"Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon - Page 23

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: "Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon

Blog Entries

Default Re: "Perfect" Kyurem - rebirth of the Original Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphen View Post
    But would they introduce a brand new Pokémon/Forme in a remake? That doesn't seem that likely IMO.
    They introduced new formes in third versions and sequels, I don't see how its anymore unlikely in remakes. Especially when FrLg did just that with Deoxys before any third version has.

Blog Entries
    Add Stratago on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphen View Post
    But would they introduce a brand new Pokémon/Forme in a remake? That doesn't seem that likely IMO.
    No, I suppose not... Though HG/SS had Spiky-Eared Pichu, if that counts (which I know it doesn't, so don't bother telling me so).
    Platinum gave us plenty of alternate Formes of existing Pokemon, and I personally consider it a 'remake', just like all the other 'third version' games (with the possible exception of Yellow) since their stories are more or less the same.

Smogon: 'Nuff said.

i think it is definatly possbile that in a future game a "perfect" kyurem will occur.I also think that in the future it's possible it won't always be necessary to have obtained both kyurem and zekrom/Reshiram to change formes.such a thing could occur because of specific held items.As it might be otherwise somewhat limiting for future game development if you get what i mean.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I highly doubt they will change the way Kyurem transforms in future games, as those were meant to be fusions of Kyurem and Reshiram or Zekrom using the DNA Link. They havent changed the way any other legendary transforms into another forme ( Shaymin still requires the Gracidea, a Key Item, because it's meant to use that to transform) For this reason, I believe the DNA Link will simply be made obtainable in future games along with Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom. I wouldnt rule out the Original Dragon at this point, but I don't believe it will be Kyurem, but it's own unique species of Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Sugimori expressed interest in fusing Pokemon, now that he has it, I doubt he'd easily let Kyurem's forme change method be changed.
    Owain likes this.

Blog Entries

I actually cringe at the thought of the DNA Link being obtainable in every future game after it was made out to be so unique in these games.

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stratago View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    I don't agree with the OD is going to remain a legend argument. Why would it anyways when B/W Kyurem are literally halfway done to completing the OD? If they never intended for us to the OD one day then they wouldn't have bothered with Kyurem's formes and the DNA linker.

They are just being very obscure with it is all. If they can reveal Arceus, then there is no reason whatsoever why the OD can't be revealed later on. What would be a huge surprise is if it turns out to be a version mascot for Gen 6 along with some other 720 BST Pokemon to match it, though I'm not expecting this.
    That'd be pretty cool, I guess (at least it'd have some of the spotlight), but alas, OD will prolly get Regigigas'd. Though what would be even worse, IMO, is if it made its debut in the much debated R/S/E remakes as some kind of sideshow attraction. I can't imagine why OD (or at the very least one of its species) would be in Hoenn of all places. Granted, Ho-oh and Lugia were in the Sevii Islands, but if you think about a map of Japan, couldn't they be the Ryukyu islands? Granted it would place them south of Hoenn, but that would explain why they're able to link up with Hoenn's networks in that way. Isshu is on the other side of the planet...
    Then, what are doing a Heatran, a Cresselia, and the three lake guardians in Unova? And why Ghetsis had the Creation trio orbs?

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratago View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    I don't agree with the OD is going to remain a legend argument. Why would it anyways when B/W Kyurem are literally halfway done to completing the OD? If they never intended for us to the OD one day then they wouldn't have bothered with Kyurem's formes and the DNA linker.

They are just being very obscure with it is all. If they can reveal Arceus, then there is no reason whatsoever why the OD can't be revealed later on. What would be a huge surprise is if it turns out to be a version mascot for Gen 6 along with some other 720 BST Pokemon to match it, though I'm not expecting this.
    That'd be pretty cool, I guess (at least it'd have some of the spotlight), but alas, OD will prolly get Regigigas'd. Though what would be even worse, IMO, is if it made its debut in the much debated R/S/E remakes as some kind of sideshow attraction. I can't imagine why OD (or at the very least one of its species) would be in Hoenn of all places. Granted, Ho-oh and Lugia were in the Sevii Islands, but if you think about a map of Japan, couldn't they be the Ryukyu islands? Granted it would place them south of Hoenn, but that would explain why they're able to link up with Hoenn's networks in that way. Isshu is on the other side of the planet...
    Then, what are doing a Heatran, a Cresselia, and the three lake guardians in Unova? And why Ghetsis had the Creation trio orbs?
    Well, to be fair, being post-game content and all, it's probably just a huge case of gameplay and story segregation, or likely just a way to enhance gameplay, having more thing to do in the post-game and making these legends more available, but I should point out that I agree with you, just as Lugia and Ho-oh are in the Sevii Islands, its equally likely for the OD to appear in any region even if it has no connection with its legend.

Blog Entries

That's the problem with legendary Pokemon. They lose whatever defines them in their respective games because they have to be made available in future games. It's just another hole that Gamefreak has dug themselves into.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    That's the problem with legendary Pokemon. They lose whatever defines them in their respective games because they have to be made available in future games. It's just another hole that Gamefreak has dug themselves into.
    Even despite the connections they made through generations. For example, I got in my Soulsilver, not needing any special event, three totally legit of each Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres: One of each from SS itself, one traded from Platinum, and one PalParked from LeafGreen. The only thing I needed was a borrowed DS to trade.

- Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Blog Entries
    Follow voicerocker On Twitter
    Visit voicerocker's Youtube Channel

No they don't. The difference here is that everyone is worked up over a Pokemon that does not exist. We know Kyurem is not the OD because the split created it. (The word used was "created", which implies Kyurem did not exist before this split occured). Kyurem was also called the "Strongest Dragon in Unova" so that tells me there will be no OD. Could it appear in Gen 6? I suppose, but it would make absolutely no sense for it to unless Gen 6 returns to Unova or is tied to Unova, but each Gen introduces a new region with new Pokemon with a new story. Regigigas was not important to the Gen 4 plot, so adding it didn't matter.

We know all we need to know about the OD from B/W and B2W2. There's nothing to add but capturing it, which would have it treated as Regigigas basically. With Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem being as important to the plot of Gen 5 as they are, they would not put this almighty dragon in a cave in a new region like they did Regigigas. I guess I'm the only person who thinks the OD's legend can be valid and important without capturing it.

I don't see how Game Freak has "dug themselves into a hole" when the majority of people are happy they added more older Legendary Pokemon for B2W2.
    =====

Just thought about this.

Everyone is so absolutely sure the Unova Legend of the OD is true, that Reshiram and Zekrom were truly 1 dragon before. However, in Gen 4, no one would accept Arceus being the creator of the Pokemon universe. Why is that? Why is it that people fully believe that the OD existed, but Arceus could never have lived up to its legend?
    VeggiePopper likes this.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami

Quote Originally Posted by voicerocker View Post
    No they don't. The difference here is that everyone is worked up over a Pokemon that does not exist. We know Kyurem is not the OD because the split created it. (The word used was "created", which implies Kyurem did not exist before this split occured). Kyurem was also called the "Strongest Dragon in Unova" so that tells me there will be no OD. Could it appear in Gen 6? I suppose, but it would make absolutely no sense for it to unless Gen 6 returns to Unova or is tied to Unova, but each Gen introduces a new region with new Pokemon with a new story. Regigigas was not important to the Gen 4 plot, so adding it didn't matter.

We know all we need to know about the OD from B/W and B2W2. There's nothing to add but capturing it, which would have it treated as Regigigas basically. With Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem being as important to the plot of Gen 5 as they are, they would not put this almighty dragon in a cave in a new region like they did Regigigas. I guess I'm the only person who thinks the OD's legend can be valid and important without capturing it.

I don't see how Game Freak has "dug themselves into a hole" when the majority of people are happy they added more older Legendary Pokemon for B2W2.
    =====

Just thought about this.

Everyone is so absolutely sure the Unova Legend of the OD is true, that Reshiram and Zekrom were truly 1 dragon before. However, in Gen 4, no one would accept Arceus being the creator of the Pokemon universe. Why is that? Why is it that people fully believe that the OD existed, but Arceus could never have lived up to its legend?
    Simple, Yin Yang mythology and the fact that Kyurem can fuse with either Reshiram and Zekrom, which support the OD myth.

Also, Arceus did lived up to its legend as the creature that set motion to the creation of the universe (it literally gave birth to Giratina, Palkia, and Dialuga, which does the creation part), it's that that it was OP; It has the highest overall base stats imaginable, and with the multitype ability was the most power Pokémon of all type. We just wanted a monster that's just as powerful as Arceus in terms of base stats and abilities.

Then again one could argue that Arceus is the original dragon, and that human intervention cause it lose it's polarity: causing it to became Kyurem, while it's yin and yang became Reshiram and Zekrom respectively, (also, legends differs from each region).
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

Blog Entries

Of course Kyurem is the strongest Dragon Pokemon in Unova--the Original Dragon and Kyurem theoretically do not exist at the same time, thus Kyurem is able to hold that title so long as the Original Dragon is unable to exist, yet, if it did, Kyurem wouldn't even exist to lose the title.
    El_ likes this.

Blog Entries

Kyurem's stat base is 660.
    Reshiram and Zekrom's stat base is 680.
    Fused Kyurem's stat base is 700.
    So what if OD's stat is... wait for it... 720. A legendary monster with a power that even rivalizes God's... sounds cool.

BTW, Arceus is Multitype. Ingame, Arceus is Normal and requires Plates to change type, just because of game's mechanics, but I understand Arceus as a Pokémon of every type at once. So, Arceus is a Dragon. And so is Fire, Electric and Ice. Dr. Mecha's comment just gave me this idea, what if OD is Arceus?

(Still I'd like to see another OD)

El_
    Blog Entries

Like I stated before, Arceus should have little or nothing to do with the Original Dragon. If Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem were all once Arceus, then they all should have been introduced in Sinnoh as opposed to Unova, thats all there is to it. Bulbapedia's page about Arceus's myth does tell how it is very similar to Taoism, which I do agree with, but its referring to the Creation Trio and not the Tao Trio.

The Original Dragon will be its own unique species just like how an ancient version of Genesect (speculation at this point, but plausible) will be its own unique species.

I've been thinking about how the OD will be if introduced: typing, basis, and general things of that sort. I've composed a theory that may or may not pan out, but we'll see.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast