The Player Search System (PSS) and its features - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Player Search System (PSS) and its features

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Generation VI Gadget Discussion

I hope the wrist device has some sort of overworld motion, like lighting up when you get a call. Actually, I'm not just hoping for it. I expect it. If they don't make it so, I'd say they didn't take full advantage of the advanced graphics. It's a small thing, but sometimes it's the small things that add to the feel.

Also, with the absence of a screen, it seems highly probable that the display is holographic.

Edit: I've just noticed this, and I have no idea if it's already been mentioned (or if it's even worthy of note), but:

Quote Originally Posted by Rainy Day View Post
    For comparison, pictures from January 8th are on the left, the ones from today are on the right. (also interesting to note some other changes too)
    The wrist device is absent in the shots from the recent trailer. I rewatched it, and the wrist device is only present in the first scene, the one with the male PC on a Gogoat. If it is the regional gadget (whatever it's called), shouldn't it be on the PC's person at all times?

Of course, the device is on the official character art, but for something to be present in the earlier trailer but not in the more recent one seems a little backwards to me.
    Last edited by Dragonfyre; 17th May 2013 at 02:00 PM.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfyre View Post
    The wrist device is absent in the shots from the recent trailer. I rewatched it, and the wrist device is only present in the first scene, the one with the male PC on a Gogoat. If it is the regional gadget (whatever it's called), shouldn't it be on the PC's person at all times?
    Not necessarily. The scene in question appears to be the PC checking the mirror in their room right at the beginning of the game, and you usually get the obligate regional device within the first few scenes of the game, rather than having it on you from the start. The earlier shot was probably taken either before the developers realized he shouldn't have the device at that point, or before they bothered to change the model around.

Formely Foreign Travler Isramon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Isramon On Twitter

I have to add and agree with what @The_Doctor said: I want the VS Seeker back. When I'm level grinding to get to a person, I usualy have beaten all of the trainers up until then. So I end up going against a Gym Leader who has the upper hand on me by 5 LVs
    3DS FC: 1547-5466-8771
    Never stop dreaming

Avatar by EVsaur EVsaur's Art Shop

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Not necessarily. The scene in question appears to be the PC checking the mirror in their room right at the beginning of the game, and you usually get the obligate regional device within the first few scenes of the game, rather than having it on you from the start. The earlier shot was probably taken either before the developers realized he shouldn't have the device at that point, or before they bothered to change the model around.
    Not the only scene in question. The wrist device is completely absent from the trailer except in the first scene. It's still absent in the scene that has the male PC in what is obviously a city (possibly even outside the Route 5 gate), if not Lumiose:

It's not an early game thing, because it's not early game in that shot.

That said, I do agree that it has something to do with the models. And of course, since the city is probably Lumiose, it's entirely possible that they just didn't want to reveal scenery from a location they haven't revealed yet.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not the only scene in question. The wrist device is completely absent from the trailer except in the first scene. It's still absent in the scene that has the male PC in what is obviously a city (possibly even outside the Route 5 gate), if not Lumiose:

That said, I do agree that it has something to do with the models.
    Ah. Well, I have no idea, then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That said, I do agree that it has something to do with the models. And of course, since the city is probably Lumiose, it's entirely possible that they just didn't want to reveal scenery from a location they haven't revealed yet.
    What if it's an optional thing? Like you can choose to wear it or not, similar to how you can turn off the C Gear?
    But it's probably because of the model stuff on GF just screwing up. The only problem I have with that is.. does this mean the game is not really as completed as I thought it was? IIRC, Masuda said that BW were planned with DP, and BW2 with Pt. Pt came out in 2009, and I'm pretty sure that HGSS were already planned from before. BW took 1 and a half years to make, and guessing GF started developing XY in 2011 when the 3DS was revealed (and the storyline made before that) then what was GF doing in those two years... I have a feeling these games are more than meets the eye....
    That was off topic..... But I wonder.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We already know there're still slight glitches with the models thanks to the first trailer's escaping glasses. They're probably still polishing some parts of the game, including visuals.

Or wearing it could be optional.

Rawr! I iz da Kwaken! Polkadot Jolteon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maybe the footage is for BEFORE the player gets it? It'd pretty late in to get something new though...

Double helix on it? And on the logos? The theme of these games is definitely genetics.

Post Thanks / Like

or, maybe it just doesn't show the watch on the character yet?
    i mean the possibilities are endless.
    it could be that they just haven't added that in yet

Simpler times ahead
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuketsuki View Post
    Why do you think they made note of "the difference in the color of the sunglasses"?

Going by the many "holographic" theories out there, do you think it will be something akin to a Google Glass, and connected to the wearable computer, assuming that's what it is, on their wrists? I sure hope so; it sounds like an exciting interface. But then again, being able to customise your characters could result in completely removing the glasses...
    Darn, I was just going to say this. :P

Of course, if the glasses are the obligate gadget, that leaves the question of what the bracelet things are for. Also, you can just barely see the DNA symbol from the logo on the bubble-thingy part of the bracelets. Makes me wonder what it's for...
    Huh. Perhaps the breeding aspect is really prominent, and the bonding feature is something that even the main character in-game can observe in detail.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow Spectacular Snivy On Twitter Add Spectacular Snivy on Google+
    Visit Spectacular Snivy's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    In Generation II we got the Pokégear, in Generation III the PokéNav, in Generation IV the Pokétch and in Generation V the C Gear. What do you think we'll get this time and how will it work?
    Discuss.

Update
    Image of the new gadget:

In that Bluish-Greenish orb,it looks like a strand of DNA,connected to Genesect and New form of mewtwo....

I HATE MYSELF!

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Personally, that DNA symbol looks just aesthetic to me. I don't think that whatever gadget we're going to get will be related to the theme of the game, as much as it will just focus on implementing many of the 3DS capabilities into the games, because that's what all the gadgets were for; just capitalising on the abilities of the system. The only one that I can't connect to a gimmick is the PokéNav, the others focused on time tracking, the touch screen, and the wireless of the DSi.

However, that's not to say we won't get any useful functions, such as all the apps we got on the Pokétech.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So the Gadget is the Holo Caster and allows you to talk with Sycamore, Shauna, Tierno, Trevor, and Calem/Serena? Looks really cool.

aholo.jpgaholo2.jpg

slow...poke Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Default Re: The Player Search System (PSS) and all of its features discussion

Renamed the thread, since we know the name of it. But holy boy, this gadget has so much stuff. The C-Gear was an absolute disgrace in comparison to this. GTS on the go without having to go the Pokemon Center! That's what I'm talking about!

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Player Search System (PSS) and its features

That Holo Caster seems creepy and cool at the same time.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast