Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: "Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon

Super Moderator Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon

I dont believe the original Kyurem has an actual name, I think it's just "Kyurem"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Was Kyurem's original appearance ever given a name? You know, like how Giratina's initial appearance is known as Altered Forme, Shaymin's Land Forme, and the Kami's Incarnation Formes.

That could be a vital piece of info imo.
    They weren't given a name until after the forme was revealed. As far as I know, there hasn't been any official name given to it.

Post Thanks / Like

I imagine if normal Kyurem has a name, it's "Grey Kyurem."

That's what fits with its Black and White forms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

For the sake of my argument, I hope it's called 'Busted-up Husk' Forme.
    Also, has anyone confirmed whether or not the change to White or Black Formes is permanent or not? Or how it is even triggered? Or whether a single Kyurem has the capacity to change into either of the Formes?
    My question stems from the fact that Kyurem is the 'mascot' of the new games, like Origin Giratina was in Platinum, but there's two this time. Giratina changed using the Griseous Orb, and I know the God Stone (or whatever it's called in english) is in the previous games' coding, but there's only one stone and two Formes. I suppose that the God Stone (which will inevitably called the 'Grey Stone', no doubt) will 'revive' Kyurem, and then a new set of items (orbs or whatever) will cause the Forme changes, but I'm still curious.

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They're still being awfully tight-lipped about Kyurem's formes. I'm pretty sure all we know right now is the name of the formes and that Kyurem absorbs energy from Reshiram or Zekrom in order to change formes.

I'm guessing the forme change isn't permanent, and that Kyurem returns to its original forme once it's defeated.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stratago View Post
    For the sake of my argument, I hope it's called 'Busted-up Husk' Forme.
    Also, has anyone confirmed whether or not the change to White or Black Formes is permanent or not? Or how it is even triggered? Or whether a single Kyurem has the capacity to change into either of the Formes?
    My question stems from the fact that Kyurem is the 'mascot' of the new games, like Origin Giratina was in Platinum, but there's two this time. Giratina changed using the Griseous Orb, and I know the God Stone (or whatever it's called in english) is in the previous games' coding, but there's only one stone and two Formes. I suppose that the God Stone (which will inevitably called the 'Grey Stone', no doubt) will 'revive' Kyurem, and then a new set of items (orbs or whatever) will cause the Forme changes, but I'm still curious.
    I imagine the God Stone will never be heard from again since IIRC it was fully removed from the international versions, and it existing makes little sense given that the Light and Dark Stones are the forms Zekrom and Reshiram took on while dormant. Unlike them, Kyurem has been awake and active the entire time.

Post Thanks / Like

But was the God Stone supposed to be Kyurem ? Is Kyurem a God ?
    I rather see Original Dragon as a God.
    TwinleafShipper Fan

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Grey Kyurem as a possible forme name seems plausible, since Kyurem is still neutral in that state. As for the God Stone, it was only in the Japanese coding and we may never see it again. If it is ever used again, then it will have something to do with the Original Dragon I imagine.

One way that the God Stone can be utilized is this: Fusing together the Light/Dark stones somehow into one stone, and if the stones are how Kyurem changes formes in the first place, then let it hold it for one final transformation into the Original God Dragon.

Basically:
    Light Stone hold item = White Kyurem
    Dark Stone hold item = Black Kyurem
    God Stone hold item = Original Dragon

I still kinda doubt that the God Stone will ever reappear though, but we'll see what happens next month.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

EVERYONE WANTS ME! Reshiram Lv. 9 and under's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think we should see the Original Dragon in B2W2, if at all. It should just be banned from trading and battling with BW. It wouldn't make sense to battle something that doesn't exist yet, would it?
    Sadly, I cannot trade myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Grey Kyurem as a possible forme name seems plausible, since Kyurem is still neutral in that state. As for the God Stone, it was only in the Japanese coding and we may never see it again. If it is ever used again, then it will have something to do with the Original Dragon I imagine.

One way that the God Stone can be utilized is this: Fusing together the Light/Dark stones somehow into one stone, and if the stones are how Kyurem changes formes in the first place, then let it hold it for one final transformation into the Original God Dragon.

Basically:
    Light Stone hold item = White Kyurem
    Dark Stone hold item = Black Kyurem
    God Stone hold item = Original Dragon

I still kinda doubt that the God Stone will ever reappear though, but we'll see what happens next month.
    That would make sense... I hope you're right!

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

Hail to the King Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

If the normal Kyurem (the one originally revealed in BW) represents a lack of energy, then perhaps the original Kyurem is a dragon that appears to be composed of pure energy. Probably drawing some features from all three dragons, but still a unique, new Pokemon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Enzap View Post
    If the normal Kyurem (the one originally revealed in BW) represents a lack of energy, then perhaps the original Kyurem is a dragon that appears to be composed of pure energy. Probably drawing some features from all three dragons, but still a unique, new Pokemon.
    Yeah, even if the Original Dragon turns out to be another "forme" of Kyurem, it will be the first alternate forme to be far more than a simple forme change. I think that an entirely newly named Dragon would be ideal. Kyurem's typing just doesn't fit with something thats suppose to represent the height of energy, and I agree with what Silktree was saying, its name meaning also doesn't fit.

I like the idea of a Pokemon composed of pure energy, sounds very interesting and I wonder what the typing (Dragon/???) would be? As for any other basis, I believe that:

Kyurem = Absolute zero - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Original Dragon = Absolute hot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Both are polar opposites at the opposite ends of the temperature/energy scale.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Super Moderator Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Not sure what type the Original Dragon would be going by that theory. I dont know if any other type can go with the representation of pure energy unless a new type were to be introduced, but I dont see that happening at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hyper Beam is Normal Type, and there's the Ice/Fire/Electric, Normal Type Tri Attack... I bet it'd be Dragon/Normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnSilver View Post
    Not sure what type the Original Dragon would be going by that theory. I dont know if any other type can go with the representation of pure energy unless a new type were to be introduced, but I dont see that happening at all.
    Psychic is pure energy basically. Pure Dragon *energy* also works.

Quote Originally Posted by Deox-Y View Post
    Hyper Beam is Normal Type, and there's the Ice/Fire/Electric, Normal Type Tri Attack... I bet it'd be Dragon/Normal.
    Dragon/Normal would remind me of Arceus, but Normal is kinda boring IMO. I get what your saying though with Tri attack, but I'd rather they made stronger a Dragon type signature version for the Original Dragon if they went that route.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast