Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature - Page 21

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Like Tree400Likes

Thread: Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

Default Re: Pokémon-amie: new bonding feature

Affection in Amie has nothing to do with Happiness or Sylveon evolving. Eevee becomes Sylveon on a level up with a fairy move. Mine evolved at level 29 when it learned Charm, and I never maxed it out in Amie beforehand.

Moe
    Blog Entries

As an experiment, I got a freshly caught Eevee, flew over to the move relearner to get it Baby-doll Eyes.

First, with never using it in Amie, I used a Rare Candy to level it up and it didn't evolve.
    Then, gave it one heart in Amie, levelled up (via battle), didn't evolve.
    Then, two hearts in Amie, levelled up and got a Sylveon.

As an aside - I saved before I levelled up after getting two hearts, so I reset and then went to the Moss Rock and I got a Leafeon on level up.

Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

Yeah, I don't know where all this "affection must be maxed out" for Eevee to evolve into Sylveon is coming from -- mine evolved with only two hearts of affection in Amie.
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Tumblr | Twitter | Playthrough Blog

Fennekindle ==> RainbowSylveon

Hi,

I don't no if it is truly related bu does any one know what it means if
    Your pokemon "is a little bit out of it"?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebeest View Post
    Hi,

I don't no if it is truly related bu does any one know what it means if
    Your pokemon "is a little bit out of it"?
    it's just that your pokémon has like one or two hearts in affection, probably. my pokémon did that when i only had started to build their affection up, but it doesn't affect their performance in battle as far as i could tell.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Does Amie raise Happiness? Ive been trying to see if it works and have max affection on an Eevee. It does not know a fairy move so Im trying to see if I can make it evolve into Espeon or Umbreon that way.

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    Does Amie raise Happiness? Ive been trying to see if it works and have max affection on an Eevee. It does not know a fairy move so Im trying to see if I can make it evolve into Espeon or Umbreon that way.
    I've been trying to figure this out, too. I'm not sure if Amie happiness = friendship the same way it used to be. The massage lady is still there, and I think there was someone else that measure the friendship with your Pokemon. It seems a bit redundant to have both.

Okay, I think I finally got Pokemon-Amie figured out (for the most part).

Whenever your Pokemon emits hearts in Amie it means that its Affection is going up (unless its Affection is maxed, of course). Well, that part's pretty obvious, but the important thing is that once your Pokemon starts giving you the black musical notes, it's Affection isn't going up anymore. The more Enjoyment your Pokemon has, the more times you can pet it for hearts. Petting your Pokemon decreases its Enjoyment. Your Pokemon gains Enjoyment from taking part in games (even if it's not the main Pokemon you're playing with).

On the other hand, giving your Pokemon puffs always increases its Affection. The only problem with that is that the Pokemon eventually gets full. The key to getting your Pokemon hungry is for it to, once again, take part in games.

So to put it more simply:

Petting: +Affection, -Enjoyment
    Feeding: +Affection, +Fullness
    Games: +Enjoyment, -Fullness

So if you keep all this in mind, you can increase your Pokemon's Affection greatly in a short amount of time. As long as you don't mind playing the games a lot.

I'm still not sure how much of a connection there is, if any, between Affection and Happiness, though.

Blog Entries

All the above seems right to me. I've been using Amie whenever I visit the Pokémon Centre, and that seems to be the most efficient way of increasing Affection without having to stop all the time

I tried interacting with my Riolu last night only to find out he was sleeping. That was too cute (tap him and he wakes up for a moment, but just dozes right back off) ....

[later] Hey, I think my former Riolu just spontaneously endured a KO in a battle (survived with 1 HP)!
    Last edited by Stratelier; 17th October 2013 at 08:58 PM.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

According to page 37 of the strategy guide, Pokémon-Amie does increase friendship.
    White 2: Michael 1292-9447-2383

Blog Entries

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I feel as though Pokepuffs ought to correlate to flavors, meaning pokemon should have favorites and dislikes according to their natures, but honestly, I've fed all my pokemon all the various flavors and I haven't noticed a difference.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

*petting my Charizard in Y*
    ALL MY DREAMS COME TRUE

Don't you worry, child Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Follow Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Ice Ricky on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    Don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I feel as though Pokepuffs ought to correlate to flavors, meaning pokemon should have favorites and dislikes according to their natures, but honestly, I've fed all my pokemon all the various flavors and I haven't noticed a difference.
    I think there is something like that in the games--when I was Amie-ing my Eevee I noticed he had more hearts over his head when I gave him brown Poké Puffs or Poké Puffs with fruit on top, and he had less hearts over his head when he had other Poké Puffs.

Or maybe it was just coincidence? I dunno.

Follow bluestarfish on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    I think there is something like that in the games--when I was Amie-ing my Eevee I noticed he had more hearts over his head when I gave him brown Poké Puffs or Poké Puffs with fruit on top, and he had less hearts over his head when he had other Poké Puffs.

Or maybe it was just coincidence? I dunno.
    It may have been a different level of poke puffs rather than the colors.

I was experimenting with that earlier this week, and noticed that it isn't really the color but how complicated it is. The smooth basic poofs don't give much, then the swirly ones, then smooth ones with a topper, then swirly ones with a topper. There is another one after those, which I've only gotten once from getting a really high score in the unlimited yarn header game.

That or my pokemon really just don't care what I feed them other than that it's higher quality.

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast