The Player Search System (PSS) and its features

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The Player Search System (PSS) and its features

Nyx

Default The Player Search System (PSS) and its features

In Generation II we got the Pokégear, in Generation III the PokéNav, in Generation IV the Pokétch and in Generation V the C Gear. What do you think we'll get this time and how will it work?
    Discuss.

Update
    Image of the new gadget:

Last edited by Nyx; 14th May 2013 at 03:48 PM.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Generation VI Gadget Discussion

Its gonna be a wristwatch again, going from the trailer, that much is known. One thing that threw me for the loop however is that it seems to not have the distinct Pokedevice trait of different coloring for the male/female PC, at least going off the fact that the device seems to be all black on both PC's wrists. Something tells me we're just gonna get an xtranseiver update, but another part of me tells me that GF smartened up and gave us something akin to a color version of the Poketch. That one green button it seems to have is giving off that vibe for me.

What if the new games' gadget is actually the glasses? Augmented reality glasses à la Project Glass. Not serious, but can you imagine?

Anyway, I'd like to see a Pokétch meets Pokégear kind of thing. I'm so glad they did the Pokétch in Generation IV, or else it would have been a wasted chance of utilizing the touchscreen in a reasonable and fun (albeit gimmicky) kinda way. And just as complete and well-though Pokétch was, the C-Gear was equally boring. Really nothing to do with it apart from having shortcuts for a few functions and cheap customization features don't quite make game; and it's super unreasonable that the C-Gear doesn't... look like anything. I mean, don't they know their audience? I'm pretty sure fans really like to see what the gadgets look like, as well as use them.

What is the C-Gear supposed to be anyway? Does it run on the Xtranceiver, or something? I remember a friend mentioning he had seen a possible concept art of C-Gear in a BW concept art gallery, but I really can't remember where that was...

In any case, I'm hoping the functionality of the new gadget will have the range of Pokétch's apps and that its appearance / concept will be more interesting, like the Pokégear. The suggestion for a more "colored" Pokétch might not be bad. Perhaps it could be presented as a smartphone or a tablet!
    Flamesazer likes this.

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

I can see them introducing an iPad like device, predictably called the PokéPad. If we're lucky it might have minigames on it, like Angry Mukubirds.

Blog Entries

It will be called the XYZ Gear and it will be amazing.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Follow Purellian On Twitter
    Visit Purellian's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    I can see them introducing an iPad like device, predictably called the PokéPad. If we're lucky it might have minigames on it, like Angry Mukubirds.
    That makes me laugh a lot. I'd waste hours on Angry Mukubirds!

I think the idea of a smartphone-like device would be really cool. I'm going to assume that whatever the main gadget we get this time will have a lot in common with the C-Gear, unfortunately, since GF is all about the connectivity. However, I hope they make it more useful in-game than the C-Gear, which isn't hard, since I always play with the C-Gear off (meaning it's completely useless, lol). Seriously, it's a waste of the bottom screen, and is made even more disappointing by the excellent use they made of it in HGSS.

The idea of a smartphone or tablet would easily lend itself to making use of the touch screen, as well as having a number of apps of various uses, including minigames, which would be awesome. They could easily incorporate all of the connectivity of the C-Gear, too, while making the bottom screen fun to use in-game.

Waiting for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y since January, 2013!

I'm agreeing with the tablet/smartphone idea, mostly because I can't think of anything better then that. What I would really like to see return is HGSS' usage of the touch screen, which could be used to do just about anything but walk. After the great use of the touch screen, I felt BW was kind of a downgrade with the C-Gear.
    Kwame120 and Isamu Akai like this.

Poketab fur shore

Blog Entries

I kinda want the bottom screen to go back to the way it was in HGSS. The HGSS bottom screen has been the most useful I've ever seen in a Pokemon game
    Personal Youtube: TerraTF

Follow my Pokemon Y Nuzlocke here

Shinies are just a palette swap. If its not bred well, don't use it.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    Probably. Achroma had been playing on it when he battles you, so wynaut give something similar to the PCs?

Nyx

I like the Pokétab idea. Hopefully it will be something like an upgraded version of the Pokétch cause I found most apps pretty useful. Unfortunately this generation's C Gear was a big letdown for me.

Oh and apparently it will look like that.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post
    I like the Pokétab idea. Hopefully it will be something like an upgraded version of the Pokétch cause I found most apps pretty useful. Unfortunately this generation's C Gear was a big letdown for me.

Oh and apparently it will look like that.

Which is what I mentioned in my first post. Its gonna be a wrist based one again, so any tabs or smartphones are outta the picture. I said it before, but a color Poketch would be perfect, and I hope that's what they're going for. Maybe even it will have an even bigger significance in game, like maybe even having the HP of the Pokemon in battle and their moves. Having the battle screen as an actual battle screen for the PC would be great, if a bit out there.

Nyx

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    Which is what I mentioned in my first post. Its gonna be a wrist based one again, so any tabs or smartphones are outta the picture. I said it before, but a color Poketch would be perfect, and I hope that's what they're going for. Maybe even it will have an even bigger significance in game, like maybe even having the HP of the Pokemon in battle and their moves. Having the battle screen as an actual battle screen for the PC would be great, if a bit out there.
    You're right -- it doesn't look like a tablet or smartphone. Of course, that doesn't mean it cannot work like one. But I agree with you, an improved (not just color hopefully, Poketch's functions were a bit too primitive) version of the Poketch with some new apps would be perfect for me.
    As for the fact that both PCs had black devices in the trailer, that can easily change by the time the games are out, or it could be part of the character customization (if we actually get it).

I just want it to be something that isn't useless most of the time.

i.e. something that's not like the C-Gear.
    AiedailEclipsed likes this.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i was hoping for a device that spoofed or took cues from some of apple's ipods, iphones ect. and called it an Ipoke.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast