Picking Teams

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Anser
  • 1 Post By lewisr88

Thread: Picking Teams

Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Tumblr Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Flickr

Default Picking Teams

Sorry if this is a topic that has already been done but I'm new to the forums! So the question is if you where starting another game within the same generation (platinum to soulsilver/black to black 2) would you transfer that team to you your game from the very start??

I like to breed or catch the pokemom I want to start with in my old game and trade them over to my new game as soon as I get to the first Pokemon center! Does anyone else do this?

Default Re: Picking Teams

No. I've had the chance, but I haven't wanted to do it. The whole point of the adventure is to raise new Pokémon from zero. I have a cousin that did cheat during his HeartGold run by transferring his six Level 80-90 Pokémon from Diamond as soon as he got to the second city (Cherrygrove). The hardest time he had was that the Pokémon wouldn't obey him, but he always ended up winning anyway. He then told me he didn't enjoy the game as much as he could have. Also, I like to catch Pokémon belonging to the current generations. In Diamond, I only caught Generation IV Pokémon. The same in Black (well, it wasn't like I had another option there...)
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

Follow lewisr88 On Twitter
    Follow lewisr88 on Tumblr Follow lewisr88 on Flickr Visit lewisr88's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dlee13 View Post
    I like to breed or catch the pokemom I want to start with in my old game and trade them over to my new game as soon as I get to the first Pokemon center! Does anyone else do this?
    I haven't normally done this but for White 2 I have a few pokemon that are low levels that I plan to trade over to go through the game with that I haven't raised before. With past games within the same generation I've normally built up a new team from scratch again, it's just more enjoyable and makes it more of a challenge. I just fancied a bit of a change with White 2.

Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Tumblr Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Flickr

Yeah well the highest level I would use is level 5 but I like to do it since its so hard to get a Pokemon like Bagon and if I transfer it at the start I can raise it with my starter! I have tried using a level 20 before when
    I started out and yeah it would just ignore every command haha. Looking at the pokedex for black 2 is what made me think of this since I have a hatched Zorua's I could use

Blog Entries

What I do is catch/trade for/breed those that I want to use on my team for the next game and transfer them over at the first opportunity. I try to start with the lowest level possible and raise them as much as I can; so no, I don't do the "Send over a level 100 and sweep the slag outta the game" thing. I never really have because that just doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

That said, my first transfer to Black 2 will be my Golurk Riser, but I won't be placing him on the team immediately. Riser did so much for me in my Black run that I owe him that honor; he'll always be the first one to come over to my newest game.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I normally just capture Pokemon I want to raise as I make progress in the game. There have been times where I've traded over Pokemon from my other games to raise, such as the two Riolu eggs I had in HG/SS, an Elekid for my Platinum team and a Vulpix for another copy of HG that I got awhile go. I may also send over a Swinub egg for my Black 2 team, but I'm still unsure about that. Anyway, I like making a team out of the Pokemon I come across in the actual game, so I don't think I would be interested in trading over more than one or two Pokemon/Pokemon eggs from another game. I never saw much of a point to trading over my team from the previous game to the new one since that would take the fun out of raising a new team from scratch.

Blog Entries

I'd never transfer a new team from the very start. That just kills the fun spirit of a new game, and part of a new game's charm is that you're given a clean slate to start anew. Actually catching the Pokémon you're going to use in the specific game you're going to use it in just makes it feels more like a journey IMO and that's always the sort of feel we want.

But if I think there is a Pokémon in one of my old teams that I think will be very valuable to my current team or is the sort I don't think I can find an equal to then I'd probably do it, but not too many and only very late in the game when I've already constructed a team composed solely of Pokémon in that specific game and finished or at least accomplished most of the main storyline. Never from the very start.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

I'd never do that. I like catching and raising new ones. Trying out different pokemon on your team is all the fun of the game. Starting out with high-leveled pokemon makes it too easy and takes away the fun

Blog Entries

I think I'm going to trade over one or two eggs, but that's about it. And I might not even end up training them, depending on how things work out.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

I do love my gen 1, and my team doesn't quite feel whole without this guy
    So that's what I'm missing the most for my White version at the moment. Well aware
    of the fact that I can get it though. Just haven't gotten far enough and been lucky
    enough to encounter a Nidoran Male in Dream World yet :/

I would definitely transfer some very low level Pokémon from previous gen's to compliment
    my team in White. I don't have between Gen 2 and Gen 5 though, haha

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

Well I tend to train an entire team up for the initial first play of the game and then once I have completed it I trade all of my previously trained and well bred Pokemon over for the after-play competitive battles. The initial play-through spurs me on to train a new set of competitive Pokemon to add to my other previous competitively trained ones.

This in turn increases my ability to make new teams.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Planning teams?I usually don't plan them, I like to make it up as I go through the game, thats a lot of the fun for me. I also like to use different Pokemon every game to see what they are like to battle with, and some Pokemon I choose because I really like them, playing with your favorites is also fun.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

I always plan my teams out beforehand for a smoother run through games.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

I'd tranfer my team from BW to BW2 from the beginning, but i wouldn't use them in the main storyline. I use random pokemon that i catch along the way.
    Conkeldurp...