The Player Search System (PSS) and its features - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The Player Search System (PSS) and its features

Blog Entries

Default Re: Generation VI Gadget Discussion

A combination of all the other gadgets into apps on one thing (like the Poketch.) Thus, it would have an online app (C-Gear), apps for the Pokegear (ex. phone, map etc.) and apps from the PokeNav (ex Condition, ribbons etc., though it is unneeded if they just show those things in the Pokemon stats screen) and all these things would be combined onto the Poketch like device seen on the trailer, with other apps that were on the Poketch. And, I want the menu, registered items, and running shoes to be on the touch screen as well. To save space, the menu would only be icons on the side (unless you press X which opens it up with text). For example, on the left side there will be an icon of the Pokedex, a Pokeball (for Pokemon), and a Trainer Card, while on the right would be a bag icon, a wrench icon for options, and a recording icon for saving. And since these would only be icons, there will be more space to show apps in the middle of the screen. At the top (pf the bottom screen) it would show date/time, battery life, and the Apps' name, and a button that allows you to switch between apps instanly (rather than pressing the "Next App" button.) And finally, at the bottom would be your registered items and the running shoes.
    That's pretty much my dream for what the bottom screen and "Gadget" should be for this Gen.

Add Dawn<3 on Facebook

I just pray for anything EXCEPT the C Gear...it was so useless, it wouldn't have made a difference to the gameplay if it wasnt there...The Pokepad sounds like something great, it would sorta be like the poketch but better and more useful and with features
    "Just Like the Burning Flames in my Heart,
    Burn it up into Red Hot Flames!!!!"

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Chesman View Post
    Its gonna be a wristwatch again, going from the trailer, that much is known. One thing that threw me for the loop however is that it seems to not have the distinct Pokedevice trait of different coloring for the male/female PC, at least going off the fact that the device seems to be all black on both PC's wrists. Something tells me we're just gonna get an xtranseiver update, but another part of me tells me that GF smartened up and gave us something akin to a color version of the Poketch. That one green button it seems to have is giving off that vibe for me.
    Why are you so certain this watch is the new gadget? It could just be a random accessory.

I'd also like to see a tablet.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope it's something at least slightly useful. C-Gear and Xtransceiver weren't really usable in-game. Only in BW2 did you actually get to do something with the Xtransceiver (though, I admittedly haven't yet, so I can't really say if I find it enjoyable).

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

Looks like it was the pokedex that got the tablet treatment. We also got clearer views of those watch things on the PCs. It may be that and it like projects a hologram or something.

Those watches look huge in the artwork!

I hope they'll function as a more advanced Pocketch from DP and Pt. That was my favorite gadget so far.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Now that we got the PC art, I'm glad we can seem them a little better.

I looked at the female first, and started to say "Wow, that's a nice bangle-" just as I saw that the guy had it too. Then I realized that was the gadget. It does match the fashion, though.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Hologram watches? Cause that's the only thing I can guess from the orb things. Unless they're compasses, or some super important plot related technological magic tracker. Or something.
    Guy_Spy likes this.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Chesman View Post
    Hologram watches? Cause that's the only thing I can guess from the orb things. Unless they're compasses, or some super important plot related technological magic tracker. Or something.
    Exactly. There doesn't seem to actually be a screen on them, unless it's on the other side.

The first time i saw them they reminded me of mood rings.

But if you think about it perhaps the big bead changes colour or something and this has to do with the new bond mechanism??
    VINCIT QUI SE VINCIT

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why do you think they made note of "the difference in the color of the sunglasses"?

Going by the many "holographic" theories out there, do you think it will be something akin to a Google Glass, and connected to the wearable computer, assuming that's what it is, on their wrists? I sure hope so; it sounds like an exciting interface. But then again, being able to customise your characters could result in completely removing the glasses...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuketsuki View Post
    Why do you think they made note of "the difference in the color of the sunglasses"?

Going by the many "holographic" theories out there, do you think it will be something akin to a Google Glass, and connected to the wearable computer, assuming that's what it is, on their wrists? I sure hope so; it sounds like an exciting interface. But then again, being able to customise your characters could result in completely removing the glasses...
    Darn, I was just going to say this. :P

Of course, if the glasses are the obligate gadget, that leaves the question of what the bracelet things are for. Also, you can just barely see the DNA symbol from the logo on the bubble-thingy part of the bracelets. Makes me wonder what it's for...
    Akromatic likes this.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuketsuki View Post

Darn, I was just going to say this. :P

Of course, if the glasses are the obligate gadget, that leaves the question of what the bracelet things are for. Also, you can just barely see the DNA symbol from the logo on the bubble-thingy part of the bracelets. Makes me wonder what it's for...
    Yeah I noticied that too. Here is a bigger picture of the bracelet that the Protagonists have on their wrists...

dna-device.png

Prehaps these bracelets play a role in the story since they have the DNA symbol that appears on the Japanese titles of the games (just a thought).

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

i was about to post about that watch, but looks like i have been beat to it.
    anyways, I hope that it is similar to the C-Gear. it made trading and battling so much easier IMO.
    But, i do want some gadgets like with the poketech. i liked both.
    another feature i liked was the customizable c-gear skins. i hope they do that again it was very cool

Blog Entries

I loved the customizable c-gear skins as well, and hope we get something like it again. I also hope that we get another VS. Seeker. Some kind of all-purpose writing pad or counter would be cool as well, so I don't have to keep track of my pokemon's EVs on a piece of scratch paper...

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast