Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Thread: Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Ricky View Post
    Yes--it has a lot of in-game benefits.

First, you need to use Pokémon-Amie to evolve Eevee to Sylveon, so if you want to use one, you better start feeding your Eevee Poké Puffs.

Second, the benefits you get from using it are insane. Your Pokémon gets boosted experience, has a higher likelihood of landing critical hits, and has a chance of surviving a hit that should have knocked it out.
    Don't forget shaking off status conditions and dodging attacks it has no business dodging.
    Ice Ricky likes this.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

I will tell you this, watching Mewtwo dance around with other Pokemon has been...an experience, to say the very least. O_o

To make things stranger, it enjoys its chest to be rubbed, but not its head. Talk about awkward moments.
    3DS FC: 4038-6607-1713
    Name: Patorikku

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzamos View Post
    I have yet to try this feature yet, is it even worth putting time into?
    A MILLION TIMES YES.

Okay, so, there's the in-battle benefits, right? Raised critical hit likelihood, the chance to shake off damage (your mons may even refuse to faint at high affection levels), and being able to break through status conditions. So, it's pretty badass.

And beyond that, it's just really precious ;A;

I was playing with Magia (my Braixen) and dear god Braixen make the most adorable sounds and expressions when you play with them.

So....my Mewtwo has been cooing at me all day...

O_o
    3DS FC: 4038-6607-1713
    Name: Patorikku

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

So I'm thinking the number of hearts you have for affection affects the exp yield. I got my Sylveon up to 5 hearts, while everyone else was at only 4, and my Sylveon grew more quickly than any other pokemon, so with the exp share on I hardly ended up using Sylveon because it was always higher leveled. I'm thinking the hearts may act as a multiplier so it's like 1.5x exp whereas something with 4 hearts would be 1.4x. Someone's probably done research into this at this point, but just something I think I may have noticed.

Blog Entries

It does.

I still think it's ridiculous how Amie also makes your Pokemon live through things that should kill it :T
    I haven't seen this occur online so I assume Amie does nothing when you're actually battling other humans.

As far as I've heard, Ami only affects in-game playing. I haven't battled with anyone so far, but I tried out the battle mansion in Kiloude. I did not observe any of the "Ami-triggered" comments I usually get when I'm playing in-game with my lovely Zapdos which has max affection. As I also did not get EPs for visiting the mansion, I presume that the rules there are similar to online gaming. If that is indeed the case, then I doubt that Ami affects the latter one.

Don't you worry, child Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Follow Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Ice Ricky on Tumblr

I can confirm that Amie does not have an affect in the Battle Maison or during Link Battles.

And this just made me think of a question--do Pokémon-Amie stats transfer when the Pokémon is traded, or does it reset à la happiness level? I would assume the latter, but I haven't seen anything confirm this.

I have to admit this is one of my favorite features of this game... it's fun not to mention the rather amazing benefits you get in battle I wasn't expecting that. So far my pokemon regularly shake off status effects, make more critical hits, and sometimes dodge attacks. At first I didn't know what was happening just that this little heart kept showing up during battles.

This is an amazing feature and I hope it's kept. It's nice when you finally become BFFs with your Pokemon, they dodge attacks, land critical hits and cure their status effects.

Blog Entries

Touching Mareep or Flaafy's wool shocks you.

Touching Charizard's obviously burns.

Touching Beartic's Ice Beard is not good. The tip of Bergmite freezes you, the rest is safe.

Plusle and Minun don't shock you via check touch. Emolga does, Pachirisu doesn't seen to. The Squirrels are adorable. Dedenne does it too! Kawaii!

I am not going to lie. Snorlax may be one of the most adorable things in Pokemon-Amie

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    So I'm thinking the number of hearts you have for affection affects the exp yield.
    Starting at 1-2 hearts you get +20% boost to the Pokemon's XP. My highest Pokemon only has 3 hearts so I don't know if there's another boost later on.

Anyway, so we know that the actual battle benefits of high Affection don't transfer to multiplayer rules, but what stuff like the more personalized battle messages?
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    So I'm thinking the number of hearts you have for affection affects the exp yield.
    Starting at 1-2 hearts you get +20% boost to the Pokemon's XP. My highest Pokemon only has 3 hearts so I don't know if there's another boost later on.

Anyway, so we know that the actual battle benefits of high Affection don't transfer to multiplayer rules, but what stuff like the more personalized battle messages?
    Chance of shaking off status ailments (sleep, burn, etc.) (I found the message for curing itself of a burn to be funny and cute at the same time, because the Pokémon merely blows on it and boom, no more burn), increased chance of dodging a move by reading your mind (the last part makes no sense unless it's a psychic type or has psychic powers (or can simply learn the move Mind Reader)), chance of surviving a KO blow with 1 HP (to show you its tough side), the aforementioned experience boost, random messages about the Pokémon, and the ability to pet them after KO'ing an opponent by rubbing the stylus across the touch screen at a certain point afterward (it could simply be just tap, but I find rubbing to be more effective at getting it every time and start during the fainting animation) (note that this last one doesn't work on a mega evolved Pokémon, and I've done it instinctively multiple times). Some you need to have a significant number of hearts to gain these benefits/aesthetic touches (Chester, the Quilladin that Shauna traded to me as a recently-hatched Chespin after becoming the champion, couldn't get the post-KO petting under four hearts, but now he stands at four and gets it), while others just need one or two.
    White 2: Michael 1292-9447-2383

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast