"Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon - Page 4

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 432
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: "Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon

  1. #46
    Crimson Fighter Phoenixphlare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,092
    Blog Entries
    196

    Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem

    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    ...Shouldn't the mere existence of Reshiram and Zekrom be enough to prove that the twin heroes and original dragon did exist?

    UUUUUUUUUUUM HELL NO. Just because something exists doesn't mean a supposed origin is true. AT ALL. That is like saying we know god is real because the universe exists. It doesn't compute.

    Or to use a more appropriate example that's like saying the existence of Kyurem proves that a meteor hit the giant chasm and created Kyurem.

    Which was my original point.
    Last edited by Phoenixphlare; 6th May 2012 at 12:00 AM.

  2. #47
    Sleep tight Isamu Akai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,215
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaphlare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    ...Shouldn't the mere existence of Reshiram and Zekrom be enough to prove that the twin heroes and original dragon did exist?

    UUUUUUUUUUUM HELL NO. Just because something exists doesn't mean a supposed origin is true. AT ALL. That is like saying we know god is real because the universe exists. It doesn't compute.
    Uummmmm, sorry but I don't think god plus universe is a good example, considering that we don't know the number one reason why and how the universe was formed.

    With Reshiram and Zekrom, we do know how they were formed. By saying that the twins and original dragon didn't exist, then you're also saying that Reshiram and Zekrom also cannot exist, but they do. And I'm most certain that if Game Freak were asked if the legend were canon, they would answer yes. Honestly, I just cannot imagine GF making this whole legend business more complex than it already is. It's pretty obvious that the legend is canon.

    Also, please, chill down.


    Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

  3. #48
    Crimson Fighter Phoenixphlare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,092
    Blog Entries
    196

    Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem

    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaphlare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    ...Shouldn't the mere existence of Reshiram and Zekrom be enough to prove that the twin heroes and original dragon did exist?

    UUUUUUUUUUUM HELL NO. Just because something exists doesn't mean a supposed origin is true. AT ALL. That is like saying we know god is real because the universe exists. It doesn't compute.
    Uummmmm, sorry but I don't think god plus universe is a good example, considering that we don't know the number one reason why and how the universe was formed.

    With Reshiram and Zekrom, we do know how they were formed. By saying that the twins and original dragon didn't exist, then you're also saying that Reshiram and Zekrom also cannot exist, but they do. And I'm most certain that if Game Freak were asked if the legend were canon, they would answer yes. Honestly, I just cannot imagine GF making this whole legend business more complex than it already is. It's pretty obvious that the legend is canon.

    Also, please, chill down.

    How do we know that exactly someone told us. Sound familiar? SO YES IT IS A INCREDIBLY VALID EXAMPLE.


    So no I'm not saying that at all. And yes I'm pretty damn sure the lengend is true but that's not the point I was trying to make which you can see from my previous posts.

    My point is that there is little reason to question the Kyurem lengend since NO ONE IS QUESTIONING ANY OTHER LENGEND!


    ALSO I'm sorry but people not making sense makes me uncalm

  4. #49
    Sleep tight Isamu Akai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,215
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem

    You think we're not making sense? Sorry but I find that uncalled for and a bit rude. I could very well say the same thing to you.

    With the two legends, the twin legend is more commonly recited, and is generally accepted by everyone in Unova. I also don't see anyone questioning it, so I don't see where you got that idea from. With Kyurem originating from a meteor, only two people in the entire games mention it. It's not enough to deny the possibility that Kyurem did came from a meteor, but it's certainly still not enough to turn heads. And with Kyurem's new role in BW2, things aren't adding up very well either now. It'd be different if there were more people citing that it came from outer limits of space, but there isn't a lot. If anything, there's more mention of Kyurem being the "monster who kidnaps people during the night to eat them", than mention of the meteor.

    Frankly, the only way anything will be answered is when BW2 is released, provided if they do fully explain Kyurem's relation to Zekrom and Reshiram. The only connections that we have thought up are obviously speculation. In short, the only thing we can do, is wait.


    Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

  5. #50
    Crimson Fighter Phoenixphlare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,092
    Blog Entries
    196

    Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem

    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    You think we're not making sense? Sorry but I find that uncalled for and a bit rude. I could very well say the same thing to you.

    With the two legends, the twin legend is more commonly recited, and is generally accepted by everyone in Unova. I also don't see anyone questioning it, so I don't see where you got that idea from. With Kyurem originating from a meteor, only two people in the entire games mention it. It's not enough to deny the possibility that Kyurem did came from a meteor, but it's certainly still not enough to turn heads. And with Kyurem's new role in BW2, things aren't adding up very well either now. It'd be different if there were more people citing that it came from outer limits of space, but there isn't a lot. If anything, there's more mention of Kyurem being the "monster who kidnaps people during the night to eat them", than mention of the meteor.

    Frankly, the only way anything will be answered is when BW2 is released, provided if they do fully explain Kyurem's relation to Zekrom and Reshiram. The only connections that we have thought up are obviously speculation. In short, the only thing we can do, is wait.
    I think you telling me to calm down is uncalled for and a bit rude. And no not really.

    I don't remember the legend being recited more than twice unless you count the anime. And yes the part about eating people is far fetched but we do know that Kyurem lives in a Chasm what causes chasms? Meteors.

    And if you trust the twin heroes original dragons why would you believe that they missed something. A third giant dragon seems like something that deserves a mention and would be hard to forget about.

    It just doesn't fit because it is way too different for me.

  6. #51
    Merry Christmas! Oswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,684
    Blog Entries
    38

    Follow Oswin on Tumblr

    Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem

    Mod note: Lets cool it guys, no need to start an argument.

  7. #52
    Sleep tight Isamu Akai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,215
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem

    The people reciting, I was referring to the NPCs. And I recall the legend being mentioned several times throughout the entire game, and the memory is still fresh in mind considering that I've just played and beaten Black recently. Would you like me to go fetch some quotes? In comparison to the mention of the meteor, which is really only mentioned once, the twin legend is mentioned more frequently and in much greater detail.

    Honestly, I find it hard to believe how you're disregarding the twin legend, while regarding the meteor theory highly when only very little of it is mentioned whereas the twin legend more prominent.

    Kyurem's role, is for now, speculation. There are many theories of how it could be related to the original dragon, but again, all we can do is wait. If you want to hear my over the top theory, it could be that Kyurem is considered to be such a bad omen that it was deliberately not referenced in the legend out of fear. Or that Kyurem went on its own and gone unnoticed, and perhaps took the form of a meteor then. Either way, we can only wait until GF confirms how it is related to the dragons.


    Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

  8. #53
    Crimson Fighter Phoenixphlare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,092
    Blog Entries
    196

    Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem

    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    The people reciting, I was referring to the NPCs. And I recall the legend being mentioned several times throughout the entire game, and the memory is still fresh in mind considering that I've just played and beaten Black recently. Would you like me to go fetch some quotes? In comparison to the mention of the meteor, which is really only mentioned once, the twin legend is mentioned more frequently and in much greater detail.

    Honestly, I find it hard to believe how you're disregarding the twin legend, while regarding the meteor theory highly when only very little of it is mentioned whereas the twin legend more prominent.

    Kyurem's role, is for now, speculation. There are many theories of how it could be related to the original dragon, but again, all we can do is wait. If you want to hear my over the top theory, it could be that Kyurem is considered to be such a bad omen that it was deliberately not referenced in the legend out of fear. Or that Kyurem went on its own and gone unnoticed, and perhaps took the form of a meteor then. Either way, we can only wait until GF confirms how it is related to the dragons.

    I'm not disregarding the legend I'm saying it is legend and so is Kyurem myth so their is no reason to regard one over the other. Yes the twins get mentioned a few times but the spliting thing only gets mentioned 2-3 times to my memory.
    Last edited by Phoenixphlare; 6th May 2012 at 01:08 AM.

  9. #54
    Sleep tight Isamu Akai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,215
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem

    Alright. Just as long as we've reached a conclusion, then I'm fine.

    That said, I am interested actually in how GF will explain all of this. But knowing them, it'll probably be something simple for the most part. And I certainly hope so, I deal with enough complexities when it comes to Zelda theorizing as it is...


    Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

  10. #55
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,205
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem

    Honestly if you think about it maybe the Orignal Dragon was in the air when it split into the Tao Trio? When Kyurem formed he fell to the earth and created the giant chasm. The locals didn't understand what happened and thought it was a meteor simple the meteor story is just what they thought it was not what actually happened
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

  11. #56
    Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    22,052
    Blog Entries
    199
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem

    That would actually make a whole lot of sense, a dragon falling to earth quickly could be mistaken for a meteor especially if you were far away and didnt see that it was actually a dragon.

  12. #57
    Want them in PokeMart? Rare Candy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cherrygrove City
    Posts
    535

    Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem

    Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare Candy View Post
    BW2 might not finish the story of the dragons, maybe when the games are released, we learn that there's space for another Kyurem form (the perfect form), and since Ruby and Sapphire remakes are not about to happen, we can still expect Pokemon Grey.
    Do you really think they'd bother with a third version now? After these sequels? Gamefreak did say that there wouldn't be a third version for Gen V.
    Do you really think he would tell you what is going to happen after 4 or 5 years?

    He said they were done with Black and White, and you expect no Pokemon Grey, and then they tell you they're going to release Black and White 2, which is more BW than Grey.

    What I mean, in simple words, is that you cannot use that to confirm that there won't be any Pokemon Grey.

  13. #58
    Sleep tight Isamu Akai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,215
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Honestly if you think about it maybe the Orignal Dragon was in the air when it split into the Tao Trio? When Kyurem formed he fell to the earth and created the giant chasm. The locals didn't understand what happened and thought it was a meteor simple the meteor story is just what they thought it was not what actually happened
    Now this, is a good theory, and similar to what I had thought of previously. This theory makes the most sense to me, and it certainly does seem very possible.

    Also in regards to Grey, I honestly don't think that Game Freak will even consider it. BW2 is pretty much our obligatory "third version", so to speak, for Gen V. It pretty much expands on BW like how a singular third version would.


    Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

  14. #59
    Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    22,052
    Blog Entries
    199
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem

    I think Black 2/White 2 is what we are getting instead of Gray.

    Also I dont really see a reason for them to continue the Tao trio story in Gen 6, in Gen 6 they'll have new legendaries and characters to focus on, so I think this will be wrapped up in B2/W2.

  15. #60
    Lurker Zistal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    417

    Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem

    It's pretty much confirmed a genuine meteor hit the area considering the heavy presence of celestial Pokemon and the nearly one-of-a-kind Comet Shard there.

    Either Kyurem really came down on it, was already near Lacunosa Town in dormancy and got woken up by the impact, or wandered into the area after the meteor got its attention.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •