or twice. Maybe it's the lighting or how I'm holding my system; I can't tell. But it does seem pretty buggy.
    Roselia didn't like having it's flowers touched but Roserade loved it. I though that was strange.
    Silverwynde likes this.

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by PiccoloX83 View Post
    This feature is rather useless outside if a very specific evolution and decorating itself. I'd like to see the system expanded on a bit. Personally, Id have a pokemon a friendship through this system have an effect at the Pokeball Boutique.

Since we can breed pokemon into specific pokeballs now it'd be great if, when your friendship was high enough, an NPC at the Boutique could offer to transfer your pokemon to a new pokeball. Not just this generation, but other pokeballs from older generations like the ones they have on display.
    It has some use in battles. Pokemon with high affection can be left with 1 hp when they otherwise would have fainted, and cause more critical hits, and a few other things.
    Official claimer of Volcarona
    3ds FC is 0404-6606-7984
    Fighting safari:mienfoo-pancham-hariyama

Quote Originally Posted by hakiobo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PiccoloX83 View Post

It has some use in battles. Pokemon with high affection can be left with 1 hp when they otherwise would have fainted, and cause more critical hits, and a few other things.

The downside to that though is that if you left Pokemon Amie for the whole game, it has no relevance in the post-game since the only trainers you can re-battle are the Chateau trainers (who are horrendously weak, even the gym leaders and Diantha), the elite four and your rival - the Battle Maison prevents any and all Amie effects from being used, which is kind of a downer.

Blog Entries

True. If the mansion allowed Amee bonuses then it'd be totally worth it. Those bonuses have no effect in competitive situations. Amee is kinda like leveling a pokemon for a second time. Wouldn't mind seeing the option to allow it in PvP.
    IGN: Jraken
    FC: 4227-2083-0655
    Ditto, Lillipup, Loudred

RP Story: World Without Legends (ongoing)
    PS- I hope you like nightmares. >}
    Story Registry: Signups

Blog Entries

Follow Leggo on Tumblr Visit Leggo's Youtube Channel

I like Pokemon Amie. I find the mini games to be adorable since I'm able to use all the Pokemon in my team to play.
    I also like turning on the Internet and seeing other people's Pokemon pass by. I saw a Groudon once.

My Poliwhirl does not like her belly to be rubbed. I guess it's sensitive.

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast