"Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon - Page 7
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: "Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem

Quote Originally Posted by Griknot View Post
    And isnt Kyurem a zombie that eats people?
    In-game rumors that have yet to be confirmed.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

The people in that town says he does, doesnt that mean its real?
    Oh I get it you mean the people in the town dont know it for sure so its a rumor. Got it.
    So then Kyurem isnt dead? I thought he was frozen alive or something cuz he has 0-degree air coming from inside him.

Blog Entries

Kyurem wouldn't have such a low BST if it were intended to be the original. That just doesn't add up.

Personally, I think Kyurem was the part of the OD that was neutral in the argument, and the other two parts wanted to separate more, so they therefore inherited more power that it.

Even if I'm wrong, mitosis is mitosis, even for dragons... Hahahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Griknot View Post
    And isnt Kyurem a zombie that eats people?
    In-game rumors that have yet to be confirmed.
    The people of Lacunosa Town enacted a curfew and surrounded the entire place with a wall just to avoid Kyurem.

The curfew is one thing, but the wall pretty much confirms Kyurem was doing much more than just spooking people.

Besides, it's not like the third member of the mascot trio being a dick is a new thing. Giratina's "violence"(Which to this day has never been explained) resulted in it getting labeled the Renegade Pokemon, banished to the Distortion World, and its monument in Eterna City being removed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    The people of Lacunosa Town enacted a curfew and surrounded the entire place with a wall just to avoid Kyurem.

The curfew is one thing, but the wall pretty much confirms Kyurem was doing much more than just spooking people.

Besides, it's not like the third member of the mascot trio being a dick is a new thing. Giratina's "violence"(Which to this day has never been explained) resulted in it getting labeled the Renegade Pokemon, banished to the Distortion World, and its monument in Eterna City being removed.
    Their superstition doesn't confirm anything. There's nothing in-game that proves Kyurem actively goes after anyone not within the walls of Lacunosa Town at night. Even at night, there's an NPC standing near where the boulder needs to be moved to access Giant Chasm. Don't you think Gamefreak would be consistent with their placement of NPCs while taking into consideration that everyone in the town nearby goes out of their way to avoid Kyurem? And honestly, why would a puny wall like that stop Kyurem from rampaging through Lacunosa Town?

To me, it sounds like nothing more than an urban legend, which I am very skeptical of. And I will remain skeptical until we learn more about Kyurem's origins.

I don't doubt that Giratina and Kyurem have less-than-pleasant reputations, though. But those reputations are usually based on old tales of their supposed "violence" and nothing more.

Blog Entries

And honestly, why would a puny wall like that stop Kyurem from rampaging through Lacunosa Town?
    Completely agree. It can just walk right into the town via the Route 13 entrance. If that was blocked, well, it has wings, right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Deox View Post
    Completely agree. It can just walk right into the town via the Route 13 entrance. If that was blocked, well, it has wings, right?
    I don't think they're necessarily wings. And if they are, then one of them is broken. It could just jump over the wall...or knock the wall down. This wall doesn't even surround the entire perimeter of Lacunosa Town.

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

My hope for a restored OD has been renewed thanks to the revealed new formes of the Kami Trio, which I personally doubt anyone saw coming. I'd have expected alternate formes of the Muskedeers (since their inclusion in the opening sequence indicates, IMO, a bigger part in the story) before the Kami trio got them. If there are new versions of those three, there's no reason to think there aren't more versions of other pokemon at this point. I've never heard anybody talking about placeholder data for three more alternates, so bring forth Kyurem's fourth form!

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

Blog Entries

I don't think they're necessarily wings.
    Well, it can fly, the other two and it's other Formes have wings, they look like wings, so Occam's Razor (That's how you spell it, right?) dictates they are wings.

Blog Entries

I've yet to see Kyurem (base) open its mouth at all. It is literally frozen shut.

Anyways, given the new Kami formes they might as well program a new Dragon in the games altogether. It doesn't need to be compatible with BW no more than the funky new genie animals aren't going to be.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    I've yet to see Kyurem (base) open its mouth at all. It is literally frozen shut.

Anyways, given the new Kami formes they might as well program a new Dragon in the games altogether. It doesn't need to be compatible no more than the funky new genie animals need to be.
    Quite true, but wouldn't it pull all the attention away from these new Kyurem Formes? After all, who'd use 2/3 when they can use 1/1?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratago
    I've never heard anybody talking about placeholder data for three more alternates, so bring forth Kyurem's fourth form!
    I would not refer to the original dragon as Kyurem's fourth form. If nothing else, I can't imagine the original dragon being called Kyurem, which is a name derived from the Japanese words for cold, zero and nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by El_
    It doesn't need to be compatible no more than the funky new genie animals need to be.
    But if the new Formes can revert to the familiar Kami trio, then they will still be compatible with Black and White. I don't think the placeholder data is at all important.

For the original dragon, things would be a little trickier. But if Black/White Kyurem were to "evolve" into the original dragon (by fusing with each other or Reshiram and Zekrom), then the transformation could easily be reversible, which would accommodate compatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Deox
    Quite true, but wouldn't it pull all the attention away from these new Kyurem Formes? After all, who'd use 2/3 when they can use 1/1?
    The most logical theory is that the original dragon would be event-exclusive, meaning that it wouldn't be available right away.

Blog Entries

I can also see what you're getting at, but once it comes out, who's going to use Kyurem at all?

Besides, fusing two or three Pokemon together would result in having to store the data for the fuse-ees and the fusion. You'd basically get a new OD for each time you change a specific individual from the batch.

I can also see what you're getting at, but once it comes out, who's going to use Kyurem at all?
    How would this be different than what happened with Giratina and Arceus? People still use the former.

Besides, fusing two or three Pokemon together would result in having to store the data for the fuse-ees and the fusion. You'd basically get a new OD for each time you change a specific individual from the batch.
    I don't think actual fusion would take place as far as the player would be concerned. My preferred theory is that Black and White Kyurem would be merged together - from separate universes. The player would only use one Kyurem, but the Kyurem from the other version/universe would be implied to be part of the transformation. As a result, the original dragon would have access to both Freeze Bolt and Ice Burn, but the other moves, IVs and EVs would simply be transferred from a single Kyurem.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    How would this be different than what happened with Giratina and Arceus? People still use the former.

I don't think actual fusion would take place as far as the player would be concerned. My preferred theory is that Black and White Kyurem would be merged together - from separate universes. The player would only use one Kyurem, but the Kyurem from the other version/universe would be implied to be part of the transformation. As a result, the original dragon would have access to both Freeze Bolt and Ice Burn, but the other moves, IVs and EVs would simply be transferred from a single Kyurem.
    I can see that working, and it would be pretty cool, maybe would even get a 3D cutscene showing the fusion, I would love to see that, still hard to imagine what the dragon would look like.

Also the theory that Kyurem is the OD's energy absorbing rival comes back to my mind, but I don't really believe that, and if it were true how would we get Kyurem's perfect form, I know we could probably get the Original Dragon by fusing Reshiram and Zekrom in the way stated above if it were true, but if it were true wouldn't it be cool to have both the Original Dragon and Perfect Kyurem?
    Diamond friend code: 4125 8769 6126

White friend code: 4513 3590 0644

White 2 friend code: 2065 8368 4111

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast