Plot VS Graphics - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plot VS Graphics

Blog Entries

Default Re: Plot VS Graphics

I preferred Gen III graphics, can't stand the gen IV 3d, you can't be sure if you can walk behind buildings or not.

I also don't like the gen 4 route length, they were just too long, giv us heaps more small towns with pokécentres and I'd be very happy
    URPG Snowbelle Leader
    Looking for: Rotom
    UFT: Depends what you're offering

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

I'll go with graphics because if I wanted plot, I would not have played these games at all.

Plot is most definitely the most important, although graphics could also kill a game if excessively horrible - I wouldn't manage to play anything with worse graphics than 3rd Gen Pokémon games at this point.

I would probably like to replace the 4th/5th Gen graphics with 3rd Gen graphics if it'd mean improved plots, although... I don't see what the two has to do with each other in this context.

Thanks to Demotei of the SPPf for the perfect sprite~

Well, considering gen III graphics was good even though its not 3d or anything, it definitely runs pretty smooth. So I don't mind sacrificing the graphics for an extremely better plot.
    Noobie here. Sigh...

Blog Entries

Plot.. it's kinda the most important thing in the game...but I don't wanna play any game that has very bad graphics... :/

Current White team:

No Wi-Fi.... T_T

Blog Entries

Definetly plot. A good plot, for me personally, can overshadow the worst of pixels. If the game has no substance what so ever, then it will be boring and would essentially be spending £30 on a pretty backdrop that I could just find elsewhere.

I also don't really expect much from handhelds when it comes to graphics, so that is a factor.

Like almost everyone else, I'd have to say plot.

It would be stupid for it to come to that though, Gen III looked so god damn bland.
    Last edited by Dissident; 21st February 2011 at 04:01 PM.

Credit for the picture of Meloetta goes to BlueWiiKoon. The rest was 'shopped by me.

Black Friend Code - 0089 1522 3669

In some ways, I actually think the graphics are more important. The earlier Pokemon games never had very complex plots and were still immensely enjoyable, if not more so than the later games with "deeper" storylines. Stunning graphics really do add to the enjoyment of the game; they make the battles more exciting and there's nothing more fun than cycling up and down 3D platforms at top speed! Ruby and Sapphire do look amazing though; I'm not sure if they even really need remakes.
    White Team

Mystery in another region Koukoubean's Avatar

Follow Koukoubean on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by hurristat View Post
    At this point, I don't think we need to kill one to have the other: the carts have more than enough space to hold everything.
    I agree. This is a fact.

I think both parts are important. While you have to enjoy the graphics and have them not ruin your eyes, the plot is also important. In my opinion, Black and White did an awesome job with those two aspects. And I have high expectations for the updated re-release if there's one.

I'd be willing to sacrifice graphics for new gameplay mechanics, though. ;)

Blog Entries

Are you willing to sacrifice the graphics for the sake of a deeper plot?
    Yes definitely. I wouldn't mind playing on Red & Blue-like graphics as long as the story was good.
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

I'm glad that we live in a technological era that allows us to have both, but if we did go back to Generation III graphics I would allow it if it had a much better plot, like for instance you were able to pick and chose what region you wanted to start out in and then after you beat that region's Elite Four you could travel to ALL of the other regions and play out their respective storylines. That would be epic. But yeah, overall Plot > Graphics, Aristotle told me so.
    3DS Friend Code ~ 1762-2785-8494

Add me and give me yours!!

I have never played these games for their plot.

Registered Poké-Addict Strato Lucario's Avatar

Now that the battles are back up to 60 fps, I have to say....

I prefer graphics. Pokemon hasn't attracted me because of the plot. I like it because of the gameplay and epic battle music.

And if we did go back to Gen III graphics, there would come the day when someone will say "Hey, why are you using your 3DS as a GBA emulator?"
    "I bought the Christian version of Pokemon the other day. But for some reason, my Pokemon won't evolve..."- Anonymous.

Have to go with graphics, actually. In virtually every game I'd say plot > graphics, but the plots in Pokemon games have always been a joke, the only one that's been close to decent is BW and that's borderline. And I'm fine with the plot sucking, I don't play the games for an amazing story; I actually wish they'd stop halfheartedly making a "deep" plot (like Diamond/Pearl) and go back to their RBY roots with a really simple plot, or go all out and make it epic. I'd much rather a smooth, fast, 60fps game that could rival something like GTA:CTW in looks.

coming 2011

IT'S A CLEMUSKETEER!!! IslandWalker's Avatar
    Guatemala, the country full of COD-obsessed bullies.
    Blog Entries

It's what I always say to the stupid Nintendo-bashers at my school. Who the heck cares about graphics? Games are GAMES, not eye candy. If it's both, great. But an awesome game you can always keep playing with average graphics is better that a killing rampage with great graphics. The 3DS will rub it in everyone's faces--Nintendo has better graphics.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast