"Pointless" Hidden Ablilies? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "Pointless" Hidden Ablilies?

Default Re: "Pointless" Hidden Ablilies?

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Jellicent + Damp.

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    ... It was sarcasm.
    Pretty bad sarcasm.
    Not to me.

I think Pressure is really pointless. I just have never seen what it really does, you know? It says PP rises up but I've never noticed any PP rising up.
    So I think Pressure for most legendary pokemon are pointless. :P I have more abilities that I think are useless, but I can't remember them currently.
    3DS Friend Code is: 5215-0992-6785 Friend Safari is Combee, Beautifly, and Venomoth. :)
    Pokemon is love. Pokemon is life. <3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DarkraiandGiratina09 View Post
    I think Pressure is really pointless. I just have never seen what it really does, you know? It says PP rises up but I've never noticed any PP rising up.
    So I think Pressure for most legendary pokemon are pointless. :P I have more abilities that I think are useless, but I can't remember them currently.
    When a Pokemon with Pressure has a move used against it, it uses up 2 PP instead of one. So for example, against a Mewtwo, assuming it is at full PP, Blizzard can only be used 3 times at most, not 5.

But I do agree, unless you're trying to PP stall, I find Pressure pointless in an in-game sense, but realistic in a...non-in game sense.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkraiandGiratina09 View Post
    Pressure basically doubles the PP usage of the opponent, it can be handy for eating away at moves with low PP very easily so they run out quickly.

As for the topic, Jellicent with Damp is redundant with its Water/Ghost type making it immune to Selfdestruct/Explosion already. But the worst would have to be Delibird's Insomnia since it already has Vital Spirit, which does the exact same thing.
    ミジュマル

PokeCommunity | Ever Grande | Tumblr | Twitter

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Durant with Truant.
    Technician would've been a little nicer!

Quote Originally Posted by OshyHikari View Post
    As for the topic, Jellicent with Damp is redundant with its Water/Ghost type making it immune to Selfdestruct/Explosion already.
    Not completely redundant -- it protects against Aftermath, and if you're in a Double or Triple battle it also protects your allies because it prevents anyone from executing the move at all.

I agree that Pressure is a great strategic (long-term) ability, just not a good tactical (short-term) one because most competitive multiplayer battles just don't last long enough for the Pokemon to actually run out of PP. Which is one problem I have with the PP system in general, the PP limits were designed around single-player dungeon crawls so I think the PP limits in multiplayer should be different.

I have never worked out what Mold Breaker does...that seems to be a pointless ability.
    Team: Castform; Klinklang; Victini; Tornadus

Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by AntimatterAsh View Post
    I have never worked out what Mold Breaker does...that seems to be a pointless ability.
    Basically, what Mold Breaker does is cancel out the opponent's Ability if it would impede the user's move.

For example, a Pokémon with Mold Breaker can use Earthquake against an opponent with Levitate. That's pretty cool, especially against Levitators that are otherwise weak to Ground, like Gengar and Bronzong.

Another fine example is using Stealth Rock without it being reflected by Magic Bounce. Take that, Espeon.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

I see :)
    Team: Castform; Klinklang; Victini; Tornadus

Yeah, it's pretty much like dousing your opponent with Gastro Acid before attacking. Lightningrod Seaking, eat this Thunder!

What's really sad is when a Pokemon's Hidden Ability is actually really good, but there's just no way you'd use it over the standard ability.

Like Sand Force Dugtrio. You can hit pretty damn hard and fast in a Sandstorm, but then the whole point of using Dugtrio in the first place is to eliminate specific things with Arena Trap. So Sand Force still goes unused, when something like Rhyperior would have really appreciated it.

Sap Sipper Azumarill is in a similar boat.

I wouldn't call that "sad" - on the opposite end, it forces you to make a choice between one ability and another. Sap Sipper Marrill, for example, doesn't have the huge boost in physical attack but it loses one of Water's two weaknesses. And since your opponent is not notified of the ability in advance, it's a great thing to trip up a Grass counter with.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345